PDA

View Full Version : Uninstalling levels

JohnRaider
1st Aug 2003, 15:45
How do I uninstall levels? A level I downloaded came with a english.dat and script.dat I had to replace with the existing ones. Now the only level that shows up is the one I downloaded.

eTux
1st Aug 2003, 15:55
Uninstalling? This would not be the appropriate word - either move the script and english you backuped back in the folder and overwrite the level's script and english (don't panic if you don't have them you can always get them back by "rebuilding" the script in the script folder) or overwrite the next levels you want to play script and english over these - and play the next. I don't see a reason to play the provided test levels, as you have seen them all in the last revelation (but this method might come in handy when playing older levels, who don't have provided scripts).

Driber
3rd Aug 2003, 10:55
like eTux said, backing up the files before overwriting them is the easiest way to "uninstall" a custom level

if you however have overwritten files and cannot get them back, simply run the setup from the TRLE cd, select custom setup and choose the items that you want restored

Paolone
3rd Aug 2003, 11:05
Originally posted by jack_Raider
How do I uninstall levels? A level I downloaded came with a english.dat and script.dat I had to replace with the existing ones. Now the only level that shows up is the one I downloaded.

Please visit this site: http://www.TrLevelManager.it
You'll find program Tr Level Manager it handles fully every operation of install/unistall and swapping between level automatically.

Add a level:

1) Choose menu command Levels->Add new level
2) Select Zip file with level
3) Click on button DONE

Done. :cool:
If level is in tom format, LM will convert it automatically
If level needs of new wads, LM will download and installa them automatically

Change level to play
1) Choose from list the level name you wish
2) Click on button PLAY

Done :cool:
You'll find same savegames you let last time you playd that level.
You can play two or more level in same day, simpli clicking level name and then button play.