PDA

View Full Version : Top Ten most wanted

Kain's Ancient Blade
31st Jul 2003, 00:47
well in the new PSM magazine Defiance broke the top ten. We made it to number 9. Which is great in my opinion. But I believe the Poll was rigged. As far as I remember LOK was at number 1 the last time i voted on the site.
PSM poll
1. Metal Gear Solid
2. Final Fantasy x-2
3. Socom II
4. Gran Turismo 4
5. Final Fantasy XI
6. Castlevania
7. Soul Calibur
8. Medal of Honor
9. DEFIANCE
10. Daldur's Gate

Checked PSMONLINE and unless these results were taken at the very beginning they have been rigged. Defiance is way ahead of of everything from number three and down.

blincoln
31st Jul 2003, 01:57
Yeah, I noticed that too. It looks really suspicious to me. Defiance has been in the top three for the last month.

punkst4r
31st Jul 2003, 03:17
How did that appen?!!!

We're in third place!!!

Adrian Tepes
31st Jul 2003, 06:37
Personally, I am looking forward to the following games respectively.

1. LOK: Defiance
2. Castlevania - Lament of Innocence
3. MGS3: Snake Eater
4. Onimusha 3
5. Chaos Legion
6. FF X-2
7. MegaMan X 7
8. Megaman Zero 2
9. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
10. Xenosaga Episode II

Actually, I have no idea why I am getting all worked up over these games. I bought Xenosaga Episode I and Suikoden III about 4 months ago and have yet to take them out of the shrinkwrap. Hopefully when I get some of these titles, I will have time to play them.

EDIT: As you can probably tell, I am a huge fan of Konami and Capcom. They are two of the oldest and best companies ever.

Umah Bloodomen
31st Jul 2003, 07:11
I'm looking forward to the following:

Thief 3
Soul Calibur II
LOKD
The Four Horsemen of The Apocalypse
Chaos Legion

(That's pretty bad, I can't find 10 games worth anticipating. :p).

As far as the poll is concerned, I wouldn't worry. People will be putting their feet in their mouths once they realize LOKD is worthwhile. :)

blincoln
31st Jul 2003, 07:50
Yeah, I'm looking forward to Four Horsemen too. I really hope 3DO's demise doesn't doom it. Maybe Eidos can pick it up and give THAT to Crystal too =).

Umah Bloodomen
31st Jul 2003, 08:04
Originally posted by blincoln
Yeah, I'm looking forward to Four Horsemen too. I really hope 3DO's demise doesn't doom it. Maybe Eidos can pick it up and give THAT to Crystal too =).

Eidos is such a charitable company. Giving titles away on a whim and all. :p

Remember though, we don't want to overwork CD. They still have to appease us first. :D

L_Master562
31st Jul 2003, 08:14
My list was 10 games elsewhere, so not hard to recreate here.

But the fact is is that there are plenty of worth it videogames in dev right now.

1.Defiance
2.Star Wars Rogue Squadron 3 Rebel Strike
3.Mario 128
4.Resident Evil 4
5.Soul Calibur 2
6.Knights of the Old Republic(for other than X Box(I want it for Pc) which I won't get 'till next month on my quest for all systems)
7.Halo 2 for when I get the box
8.F Zero GX(which looks good and hopefully plays as well as the others)
9.Sonic Heros(I'm really pro-game mascots)
10.Metroid Prime 2/Zero Mission(original remake, but with lotsa addons) are my tops in no particular order.

I just started getting EGM again after half a year of not and I still payed until last month. Guess I have awhile before I pay again though. It helps me out greatly with this stuff, but reviews are really iffy. Letters to the mag though are great and coverage is usually top notch. I can't blame them for the Metroid Prime 10 across the board for scores either. The only time I've stood eye to eye with them in a long time.

Zansky
31st Jul 2003, 20:10
If I can say my personal top 10...im gonna thow some PC games in there :)

1) Half-Life 2
2) Lok: Defiance
3) Doom 3

Everything after that kinda gets in a jumble... :p

Raz
31st Jul 2003, 20:19
My top ten, in order of most wanted, are as follows...

1. Legacy of Kain: Defiance
2. Resident Evil Outbreak
3. Metal Gear Solid 3
4. Resident Evil 4
5. Star Wars: Rogue Squadron 3
6. Final Fantasy X-2
7. Driver 3
8. Sonic Heroes
9. Mojib Ribbon
10. Onimusha 3

There are others that I want, though they've not actually been confirmed to be in development. One example is the rumoured Silent Hill 4... ;)

Apocrypha Roxy
31st Jul 2003, 22:47
Fer me...

1) Defiance
2) Thief 3
3) Prince of Persia: Sands of Time

And I can't think of anymore.

God, what's this world coming to?!

Anyone have any suggestions to new games? Something to catch my interests? Some of the ones mentioned before sound cool...

Darcketh
1st Aug 2003, 08:04
I don't play games so much novadays as I used to play, so I'm waiting eagerly only few titles:

Legacy of Kain - Defiance
Metal Gear Solid 3 - Snake Eater

I really want games to have a good plot and both of these games have extra-ordinarily well written and confusing story line. ;)

Rook
1st Aug 2003, 09:01
Me wants:

1)LoK: Defiance
2)Prince of Persia: Sands of Time
3)Chaos Legion
4)Castlevania: Lament of Innocence
5)Sphinx and the Shadow of Set
6)Thief 3
7)Soul Calibur 2
8)Whiplash

And at least a couple of others that just aren't coming to mind at the moment...:o

Evelin The Winged
2nd Aug 2003, 19:26
1) LoK-Defiance
2) Fable (I can't believe it's been delayed!)

I'll need to do a little more research on Xbox games...

Esoteric
2nd Aug 2003, 22:37
I am only looking forward to two games:

LoK: Defiance and Thief 3. I don't play games often enough to give a crap about anything else. :p

Kain's Ancient Blade
2nd Aug 2003, 22:50
Originally posted by Apocrypha Roxy
Fer me...

1) Defiance
2) Thief 3
3) Prince of Persia: Sands of Time

And I can't think of anymore.

God, what's this world coming to?!

Anyone have any suggestions to new games? Something to catch my interests? Some of the ones mentioned before sound cool...

Well besides from what every one else said If your a fan of Grand Theft Auto. You should probably look into
1. Manhunt: which is from the creators of GTA, and by the way looks really really good. and
2. True Crime. Streets of LA which looks also really good and is similar to GTA

Zephonim
3rd Aug 2003, 11:00
Well my top ten are
Legacy of Kain Defiance x4
Resident Evil 4 x3
Res Outbreak x3
:D ;) :p

Evelin The Winged
3rd Aug 2003, 11:09
I...have a top five:
1. LoK-D
2. Fable
3. Whiplash
4. Backyard Wrestling
5. Black & White 2

Johnny_anoniem
3rd Aug 2003, 12:54
Am I the only one who's really angry @ PSM for rigging and placing LoK: D on a far worse place then it deserves :( :mad:?

InsaneScorpion331
3rd Aug 2003, 15:08
here goes my top ten.....
1) LOK Defiance
2) Sonic Heroes
3) MGS3: Snake Eater
4) Four Horsemen of The Apocalypse
5) Chaos Legion
6) Resident Evil Outbreak
7) Jak 2
8) Manhunt
9) Grand Theft Auto 4
10) Silent Hill 3

Kain's Ancient Blade
3rd Aug 2003, 15:37
Originally posted by Johnny_anoniem
Am I the only one who's really angry @ PSM for rigging and placing LoK: D on a far worse place then it deserves :( :mad:?

I'm pissed about it too. I say if by the next PSM mag it's not corrected that we kill them all.:D

Zephonim
3rd Aug 2003, 18:01
well i certainly aint gonna buy their stinkin mag (unless its got a playable demo of defiance which i doubt) cheep lying toads defiance was 3rd last i checked and nothing was near it and about 20,00 votes happened on 1 day yeah we believe yopu PSM:p :rolleyes:

Johnny_anoniem
4th Aug 2003, 11:26
Originally posted by Kain's Ancient Blade
I'm pissed about it too. I say if by the next PSM mag it's not corrected that we kill them all.:D

Yeah! Great idea! They made a deathwish through this action!! :D

Originally posted by Zephonim
well i certainly aint gonna buy their stinkin mag (unless its got a playable demo of defiance which i doubt) cheep lying toads defiance was 3rd last i checked and nothing was near it and about 20,00 votes happened on 1 day yeah we believe yopu PSM:p :rolleyes:
Join me and Kain's Ancient Blade... we're gonna kill them all for selling this kind of crap!! ;)

BTW I may not sound too serious at the moment but I seriously am very pissed about it! :mad:

Zephonim
4th Aug 2003, 22:47
yeah PSM you die and go to hell, you die and go to hell right now!!godamm it!

Apocrypha Roxy
5th Aug 2003, 00:31
-hands PSM pitchforks and marshmellows-

Have fun on the trip!

:D

The Omen
5th Aug 2003, 06:25
I used to have a subscription to PSM and from their top tens, those are the editiors top ten. That poll should be on a pie graph in the first few pages of the magazine if im right, but I could be wrong because I didn't resubscribe and they could have changed things around.

Johnny_anoniem
5th Aug 2003, 07:33
Originally posted by The Omen
I used to have a subscription to PSM and from their top tens, those are the editiors top ten. That poll should be on a pie graph in the first few pages of the magazine if im right, but I could be wrong because I didn't resubscribe and they could have changed things around.

Hmmm can anybody find out if The Omen is right? I really hope this is true... lol if so, we almost killed those PSM guys over nothing :rolleyes: :D. I can't check it out myself because I live in the Netherlands and it's about an English mag :)

Shadow Man
5th Aug 2003, 20:24
My top nine are, in no particular order,

LOK - Defiance
Thief 3
Imperium Galactica 3
Hitman 3
Timesplitters 3
Half-Life 2
Grand Theft Auto 4
Max Payne 2
Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines

I can't think of a tenth one, and this is pretty much my list for the next two years, unless they release a third Shadowman

Chubben
5th Aug 2003, 20:55
I just want LoK:Defaince
Want to buy it even ten times if I could have it right now.

;)

KainSyndrome101
5th Aug 2003, 22:30
I guess my top ten are (in order):

1. LoK: Defiance
2. Half-Life 2
3. Tekken 5 (they're working on it)
4. XGRA
5. Resident Evil 4
6. Onimusha 3
7. Silent Hill 3 (just came out today)
8. MGS: The Twin Snakes
9. MGS3: Snake Eater
10. Halo 2

However, if they announce a sequel to DMC2 (In my opinion,
DMC2 = :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: ) that's actually worthy of the original, it would definitely take 2nd place until Defiance came out.

Kain's Ancient Blade
5th Aug 2003, 23:18
Originally posted by Johnny_anoniem
Hmmm can anybody find out if The Omen is right? I really hope this is true... lol if so, we almost killed those PSM guys over nothing :rolleyes: :D. I can't check it out myself because I live in the Netherlands and it's about an English mag :)

Nope he's wrong. Its from a poll taken online. So its OK. We can kill them.

Zephonim
6th Aug 2003, 01:21
Originally posted by Kain's Ancient Blade
Nope he's wrong. Its from a poll taken online. So its OK. We can kill them. ahem

Charge!!!!!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad: (war face)

The Omen
6th Aug 2003, 04:59
ok , then they did change things around. Proceed with the riot :cool:.

Johnny_anoniem
6th Aug 2003, 11:03
Oke then! Let's kill them all!!! Let's have a PSM Purge (instead of a vampire Purge ;))!

InsaneScorpion331
6th Aug 2003, 17:40
actually, the poll appears in the mag as well, in thier monitor section i belive. remember, i do have a subscription so just ask me, i`ll tell. *i just wont scan things anymore, i`ve learned my lesson*:D

Kain's Ancient Blade
7th Aug 2003, 00:16
actually, the poll appears in the mag as well

Dude we know thats what I've been comparing. The online poll with the results in the Magazine. And PSM has apparently screwed over LOK Defiance. They die tonight.

Zephonim
7th Aug 2003, 02:53
lmao @ last post ,
an ode to psm
"Oh why ,oh why stupid psm?
did your own souls ,condemm
when you chose to cheat the poll
you've got to pay the death toll"
lots of love Zephy

Kain's Ancient Blade
7th Aug 2003, 15:57
Originally posted by Zephonim
lmao @ last post ,
an ode to psm
"Oh why ,oh why stupid psm?
did your own souls ,condemm
when you chose to cheat the poll
you've got to pay the death toll"
lots of love Zephy

That was touching, in a sick, dark sort of way.

I Love It.

Zephonim
7th Aug 2003, 18:15
well i could go on all night about the manipulated poll
they obviously didnt think of us as a whole
but those psm @rsenuts will sure as hell be taken back,
when the clock strikes midnight and we "ATTACK!! ATTACK!!!"

(and thats the last of my ryhmes ,well for now anyway)

Johnny_anoniem
8th Aug 2003, 08:32
LMAO, you guys are just TOO funny! One of the main reasons I visit this forum is next to the fact that I'm a real LoK fan the fact that you guys make the funniest posts I've ever seen :D... respect! ;)

Esoteric
8th Aug 2003, 12:25
LOL Zephonim! :p :D

Apocrypha Roxy
8th Aug 2003, 17:44
Zephonim, mastah rhymer, freestylin' up in the Eidos forums, with Big Kain and Raz-Diddy. :p

tomb_raiding
8th Aug 2003, 18:40
LOL Apocrypha Roxy :D

Zephonim
8th Aug 2003, 20:00
ooowwaaaah oooowwaaaah givv'us thee bass in me face ooowwaaaah oooowwaaaah!

Glad you like my posts just cant bear the thought of anyone disrespecting our fav legacy ,so just watch it any unbelievers or I may come ryhming at your door,baseball http://216.40.249.192/s/contrib/sarge/Bat_anim.gifand ahttp://burns.thefinaldimension.org/contrib/blackeye/AR15firing.gifgun ,gimme all the ryhmes i need to have fun.;)

tomb_raiding
8th Aug 2003, 21:34
BUHAHAHAAHAAHAAAHHAAAAHHAAA can't stop Laughing :D

Apocrypha Roxy
9th Aug 2003, 02:19
Ya'll crazy pigeons betta be scared as hell-
Pitchforks and suntan, ya'll betta bring as well-
PSM'll be wailin' for they mommies,
When Zephy & the boyz bring they friend
Tommy.

As in BOOM-BOOM-BOOM!

(Now lemme hear ya say way-oh!)
Way-Ooooh!

:p

I really have to stop listening to the radio, or else the above may occur again and again... :rolleyes:

Kain's Ancient Blade
26th Aug 2003, 01:36
In order to save their lives PSM has obviously done a recount and Defiance is no longer on the bottom of the list. In the new PSM magazine Defiance is now at # 3. So the pichtforks have to be put down for now, but make no mistake about it I had every intention on killing them. But because they screwed with Defiance, they may not know it, but they're still living on borrowed time. One slip up from them, and I kill them.

Apocrypha Roxy
26th Aug 2003, 03:31
Good...

Matt from Spam Buddies
26th Aug 2003, 09:49
That's good to hear, thanks for sharing.

- Matthew

OugaBooga
27th Aug 2003, 18:09
My top ten list is in no perticular order :
1- KingField 5 [PS2]
2- LoK.D [Xbox]
3- Half.Life2 [PC]
4- Doom3 [PC]
5- Halo [PC]
6- PainKiller [PC_Just awesome]
7- Chaos Legion [PS2]
8- Soul Caliber 2 [Xbox]
9- Thief 3
10- Gran Turismo 4

& these after the top 10 >> Otogi,Castlevania,Halo 2,Driver 3,Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines ,Tekken 5,Quake 4,UT2k4 [finally vehicles:)]

Johnny_anoniem
30th Aug 2003, 02:02
Nice to see that they seem to fear us :D, but oke.. I'll forgive them for now :)