PDA

View Full Version : Thief 2 Demo Problem... Different

Sargon57
30th Jul 2003, 20:45
I downloaded the demo a few days ago and cannot get it to work properly. If I turn the hardware On, I get a black screen when the level is supposed to show. And I have messed with the fogging on and off as well as the buffer on and off. If I turn the hardware off, the level is very pixelated and the colors are way off; it just looks strange. I have DirectX 8; I am running a 1GHz windows ME computer with intel 810E. I have updated my graphics card. In the support website for eidos they say to download and older version of the graphics card, but the version they tell me to download is not available for Windows ME. What can I do?

Thanks!
Sargon57

Vanguard
31st Jul 2003, 02:59
The Intel 810 video is an onboard video controller (i.e., you do NOT have a video card and instead have the lesser capabilities of an onboard video controller-only which has to steal its memory from the much slower system RAM). I thought this forum or the one at TTLG had help regarding trying to use an Intel 810 video chipset with Thief but I couldn't find it on a quick search.

Stile451
31st Jul 2003, 21:37
In one of the config files(.cfg) there is a line

;safe_texture_manager

Change it to

safe_texture_manager

and save the file.

If that line is not present then you'll need to add it to the user.cfg file(it's a plain text file. Also, you may need to create it).