PDA

View Full Version : turel

tedsouf
30th Jul 2003, 01:38
any body knows anything about turel in defiance?

Umah Bloodomen
30th Jul 2003, 03:20
Pivotal aspects of the storyline have not been released and won't be released for some time (if at all). You're just going to have to wait around like the rest of us, for this information to be revealed (most likely upon the game's release).

Zephonim
30th Jul 2003, 03:24
Yep what Umah said ,,,,
but im sure i read somewhere(from a member of cd in these forms) that Turel is a part of the picture but im just not sure if he's gonna be in defiance tho and they are changing time so he may be mentioned but never seen.
Hey thats my opinion anyway!

Umah Bloodomen
30th Jul 2003, 03:35
Originally asked to Amy Hennig
Q: People want Turel, they think becasue SR2 says "eluded" or escaped my vengeance, i forget, that Raz actually met him. I was like no, he wasnt there. But alot of people want a Vampire Turel and more Malek.

Originally responded by Amy Hennig
A: No, Raziel never met Turel -- he means that Turel eluded him by his absence. I know people are anxious to (finally) meet Turel, and hope he's in SR3. Let's put it this way... we absolutely have not forgotten about Turel; he's a critical piece of the puzzle.

This was left vague by Amy Hennig.

xarax
31st Jul 2003, 22:15
An interesting plot element would be something like Raz couldn't find Turel in SR1, because Turel already used the time streaming device to travel back in time to ellude Raz. Turel probably made a deal with Moebius in exchange for passage.

who knows....?

Matt from Spam Buddies
31st Jul 2003, 22:30
Maybe Raziel didn't meet Turel in LOK-SR, because he disposed of him in an earlier era... ?

Or... Ah, I'll shut up now.

- Matthew

warpsavant
1st Aug 2003, 00:10
http://pub6.ezboard.com/fnosgothfrm13.showMessage?topicID=124.topic

Heres a link to a pic that might be Turel.

Matt
1st Aug 2003, 04:21
There seems to be a big debate on just who that beast is (not THAT beast :p). The theories being thrown around are that it could be Turel, it could be one of his offspring that has evolved higher than the rest, or it could be another form of Janos Audron in his devolved state.

Here's my thoughts:

Turel - most probable, however, I think that during his evolution, Turel become more dignified, retaining most of his human form (as seen with Dumah, who is "weaker" than Turel). On the other hand, he does resemble the Turelim vampires...

Evolved Turelim Vampire - a possibility, but unlikely. There has been no proof that the offspring of Kain's lieutenants evolved at different speeds, so a highly evolved Turelim vampire is highly unlikely.

Janos Audron - Those of you who've played Blood Omen 2 may compare the Beast from that game with the picture of this new monster and assume its the same creature. This is the most unlikely, simply because after the events of BO2, which is when Defiance takes place, Janos reverted back to his winged, vampiric form. I wont rule this out simply because there are no definite facts at this time, as there arent any hints as to what will become of Janos (the "Janos must stay dead!" line at the end of SR2 leaves a lot of possibilites).

Here's my final theory:

This picture was either leaked intentionally or generated by CD to stir up ideas. Konami is famous for this when it comes to the Metal Gear Solid games; throwing bones out to fool the casual gamer while keeping the real deal under wraps.

Whatever/whoever it is, I'm really anxious about Defiance. I may even get an Xbox just for it (since my PS2 has died for the 3rd time in a row -_-)

Matt

PeopleAreFood
12th Aug 2003, 14:12
I have looked at the picture of what many people believe to be
Turel and i would have to say that it is not turel or one of his offspring. I think it is just some beast that you run into.

We have an idea of what Turel looks like we see him at the end of SR1. if that is Turel than i am very disappointed.

~yours in blood~

Valaquen_
23rd Aug 2003, 18:06
That pic could be of Kain in bat form.
The guy's clearly a vampire (look at the claws on his feet and hands.)
Afterall, I'd rather see Kain turn into a giant bat vampire thingy than a wimpy little bat when he transforms.

PeopleAreFood
24th Aug 2003, 13:28
leazy you have a very good point i did not think of that.
i agree with you if thats Kain bat form than it is way cooler than a little bat. i have to wonder if that is Kains bat form then why would the sides of his jaw open up on the sides? if you look at the pic, the mouth opens in the normal fashion except the sides of the jaw open up as well. kind of like tha Vamps from Blade 2.
kinda weird

~yours in blood~

Valaquen_
25th Aug 2003, 17:22
Those could be the spikes on his head, simply moved around to the side of his face, or maybe they're just an added detail to make him look cooler.:confused:

PeopleAreFood
26th Aug 2003, 17:11
Does anyone wonder what part does Turel play in all this?
we know he is a big piece to the puzzle, but how?
i can't think of how there going to make him such a important figure.

thoughts please

~yours in blood~

warpsavant
26th Aug 2003, 17:40
I think Turel is back in the future, helping assist Kain move through time. I'm not exactly sure how the chronoplast or any of Moe's time streaming devices work, but as Raziel moves from time to time in SR2, Kain was able to follow him. It was Moe who made it possible for Raziel to time travel, but how Kain does it is unknown.

Another thing could be that Turel is some type of traitor to his race, and working with the Hylden to help them thwart Kains plans. I find this hard to buy though because the only thing we really know about Turel when he was a vampire is that he was very obedient and loyal. Its hard for me to think he is working against Kain.

Raziel689
27th Aug 2003, 04:07
I am not sure that Turel even could do so. Isn't he still loyal to Kain? I mean beyond loyalty? Raziel escapes his... (again for lack of a better word,) loyalty when he dies in the Abyss, but Turel has yet to have that happenh to him.

Zephonim
27th Aug 2003, 13:48
well in sr1 Dumah says"The centuries in limbo have honned my strength not even Kain is my equal"sounds a bit defiant to me and Turel (even though i dont know what he eveolved into ) would probably have the same idea as he took Raziels place as Kains first hand man but i'll bet he is jealous at least ,of all the "time" Kain still spends on chasing Raz

PeopleAreFood
27th Aug 2003, 14:21
Well whatever role Turel plays in the game it won't matter after i take his soul and make it mine! hahahaha......

~yours in blood~

Lucent
27th Aug 2003, 16:46
Here's my 2 cents on Turel~

1: The Pillar of Balance must be restored. Kain must die, so his soul can return to the pillar.

2: Each of Kain's lieutenants have a portion of his soul (stated in SR1) because of the way they were raised.

Add 1 + 2 and you get: All of kain's lieutenants and kain must be slain (and now raziel too, since all those soul bits are inside of him) to resotore the balance pillar.

Now of course, we don't know if restoring the balance pillar is a good idea.

But that's my thought on the info I have.

Valaquen_
27th Aug 2003, 18:53
I'm pretty convinced that that pic is of Kain in batform, though I haven't seen him in that form yet.
Can some one who has played the german Defiance demo tell us if thats him?

Lucent
27th Aug 2003, 19:45
Leazy-

Kain does not have a "bat form" he can transform himself into normal sized bats to travel to a different location. He does that at the end of the Saraphan bridge level in the LOK : D Demo I played at E3.

Valaquen_
28th Aug 2003, 16:16
Oh...:(
Thanx for that Lucent:)
Oh well, The mystery remains, who is that guy?:confused:

Lucent
28th Aug 2003, 17:34
Chances are its a Turelim vampire.

Higher chances are that it is Turel, and he has simply evolved to a state far beyod normal vampirism much like his brethren. Why should Turel be any exception from the monstrosities that befell Dumah, Rahab, Melchiah and the others. They were huge disgusting beasts, and he most likely will be as well.

I wish he wasn't so, but unless we Timestream to a period before he became the lumbering hulk that we see there, I doubt it.

warpsavant
28th Aug 2003, 20:06
Originally posted by Lucent
Here's my 2 cents on Turel~

1: The Pillar of Balance must be restored. Kain must die, so his soul can return to the pillar.

2: Each of Kain's lieutenants have a portion of his soul (stated in SR1) because of the way they were raised.

Add 1 + 2 and you get: All of kain's lieutenants and kain must be slain (and now raziel too, since all those soul bits are inside of him) to resotore the balance pillar.

Now of course, we don't know if restoring the balance pillar is a good idea.

But that's my thought on the info I have.

It could also simply be too late, like Vorador says and Raziel mentions later on with Ariel. Collecting all the soul bits is logical, but, why would they do that in the past? This has been discussed before, and I think this would be something that they would have to do in the SR1 era. What effect does Raziel collecting all the bits have on the balance pillar in the past when there is a Kain in the past connected to the Pillar? (depending on the time frame, you go back far enough Kain doesnt even matter, the Pillar is connected to someone else.)