PDA

View Full Version : Templars?

cball05
30th Jul 2003, 00:50
I heard that the Templars are going to be one of the "sides" in DX2 - how is that possible, considering MJ12 killed them all in DX1?

Trollslayer
30th Jul 2003, 09:20
They did? Funny that. I remember Nicolette DuClaire surviving, and there were the occasional underground members that weren't killed.

Random
30th Jul 2003, 09:49
MJ12 occupied an old Templar cathedral, but I think that was as far as it went. If I remember right, that cathedral was a bit of a tourist attraction and wasn't even used by the Templars themselves. Why there were still crates of gold in there, though, I'm not sure.

I'll be interested in seeing what the Templars are doing in DX2. I don't know what it is about them, but everyone seems to find them fascinating. ;)

Le`Sauveur`De`Ces`Dames
30th Jul 2003, 11:12
It wouldn't be the first time the Templars are said to be extinct, and finally come back (in movies/games/books, at least)

cball05
3rd Aug 2003, 22:42
Originally posted by Trollslayer
They did? Funny that. I remember Nicolette DuClaire surviving, and there were the occasional underground members that weren't killed.

I guess I'm confused here - I though they with Silhouette! Or the Illuminati? Or both? Now they're Templars? (holds head as brain explodes)

Anyway, I got that comment from Everett...

Thanks to Cerpin Taxt
The system I need you to access is inside a cathedral that belonged to the Knights Templar until MJ12 slaughtered the Knights for their gold reserves.

Thanks to Cerpin Taxt
While closed to the public, it still remains a comforting presence at the heart of the arrondissement.

Here's something interesting...

Thanks to Cerpin Taxt
The Templar Knights had once been subject to no king or law; but in the end, they were swallowed by history.

Many have debated whether the rather ignominious dissolution of the order was entirely accidental, while some have even gone so far as to suggest that it was part of a larger plan on the Templar’s part. Such a massive, powerful organization – the argument goes – could not have been brought so low, so easily. Obscure speculation concerning a mysterious hay wain that departed their commanderie in Paris has led certain researchers to believe that they may have been protecting the secret of the Holy Grail, or the secret of transmutation, but still others contend that the Templar Knights merely went underground and founded the powerful, secretive banking societies of Switzerland….

TheMage
4th Aug 2003, 04:10
The datacube containing Manderley's password says something about how he helped to take out the Templars (can't remember the whole message), hence his password knight_killer, but I doubt UNATCO and Majestic 12 could possibly have killed all of them. I'm a bit hazy about the connection between the Templars and the Illuminati, though. Perhaps there's something in the continuity bible about it...

Trollslayer
4th Aug 2003, 07:39
Sorry for the mixup, i (obviously) confused Sillouette with the Templars, my bad :o

cball05
4th Aug 2003, 18:55
Ah hah! I have found the answer, thanks to our favorite DX1 script-

Thanks to Cerpin Taxt

From the Public Message Bulletin Boards

Know Your Enemy – Templars
There is some debate as to whether the Templars should be considered a “terrorist” organization because they do not employ the typical tools of terrorism. But make no mistake, the Templars are just as dangerous as any other group that might make use guns and bombs to intimidate the free citizens of a country – only the Templars wield blackmail and extortion as their weapons. Supposedly the direct descendent of a so-called “secret society” with its roots in the medieval Crusades, the present-day Templars are mainly concerned with increasing their own bank accounts in elaborately illegal financial manipulations that have left entire markets collapsed in their wake.
The Templars are currently classified as inactive after being successfully dimished by a combined UNATCO/Interpol raid on their Paris headquarters in 2051; however, several key Templar figures are still at large and may attempt to reform the organization under a new designation.