PDA

View Full Version : New Tomb Raider: COL figures are out!

billvolc
29th Jul 2003, 12:58
I just found the new Tomb Raider: Cradle of Life action figures by Sota Toys at Media Play, Suncoast and Sam Goody for $10.99 each. I picked up 2 sets:D
The 12 figure case assortment breaks down as this...

6x wetsuit Lara
4x regular Lara
2x Shadow Guardian

A word of warning on the articulation points......
The upper section on her arms that pivot (turn) can break off very easily! On my tiger jacket Lara figure, her right arm would pivot with no problems. Her left arm was stuck because of dried paint in the joint. After some forceful turing I managed to turn it, but then......POP! Her arm broke in half. I opened my second jacket figure and this time her left arm turned easily, but for some odd reason the arm broke in two after turing it part way around:mad:
Now I have to buy a 3rd jacket figure! UGH!

The moral is, if an articulation joint doesn't turn, then don't mess with it.

"Lara Croft collects artifacts.......Well, I collect artifacts of her!"

-Billvolc, The Tomb Raider Collector

TombRaiderChik
29th Jul 2003, 15:05
YES!! once i get my paycheck im going to have to take a trip to KB Toy Stores or Toys r Us :D :D thanks for that info, cuz i found the other action figures, rather ugly...

billvolc
29th Jul 2003, 18:05
Originally posted by TombRaiderChik
YES!! once i get my paycheck im going to have to take a trip to KB Toy Stores or Toys r Us :D :D thanks for that info, cuz i found the other action figures, rather ugly...

TombRaiderChik,
I wouldn't bother checking TRU or KB Toys for the new figs. These are considered specialty figures that would most likely be sold in media shops.......Media Play, Suncoast, etc. Plus they will be a few dollars cheaper. If toy stores DO get them in, it won't be for a few more weeks. Regular toy stores can be very slow on getting any new toys/figures in stock.

"Lara Croft collects artifacts.......Well, I collect artifacts of her!"

-Billvolc, The Tomb Raider Collector

billvolc
29th Jul 2003, 18:22
Just an update on the articulation problem I discovered with the turning point between the shoulder and elbow on the upper left arm of the tiger jacket figure.....

I just picked up a third figure to replace the two that broke before. I noticed that the left arm was still stuck in place because of over paint. The right arm turns fine on all 3 figures, but the left is always stuck. If you try applying any pressure it will cause the arm to snap in half just like my other two. The turing points on both arms of the Lara wetsuit fig and the extra pair of bare skin arms all turn with out problems at that joint.

On the upper legs/thighs behind the holster garters there are the same turing joints as the arms. I noticed that a few of these joints are stuck in place too, while others turn with ease.

I just left all the stuck joints alone and will have to leave them frozen in there permanent positions. So much for super posability:(

"Lara Croft collects artifacts......Well, I collect artifacts of her!"

- Billvolc, The Tomb Raider Collector

Blind Intentions
1st Aug 2003, 07:17
I think I may have a solution for the articulation problem. My friend and I used to make our own action figures by taking apart our old ones and making a new body and then repainting it. What I have found to work is to put the figure in really hot water to soften the plastic a little, and then to move the joints gently. This in no shape or form ruins the paint either. Just be careful not to melt AJ ;)

CatSuit&Ponytail
1st Aug 2003, 11:10
Just be careful not to melt AJ

Always good advice.

I want two of each, too! :D

Omega_Weapon
1st Aug 2003, 13:42
I would like to see one made like the Japanese 12" Cy Girl figures.

euphoric
2nd Aug 2003, 23:46
is there a website where I can buy these?:confused:

Lil Lara
3rd Aug 2003, 02:04
I looked in a few stores today but with no luck. :(

yeah.. is there a site or something?

raiderofdarkness
3rd Aug 2003, 03:17
Yeah, they're for sale at Entertainment Earth. I have direct links to the products up at my site here: http://www.ultimatelara.com/id54.htm I think those are the ones you guys are referring to ... Hope that helps.. :)