PDA

View Full Version : HDTV / Progressive Scan?

Ken Cow!
28th Jul 2003, 13:30
Will the Xbox version of Defiance have support for High Definition TV and/or progressive scan?

I don't think this question has been asked or answered yet. Hey, at least I'm not asking if it will come out on PC or what the song in the E3 trailer is...

KainSyndrome101
28th Jul 2003, 20:02
I've been thinking the same thing. I was gonna get an HDTV just for this game.

Ken Cow!
29th Jul 2003, 20:03
I suppose Live downloadable content and bumpmapping are out of the question too. Ah, well a guy can dream :D

Jurjen
30th Jul 2003, 08:22
I can confirm that Defiance on XBox will most likely support progressive scan, as will it support PAL 60. Other HDTV modes are currently undecided.

Ken Cow!
31st Jul 2003, 21:02
It has just come to my attention that a good 95% of Xbox games support 480p, regardless of whether it's mentioned on the case. Here's hoping Defiance isn't part of the 5% here :)

The Amazing Rando
1st Aug 2003, 00:24
Jurjen has already confirmed that it will. IF you take a close look at his profile, his homepage is listed as nixxes, which is the company that does the proting of the games. I'm willing to take his word for this one. ;)

Ken Cow!
1st Aug 2003, 16:20
Well maybe it will go as far as 720p or even 1080i? I'm sure there's plenty of muscle left in the Xbox hardware after porting a PS2 game.

How bout 16:9?

Umah Bloodomen
1st Aug 2003, 19:29
Originally posted by The Amazing Rando
Jurjen has already confirmed that it will. IF you take a close look at his profile, his homepage is listed as nixxes, which is the company that does the proting of the games. I'm willing to take his word for this one. ;)

That's because Jurjen is the man. :D

I feel a shrine coming on... :p

fneh
10th Aug 2003, 20:46
goddamn xbox fanboys......grrr.........

Why can't you accept that both versions will be the same? Are you that insecure about your 'little' console having an inferior games library compared to the PS2 that you have to play the "well the Xbox version has slightly better graphics!" card?

Dear.....what is the world coming to..........?:rolleyes:

The Amazing Rando
10th Aug 2003, 21:07
dude, fneh, chill. There is no problem with wondering about this feature in the game. No point turning it into a console war. If the console supports a feature, like progressive scan, it is fine asking if that feature will be utilized,as it not always is.(tho in this case it is most of the time)

There are a number of games I wished used the custom soundtrack feature. Alas, tis not to be.

blincoln
10th Aug 2003, 21:43
I'm really glad to know it will support progressive scan. We're all going to be using TVs with it eventually, so it helps ensure that Defiance will look even better in the future.

Ken Cow!
11th Aug 2003, 05:14
For the record, progressive scan is much, much more than "slightly" better.

jsnmcdrmd
11th Aug 2003, 06:37
Originally posted by Ken Cow!
Will the Xbox version of Defiance have support for High Definition TV and/or progressive scan?

I'm a bit of a lacky, what in the world is prograssive scanning? And why are people so hung up on the XBox as apposed to the PS2?
Most people that I know at CDIS (the Center for Digital Imaging and Sound) swear by it and I can't figure it out . :confused:

Cheers,
Jsn.

blincoln
11th Aug 2003, 07:26
http://reviews.cnet.com/4520-6449_7-5020359-1.html?legacy=cnet&more

Lady_D
11th Aug 2003, 13:19
I'm happy just having a big screen tv to play it on :D , that is, if I can keep from going crazy waiting for it- LOL