PDA

View Full Version : Nothing about LOK, just feel happy with the peaceful enviroment in this forum

Valzara
28th Jul 2003, 02:57
As the title, I found that it's some 'disaster' in other forum, they even post some extreme racist issues and insulting message. I'm so glad that it never happen to this forum and let me enjoy the communication with other peoples on the net.:)
Thanks to those who contribute in remainning the nice and peaceful communication enviroment here.:)

Don't believe? Look .:(

Umah Bloodomen
28th Jul 2003, 03:01
Everyone has their moments, although I have never encountered anything that extreme here.

A lot of the hostility and elitist behavior has been curbed since Chris put a major emphasis on the rules of the forum, and I can honestly admit to having a lot more fun here within the last month, than I have in the four or so months before it.

Valzara
28th Jul 2003, 03:07
I just wonder about the forum moderator there, who suppose to control the spam message in the forum. And the forum even have it's own rule.

Umah Bloodomen
28th Jul 2003, 03:17
The moderators should be keeping tabs on their members just as they do here. I do not frequent that forum so I can not say whether they do or don't.

I glanced through the forum just briefly and was not able to come up with any set form of rules and regulations as these forums have. It could be that I did not look back far enough to find them or they do not exist.

Jedilvr
28th Jul 2003, 03:30
I'm not a member of very many forums so I've gotten used to how it is here at Eidos, so now that I've read though the thread you linked I'm more appreciative of how nice the people here really are. Even when we disagree on things I've never seen it get THAT bad. Thanks for the insight.

On a side note Valzara: My biology class will be visiting your country next month to see primates firsthand. Any place you would like to recommend I visit while I'm there?

Valzara
28th Jul 2003, 05:24
I had PM you.:)

Matt from Spam Buddies
28th Jul 2003, 08:18
Ah... that forum...

As I used to be a C&C fan, too (before EA violated it), I visited those boards very often.
Needless to say, the "fun" didn't last for too long...

Everybody were having "Post Parties" where they congratulated themselves for reaching 3000 posts and thus becoming "Veterans".

The boards were overflooded with countless spam, rude people, racists and little 12-year old kids who made threads about going to the Middle-East and... I don't want to go on...

When I look at the link that Valzara posted, I release a big yawn, because it's a stereotypical thread, I spotted too many times back then when I was still into C&C.

I think the "new" C&C community and Generals is a menace!
The game and the forums are making the fans so violent. Attacking Canada and killing Arabs with bare hands, then drinking their blood (this was the comment made by the 12-year olds) and boasting over which country's army is the strongest...

A guy called Delphi is supposed to take care of the forums, Valzara, but when I was around there, he only removed the threads that were aimed against himself... Wow... How noble, a?

It's like those kids know no bounds...

Okay, gah, rant over. I don't want to touch those boards with a sixty foot pole no more.

- Matthew

Omega
28th Jul 2003, 18:09
Just read that forum... bejeebus!

What is the America Vs Canada?

Not meaning to turn this into a flame war by anymeans... I've never got the whole Anti-Canada thing some Americans do...

warpsavant
29th Jul 2003, 00:25
That goes both ways Omega. I'd say its just a bunch of mindless idiots, very small percentage of the population. But they can be real loud sometimes!

gleow
29th Jul 2003, 04:34
What a shock, makes me sit up and remind myself not to take things for granted. It's shameful that such people like that still exist in this world. I'm reminded of some of the threads in the NR forums too; have to say well done and a big 'Thank you' to Chris for doing the job that's he's done as a mod here.

Matt from Spam Buddies
29th Jul 2003, 08:02
It's shameful that such people like that still exist in this world.

Unfortunately 12 year-old little kids, who think war and killing are the coolest things in the world, do exist... on those forums...

- Matthew

DarkWraith
29th Jul 2003, 09:41
Hahaha my god people that stupid do actually exist. I thought they were just a myth!

Darcketh
29th Jul 2003, 10:21
It strongly appears that more stupid the people are, the more louder they are.

I have a lot of things to say about selfish and single-minded people but I don't want to write it here. Instead, I'll let you guys to wait for my web pages to get ready. Then you can read my opinions/columns about the politics, world situation and all the other stuff which I feel worth of talking.

gleow
29th Jul 2003, 14:20
Heehee, if you were being sarcastic DW and Matt, it's not that I thought ppl like those didn't exist; it's that I think it's more of a shame to the whole human race that they do. Racism touches a nerve with me, due to some very, very unpleasant past personal experiences.

It strongly appears that more stupid the people are, the more louder they are.

Amen to that. Meanwhile, I look forward to your site Darcketh ;)