PDA

View Full Version : is there a mouse view for AoD?

Sabor
27th Jul 2003, 22:48
key controls are clumsy. is there a mouse view where i can use my mouse to look up or down and around?
i dont see any straffing key controls, is that also missing?

this is my first try at any tomb raider game. i never knew the control keys were sooo limited. this is aggrivating!

CyCro
1st Aug 2003, 15:21
Originally posted by Sabor
key controls are clumsy. is there a mouse view where i can use my mouse to look up or down and around?
i dont see any straffing key controls, is that also missing?

this is my first try at any tomb raider game. i never knew the control keys were sooo limited. this is aggrivating!

You can't use the mouse to look up and down, and the keys you're talking about are not available as well.

This is the first game with such control problems, btw. :(

Sabor
1st Aug 2003, 16:42
i hope you and everyone else who doesnt like this setup is going to CORE and asking for a MOUSE VIEW patch. if they never come out with a MOUSE VIEW patch, ill never look at another CORE game again.
to think, i gave them the benefit of the doubt and paid $50 for this game.

CyCro
2nd Aug 2003, 15:46
Well, since Core's not going to make Tomb Raider anymore, I doubt that any patches will be released...

MariosAlice
2nd Aug 2003, 16:13
Originally posted by CyCro
Well, since Core's not going to make Tomb Raider anymore, I doubt that any patches will be released...

How do you know that?
BTW I think a controls patch for mouse view and straffe is a must.

tomb_raiding
2nd Aug 2003, 18:19
Well CORE ain't making the Next Game :)

FIX
2nd Aug 2003, 21:38
He Guys

I found the answer to youre problem.........

There is a way to look around in the game,
accept the name of the configuratie for it is wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go to the mouse or keyboard menu and set the
'SPRINT' convig. to the button u want to fiew around with.....

Works for me ;-)

PS. please let me know if it works for u to...k..

cya, FIX.........

FIX
2nd Aug 2003, 21:41
And did u know that with the walk key prest in, u can straff moving
youre mouse left or right........

have fun........

MariosAlice
3rd Aug 2003, 05:19
Originally posted by FIX
He Guys

I found the answer to youre problem.........

There is a way to look around in the game,
accept the name of the configuratie for it is wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go to the mouse or keyboard menu and set the
'SPRINT' convig. to the button u want to fiew around with.....

Works for me ;-)

PS. please let me know if it works for u to...k..

cya, FIX.........

The default key for 'SPRINT' is INS(0). While you press it you can look around but you cannot move. This is different from "mouse view" where you don't have to press any key to look around. You move your mouse and your Character can see at any direction while moving. Wolfenstein, Mafia, Medal of honor, Indiana Jones and the Emperors Tomb and so many other games work this way. You may also use left and right buttons for straff instead of turn (with mouse view you may choose to go where you look).
Though you cannot do it in TR AOD where there is no straff left and straff right option. In my case I can straff by pressing LEFT SHIFT+ LEFT or RIGHT and I turn with RIGHT SHIFT. This (no assignment option for straff) is unacceptable. What if I choose to assign ROLL to the left shift button? Straff gets itself assigned where?

Sabor
3rd Aug 2003, 18:34
it worked for me but im not satisfied. the controls are still awkward. its very simple: straff right key, straff left key and mouse view. turning with the mouse is also very uncomfortable. i am so angry. i paid $50 for this $hitty *** game. CORE you guys will never see any more of my $$.

CyCro
3rd Aug 2003, 23:03
Well, as I said, the next TR will be made not by Core but by Crystal Dynamics who make Soul Reaver. It has a real mouse view and stuff and I hope the guys at Crystal will make everything possible to provide us with convenient and flexible controls for the next game.