PDA

View Full Version : DX Moment

SoloX2
27th Jul 2003, 22:47
One of the best moments for me in Deus Ex is when you go meet Magie Chow i get the Sword and go running to were i was talking with her get pistol shot at the window breaking it and land on the balcony of Jock's apartment. All the while people are shooting behind me. I hope in IW there is something like this.

Zombi Z
21st Aug 2003, 01:03
You know I can't actually get to Magie Chow? My first encounter with her is in the [Lab-something, the name of the company slips my mind] taking to Bob Page. One time, through a bug or somesuch, I was able to have a full conversation with her through the glass. The second time however, I was unable to engage her in any meaningful way and later had to kill her at the bottom of the Virus replicators.

How exactly do you get to Magie Chow?

Random
21st Aug 2003, 05:24
There's a apartment building halfway along Tonnochi Road. Take the penthouse elevator up to her apartment. The guy at the reception desk out front tells you how.

agent008
21st Aug 2003, 13:44
yup what he said is how you see her. the thing on the game i never notice before is the same place but there was a room across her place.

i still dont know where that hidden room is in the u.n. or what ever building the one in liberty island in the computer geek office.

can you tell me other hidden places or eater eggs in the game?

Bio Denton
21st Aug 2003, 14:47
|_ __*___*__|______|
^
|
Entrance

* = trapdoors in Alex Jacobson's computer room in UNATCO H.Q.

P.S. Damn code tag isn't working correctly. Anyway, you get the idea.. go into the computer room and turn right.

I tried a couple things to make this look more as intended with no luck. :( Catman

Machinax
22nd Aug 2003, 04:44
My DX moment was when the AIs merged to form Helios. Also when JC talks to Helios for the first time in the Area 51 Integration Chamber. That conversation is amazing.

chaos_Kn
22nd Aug 2003, 15:34
My moment was when you've just saved Paul’s ass from the agents, you get to battery park and take on Herman and his goons, and would have won if it were not for Herman’s indestructibility.

AlteredGlyph
22nd Aug 2003, 20:33
My DX moment was when i went crowbar crazy on liberty island and slaughtered everybody... Or maybe when I snuck past all the guards in Maggie chows place to get the sword.

DarkForge
23rd Aug 2003, 09:42
Originally posted by chaos_Kn
My moment was when you've just saved Paul’s ass from the agents, you get to battery park and take on Herman and his goons, and would have won if it were not for Herman’s indestructibility.

Tell me about it! In addition, there were also invisible walls placed where the barriers were, so you couldn't jump over them. I was thinking "swizz".

Just for the hell of it, I once switched on God Mode just to see if his invincibility would eventually disappear.

That was a loooooong night...

vick1000
23rd Aug 2003, 15:27
Use the air shafts to come out in the shack,scramble grenade the
big Bot,laugh,laugh,and laugh some more.Then,go back through
the air shafts to the station,and draw Gunther inside,while
escaping back out through the shafts.Then,use strength mod
to move big crates to the left of the station,and run around the
rest of the map for absolutly no reason,no reward,no NPCs
nothing.Oh well,still is cool that it can be done.So many great
climaxes in DX,I guess the shodown with Simons would be tops
in my book,a real suprise the first time around.

D_Vader128
23rd Aug 2003, 16:34
I love the sniper level on top of the building in Manhattan. Just when you think you've finished them all of you spot another off in the distance. Then you've got the big ED209-types taking pot-shots from the street. It makes me want to load it up and play it all again.:)

Bio Denton
24th Aug 2003, 15:01
Originally posted by DarkForge
Tell me about it! In addition, there were also invisible walls placed where the barriers were, so you couldn't jump over them. I was thinking "swizz".

Just for the hell of it, I once switched on God Mode just to see if his invincibility would eventually disappear.

That was a loooooong night...

Actually, if you have the Muscle Aug, there are a few barrels you can lift to get out of the blockade and run around Battery Park.

Gruf
31st Aug 2003, 00:38
Originally posted by vick1000
.So many great
climaxes in DX,I guess the shodown with Simons would be tops
in my book,a real suprise the first time around.

assault shotty, sabot ammo.
bang
bang
bang
oh, he's got a plasma rifle...
bang
oh, stealth aug....
bang
dead walton simons with me taking one or no shots from him

same thing for anna navarre on the 747, although I took a bit more damage from her....

best DX moments, walking out of the MJ12 facility into UNATCO
the shock of horror from alex when you kill the NSF boss in liberty island
releasing the greasels in versalife
and others I xcan't think of for now...

Machinax
5th Sep 2003, 15:09
Actually, another moment was when the MiBs came to arrest JC and Paul in New York.

"Agent JC Denton. Please put down your weapons and step out into the hallway."

Gorgeous stuff.

Dargish
6th Sep 2003, 00:49
My favourite moments that i can remember (Most of the game i cant remember due to trance state of playing around 5am at night) are

1: the first time i went into the UNATCO offices on Liberty Island. I spent over an hour just wandering looking everywhere and talking to anyone willing to talk.

2: the first chance i had to use the sonar aug at the Nuke Silo. I went up to the small building out back beside the nuke. I saw the three guys inside so opened the door threw a LAM in then closed the door and watched them all die with the sonar.

3: The 'Ambush' in the same map where two commandos and two MIBs were waiting for me at the end of a long tunnel. I stayed back and sniped the first MIB that blew up and killed one of the commandos. The other MIB and commando came running at me so i sniped them both. No damage to myself. So much for the ambush :D

4: Finding out i could just snipe commandos in the head. No more fear :P

5: Killing Anne Navarra... God I hated her.

6: Freaking out the woman in the ladies room near the start of the game.

7: Getting creamed by Simons the first time i came across him then killing him using two swipes of the sword the next time... too easy.

8: Going around the UNATCO base in hells kitchen before sending the message and stunning everyone there. Just walked out of the place without a scratch after i completed the objectives.

9: The missions after the Paris Catacombs... cue 7 hours of constant playing from around 11pm to 6am until i reached Page's bunker.

10: All those times i thought... well i've just saved it, all im gonna do is run up a bit and see whats next then go to bed. Then ending up falling asleep at the computer several hours later. :D

Huntress
6th Sep 2003, 02:50
10: All those times i thought... well i've just saved it, all im gonna do is run up a bit and see whats next then go to bed. Then ending up falling asleep at the computer several hours later. End Quote! LMAO at that one...as I'm sure we can all relate to that!!!! :D

Geez trying to summerize great moments in DX is like trying to isolate all the great music/movies/books etc that you've ever come across into just a few best! LOL There were many great moments/events that occured throughout that kept you going and going just like the Bunny...to see what was next!

But that time meeting Simmon's in that cave was one of the scarriest for sure! Coming out of that door and there he was and then trying to get away without dying to find a hiding place. (Even later trying to use switch for rails, didn't hardly faze him..but did give me an extra moment to start running away to hide). I finally got into that tunnel through the back and saw him near the lamp post but he had turned on his invis and fortunately for me I had installed the Vision Aug so I could still see him. However, about the only weapon I thought I had that could do him, were my LAMs..ha ha ha! I kept throwing and throwing and finally after about 5 or so he went up in a puff of smoke! Ha ha ha! But even then I wasn't sure he was gone! Then another time after I found out about setting up some gas granades before going down...I had setup a way of getting down under that digger or whatever when I came out...then using my rifle, when he was near, shot him in the head and he was startled and said "How did you?????and died. Laugh, laugh! But then I wasn't sure he was dead cause he didn't disappear like the first time. So I cautiously approached his body and shot some Tranks into him to make sure he was dead...funny funny... I was really spooked!

As far as some of my most fun times...was at Vanguard but also Brooklyn Navy Yard and the objectives that had to be done with great Sniping ops but also high on the list was the "Rescue" and finding the climbing ability on the back hill for more Sniping (both dogs and enemies)...many more and many more sleepless nights cause the darn thing was so intriging and a wonderful new way to play a game! Of course there were similarities to Thief..but so different as well that both games were wonderful to experience.

I'm no gameboy fan...but a Grandmother that just loves to play and take the challenge :D Ta and Good Hunting!

goody
5th Oct 2003, 12:40
1. Playing through the 2nd time and being told by a doctor on the way to the MJ12 lab that paul was alive and well.

2.Stepping out onto the streets of Paris, spooky.

3. Walking into the Versalife head quarters with a guard carrying a GEP gun turning round, sticking it in my face and saying "They dont let me talk to lab personnel"!

4. Hong kong, realising how cool the Lucky Money is.

Le`Sauveur`De`Ces`Dames
6th Oct 2003, 10:34
one of my favorite moment also is when walking in the Paris Area, and wondering WHICH part of Paris this could be (still haven't found it yet. I wish the Subway station had a name on it)

goody
6th Oct 2003, 12:37
I love Paris but stillcant work it out. It says that it is jst off the Champs Elysees in the game but i see no Arc de Triomphe.

C'est fou

Le`Sauveur`De`Ces`Dames
9th Oct 2003, 10:24
when I came to Paris (in the game), I thought I would see the Tour Eiffel (at least in the background), since apparently in every films that take place in Paris, we can see it. but here none of the famous monuments can be seen. (and the subway stations look strange. what material did they work from?)

Catman
9th Oct 2003, 14:39
If I'm remembering correctly, in An American in Paris, the tower is never seen, except as a backdrop painting in the fantasy dance sequence. ;)

auric
10th Oct 2003, 02:04
Then this must show that the area we're in is out of sight of the tower. Or maybe its been destroyed aswell. :confused:

Who knows.

Catman
10th Oct 2003, 13:32
Well, the tower hasn't been destroyed since this movie takes place in post-war France circa 1950. The movie's worth watching since it has some of the best dance sequences Gene Kelly ever filmed as well as an entertaining (though predictable) story.

Le`Sauveur`De`Ces`Dames
10th Oct 2003, 13:45
hmmm I think auric was speaking about the fact the tower is nowhere in sight in DX1

Catman
10th Oct 2003, 13:58
I'm going to put a paper bag over my head and walk away very slowly in a vain effort to maintain some appearance of intelligence and dignity.

http://www1.iastate.edu/~wsthune/cps/ted/tedbonk.gif

Le`Sauveur`De`Ces`Dames
10th Oct 2003, 14:06
hey, why has this teddy bear no paparbag on the head?

Catman
10th Oct 2003, 14:23
I'll have to make one.

Jock
13th Oct 2003, 04:26
That would have to be the Lucky Money massacure. I blockade the front doors after coming there with the Dragontooth, with everything possible. I gather all the booze in the Club and mart (LOOTS O BOOZE) and go talk to Max. MJ12 come in, the gaurds kill them after awhile (and some help ;) ), then i consume all beer, liquor, and everthign else and run around rampagiing with the Dragontooth. Only survivors are Max and the 2 gaurds in his office. The people carry much money and stuff :D

Machinax
13th Oct 2003, 23:20
Yeah, that's a pretty cool sequence.

Le`Sauveur`De`Ces`Dames
14th Oct 2003, 07:54
one of the best moment for me is listening to Herman complaining to Anna that the soda machine gave him lemon-lime instead of orange, because there is a plot against him.

(good description of cyber-psychosys, a classic in cyberpunk environments)

auric
14th Oct 2003, 07:57
That's the problem of the old augmentations, cyberneting the brain.

I think Gunther was a bit more smarter then this. Someone in the operating room for his Augs, must have slipped.

:eek:

Le`Sauveur`De`Ces`Dames
14th Oct 2003, 15:26
what made me think more is Anna's answer : "the machine does not make such mistakes"

in CP2020 (a paper RPG in a cyberpunk environment), the first symptoms of cyberpsychosis is the fact that the character relies more and more heavily on his mechanical parts and less on his biological parts, because "flesh is weak. cyperarms with .50mm gun is stronger".

(making me think of the skullgun Herman is asking for in his mail. I think we lost this one...)

auric
14th Oct 2003, 15:35
What u mean we missed that? on Hemanns request. as in missed it emotionally or our Augs won't have it. :)

As we can see, in Hermanns request would limit his brains even more. tsk tsk tsk. poor Hermann.

He'd be a great Mech, if he hadn't stayed loyal to Anna.

anyway, he didn't repay us a favour, we saved him. :mad:

& he did nothing a slightest, but chasing our brother & then us.

:)

Machinax
16th Oct 2003, 16:12
You sound like Gollum.

Esquire
18th Oct 2003, 14:14
my favourite bit in deus ex is ofcourse da fight wid Walton Simons. My funniest bit has 2 b in da Paris Chateu in da helicopter when Jock says "Oh my god JC it's a Bomb!" and JC says "get outta there!" i always look forward to that bit when i play the game through again.

auric
18th Oct 2003, 15:14
Mr. Simons, hmm when I knew its him I took out my Assault Rifle & used the High-Ex. & 2 shot takes him out, thats how I deal with boss like charactors, sometimes I take them out too quick I'd miss something if theres something to be seen. :p

As for the bomb, I'd tried not doing anything & guess what, it "BOOMED"

Nah just joking, actually I hope I wasn't.

The thing is theres no explosion :mad: what happened to the bomb? So I just think its a dud, & that jerk didn't use the bomb properly, but I think its a "bug"

Anyone else tried not being a detective & not telling Jock?

Random
18th Oct 2003, 15:20
The bomb doesn't go off until you reach Area 51.

auric
18th Oct 2003, 15:26
Really? what happens then, did Jock only died or we also?

Can we still defuse it later if we didn't do it then?

You know what I think I want to restart & make a terible story, meaning everyone dies.

Jock, Paul maybe the doc If I can, Smuggler, etc.

A very sad story for JC. :(

Esquire
18th Oct 2003, 15:35
haha. i think i once tried that but couldn't bring myself to actually do it. I remember the first time i played deus ex when the helicopter blew up and jock was in it. I was so upset to hear Jock's screams of pain. I then went on to kill every enemy possible in a blind rage. haha, o... good times.

auric
18th Oct 2003, 15:42
Well, at leat u notice the explosion, I'm just too curious & see things & just click on them, & found the bomb instead. :)

So who knows who can be killed of in the story line way.

I definately know that

Paul, Jock, Smuggler & Stannon Daud [I not sure about Daud but we can just not give him the vial] oh ya the NSF in prison with us.

That's all I know, anyone knows more? friends that dies off.

Centauro
18th Oct 2003, 22:39
Apart from some very memorable moments already discussed, I have one little thing that I've only witnessed in that tunnels before getting to La Guardia. I got past the part with the branched tunnel (steam to the rigth, turrets to the left), and then there's a NSF making his dull patrol, so I sneaked and while he was far I lockpicked the door (2 picks, INF strength, if I recall correctly).
Got in the room, closed the door, and used the metal crates to get to the ventilation duct, but as I was going to close the grating, my finger slipped and BANG... well, the NSF guy was of course alerted but the cool thing is he didn't enter the room opening the door (I did lockpicked already), but came right THRU the door breaking it to pieces as he ran! Seemed like he came with a flying kick against the door...
I don't know if it is a common thing to happen... I've finished DX 3 times and never saw it happen in any other place. Every time I get to that part, I shoot on purpose just to see the NSF do that. Small detail but so cool IMHO, as many other little things in DX...

auric
19th Oct 2003, 03:34
yeah I sometimes get that too, its like they suddenly become augmented, all of a sudden. Not sure how to trigger that kind of reaction.

Le`Sauveur`De`Ces`Dames
24th Oct 2003, 14:19
Originally posted by Le`Sauveur`De`Ces`Dames
hey, why has this teddy bear no paperbag on the head?

Originally posted by Catman
I'll have to make one.

still waiting, Catman...

hmmm back to the current subject

I also have seen some NPCsrun through doors from time to time. must be when there is no space to open the door, and they have to go through (although the characters usually go backward 1 meter or 2, I think the fact that they hurry can overrule this).

what made me wonder was the fact that even basic characters who DIDN'T have the key when I searched their unconscious body could open an INF/INF door that I NEED a key to open. (I think someone wrote that in another thread, but I don't remember where or when)

to get back to the main subject, I remember having laughed a lot when I heard nicolette DuClare saying (jsut before you enter the maze behind her house) "I lost my virginity around here" or something like that. this was so out of the subject (and I wonder why she would say THAT to an almost complete stranger. I wonder what opinion developpers at IS have of french girls), that I couldn't stop laughing for a few minutes...

Dakota Duster
24th Oct 2003, 14:45
If you jump past the first blockade on your way to Beth's computer room, Nicolette will smash it up for you.

Tbone
24th Oct 2003, 15:13
Pile furniture in front of the bathroom doors in the free clinic in Hell's Kitchen, and then whip out a pistol to panic the civilians. They'll tear through it after a few seconds of scrambling around it.

Also, the ditzy secretary in the MJ12 base under UNATCO HQ will sometimes smash her sofa if you stand in the doorway and refuse to let her out.

dragonwyck
25th Oct 2003, 02:33
Here's something that's pretty sweet if you catch it the first (or even second/third/50th) time through:

When you're entering UNATCO HQ after some mission (I don't remember which), there are those MIB who tell you not to interfere with Simon's investigation.

Well, of course, the first thing I'm sure a lot of us did was go and interfere with Simon's investigation. After listening to his conversation with the prisoner for a while, remember how he turns around and tells you to "get out of it, it's none of your business"? And later, after you're taken into custody by Gunther, you're put into the MJ12 cell. Those cells were mirrors on the inside, windows on the other side (one of those 1-way mirror deals). Yet, before, Simons clearly saw you through the mirror side of the glass.

It's a nice hint that Simon's has some sort of vision augmentation if you notice it on your first time through. I'm assuming that the windows on the UNATCO side of the complex were the same as the MJ12 side.

Zhanate
25th Oct 2003, 05:50
My favorite moments are 1. After you break out of the jail and go back through UNATCO, you can chat in the kitchen with the lady who admits stealing things. During that conversation JC says something about how he used to dream of working here, but it's just cinderblocks and carpet; and 2. The hologram of Paul that appears in the end level. It was just the right thing. He doesn't bother to contact you much, but when you have this incredible decision to make, he does.

I just really enjoy the touches that make the characters seem human, seem to have a life beyond what you see in the game, like dreams and family.

MillMaster
25th Oct 2003, 06:33
You know, when you mention the part about Jock and the bomb, its funny when he asks you "JC why did you kill that guy?" Its not like he hasnt seen you slaughter like about 500 people previous...

I like when you spy on the interrogation room and get yelled at and told to behave.....

But for shure the best moment is killing Anna in massive fireball of jet fuel. Only a pall like Alex would erase a log file to cover up murder!!

My runner up would have to be taking a flamethrower into the Club in paris and having a "hot" dance party of your own.

auric
25th Oct 2003, 07:02
About the spying part, do u know u can go in & interogate the other NSF yourself.

Just follow Simons inside. everytime he finished saying something click on the other guy & talk to him.

gareis
25th Oct 2003, 20:36
I was never aware of a kitchen inside UNATCO HQ on Liberty Island. Where is it?

I enjoyed talking politics with Vinny, but my favorite part was meeting Sandra Renton out on the Tiffany Savage mission. Were there a feature of the game I best liked, it would be the interactivity: you could talk to anyone, and one in fifteen (as long as they weren't hostile) would talk back. You could converse.

I wish Deus Ex had taken this further, but Invisible War will remedy the lack.

Esquire
25th Oct 2003, 22:00
the "kitchen" in UNATCO in DX1 is the area where you saw Gunther Hermann complaining about the soda machine. also it is where Walton Simons was complaining about a burning sensation behind his eyes and Doctor Reyes replies that he shouldn't charge his bioelectricity to 100%.

gareis
26th Oct 2003, 01:03
Oh. Now I feel shupid :o

Esquire
26th Oct 2003, 09:11
Another favourite moment....
learning i could simply leap over the big military robots using the Speed aug. Really help in taking them out. Run up to them, jump, and fire the LAW at their back! Excellent.

auric
26th Oct 2003, 11:33
Originally posted by Esquire
the "kitchen" in UNATCO in DX1 is the area where you saw Gunther Hermann complaining about the soda machine. also it is where Walton Simons was complaining about a burning sensation behind his eyes and Doctor Reyes replies that he shouldn't charge his bioelectricity to 100%.

Correction:

Reyes warns Simons not to overcharge his bioelectric cells.

Simons said he always want to be top efficient & ready, but by continuosly recharging when its already 100% will cause some problems.

Imagine continuosly charging your phone or laptop, though its fully charge, it can damage the batteries.

Apparently the Kitchen is the place to hold an arguments :)

gareis
26th Oct 2003, 13:11
Originally posted by Esquire
Another favourite moment....
learning i could simply leap over the big military robots using the Speed aug. Really help in taking them out. Run up to them, jump, and fire the LAW at their back! Excellent.

I was under the impression that the speed aug didn't work if you were carrying a heavy weapon. Was I mistaken, or did you pull out the LAW after you jumped?

Esquire
26th Oct 2003, 14:51
you're probably right about not being able to run as fast with the heavyweapons. but i usually hav my heavyweapons skill at master or intermediate which lets me do the fasthigh jumps. But mosttly i jus do a cheat 2 get all da skills and den do the jumps. basically i cant really remember how i do it. i'll have to checkit out again! but it is possible. i hav done it. jus had really high skills and da highest running aug level.

auric
26th Oct 2003, 15:06
Does Aug strength helps with heavy weapons lifting?

I didn't know if u upgrade heavy weapons skill will help in lifting heavy weapons like a pistol. interesting.

Esquire
26th Oct 2003, 15:53
No, aug strength doesn't help with heavy weapons lifting. The only thing that helps with heavyweapons is the heavy weapons skill. (if i'm wrong, shame on me)

forgotten
27th Oct 2003, 16:42
One dx moment for me is when you have the conversation with the guy at the top of the statue, first mission. WOW, from then on i knew it was gonna be an amazing:)

Esquire
27th Oct 2003, 20:34
Originally posted by forgotten
One dx moment for me is when you have the conversation with the guy at the top of the statue, first mission. WOW, from then on i knew it was gonna be an amazing:)

U make a good point Forgotten.

sajcd
28th Oct 2003, 04:19
I just finished DX for the first time early this morning.

I wanted to post somewhere...and this seemed like the best place because finishing the game was my favorite DX moment.

My one word assessment: Hopeful.

I hope DX:IW will be as good...just with better graphics/physics.

I chose to merge with Helios. Why? Because it seemed like the next natural step. Not only would this be a unique and new form of government, but could be the next step in human evolution. The other choices seemed to just continue the mindless cycle we humans seem to go through continually. One could argue it is only a matter of time before someone takes this step anyway...I think this ending fits best with the title of the game too...

Funny thing...it was the OXM that led me to DX. I was looking for good upcoming games on XBOX and found a great PC game!

auric
28th Oct 2003, 08:23
What's a OXM?

Random
28th Oct 2003, 10:32
Official Xbox Magazine, I think.

sajcd
29th Oct 2003, 00:45
You are correct Random.

BornIn1142
30th Oct 2003, 17:16
You are standing in Maggie Chow's apartment. She just told you a confusing story on how the Luminous Path are puppets of MJ12. While the maid is babbling something about carpets, you are thinking. Gordon Quick told you that Maggie is the one who stole the Dragon's Tooth Sword, but the whole thing seemed somewhat suspicious, coming from a guy who doesn't want to help you, and simply lets you to die. Many people have told you that Maggie Chow is a liar. On the other hand, they were all Luminous Path... Who is telling the truth, Quick or Chow? Maggie seems like the better person to believe, she's beautiful and seemed to be "close" to the late Paul Denton. Still, she seems a little suspicious. She told you to go to the police station in the Wan Chai market for proof. Should you go there? Did your brother and Maggie really have something of a "relationship"? Who stole the Dragon's Tooth? Is Gordon speaking the truth? Is Maggie?
Before you realize what you are doing, you have whipped out a shotgun a unloaded it into Maggie's face. While you are still pondering what you have done, the maid shoots you in the head with a pistol.

JC Rzem
31st Oct 2003, 00:08
I don't know if this was my favorite Deus Ex moment, but it was the strangest. I remember when I was playing the game for the first time, and I was up to Area 51. After I confronted Walton Simons, I ran to the towar (where that sniper is) and climbed to the top. When I looked down from the towar I saw Simons standing not knowing where I was. So, I got out my sniper rifle, aimed at Simon's head, and fired. Now here is the wierd part, as soon as the 30.06 bullet went through Walton's head his body fell and exploded exactly the way the MIBs and WIBs explode when they die. This was probably just a glitch but it was so strange. Do you guys have any idea what could have caused this.

Esquire
31st Oct 2003, 00:20
Yeah Walton Simons is supposed to blow up (unless he can play dead or something which would mean he could not blow up and remain living). If you stun the MIBs or Walton Simons or Anna/Gunther then they dont explode and you can take what you want from their inventory. Strange thing is that JC doesn't blow up when he dies. I would of thought it was all augmented agents that blow up.

auric
31st Oct 2003, 02:04
Simons??? I thought he's at the Aqua base, maybe I killed him too fast. Everytime I met him I used 2 HE from the assault Rifle.

Instant death. Maybe I'll let him live this time to see him at
Area 51.

Augmented agents are advance we don't blow up. :)

JC Rzem
31st Oct 2003, 05:08
You can stun Anna Navarre or Gunther? I tried stunning anna at the 747 one time and nothing happened.

Machinax
31st Oct 2003, 08:18
Originally posted by BornIn1142
You are standing in Maggie Chow's apartment. She just told you a confusing story on how the Luminous Path are puppets of MJ12. While the maid is babbling something about carpets, you are thinking. Gordon Quick told you that Maggie is the one who stole the Dragon's Tooth Sword, but the whole thing seemed somewhat suspicious, coming from a guy who doesn't want to help you, and simply lets you to die. Many people have told you that Maggie Chow is a liar. On the other hand, they were all Luminous Path... Who is telling the truth, Quick or Chow? Maggie seems like the better person to believe, she's beautiful and seemed to be "close" to the late Paul Denton. Still, she seems a little suspicious. She told you to go to the police station in the Wan Chai market for proof. Should you go there? Did your brother and Maggie really have something of a "relationship"? Who stole the Dragon's Tooth? Is Gordon speaking the truth? Is Maggie?
Before you realize what you are doing, you have whipped out a shotgun a unloaded it into Maggie's face. While you are still pondering what you have done, the maid shoots you in the head with a pistol.

Wow.

Le`Sauveur`De`Ces`Dames
31st Oct 2003, 08:37
Originally posted by JC Rzem
You can stun Anna Navarre or Gunther? I tried stunning anna at the 747 one time and nothing happened.

I have never been able to prod either of them, nore to baton them.

but you can flamethrow them, and they start runnig around and don't come back

Catman
31st Oct 2003, 13:42
You can tranq Gunther or whack him unconcious with the baton, but you can't prod him because of his shield. Note that this works only in Paris and only if you've already injured him in some way (otherwise, he'll make short work of you).

With Anna, if you want to leave her alive, the best you can do is severely damage her right arm so she can't hold a weapon (at which point she'll cloak herself).

Simons is much like Gunther -- if wounded, he can be knocked unconcious (underwater base or area 51).

I find it rather humorous in all cases that even when severely injured and incapable of harming you, they'll still threaten you.

Zhanate
3rd Nov 2003, 19:54
Two more favorite moments:

1. Paul is sitting in his apartment, possibly dying, and he's making jokes. I ask, "Is this killswitch real? What's it going to do to you?"
"I'm afraid that's classified," Paul says.
I'm too worried to smile. "Manderley said you're going to die."
"You've got to have God clearance to ... to know," Paul continues, before actually answering my questions.
Then I blow up the MIBs and Paul, sick as he is, expertly cleans out the hotel.
I reallize that all that interest in nonviolent take-downs was a smokescreen for protecting his NSF allies.

2. Then I remember watching the sunset from the roof at Vandenberg, catching my breath before taking on the bots.

Ferrard Carson
4th Nov 2003, 23:21
My favorite moment was when I had already gotten rid of the security bots and every standard MJ12 trooper around the compound, then exploring the ledges around the Command Center. I found two combat crates, smashed them open, and discovered a pair of LAWs. :p

I remember thinking: "Someone likes me and they want me to KILL!!!"

Robosapiens
6th Nov 2003, 20:21
Originally posted by Zhanate
Two more favorite moments:

2. Then I remember watching the sunset from the roof at Vandenberg, catching my breath before taking on the bots.

Aaaaa, that I remember, too. Such a gratifying beautiful moment on the roof of that building. Jeez. I remember taking everybody out and missing but one bot that was hiding (i.e. patrolling) behind a building.

My favourite, but also the strangest and scariest and also most emotional moment for me in the game was that time at Area 51 when you go into a room, see a dead body and get the feeling of such futile death (I least I did) and Helios kicks in saying:
"A corpse, yes. You feel something. I must know what you are feeling."

Robosapiens
6th Nov 2003, 20:27
Originally posted by Le`Sauveur`De`Ces`Dames

to get back to the main subject, I remember having laughed a lot when I heard nicolette DuClare saying (jsut before you enter the maze behind her house) "I lost my virginity around here" or something like that. this was so out of the subject (and I wonder why she would say THAT to an almost complete stranger. I wonder what opinion developpers at IS have of french girls), that I couldn't stop laughing for a few minutes...

The reason I think she said that was that she was feeling awkward. That place had so many memories for her, more that she could bear. People say strange or funny or whatever you may choose to call them things when they feel like that. I helps them deal with that kind of overwhelming emotion.

P.S. Just my opinion. That's how I see it. The other reason would be that she was coming on to JC. Maybe she wanted to see what it's like to have sex with a nano-aug. :)

Esquire
15th Nov 2003, 17:43
yeah i agree.

another great DX moment for me is one that continues even to the day. Finding out different ways in which i can complete missions. Just the other day, about 2weeks ago it was, i found yet another way to get up to the GasStation in Vandenberg-Gas.

Where the bridge is broken, there are some thick beams sticking out of the rest of the bridge. you can get JC to jump onto the van underneath them, and then jump onto these and climb up.

mcrob
26th Nov 2003, 19:22
Ive played the game a few different ways now, and still finding surprises. I started a new game recently, and this time after talking to NSF leader on the plane Navarra kills him. Usualy I just walk back to the copter. This time however I just for I took my pistol out and blew Navarra away. As I walked out you get a right earfull from the Alex"I will have to erase all the records of that" Then back in HQ when Manderly hears from you that there was some shooting on the plane and Anne Navarra is dead he goes "No ****!.." I laughed and laughed

Looking forward to Dx 2.

Papers
28th Nov 2003, 09:25
I have so many stunning memories that it's hard to pick one.

I'd have to say killing Anna in the 747. That's when it really clicked and I realised exactly how amazing Deus Ex was. I've never gotten that feeling of "OH MY GOD, I CANNOT BELIEVE I JUST DID THAT!" from any other game.

ZeaLitY
29th Nov 2003, 08:12
After getting the sword, I returned to the Lucky Money and prepared to talk to Chen. However, his bodyguards gave me the usual "You are acting like a fool!" Calmly, I faced Chen, whipped out my stealth pistol and downed both bodyguards with shots between the eyes in less than a second. I quickly put the pistol away, and resumed business as normal. Now that was cool.

Ironically (in reference to the first post) just today I was playing through and decided to kill Maggie. Right afterwards, I broke through the glass and jumped to Jock's apartment, seeking shelter as the MJ12 guards wondered what the hell had happened.

Oh, lastly. In the Old China Hand, I blocked all the doors and began knifing people. I left Paul's informant, bought his equipment, and knifed him as well. They all ended up belly down in the canal.

Montial
4th Dec 2003, 08:47
Originally posted by Centauro
but came right THRU the door breaking it to pieces as he ran! Seemed like he came with a flying kick against the door...
I don't know if it is a common thing to happen...

Yeah, thats happened to me a couple 'o times, mostly when people are running away though.....similar thing hapened when i was ghosting around in Rouge Spear, this guard had a fit and jumped through a window. Gave me one hell of a fright :)

Masai
9th Dec 2003, 07:19
Originally posted by chaos_Kn

:D :D :D That's too funny, that fight against the agents and the police goons in his apt was great. ("Please Mr. Denton, put down your weapons)...I set up gas bombs and lams all along the walls to slow them down sometimes and other times I've just taken them on with my brother with conventional weapons. That's a tough fight and then you get ganked and gashed by Gunther.:eek:

JC Rzem
22nd Apr 2004, 01:46
My favorite deus ex moment was, during the veralife mission in hong kong. I always enjoyed freeing that crazy bum (or the greasels) and let him run around freely in the lab, then the mib would open fire, miss and hit the mj12 troop. After that the whole versalife lab turns into a warzone between the mj12 troops and the mibs (very fun to watch, I wish I had some popcorn).

Minutes later after the smoke clears, all the mibs are blown to bits, troopers lying around in corpses, blood and gore everywhere and that bum is STILL running around freely screaming "I am the Captain here!" It was so funny that all those mibs and mj12troops had lose their lives just to catch that bum, that always made me laugh.