PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy VII: The Remake Thread (Pre-2015)

Pages : [1] 2

member_10775309
31st May 2012, 16:08
If fans can do this well www.youtube.com/watch?v=8e18Ay2kJE4 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8e18Ay2kJE4) why can't a remake be done. SE Japan needs to get off its ass. All those loses last year would be nothing compared to what the dollars that roll in off of a remake.

PAT2K9
31st May 2012, 16:14
...and it would make fans "filthy" happy ;-)

member_10803141
31st May 2012, 16:32
Ugh. There's so much better stuff SE can spend it's time on. Like 4 Heroes of Light, the remakes for the -good- FF games in the series, etc. The FF7 fanboys got enough of SE's time and hard work with the 8023874 other spinoffs.

I mean don't get me wrong, the game wasn't bad, but I would rather a whole new FF then a remade 7. The only thing the game had going for it was the materia system. Other then that, it was on constant easy mode and the characters were just too wishy-washy and stereotypical for my tastes. A protagonist like Cloud has no room being a protagonist lol. I wanted to punch him everytime he said something after halfway through disc 1. I would take jar jar binks over him as the lead.

Persiangato
31st May 2012, 16:37
It'll happen. You just need to be patient.

If I remember correctly, in Japan one of their twitter holders asked if there would be any interest in a remake of FF7. There were so many responses, they had to sent out multiple tweets asking people to refrain from commenting on it since they couldn't handle the amount.

Pocamantis
31st May 2012, 19:44
I don't understand the demanding of a VII remake. It's not like VII is not assessable to anyone without a PS1. If you want to play it than play it. SE is already filthy rich from all the extra games/merchandise for VII. Besides, a VII remake would be a totally different gameplay wise. They should spend their time and money trying to make brand new classics.

Nemissa
31st May 2012, 21:53
I'd rather have a sequel to be honest. I can play the original if I really want to experience it again, but for sequel there is still some unresolved stuff left from the secret ending of DoC.

Aerith
31st May 2012, 23:08
I feel like a lot of people clamoring for a remake don't think about what exactly would be involved with the production of it, honestly. It wouldn't be the FFVII we remember - not remotely. Think about how RPG gaming has evolved since the mid-90s when VII was released. In the earlier games, it was fine to have a plot driven by on-screen dialogue, minimalistic (compared to today) maps, and cutscenes that did more to establish the setting or certain events than to advance the main story. From FFX on, though, that's no longer the case. The entire environment is rendered, meaning that the maps would all have to be recreated from scratch. All dialogue is spoken, meaning a complete rework of the script from the base level to make for more natural speech, and conveying of emotion/reaction through expression and movement more than lines on a screen. Essentially, a remake for today's graphics would be able to keep the base points of the story, but present it in an entirely different way, and I don't think a lot of the fans of FFVII would be satisfied with that, because it would be so drastically different. I mean, sure, I'd like to see it, eventually, if it didn't take away from the teams working on other games (which wouldn't work, because it's those people that would HAVE to be involved to make it of the quality I'd like to see)...but I'd rather see new games, whether in the Compilation or not.

member_10053151
1st Jun 2012, 00:53
...and it would make fans "filthy" happy ;-)

^ This lol. I would definitely be one happy camper in the FFVII fanbase camp, that's for sure.

I feel like a lot of people clamoring for a remake don't think about what exactly would be involved with the production of it, honestly.

Oh, I'm quite aware of what's involved. Hence why I'm being extremely patient about it. They know we want it. We know they want to do it (time/resources permitting). It's just a matter of time before it happens, in my opinion. I've been of the belief that it's a secret project that quite possibly is on the back burner until they can manage it. But we'll see. Maybe for a 20th anniversary, haha. They did say that the Compilation was not complete yet. AC, BC, CC, DC...time for EC. Easter and Christmas Special? :)

Summoner
1st Jun 2012, 09:40
I kinda believe they should do some remakes, like VI, VII, VIII, IX, cause they are already doing one for FFX. But I just like being able to see what they can do with their worlds with more technology.

ilikeikeilikeik
2nd Jun 2012, 10:24
They would, but they Are too busy reamaking FFIV all the time.

All jokes aside, I would take a new game over a ramake anyday.

Summoner
2nd Jun 2012, 10:51
The only thing I saw being remade was FFIII for the DS.

Water
2nd Jun 2012, 18:42
SE is already filthy rich from all the extra games/merchandise for VII. Besides, a VII remake would be a totally different gameplay wise.

Haha, it's true. the FF7 universe is one of the most developed ones, with more spinoffs and movies than any of the other ones. but it's because it's popular that we have all those things, and because it's popular we'll probs eventually get a remake. but I don't think a remake having totally different gameplay would be bad. if the remake was just identical to the original, but for a new console/handheld, that would be pointless.

member_10085059
2nd Jun 2012, 20:38
I see it happening someday, but I also see a lot of people raging all over the internet complaining that it's not as good as the original. Eh. I'd still like to see it happen, though.

member_10165510
2nd Jun 2012, 22:27
unfortunately it probably won't happen for another few years. but hey hopes not gone yet. so it should be well worth the wait

victor_szymanski
3rd Jun 2012, 13:51
Dear Square Enix

I think many fans requested to you to make a remastered version of Final Fantasy VII.
Pease make a new version of this game, because this art changed the world of gaming.
Trust me, that game was a mile stone in history of gaming!
I know this is my first post on this forum, maybe I am not best in english but really, as this thread says, if You make a remake of this game, it will kicks everybody's backs!
It could be fun, but you have got nothing to do: Just update a graphic and record a speeches for characters. It could be a f****'n bestseller!
Then please again: watch out on FB, Twitter and everywhere else to see, it is true!
You Have got the best story in your hand, just what you need to do it once again!
Personally I have passed this game three times. Maybe it's not the record, but I know this production have one thing: ATMOSHPERE!

I have played the other games of yours and they were not that climatic as FF VII. What can i say... I is a Quintessence of anime war between good and evil!
Maybe you will not listen a single fan, but you will see, how many of us can reborn!
Your sincerely
Fan from Poland
Wiktor Szyma?ski

CaelestiXXIIV
4th Jun 2012, 03:22
Final Fantasy VII was - IS - the greatest game ever created, in gaming history OR the history of Square Enix. The revamp has been put on hold due to the developers wanting to focus on new FF games, like FFXV. Personally, and I find little objection to this, Final Fantasy as a series has been tanking since FFX-2. Gamers continue to buy new Final Fantasy games in the hopes that they will get better. I will admit, 12 was alright. But 13 was nothing more than 7 remade with a female Cloud, and no one enjoyed that. Seriously, the most enjoyable part of that game was the baby chocobo.

Final Fantasy VII is the highest selling game EVER, and continues to be even after they've been out of production. A remake would have Square Enix raking in the dough. There are so many wonderful things about Square Enix, and I hate to see these half assed attempts at making games. For me, the Final Fantasy franchise ended with FFX. There is nothing beyond that, and nothing past will register on my radar.

I would pay an arm and a leg for a Final Fantasy VII revamp. Square Enix seems to think that the focus on new Final Fantasy games will make them surpass the games of the past, but sadly this is impossible.

onigiri619
4th Jun 2012, 04:10
7 was a good game and I was honestly surprised at how fun it really was when I first played it about two years ago, but with all respect, a full blown remake isn't really the right thing for it either. It is standing proof of how innovative and creative Square was when it was developed and should be cherished as the classic it is. Having a remake wouldn't be bad but the way Square Enix is fairing in their currentstate, it wouldn't be right drop effort to focus only on past achievements. Instead of trying to cash in on easy titles like Theatrhythm or the XIII series (which is overstepping its bounds), Square can dream bigger by risking bigger.

It would be less difficult for them to make a remake of 7 (probably), but then they'd be digging their own grave on the meaning of innovation. If they can only thrive on the success of thier most popular work, then Final Fantasy would be truely dead. Creativity was what drew in many fans from the beginning. Having the opportunity to explore as the Warriors of Light, fighting an Emperor as a rebel force, fighting against the Cloud of Darkness of the world, unveiling the secrets of the Lunarians, facing the Void with your valient companions (and Boko), saving a ruined world from madness, discovering the power to save the Planet within one's own hand, discovering and embracing the true Lion's Heart, reliving the classics in the world of Gaia, overcoming humanity's ultimate Sin, fighting for the freedom of Ivalice, and fighting against Fate. The chance to discover stories new and unfamiliar. That is what makes final Fantasy. Going back to revisit what they have done is not wrong, and I'd welcome a remake it they ever do, but Square needs to reorganize how they envision the series as a whole rather than focusing JUST 7.

member_10384618
4th Jun 2012, 07:50
If it was a true to form remake I would trade my entire gaming collection in for it!

member_10822883
4th Jun 2012, 08:05
Final Fantasy VII was - IS - the greatest game ever created, in gaming history OR the history of Square Enix.

Nah.

Gamers continue to buy new Final Fantasy games in the hopes that they will get better.

Well, yeah. That's how it is for a lot of people. Doesn't matter the franchise or series.

13 was nothing more than 7 remade with a female Cloud, and no one enjoyed that.

I don't even. By that logic, V is a remake of III, which is a remake of I, IV is a remake of II, XII is a remake of Tactics, etc. Evidently the soldier/train opening cinematic was homage, but really?

Final Fantasy VII is the highest selling game EVER, and continues to be even after they've been out of production.

Erh. Highly, highly doubt. Sources?

A remake would have Square Enix raking in the dough.

See, remakes never do as well as an original, regardless of whether or not the remake is better. A remake would likely not sell well enough for Square to even break even. It's expensive. At least with direct sequels, like X-2 and XIII-2, much of the game was based on the first installment's engine. VII would have to come from scratch.

I would pay an arm and a leg for a Final Fantasy VII revamp. Square Enix seems to think that the focus on new Final Fantasy games will make them surpass the games of the past, but sadly this is impossible.

I'm not sure Square's concerned with whether or not they "surpass VII"; VII's one of my least favorites in the series, but even I can recognize just how culturally impacting and powerful it was on mainstream gaming, especially for the RPG genre. Of course they're not going to top that. You seem to be setting yourself up for disappointment here.

member_10822883
4th Jun 2012, 08:28
That's sure conducive for discussion.

Grimoire
4th Jun 2012, 08:31
"Shut up" is not a very nice thing to say.

Summoner
4th Jun 2012, 09:25
Only time can tell.

SilverArrow20XX
4th Jun 2012, 09:26
A high budget console remake wouldn't be cost effective. They should just remake it for a portable system like most of their other remakes. I can see it happening on the Vita.

FFVII wasn't even the best selling game on the PSX. It sold 10 million. Gran Turismo sold 10.85 million.

Summoner
4th Jun 2012, 09:57
C'mon guys, be nice. Alot of the Final Fantasies have things we all like about it, I myself have bought every FF that has came out (Besides the Crystal Cronicals/Chocobo Fables games) and I always keep an open mind. When I play the game I take into consideration, the characters, the storyline, the gameplay, the weapon and outfit models, the environments, the beastary, boss fights and longivity of the game.

Like for example, VII was pretty nice cause they implemented so much stuff you can do like find hidden materia and unlock Limit Breaks and they had a good story to go with it with a likeable crew.

VIII seemed more about romance to me and had alot of excitement and I was drawn in about a school training their students to do missions around the world. The characters had alot more personality in this game. I also really liked the Guardian Force system in this game.

IX was very different and went back to old school characters, the black mages and some new races we haven't seen. The party was very different and got some real weirdos but it went with the story and I really like how they implemented that you can learn your skill permanently from your equipment and your weapons. They had alot of puzzles in this game and still had alot to do like in VII & VIII.

X was breathtaking with the battle system the sphere grid was very nice, and able to switch out your party on the go, the story was very sad and had alot of exciting things go on while on your travels. The summon system in FFX I have to say is the best but that's cause I love summons. The game was kinda shorter than the other FF since they didn't have too many secrets or extras you can do, but they did imput a Al Bhed alphabet and I'm sure that took alot of work.

XII was indeed very VERY different from the other FF, it made me think of a solo MMO but that didn't stop me from spending over 700+ hours on this game, it was very fun, it was likable and they had alot of fun things you can do. The only problem I had with this game is that the License Board was completely the same as everybody elses. I know you can have any character you want as any job you want them to be but the only thing that defined your character to me was the Quickenings they had. But that doesn't mean I hated the game it was just different, but I loved how huge the world they allowed you to explore and also the secret Espers and the Monster Hunting and etc was very fun. I also liked the different skins on the weapons, that was a definate plus for me.

As for XIII, I loved the storyline, but I didn't care for the battle cause I felt like I was having my hand held the entire time, cause the best way to play is to have the game choose your move list and then you cast Libra in battle to learn everything about the monster, either that or fight a whole bunch of them to learn about it. And then your skills will choose abilities the enemies your fighting are weak against. I also felt like the game was too short for a Final Fantasy game. I like XIII but it just seemed like an interactive movie.

Just my opinion, nobody has to agree or disagree.

member_10803141
4th Jun 2012, 10:13
I'm not even going to read any of the first post, but merely say this.

If you think VII was anything beyond mediocre, you obviously started suckling on the teet of the RPG world with this title.

I can probably name at least 50 rpgs better then VII lol. Cloud was the worst protagonist an RPG could ask for, such a whiny little child who has no sense of self.

tiaeltaru
4th Jun 2012, 10:15
I'm not even going to read any of the first post, but merely say this.

If you think VII was anything beyond mediocre, you obviously started suckling on the teet of the RPG world with this title.

I can probably name at least 50 rpgs better then VII lol. Cloud was the worst protagonist an RPG could ask for, such a whiny little child who has no sense of self.

I can name plenty, but I still feel VII is a great game.

And I've been gaming since the original FF and DQ on the NES, so no, I didn't start with VII.

member_10825651
4th Jun 2012, 10:51
While I admit that FFVII was a good game, it's still not considered the best in the series.... There's a reason why 6 is considered one of the best games of all time..... if there is gonna be a remake of a Final Fantasy game, it should be 6.

tiaeltaru
4th Jun 2012, 10:53
While I admit that FFVII was a good game, it's still not considered the best in the series.... There's a reason why 6 is considered one of the best games of all time..... if there is gonna be a remake of a Final Fantasy game, it should be 6.

I consider VI and IX above it, and personally my other favorites are V, XI and XII, but VII still deserves credit.

And, they'll likely remake V first, V and VI 3DS remakes I can see happening.

I doubt we'll see a VI remake on PS3 or anything of that magnitude.

SilverArrow20XX
4th Jun 2012, 10:56
FFVII is not my favorite FF game but I definitely wouldn't call it mediocre. I'd even call it great.

member_10803141
4th Jun 2012, 11:03
I just found it overly easy, which takes half the fun out of it for me. At no point in the game was I challenged in the least, minus the fact of Ruby and Emerald weapon.

Don't get me wrong, I thought the story was decent, the materia and battle/limit system were great. However I couldn't get past the difficulty and characters, they never really grew on me.

Edit: Ok maybe I went a bit too far when I said the whole "If you thought .... started with this game" comment, should have worded it better :P More along the lines of "If you thought this was the greatest game ever" haha because VII, is certainly not that. Especially in the FF series. The only games in the series I enjoyed less the VII was X-2 and well... that's it lol :/

tiaeltaru
4th Jun 2012, 11:05
Not like VI was difficult either, especially with Gem Box+Economizer+Ultima.

Or Genji Glove+Offering+ weapons.

And VIII was incredibly easy if you abused card playing and the junction system.

In fact, most FF's aren't that difficult.

member_10803141
4th Jun 2012, 11:09
True true ;) but even if I played VII barebones, minimal magic and summons, it still feels too easy to me, throughout the whole game.

At least in VI and VIII I felt challenged to a point, until you could build up and get all those neat things you mentioned haha

But you have to admit that KotR + Mime just makes it wayyyyyyyy overkill lol :P

tiaeltaru
4th Jun 2012, 11:10
True true ;) but even if I played VII barebones, minimal magic and summons, it still feels too easy to me, throughout the whole game.

At least in VI and VIII I felt challenged to a point, until you could build up and get all those neat things you mentioned haha

But you have to admit that KotR + Mime just makes it wayyyyyyyy overkill lol :P

I still found prior to the super powering yourself up there was still some semblance of difficulty, about on par with other FF's before you can break the game.

And yeah, but then again in VIII I just Lionhearted Edea to death at the end of disc 1, each strike doing 9,999 or near it, that's pretty overkill.

gruntbot116
6th Jun 2012, 20:21
now im a huge fan of FF7 and i would really like to see some of the older final fantasys(including 7) remade with the same engine they used for FF13 and so on. or at least a FF7 advent children game because i really enjoyed the movie, has anyone else?

member_10328220
6th Jun 2012, 20:41
I just found it overly easy, which takes half the fun out of it for me. At no point in the game was I challenged in the least, minus the fact of Ruby and Emerald weapon.

Don't get me wrong, I thought the story was decent, the materia and battle/limit system were great. However I couldn't get past the difficulty and characters, they never really grew on me.

Edit: Ok maybe I went a bit too far when I said the whole "If you thought .... started with this game" comment, should have worded it better :P More along the lines of "If you thought this was the greatest game ever" haha because VII, is certainly not that. Especially in the FF series. The only games in the series I enjoyed less the VII was X-2 and well... that's it lol :/

I'm sure that if they ever remade the game they could find a way to up the difficulty overall. They could give it a FFXII spin to it and it'd be a bit interesting to play.

Jackstin
7th Jun 2012, 05:32
I'm playing it again right now, and yeah it tops VI amd IX for me.

Must say though. NO to a remake. They'd take away the humour.

Summoner
7th Jun 2012, 16:44
They could make the humour better with better graphics too with more emotion ya know.

herndon720
9th Jun 2012, 12:30
i would have to agree with this post. from the choco breeding, materia pairing, hard 2 beat weapons and the chocobo racing FF7 is byfar the best game ever made. it introduced the game and many people believe that there are better ones out there the truth is, when i play it over and over i never get bored of it. after playing it 8 years i realised that you can still pair different materias together to fight different ways. morphing guys into sources to max stats and everything, the game never ends. i decided to buy it for my Ps3 and when i got to the crater i started trying new combo's like HP<->MP with pheonix and final attack or pheonix with quadra magic with final attack and the combinations continue. i will pay 100 for the remake or sequel to ff7 as long as it still has materia and you get to use sephiroth or zack.. maybe even the turks.. i've been waiting over 10 yrs for the remake and still havent played crisis core because i don't have a psp.. help us out squaresoft or square enix

Fastbreak111
9th Jun 2012, 15:54
I'm not the only one who feels that Square Enix should remake some of their classic PS1 games am I? Final Fantasy VII for example, if they were to leave the battle system alone and not remove any of the storyline and simply upgrade the graphics and sound engines the result would be phenomenal. It would make hardcore fans extremly happy for the remakes as well as generate more revenue for Square Enix, I personally don't see why they haven't remade games like Final Fantasy VII, VIII, and IX. I'm not alone in this thinking am I?

Summoner
9th Jun 2012, 16:02
Well since this is the 3rd forum topic of a FFVII remake I'm sure people have already been wanting a remake for a long while.

member_10074094
9th Jun 2012, 18:12
I thought SE commented on how difficult it would be to actually do this.

To be honest, I worry about a remake. I did not like ff3 or 4 on DS. Both had more content but did not feel the same as playing FF1, 2, and 6 did for me. FF7, 8 , and 9 where defined by fixed camera positions because the rooms where basically just background art that your character was placed in and moved around in. This art really only needs to be remastered in HD for the remake to work. do that and add more gameplay content (more bosses, and rename the spells, ect) and it would be fine. The problem is, while this is a TRUE remake, it would not be worth $60, even with the new voice acting. It would get poor reviews because of fixed camera and oldish style gameplay, the fact that its a remake would be ignored. The fatal error I can see SE making is acknowleding all these issues and deciding to "modernize" their remakes, like ff3 and 4 did.... which would suck. I don't want a rotating camera in ff7, 8, and 9. It would ruin the feel and exploration of those games. too be honest, ff7 graphics look so funny that I don't know how I would feel playing it with Advent Children quality. FF8 I can see looking better with that kind of remastery, and ff9 had such a unique art style that I fear would be remade to look like something really unfitting.

If they did this... changes will annoy old players but attract new ones (with ff7's reputation, it is highly likely that MANY new players will come to the game). But, SE is treading dangerous water with conservatism AND innovation, and needs to be careful if they decide to do this.

Persiangato
9th Jun 2012, 18:54
...if they were to leave the battle system alone and not remove any of the storyline and simply upgrade the graphics and sound engines the result would be phenomenal...I personally don't see why they haven't remade games like Final Fantasy VII, VIII, and IX...

"But if we were to take one of the past Final Fantasy titles and make a sequel to it, I think that would be a lot more challenging because when they were on PlayStation and PlayStation 2 their actual game volume was a lot bigger, kind of.

"Graphically they weren't as advanced as they are now, but there were lots of towns and worlds and cities and whatever. So if we were to recreate the same kind of game - sequel or not - with the same volume, but give it a much higher level of graphical quality, it would us take three times, four times, even ten times longer to make such a game. So making a sequel for an old game would be a lot more challenging."

www.computerandvideogames.com/327700/fin... (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/327700/final-fantasy-vii-remake-would-take-too-long-square/)

Can you imagine all of that voiceacting too? Books and books of dialogue with so many partipating characters...

It'll probably happen sooner or later though. When Square Enix of Japan asked nonchalantly over Twitter if anybody would have been interested in a remake, they became so swapped with responses, they had to tweet out several times thanking them for their thoughts, but to stop sending anymore messages on it.

Maybe midway through the next generation of consoles. It'll certainly be a system seller if it's an exclusive.

member_10074094
9th Jun 2012, 21:28
...if they were to leave the battle system alone and not remove any of the storyline and simply upgrade the graphics and sound engines the result would be phenomenal...I personally don't see why they haven't remade games like Final Fantasy VII, VIII, and IX...

"But if we were to take one of the past Final Fantasy titles and make a sequel to it, I think that would be a lot more challenging because when they were on PlayStation and PlayStation 2 their actual game volume was a lot bigger, kind of.

"Graphically they weren't as advanced as they are now, but there were lots of towns and worlds and cities and whatever. So if we were to recreate the same kind of game - sequel or not - with the same volume, but give it a much higher level of graphical quality, it would us take three times, four times, even ten times longer to make such a game. So making a sequel for an old game would be a lot more challenging."

www.computerandvideogames.com/327700/fin... (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/327700/final-fantasy-vii-remake-would-take-too-long-square/)

Can you imagine all of that voiceacting too? Books and books of dialogue with so many partipating characters...

It'll probably happen sooner or later though. When Square Enix of Japan asked nonchalantly over Twitter if anybody would have been interested in a remake, they became so swapped with responses, they had to tweet out several times thanking them for their thoughts, but to stop sending anymore messages on it.

Maybe midway through the next generation of consoles. It'll certainly be a system seller if it's an exclusive.

I wouldn't worry about the voice acting. In reality, the older FF games don't have large scripts (FFX is much larger and did fine with the VA). It doesn't really seem like it, but FF7's script is not very long at all (I can't remember how many pages it was when I printed it a few years ago). They could even afford to voice some of the random npcs in towns, but that wouldn't be necessary.

DreamEaterX
9th Jun 2012, 21:43
I think that Square Enix wants to release FF versus XIII and FF X HD first. Furthermore, this year was the 15th anniversary of Final Fantasy VII and we still have no information about a remake. I think -and this is a wild guess, so please think nothing of it- that the remake will be out for the 25th anniversary cuz it's always a big milestone for video game companies.

Summoner
9th Jun 2012, 23:22
10 years is a long time. But 25 years is a big milestone, but 25 years is how old the Final Fantasy series that came to be. I believe that's why FFTheatrhythm is coming out.

member_10074094
10th Jun 2012, 10:45
We also need to consider that, since FF7 used Nomura's characters and story, it goes without saying that he will be part of the remake's development... and to be honest, he and his team need to focus on versus 13 and bringing kh back to consoles.

DavidFCG
10th Jun 2012, 16:10
I think there's a problem that always arises when this subject comes up. Everyone wants a FF7 remake, but they take for granted that it'd be for PS3 or a next-gen console. Square-Enix has already said that'd be way way harder than making a regular FF since its such a large game.

Now, Crisis Core for the PSP did a very good job of capturing the essence of FF7, and it looked better, but it was obviously not the same.

My question/seggustion is...why don't they make a re-make for the Vita. They are releasing an HD version of FFX for the Vita...HD means that it will look even better than on the PS2, however, making a Vita game wouldn't be as much trouble as making a PS3 or next-gen game, and it could still be eventually ported to the PS3/x360 as an HD edition or in an HD collection, like so many other PSP/PS2 games.

Sure, it'd be better on PS3 and all, but I'd settle for a semi-HD Vita version.

SilverArrow20XX
10th Jun 2012, 17:41
That's what I've been saying since Crisis Core came out. It'll probably be remade for a portable console like Vita.

matty8756
11th Jun 2012, 12:31
alright Square Enix. You obviously know people are begging for a remake of final fantasy VII. me being one of them. and watching that video that was showen at E3 2012 of what graphics will look like. i think it is time you do it for PS3. why i say ps3? because it origionated on the playstation and i dont think xbox should get anything from it :) (sorry xbox owners byt ps3 is way better).

now i know what hapens with most remakes. new stuff gets added and some stuff gets changed. well yes i think more stuff should be added. like a music player (which lays the original sound plus new sound maybe add some of the black mages rock/metal remixes into it?), beastary, new dungens, new side quests among the old ones. maybe some new materia for new summons or skills and what not. but the materia system MUST stay since that was an important part in the classic verson.

the tricky part will be the battle system. i think it should look like 13's battle system. th e way they move and what not. but keep it like a turn based system where you can enter 3-6 commands like in 13. so you controll all 3 charicters but you battle liek final fantasy 13 (so that means monsters and bosses and what not will have alot more HP because your doing more damage in a turn). and have the limit break occure like the futle link (except dont push buttons when it fills up just watch the magic)

So enough of my rant time to look at the numbers. there are PLENT of people who downloaded the PS1 classic when it was released on the PSN. which gave square enix loads of money. Advent children, crisis core, before crisis. and one more (sory i forgot what the short anime is called at this time) has pulled in alot of money. the fans LOVE IT! and also the fans are TIRED of seeing final fantasy 13 going crazy on that series. i personally was real angry how 13-2 ended. and fans would much rather see the time, effor, and love of the square enix staff and pour it all into remakes of their classic titles ( because we do not need another MMORPG aka 14! 11 already serves as that pourpus. and frankly anything from final fantasy X and down was amazing you guys started to lose your touch after that title and started to lose fans and well without the fans your company wouldnt exsist)

Now...i know Square-Enix NA dosnt deal with that. most of it all happens in Japan for final fantasy. and i know ever fan in japan, North america, Eruope and where ever else final fantsy fans reside will all agree to remake it, with better graphics, better sound (i love the sound track for the game i just mean updated sound), a FEW new things to do, but keep most things the same. and those sugestions i put out on the fourm for battle system i think could work well.

Anyways Thank You for reading my long rant and i hope the idea of a remake of final fantasy VII gets pushed little harder and we can see some productin of it happening within the next year or so (and PLEASE dont wait until PS4 and release it for that it will be much better to do it on this gen of councels the way the ecomany is going).

Summoner
11th Jun 2012, 12:53
Yeah but I hear that the Remastered version of FFX would be starting from scratch, I mean they are redesigning the character models to the newer graphics. Maybe the graphics engine they showed off at E3?

DavidFCG
11th Jun 2012, 21:34
Well, models are always resdesigned as to show more poligons, but the engine doesn't change much. textures are remastered, but not remade, and the content is still the same. i'm not saying it's not complicated, but if it's way, way, way faster that making a full remake. like final fantasy 3 or 4 for the nds, for example. Granted, they are minor in scale and graphics compared to FF10, but you get the point. For example remaking the original metal gear solid or the original resident evil for the gamecube surely took a lot longer than if they had just remastered them.

Summoner
11th Jun 2012, 22:46
Won't know for sure until we see the remastered version.

member_10770742
12th Jun 2012, 11:24
Personally I just tried to send a e-mail to Square, but there was a typo or something in the e-mail adress, and I can't find a real e-mail to contact. Pretty much to express how I feel I will just show you all the e-mail that I sent.

~~~

I have been a fan for a very long time. I don't know if this is the correct e-mail to contact but it's the only one that I can find. If this isn't the correct one and you may know who I should contact I would appreciate it if you could give me the correct information.

Basically I was hoping to find out or suggest something that I am sure has been asked a million times over.

I was wondering if it has even been considered to re-do Final Fantasy 7, 8, 9 ect... in high definition. I look back on those games with many fond memories and I was thinking that it would be amazing to see these games brought back to life in beautiful high definition. I think if done that all would have to happen would be a re-rendering of the graphics.

The content in the game should never change. I believe if the content was to change then you run the risk of ruining something as magnificent as these games. I just believe that these games deserve to be brought into the new generation of gaming in their original form. I understand that there would be a group that would boycott the games being released again only in high definition, but I believe that there would be a even bigger group of loyal fans and new fans that would rejoice in it's release.

I hope that I have presented myself in a way that you understand my passion for these games and also the concept of bringing them back to life. Thank you for your time.

Your loyal fan,

~~~

So yeah I feel for you all and I agree for the most part. I want to see this happen.

Cloud453
24th Jun 2012, 21:41
Man I'm Brazilian, I just came here to say one thing: I imagine a remake of Final Fantasy 7 would have to change many things to have a good graphic and older fans of the series might not like it, but it was very jente comesou playing in FF7 and want to see a remake but rather they want something like an Adventure childrem playable but I think the consoles of today still do not have the capacity to do so. As for the older fans may find that a remake FF7 would sully the name and many of them could not enjoy. I think a remake of the game would think but not enough profit in money bet fisseram FF7 in order to create a very nice story is not profit, please do not create a remake that is better not. After all the new games should not exceed the former? Create something better than FF7 could create something that surpasses it. But one thing still hope at the end of FF Crisis core Genessis is taken at the end of secret FF7 Dirge of Cerberus shows Genessis WHAT happened and it could have a continuation out, what happened during the Genessis FF7? Still a lot to explore the world of FF7, said epic battle between Jenova and the Cetra ... That's what I hope for one last epic FF continacao of FF7.
Grateful. Final Fantasy Fan Brazilian only 14 years which luckily had the opportunity to enjoy from the earliest works Final Fantasy.
I believe in you guys it will ESQUARE ENIX!

member_10074094
24th Jun 2012, 22:53
Cloud was the worst protagonist an RPG could ask for, such a whiny little child who has no sense of self.

I realize that this is a little late, but... Cloud is like that in KH, advent children, and Dissidia. His personality in FF7 is very different from that. Even when he stops imitating Zack, he just apologizes for screwing up and keeps fighting (Even while imitating, he shows other traits that Zack didn't have, at least not in Crisis Core). The whiny emo stereotype started outside of FF7. FF8's protagonist is closer to this description than Cloud, but even Squall wasn't really whiney. Cloud has evolved into something horrible, but he wasn't always like that...

Also, I can't figure this multi-quote thing out but someone mentioned that FF games are copies of past games and cited FF1 --> ff3 --> ff5, and then went far enough to say that FFT --> FF12... no. I agreed with you on the first point, but FFT is not FF12 at all. They are part of the same world, but completely different story lines, time periods, and gameplay. Its like saying Crisis Core is the same thing as FF7 and so is Dirge of Cerberus. FF1, 3, and 5 had real parralels to compare them... warriors of light saving crystals, each game with a new and improved take on class systems... FF12 and FFT have nothing in common other than the world they take place in.

as for FF7... I'd like to see a remake. of that and the other games. And then go back to playing the old ones, because I will probably be dissapointed. The graphics in ff7 are humourus, and fit the game... the rest of the compilation doesn't even feel similar to what ff7 felt like. A remake would be too similar to the compilation, and would ruin it for me.

Prefer ff9 anyways :D

Mugen_Vtec
25th Jun 2012, 23:23
Apparently, no FFVII remake until SQEX can make an FF that's better than VII.

andriasang.com/con1ny/wada_on_ffvii_rema... (http://andriasang.com/con1ny/wada_on_ffvii_remake/)

Which pretty much means Wada thinks/knows that the current FFs are not great. Which I think Wada is implying that Toriyama isn't the best person for the FF series. In that case, replace him ASAP.

member_10074587
26th Jun 2012, 02:29
gematsu.com/2012/06/wada-final-fantasy-v... (http://gematsu.com/2012/06/wada-final-fantasy-vii-remake-after-original-is-topped)
I REALLY want either Before Crisis:FF VII or Star Ocean:Blue Sphere on nintendo 3DS. You don't know how HAPPY that would make me square enix. It was me who brought the star ocean ex dama cds to youtube for everyone to enjoy /tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-smile.gif In october will take some time off from uploading to finally enjoy star ocean:the last hope on my PS3 yes I bougth on launch day February 9, 2010 but since I didn't have a HDTV at the time and due to me being near-sighted I could not enjoy the game barely put 1 hour of play time in

DarqMog
26th Jun 2012, 07:00
Agreed - I like Toriyama's work so far, but I didn't get that same feeling playing through his games as I did most previous installments.

Auron9393
26th Jun 2012, 08:46
I think in order for them to remake Final Fantasy seven, they must first remake both five and six. They showed spoofs of the new Final Fantasy 7 over five years ago but they unfortunately didnt do anything with it. I personally want them to remake six on a major console because it was overshadowed by seven's 3d graphics. Now, this does not mean that want a remake for seven becuase i think THAT WOULD BE AWESOME! Kefka is a freakin boss tho so if they turn it into a console remake and then follow with seven, they will have their two greatests final fantasys making the money they should with Luminous Graphics. I Cant wait!!!

Pikachu
26th Jun 2012, 11:43
First point: IX, XI, V:A, and VI:A have all surpassed VII.

Second point: what is he doing admitting that a game released fifteen years ago is better than all of their recent releases at a share holders meeting? Who does that? Seriously, "to make a remake of FF VII now would mean the end for FF"?

That's all I have to say about this.

MagiusNecros
26th Jun 2012, 13:24
Wada is saying current console FF's are pretty crap. You can see where I'm going with this.

Persiangato
26th Jun 2012, 13:42
I like how Wada put that.

We won't remake it until we've surpassed it current gen, otherwise, what hope would the series have if it'll never get better?

onigiri619
26th Jun 2012, 17:32
If they focused too much on remaking older titles, then focus for newer titles would be weaker. Being able to replay older games is wonderful and all, but that would undermine progress that could be put into newer titles. Some of the newer titles may have felt very lackluster or "too different" from the first ten, but in all honesty, the "different" ones like XII or XIII weren't as bad as people claimed it to be. Revisiting VII won't be bad but right now, Square Enix should focus on how to keep presenting new ideas rather than trying to rely more on older titles.

member_10628951
26th Jun 2012, 19:12
So basicly they said that a new Final Fantasy would have to surpass VII's quality in order for them to remake Final Fantasy VII.

So essentially what they are saying is that Final Fantasy Versus XII, Final Fantasy XV or beyond has to, in fans minds, be better than VII in order for them to remake the game.

Gotta say that is one of the dumbest things I have ever heard a company say. I have no doubt that Versus XIII will be amazing and that the Final Fantasy after Versus will be awesome but there are some things that will never change people's minds. Seriously Square what is your thought process with some of these games.

www.ign.com/articles/2012/06/26/square-e... (http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/06/26/square-enix-reveals-conditions-for-final-fantasy-vii-remake)

So basically guys, the next console Final Fantasy: Final Fantasy Versus XIII you need to love the game. If you love it than they will remake VII. I mean that's Squares mentality right?

member_10822883
26th Jun 2012, 19:24
I completely agree with them, actually. Wada's point is that were they to remake VII right now, it would suggest they've given up entirely on making a product better than VII. That's not a mindset a company, artist, or producer wants to carry. I'd rather see them put their effort into new releases and prove that they're still capable of making magic before they give up and devote that amount of resource into a remake.

member_10829610
26th Jun 2012, 19:31
I completely agree with them, actually. Wada's point is that were they to remake VII right now, it would suggest they've given up entirely on making a product better than VII. That's not a mindset a company, artist, or producer wants to carry. I'd rather see them put their effort into new releases and prove that they're still capable of making magic before they give up and devote that amount of resource into a remake.

^ This.

Summoner
26th Jun 2012, 19:38
Well how can you explain them remastering Final Fantasy X, if that's the logic behind why they won't remaster Final Fantasy VII?

Sefyre
26th Jun 2012, 19:38
Perhaps in a backwards manner, it actually kind of makes sense.

Basically, the whole purpose of a remake is to make it better than it was before, but if FFVII is still considered one of the absolute best games in SE history, then why remake it because then how would and could it be made better?

In that vein, if it's 'worse' than the newer games that come out, then there is a 'reason' to remake it. On the flip side, if it is always still 'better' than all the new games despite it being older, then there is less reason to remake it.

In which case, I think it's a very tall order.

Personally speaking, in terms of FF games from the FFVII era and onwards, I particularly enjoyed FFVII, FVIII, FFIX, and FFX. FFX-2 killed it for me and ever since then, I never really particularly enjoyed any of the other games that came later. This isn't to say that I didn't enjoy the games at all, but definitely not nearly as much as I loved the earlier games and I don't think it's nostalgia speaking.

I'm a major graphics, gaming, and tech-related geek; advancements in all of those areas fascinate me immensely and the newer FF games definitely delivered in all of those areas in my opinion. But as much of a fan of those things as I am, things like involved storylines and character development and depth make and break games for me and in my opinion, SE hasn't quite delivered on those accounts in their later games.

That said, hearing SE say that fans need to love their next games even more than FFVII is a major, "..." moment for me and though I have always given SE's games a chance, I have to wonder if I will ever love another SE game as much as I have loved some of their older games.

Summoner
26th Jun 2012, 19:42
To me FFXII was the last good one cause it at least had exploration and secret stuff you can find and I loved the different weapon skins and the MMO-like battle mechanics. I didn't care for the airship names and the new Espers. But I liked the Story in FFXIII but the gameplay felt like you were having your hand held the entire time cause of the battle mechanics.

Sefyre
26th Jun 2012, 19:45
Well how can you explain them remastering Final Fantasy X, if that's the logic behind why they won't remaster Final Fantasy VII?

I'm no expert so this is a bit of a shot in the dark, but FFX's graphics were of the newer generation; at the very least, it was a whole step above FFVII and half a step past FFVIII and FFIX. To remaster a game isn't - to me - quite the same as a remake as it's basically a retouching/touching up. Enhancing FFX's graphics isn't the same as enhancing FFVII's graphics as FFVII's original graphics generation is a whole step below FFX's.

Also, FFVII was/is more popular than FFX and it is also SE's most popular game which has spawned off other related games and movies like Before Crisis, Crisis Core, and Advent Children. In their museum, there is no humongous statue of Tidus or Yuna, but there IS a lifesize statue of 'Sephiroth'.

member_10628951
26th Jun 2012, 20:04
I pray for Versus XIII and XV to be the best Final Fantasy's. So that way I can get some great Final Fantasy's and get my Kingdom Hearts 3 and Final Fantasy VII remake.

Summoner
26th Jun 2012, 20:09
FFVII was a great game, but I still loved FFVIII more tho lol.

member_10628951
26th Jun 2012, 21:15
FFVII was a great game, but I still loved FFVIII more tho lol.

Hell Yeah! I loved VIII. It was my first Final Fantasy game I played. I still personally like X the most.

Summoner
26th Jun 2012, 21:22
I enjoyed X for it's battle mechanics and I loved the sphere grid, also the summoning was awesome.

Bhalditar
26th Jun 2012, 21:41
As much as I would love a remake of Final Fantasy VII -- I'll take a new Final Fantasy that can be just as good if not better.

Doing new things is what made this series great.

member_10628951
26th Jun 2012, 21:55
As much as I would love a remake of Final Fantasy VII -- I'll take a new Final Fantasy that can be just as good if not better.

Doing new things is what made this series great.

I agree! Which is why I cannot wait for Versus XIII! I get a very strong Final Fantasy VII vibe everytime I see a trailer from Versus XIII.

I am entirely too excited about that game.

Sefyre
26th Jun 2012, 22:04
I've enjoyed other later SE games very much; it would be really awesome to love another FF game as much as I have loved other previous games for sure.

Summoner
26th Jun 2012, 22:11
I get a tingly feeling when I watch trailers of XIII: Versus. lol

member_10770952
26th Jun 2012, 22:33
I enjoyed X for it's battle mechanics and I loved the sphere grid, also the summoning was awesome.

the sphere grid was tough in my opioion.

Sefyre
26th Jun 2012, 22:40
the sphere grid was tough in my opioion.

Personally speaking, I found it challenging myself, but thought that it was also an innovative way to do things which made me enjoy the gameplay mechanics more. :)

Using pins and fashion trends as part of gameplay in The World Ends With You was a unique way, too, and though it was definitely challenging at times to try and figure out how to evolve pins and such, it was definitely something different.

member_10770952
26th Jun 2012, 22:50
..ok....

DamienDarke
26th Jun 2012, 23:44
As much as I would love a remake of Final Fantasy VII -- I'll take a new Final Fantasy that can be just as good if not better.Doing new things is what made this series great.
I agree! Which is why I cannot wait for Versus XIII! I get a very strong Final Fantasy VII vibe everytime I see a trailer from Versus XIII.I am entirely too excited about that game.

FFVXIII is supposed to be the most unique FF game in the franchise. SE said that it would be their darkest game yet. It also has several new, unique features, so I wouldn't say that its reminiscent of FFVII in any way.

member_10074587
27th Jun 2012, 01:13
I think in order for them to remake Final Fantasy seven, they must first remake both five and six. They showed spoofs of the new Final Fantasy 7 over five years ago but they unfortunately didnt do anything with it. I personally want them to remake six on a major console because it was overshadowed by seven's 3d graphics. Now, this does not mean that want a remake for seven becuase i think THAT WOULD BE AWESOME! Kefka is a freakin boss tho so if they turn it into a console remake and then follow with seven, they will have their two greatests final fantasys making the money they should with Luminous Graphics. I Cant wait!!!

there has been some talk of remaking V & VI for nintendo 3DS but nothing is confirmed right now

www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/10164... (http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/101648-Square-Considering-Final-Fantasy-V-VI-Remakes-On-3DS)

DerekMaverick
27th Jun 2012, 10:12
I found there comment a little disheartening. VII was the 4th FF game I ever played. I thoroughly enjoyed it, but it was never my favorite. I enjoyed it's predecessors X and XIII to be much more enjoyable games. So when I heard that Square didn't think that any of their later games surpassed VII it gave me the impression that they thought they had made inferior games and felt like they were lacking motivation to make a good game.

ShinGundam
27th Jun 2012, 12:06
I found there comment a little disheartening. VII was the 4th FF game I ever played. I thoroughly enjoyed it, but it was never my favorite. I enjoyed it's predecessors X and XIII to be much more enjoyable games. So when I heard that Square didn't think that any of their later games surpassed VII it gave me the impression that they thought they had made inferior games and felt like they were lacking motivation to make a good game.

It is all about legacy, FF became a prisoner of that. As disheartening as it sounds, he speaks the truth.

KeiichiMorisato98
27th Jun 2012, 12:23
Perhaps in a backwards manner, it actually kind of makes sense.

Basically, the whole purpose of a remake is to make it better than it was before, but if FFVII is still considered one of the absolute best games in SE history, then why remake it because then how would and could it be made better?

In that vein, if it's 'worse' than the newer games that come out, then there is a 'reason' to remake it. On the flip side, if it is always still 'better' than all the new games despite it being older, then there is less reason to remake it.

In which case, I think it's a very tall order.

Personally speaking, in terms of FF games from the FFVII era and onwards, I particularly enjoyed FFVII, FVIII, FFIX, and FFX. FFX-2 killed it for me and ever since then, I never really particularly enjoyed any of the other games that came later. This isn't to say that I didn't enjoy the games at all, but definitely not nearly as much as I loved the earlier games and I don't think it's nostalgia speaking.

I'm a major graphics, gaming, and tech-related geek; advancements in all of those areas fascinate me immensely and the newer FF games definitely delivered in all of those areas in my opinion. But as much of a fan of those things as I am, things like involved storylines and character development and depth make and break games for me and in my opinion, SE hasn't quite delivered on those accounts in their later games.

That said, hearing SE say that fans need to love their next games even more than FFVII is a major, "..." moment for me and though I have always given SE's games a chance, I have to wonder if I will ever love another SE game as much as I have loved some of their older games.

do you like the KH games? so far the KH games all have blown me out of the water in terms of story and character development. though i agree having the games on so many different platforms and forcing the player to play them in order to understand the story is kinda ridiculous but hey the games are still enjoyable so i dont really care a whole lot. though i do agree ever since they ditched what made final fantasy "final fantasy" when they made FFX i havent nearly enjoyed it as much as i would love to. well heres hope that ni no kuni does well enough to show that people still care for games like it. that has sort of been my dream FF game for it to be as big and have a compelling story like the OLD FF games but to be in spectactular 3D like ni no kuni. i love turn based combat and i wish it would return to consols and not just be on handhelds.

member_10628951
27th Jun 2012, 12:37
@Keichi
I am way too much of an anime nerd and I apologize but is your name supposed to be "Kenichi"?

I love that show way too much Xp.

KeiichiMorisato98
27th Jun 2012, 12:37

It is all about legacy, FF became a prisoner of that. As disheartening as it sounds, he speaks the truth.

then they should do something to better thier games i would perfer if FF was the same as it was then well more or less new ideas are nice but the radical changes theyve introduced makes FF no longer FF. what they need to do is either reboot the series after 10 or so years of no FF games at all (besides KH) and reboot it afterwards or they need to go back to basics of what made FF famous in the first place, and bring those elements back. in the end for me i care most about the story than bland turn based combat (of which i actually enjoy) they keep trying to apeal to western fans who have incredibly short attention spans than they are about making a great game with a really good story (btw i have extream ADHD so short attention spans to me isnt a good exscuse as to why someone cant focus on something long enough to read and learn or whatever) either way they have been listening to the fans and nobs who want them to change the game radically because FF has become stale or whatever they want to call it because they havent changed a whole lot. i wish square would take a page from game freak because the pokèmon franchise has stayed more or less exactly the same over the years and when they did any major changes it either went a long with what was already established or it was a spin off title. i personally would have no fault with pokemon if only the games had more focus on plot rather than simply collecting and battling them. i wish nintendo would listne to me about the zelda franchise as well, becuase as i said the game is perfectly fine the way it is and any major changes to the formula should complement the already existing formula of the game, becuase there are fanboys who think zelda is too samey but when i think about it the zelda franchise has always tried something radically different becuase they each have thier own flavor. in getting on tangent here, what this all boils down is that the franchise should stay the same as its early days (more or less) but try to include better and better story because THAT is why i play Final Fantasy, if i wanted fast paced combat and what not i wouldnt be playing Final Fantay.

DerekMaverick
27th Jun 2012, 20:44
@Kelchl

When it comes to FF it really is just a matter of opinion. Many might agree or disagree with you. Some could say VI was on a higher calibur of quality then VII was, others could say that VIII,IX,X,XII, or XIII have already surpassed it in countless ways. I think this was a silly comment of theirs to make, while others can disagree or agree it's boundless and will happen, but they put themselves in a situation in which after every numbered entry they don't make a remake of VII people will just think that it was an inferior FF.

MagiusNecros
27th Jun 2012, 23:22
The quality of games from the PS1 era from Square has been left barren for a long time. That was when they took risks and poured their heart into a game. That is very rare to see now.

Grimoire
28th Jun 2012, 06:29
Follow-up by Toriyama
andriasang.com/con1pj/toriyama_gdc/ (http://andriasang.com/con1pj/toriyama_gdc/)
"...Toriyama's presentation ended not with Final Fantasy XIII or XIII-2, but with Final Fantasy VII. During a Q&A session, an attendee asked when a Final Fantasy VII remake will be released. Toriyama replied by mentioning the recent quote from Square Enix CEO Yoichi Wada (http://andriasang.com/con1ny/wada_on_ffvii_remake/) saying that Square Enix won't make an FFVII remake until they've made a game that surpasses FFVII. He joked, "As a creator, there's a bit in there that I can't agree with."

matty8756
28th Jun 2012, 08:43
bad idea want to know why? square is changeing final fantasy a little to much. wheres the world map? wheres the towns and shops? where are the random caves u wonder in to find a new summon or wepon? square that plus story and music is what made final fantasy so amazing. and the route there going we may never see a remake if they keep going the way they are cauz to me after final fantasy IX it started going down hill. btw my favorite was actually IV

member_10628951
28th Jun 2012, 14:52
Can we just get info and a release date on Versus?..... Please.

ZackBalboa
28th Jun 2012, 18:56
Wada is saying current console FF's are pretty crap. You can see where I'm going with this.

Yep. I see what he did there.

Pikachu
29th Jun 2012, 13:48
At some point, not enough people will care about Final Fantasy VII and they will have lost their biggest opportunity to remake it.

Mugen_Vtec
29th Jun 2012, 16:44
At some point, not enough people will care about Final Fantasy VII and they will have lost their biggest opportunity to remake it.

Seriously, imagine the millions of people who are waiting for a FFVII remake, and the instant crap load of money SQEX would make. From a business perspective, I can't see the reason why they won't go through with it already.

PAT2K9
29th Jun 2012, 17:07
I'll be more than happy to take any Final Fantasy thrown at me. New, old HD remake... They all make me happy.

draxas
30th Jun 2012, 09:20
it would be more easy to let some modders do that work für them....
lets take the Crisis core skins and the advanet children skins and screw them in the old one..why not?

do u need voices?

i dont need that..and the mp3 mod for final fantsy 7 pc also work since years....
they dont have to end the FF saga and we have a "remake"...or something like that ;)

Castiel
4th Jul 2012, 19:22
They'll never remake VII. And you know what? Good for them. I'd rather them create new titles and ideas than recycle old ones.

marionintendo
4th Jul 2012, 19:51
I had to post this video somewhere so that someone knows how I feel about this whole situation.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJhlBiSX3BY&feat... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJhlBiSX3BY&feature=context-vrec)

member_10738698
5th Jul 2012, 13:40
I have been a long standing FF fan and played every installment past FFVII. Recently, I downloaded VI off the PSN to start my forray into, from what I understand, is competitor for best FF ever created. I will say that I am disappointed with their most recent installments. XIII and XIII-2 I didn't even bother buying, just played with a friend's copy of each. Although I loved the graphics, and the battle system was innovative for FF, there was just something missing. For me, it was characters you could really care about and a story that really enveloped you. Characters that had more than just 1 dimension to them. Part of me understands what Squeenix is doing, but I share the opinion of many of you out there that the games were just better when it was Square soft who produced the games.

What I want to know is if Square Enix is really listening? As a consumer, I am concerned. Cause from threads I've been reading and many comments being posted (one many different websites) what we, the fans, want most is a truly mature FF. Something grand, remenicent of a time when JRPG's were a powerhouse in the gaming community. The majority seem to want a remake of FFVII (which I would like to see as much as anyone else), Kingdom Hearts 3 (though not an overly mature game, but is grand and like most cartoons have something included that adults can really relate to), and VXIII/XV . . . whichever title they go with.

I whole heartedly agree that they need to invest in new games and spend their energies there, but when you look at the what everyone is clamoring for I have to wonder what they are thinking. Can anyone, not just speculate, but actually answer this question? Right now I still have hope that I will see the games that I want cause FF was half the reason I bought a PS3, FFs having been sony exclusives since VII (for the most part). Sadly, I don't even own a current gen installment. I won't lose faith; not yet, but as a consumer I want to know they are listening. Does anyone else agree with me?

ImmortalStrain
5th Jul 2012, 13:40
I personally will, and have purchased, every single final fantasy game. They are all good in their own respects.

If they remade them I would still buy them with great joy, but I much more prefer to get new characters and story lines. I can see where everyone is coming from on having a remake, but why would you not want new characters and mechanics.

I also think that XIII and XIII-2 are some of the best final fantasy games to date. The amount of thought and programming that went into the battle system is INSAINE, the story is interesting, and it has deep character development. Anyone who does not see that obviously does not have full respect what it takes to make a game. Though I&rsquo;m into programming so I see the amount of work they put in.

member_10628951
6th Jul 2012, 11:21
As a programmer/designer I can tell you that a lot (read: INSANE) of programming goes into every game. Even the bad ones. Just because a lot of work goes into something doesn't always translate into a good game. Good games are born from passion from the development team and having members who want to flesh out stories and gameplay. Tuning gameplay so that way it doesn't get ripped open by players so they can breeze by.

While XIII and XIII-2 had a lot of work done on them doesn't exactly make them great games. You follow? Lol.

ImmortalStrain
6th Jul 2012, 13:02
As a programmer/designer I can tell you that a lot (read: INSANE) of programming goes into every game. Even the bad ones. Just because a lot of work goes into something doesn't always translate into a good game. Good games are born from passion from the development team and having members who want to flesh out stories and game play. Tuning game play so that way it doesn't get ripped open by players so they can breeze by. While XIII and XIII-2 had a lot of work done on them doesn't exactly make them great games. You follow? Lol.

Though I agree that every game has a lot of programming I was specifically talking about XIII and XIII-2's battle system. It's phenomenal. The chaining system combined with paradigm shifts show not only dedication, but passion in delivering something fresh to FF fans. They then made it more incredible by adding in variable monsters with different stats, abilities, and roles.

It's simply amazing how smoothly battles in these two games are. In fact some could say that is why it may feel less engaging.

All I'm saying is I can see exactly what Square wanted to do with these games and I think they absolutely succeeded in delivering something great.

member_10628951
7th Jul 2012, 13:00
And I totally respect your opinion. If you liked the games than more power to you, am I right? I have stated my position a billion times and stating it again would just make more people think I am a troll so... plus I hate repeating myself LOL ;).

I am glad some people liked the game. At least it hooked you and that's all a developer could ask for.

InFriNiTee
7th Jul 2012, 16:36
FFVII was one of the best in my humble opinion. I will be buying the remake of the pc version, whether they update the character models or not.

With that being said, I hope they will take the time/effort to add HD models along with the resolution being upped. It was and still is one of the most memorable games I've ever played.

member_10008313
7th Jul 2012, 17:02
I would personally be happy with a remake but all this ......teasing of a remake killed it for me. SE will use this excuse so often that I am physically sick.

member_10487638
7th Jul 2012, 18:40
I would love a FFVII remake, I would also love An FFVI remake. You know what?

I want every single game up until XIII Remade with current gen graphics.

the feasability of these is tough though. FFVII would require alot of new content, XII, not so much, Same with X.

Pre-VII You are looking at a whole new level of character/environment design as well.

I would honestly just like them all remade, but I know it will come down to someones decision that is not mine.

If I had to choose, I would rather they focus on creating an FF that doesn't have so many flaws. If they remade VII I bet you 50% of fans would gripe that they ruined it. Give me a new Quality FF over a remake any day.

As for the Subj. of the post. FFVII IS the greatest FF of all time, if you dont agree; You didn't play it through. If you played it through, you didnt understand it. if you understood it, you just didn't like it. If you just didn't like it. Fine by me, I do. it was not Easy, Cloud was not Shallow, It was so original it redefined RPGs for the entire world. Certain people do not like things because they are incredibly popular. If you played it recently and not for the first time when it was released in NA on the PSX, you have a very different veiw on things. 3D changed the entire atmosphere of the FF universe. I don't care if you dislike VII there are few FF incarnations I do not like, I bet you would have an issue with those though. No sense in attacking the game, or the characters or the person who fell in love with the game. Your favourite FF sucks just as much as mine.

member_10078668
13th Jul 2012, 04:19
As a fellow FFVII fan, I still say no to a remake. There are a bunch of scenes in the game I don't ever want to see in Advent Children graphics (i.e Honeybee, Hojo on the beach, etc.) Also, they would totally cop out on cutscenes by recycling stuff from Crisis Core, Dirge of Cerberus, and Advent Children anyhow.

No, thanks.

WorstBirthdayEver
13th Jul 2012, 19:12
I find it quite redundant that people still expect a remake of this game. Not simply because it's desired, more than the truth that if it were made to the visual quality of the current games - who knows how many DVD or Blu-Ray discs it would span across. It's like buying a 25 year old car for the price of it new because it has new layers of paint and clearcoat with bigger wheels and skinnier tires. Kitase said it's unrealistic for that very reason. Fans don't seem to understand just how massive FF7 is compared to FF13. Though it's yet to be determined, 13 probably isn't larger than 7 on paper.

If you want to be realistic about this game being remade from the ground up, don't expect it happening any time soon... at least not on a console. Square still needs to figure out how to make non-linear FF games on the current consoles when the next console is right around the corner, and who knows if the technology is in their favor for something outside of graphics?

Azure
14th Jul 2012, 01:09
I don't need a fully remake . Just do like Final Fantasy IV complete collection is enough for a Overrated title

Summerrain
14th Jul 2012, 03:41
They should make a follow up focusing on another character like yuffie. I mean hello!! She is the daughter of a ruler. I can only imagine what square will come with. The country's being invaded again, the characters are much older know, yuffie who was once known as a brat has to start taking on major responsibility. I think the limelight needs to be shined upon the minor characters like CID and Barrett. Idk maybe I'm being foolish. -.- it would be nice to see how they would try and reunite the gang though..:(

Azure
14th Jul 2012, 04:41
They should make a follow up focusing on another character like yuffie. I mean hello!! She is the daughter of a ruler. I can only imagine what square will come with. The country's being invaded again, the characters are much older know, yuffie who was once known as a brat has to start taking on major responsibility. I think the limelight needs to be shined upon the minor characters like CID and Barrett. Idk maybe I'm being foolish. -.- it would be nice to see how they would try and reunite the gang though..:(

We don't need another Sequel

member_10105438
14th Jul 2012, 21:27
I love 7 it wasnt my first rpg but in all the one i do own and have played it is my favorite and i think it holds up to some games now, i mean story and stuff, what i would liike to see is not a full blown remake but an upgrade would be be what i want to say update the graphics music and have some voice overs like the cast from FF7AC maybe a few new weapons and bosses few secrets here and there stuff like that, but thats just my opinon and would like to know what it would take to do it.

Oh and i would also like to see the cell phone games and stuff we really didnt get in the states or that were on like phones or pc stuff to be on a disc or out for dlc or even as unlockables in a game.

Thanks

bigwill1023
22nd Jul 2012, 19:19
You know... I hope the people in charge get these kind of messages. Because it is the gamers like us who have the ULTIMATE say on what should be in a game because we are the ones that would be buying the game. If Square Enix wants to make a game that surpasses FF7, then they need to really listen to what we have to say... Now onto the subject at hand....

Heres the thing that Square Enix needs to realize... If You guys wanna make a game that will "Surpass" the original FF7, then you need to think about the things that made FF7 so great, and UTILIZE IT. Stop going in different directions that takes the play away from the gamer. Heres some things that I personally seen from Playing 13 compared to 7. I am comparing to 13 because that is the latest MAJOR game that they made. 13-2 is an extension so it dont count...

1. - LEVELING UP -
FINAL FANTASY 7 : When you Level up, it equals everything out. Giving you the ability to better fight in battles. And it took a lot to level up. You didnt even reach high levels unless you fight over and over and over to train... You reach Junion, (which is a somewhat good distance) and your still only at HP about average 600.

FINAL FANTASY 13: You level up using that crysal menu... You can only level up status instead of actual Level. Also, One thing i really didnt like was how it went from 5-10 pts here n there and all of a sudden, it jumps to 30 or such for each status... Your basically jumping in skill 3x in a really short while. It made No sense...

2. - BATTLE SYSTEM -
FINAL FANTASY 7 : We were able to control what each person did. If we wanted fire, Everyone could cast fire. If we wanted to mix fire and attacks at same time. We can do it in a snap... The Materia gave the characters limitations on what they can or cannot accomplish during battle. It also made it feel more human. Not everyone wants to play with characters that is super human strength...

FINAL FANTASY 13: The layout they did for this game made no sense at all. You could only be either an attacker or a magic at a time... Where is the fun in that... Not only did you have to continuously change from Attachers to Healers because you cant control the other people, but the game moves so fast that it at times can be hard to understand...

3. - WORLD MAP -
FINAL FANTASY 7: I loved the world map idea, and im sure most other people did too. You got to move around the world. granted there were little number of cities, but it was the 1990's... We have so much technical ability now, we can make a game that has a world map and dozens of cities. Remember, the FF7 world is poor. Add cities to the Wutai area, Add cities near and arround Midgar and Junion Areas.

FINAL FANTASY 10 and 13: Granted I loved FF10, but the choosing the destination from a list? come on... One of the best parts of 7 was the world map... You could fly to any destination you wanted, and its actually you flying... Not some list from a display... If you remade FF7, you can have a world map that doesnt look so small... Just add some details and extra cities to it...

4. - STORY THROUGH THE GAME -
FINAL FANTASY 7: Because of the Materia, it made everyone Equal. Each person had thier own magic and attack. Not only that, but everyone in 7 and 10 stayed together. It kept the story on a single path. Plus if you think about it, the entire story is caused by 1 man's selfish ambitions... Hojo's...

FINAL FANTASY 10: I think 10's story was great... Not really any complaints about the story. It even made sense to me that each person had thier own special skill... You couldnt change that. That felt more "Human" to me.

FINAL FANTASY 13: The story was all over the place... Not only were characters switching back and forth across distances, but it made the story confusing so much... unlike 7 and 10's paths on a single line, 13 was in 2-3 different lines and Finally connected to 1 after a long while... It made it way too confusing to me and many others ive talked too...

So to Square Enix... You say you dont want to make a FF7 remake until you best the original... Take a look at the games you are making compared to the games of the past. Granted we got more graphic power, so you want to utilize it as much as possible, but there is a point when you go too far with the graphics and make it harder to fit a story to it. Utilize the things that made FF7 so popular into the current games you are making right now.

Also, think of it from a historical standpoint too... FF7 was the FIRST RPG game to introduce not only the 3d graphic world, but it gave the most powerful enemy out of all the FF series games. You had 3 different Final Boss Fights you had to go through before beating the game. No other game before 7 did that. So that put a lot of WOW into the game... People now adays who never played 7 think its like whatever, well I tell you this... That game is the REASON modern day FF games have 2-3 final boss fights.

AshleyMokona
26th Jul 2012, 19:55
I do want a remake for ff7 as well, but to remake ff7....that would require lots of time though ><; maybe years....

new_tradition
6th Aug 2012, 22:47
In my opinion, a FFVII remake is S-E's ace in the hole. It's something they can either push out for some immediate cash flood, or something they can just hang onto when they have nothing else to offer up in an upcoming gaming year or something. That's why I won't hold my breath for a TBA. They could remake 5 and 6 and just skip over 7 if they wanted to and continue onto 8 and 9. They could give the excuse that they need to finish the FFVII story and are creating a new installment/s (which btw, is actually what I'm looking forward to first before they make a remake)

As for reception, it doesn't matter how much a FFVII remake disappoints or ends up sucking, the fact is that it will sell out so much that just the day 1 sales will be enough. I doubt S-E will care much about how much outrage fans have after they bought the game.

Plus, regardless of expectation, the game will be decent enough to get an average ranking atleast, which is what any game really needs.

On the remake itself: I believe we should expect several story changes, or at least several additions. If that is gonna piss people off for some reason, then I dunno what to say...

member_10423957
13th Aug 2012, 12:44
Of course this is the 100 millionth post about a ff7 remake that Square is so blind to see. Ever since Squaresoft merged to become Square-Enix, I and others have lost faith in the Final Fantasy franchise.

Square recently announced that they are waiting for a game to "top the company's landmark original PS effort," which I'm not even hearing of anything that will tear the industry a new one (and we all know an ff7 remake/sequel would accomplish just that).

The reason ff7 was such a legendary game:

- Amazing plot, nuff said.

- Characters were not only cool but people you actually cared for (ie, Aeris... several attempts to try to revive her or keep her... consider it in the remake or sequel to bring her back or at least mention her)

- Sephiroth was a true villian/badass. Unlike the Bosses you think can compare, Sephiroth takes the cake on #1 boss of all time. I still see him brought up in surveys about who was the best boss of any game and he is always top 5.

- free-roam the world... i don't like linear games very often because when you're done, you're done. I went back through the entire map several times in ff7 to find more goodies, leveling up until i had an hp of 9999 and accomplish more quests (the chocobos abilities like how certain ones could venture to certain parts of the world was a fun sidequest).

- the materia system was on point. i don't remember a magic/leveling system being as easy and logical as that.

- the battle system, this is a tough one because ff7's ATB approach seemed oldschool but it definitely got the job done. I liked controlling all of my characters and it should always be that way.

- the soundtrack... i don't remember any of the tracks from ffIX - ffXIII but ffVII? I still listen to Nobuo Uematsu. I normally find myself listening to my music while playing games but FFVII gave me a reason not to.

- Other things to consider and add more content about: Black materia/new materia, maybe new ultimate weapons, back-stories to all the important characters (Vincent had a great sequel)

Face it Square you did this game right. So why are you ignoring this golden opportunity when 50% of the game is already laid out right in-front of you? You have a very large fan-base requesting this game and several gaming companies are laughing at you ignoring this perfect opportunity to remain in the industry at least for another five years (given the revenue you can generate with DLC and merchandise only from this game).

Keep in mind ffVII was several years ago, your fan-base for this game is a lot older and they will spread the word around the globe. I got ff7 due to my brothers telling me how awesome the ff franchise was and they WERE right.

I hope this post does not get ignored like all the others and I hope to hear very soon about an FF7 remake/sequel as I have already waited about 15 years.

PS: stop making the main characters girls. I love girls but Cloud and Squall were your coolest. Making several characters girls only turned this franchise into one only geared towards females and lemme tell ya, girls don't like video games as much as guys.

Persiangato
13th Aug 2012, 13:20
I agree, but you should read this www.computerandvideogames.com/327700/fin... (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/327700/final-fantasy-vii-remake-would-take-too-long-square/) and then compare FF7 to FF13 to better understand the article. Regarding your post script, I'm sure they appreciate the feedback.

member_10027098
13th Aug 2012, 15:05
I can't say I agree with you. At all, really.

It seems like the main thing you want are HD graphics. Why else would a game like Final Fantasy VII need a remake? You present only one other thing, and that's small additions like new materia and expanded character backgrounds. These, however, hardly warrant a remake. Is a re-release on PC not good enough? It doesn't need anything else if you give it as much praise as you do.

Your argument about the ATB system seems a little flawed. You mention that it was old-school but got the job done. Over 15 years later, you could consider it ancient. By this logic, the ATB system, if included in a remake, would be horrendous and unwanted. Still, I can tell you would enjoy it. Why even talk down the ATB system's age if your opinion on this would not change how you would feel about it in a remake?

Your PS is a joke. It's rather inconsiderate and rude of you to say. I really don't have anything else to say about it.

Zeroandx
13th Aug 2012, 16:19
Like Perslangato pointed out, they said they wouldent remake 7 beacuse it would take too long.

I also think more recently they also said that they would only remake 7 if the current FF games surpassed it in terms of popularity. Dont quote me on that tough.

member_10815716
13th Aug 2012, 16:28
Of course this is the 100 millionth post about a ff7 remake that Square is so blind to see. Ever since Squaresoft merged to become Square-Enix, I and others have lost faith in the Final Fantasy franchise.

Square recently announced that they are waiting for a game to "top the company's landmark original PS effort," which I'm not even hearing of anything that will tear the industry a new one (and we all know an ff7 remake/sequel would accomplish just that).

The reason ff7 was such a legendary game:

- Amazing plot, nuff said.

- Characters were not only cool but people you actually cared for (ie, Aeris... several attempts to try to revive her or keep her... consider it in the remake or sequel to bring her back or at least mention her)

- Sephiroth was a true villian/badass. Unlike the Bosses you think can compare, Sephiroth takes the cake on #1 boss of all time. I still see him brought up in surveys about who was the best boss of any game and he is always top 5.

- free-roam the world... i don't like linear games very often because when you're done, you're done. I went back through the entire map several times in ff7 to find more goodies, leveling up until i had an hp of 9999 and accomplish more quests (the chocobos abilities like how certain ones could venture to certain parts of the world was a fun sidequest).

- the materia system was on point. i don't remember a magic/leveling system being as easy and logical as that.

- the battle system, this is a tough one because ff7's ATB approach seemed oldschool but it definitely got the job done. I liked controlling all of my characters and it should always be that way.

- the soundtrack... i don't remember any of the tracks from ffIX - ffXIII but ffVII? I still listen to Nobuo Uematsu. I normally find myself listening to my music while playing games but FFVII gave me a reason not to.

- Other things to consider and add more content about: Black materia/new materia, maybe new ultimate weapons, back-stories to all the important characters (Vincent had a great sequel)

Face it Square you did this game right. So why are you ignoring this golden opportunity when 50% of the game is already laid out right in-front of you? You have a very large fan-base requesting this game and several gaming companies are laughing at you ignoring this perfect opportunity to remain in the industry at least for another five years (given the revenue you can generate with DLC and merchandise only from this game).

Keep in mind ffVII was several years ago, your fan-base for this game is a lot older and they will spread the word around the globe. I got ff7 due to my brothers telling me how awesome the ff franchise was and they WERE right.

I hope this post does not get ignored like all the others and I hope to hear very soon about an FF7 remake/sequel as I have already waited about 15 years.

PS: stop making the main characters girls. I love girls but Cloud and Squall were your coolest. Making several characters girls only turned this franchise into one only geared towards females and lemme tell ya, girls don't like video games as much as guys.

I think they should use X battle system.

member_10074094
13th Aug 2012, 17:20
Don't fix what isn't broken.

The game is fine as it is. If anything, keep releasing it on newer consoles with only touch-ups to better fit the resolutions of today's tvs and monitors. Do the same to the other games. Keep the series readily available to the current generations, at very little cost, and they will continue to make you money, without ruining what made them good to begin with.

now I wish we would get a 2d version of ff3 state side... and maybe have all 9 of the old games available for download, on all consoles and pc's.

member_10822883
14th Aug 2012, 05:40

The logic is just fascinating.

VileEighty
14th Aug 2012, 11:07
You don't remember any of the soundtracks from IX to XIII? Beatrix's Theme? Melodies of Life? Hymn of the Fayth? Federation of Windurst? Blinded by Light?

Part of me is thinking you must really hate music, but I'm assuming it's just raucous ignorance.

Your kind of idealist, selfish thinking is what helps companies run themselves into the ground. There are far more considerations that go into these things than your individual wants. Who could forget such memorable, business-savvy decisions to video game making such as "Sephiroth was a true villian/badass" and " Characters were not only cool but people you actually cared for"?

Consider this: aside from the possible financial backlash of remaking the game in it's entirety from the ground up, Squaresoft created a game of legend. Did it ever occur to you that maybe - just maybe - they're a little terrified of ruining this status and would rather keep it the way it is? Probably not, because you want "... Aeris... several attempts to try to revive her or keep her... consider it in the remake or sequel to bring her back or at least mention her." Not like that would ruin the entire VII continuity, right? Amazing plot, nuff said?

Puke.

FF7-2012
14th Aug 2012, 11:48
I'm 27 years old. Metal Gear Solid and FF7 were my 1st games that I have ever bought for playstation.

We DON'T want a re-release with poor graphics. What we want is a HD REMAKE OF FINAL FANTASY 7.

We have been talking about this for ages and Square-Enix just won't listen. Why????

I'm not buying this re-release with out-dated graphics, even if it looks just a little better. It's still not up to par with these new games.

You might get-by with this new generation of kids but not with us older users. You just don't listen.

ps: STOP making the main characters girly. If the main character is a male then make him look like a MAN!

member_10718990
14th Aug 2012, 12:24
I kinda agree with you, but I think old games have to stay old, originaly how they were.

FF7-2012
14th Aug 2012, 12:33
All we want is a HD remake of the original game. Nothing new at all. Same Storyline, same battle system same everything but with updated graphics. I feel like Square-Enix is jerking us around with this re-release.

member_10718990
14th Aug 2012, 12:40
Not only you!

member_10617557
14th Aug 2012, 13:06
They said awhile back they don't want to do it until they ahve another rpg as successful as VII was, which is understandable. Judging how after 9 they started getting pretty ****.

FF7-2012
14th Aug 2012, 14:06
IF that's the case then they will NEVER come out with a FF7 HD. I'm really starting to believe that Square-Enix is delusional.

member_10617557
14th Aug 2012, 14:14
I'd find you the link, it was posted on XIV official lodestone forum a couple months back, but i'm busy spamming the shopping cart T_T

FF7-2012
14th Aug 2012, 14:20
I think what they are saying is buy a lot of copies of the new FF game and we will give you a HD remake. They are money hungry

You can't outsell FF7 - 10 million copies. I REALLY wish they would come out with another classic game.

Final Fantasy 9 was classic too, I replayed it this year.

Blacktung
14th Aug 2012, 14:28
Square-Enix already announced that they had no intention of ever remastering FF7 until they were able to create a Final Fantasy game that was as good or better than it.

CCTzer
14th Aug 2012, 14:54
idk, those were my first games too, but I still bought it and have been playing it and love every minute of it....

member_10617557
14th Aug 2012, 14:57
I think what they are saying is buy a lot of copies of the new FF game and we will give you a HD remake. They are money hungry

You can't outsell FF7 - 10 million copies. I REALLY wish they would come out with another classic game.

Final Fantasy 9 was classic too, I replayed it this year.

OR they are saying they don't want to be that company who hasn't had the same success in multiple years and only option is too re-do something people already like. A pride kind of thing, it depends on how you look at it really.

jquinby
14th Aug 2012, 15:07
Square-Enix already announced that they had no intention of ever remastering FF7 until they were able to create a Final Fantasy game that was as good or better than it.

FFIX is vastly superior to FFVIII in every way. How about they remake IX instead? I would be all over that (IX is my favorite).

zim
28th Aug 2012, 19:01
FF7 - remake
and FF8

Just wondering if these games will come to steam EU or not, cause from reading these forum, square enix cant provide working downloads etc problems with their downloads version so im not going to buy unless it gets on steam so I can buy it safe and secure, in worst case download the games from a torrent, due to im not gonna let some major company scam me out of money.
<a href="http://store.steampowered.com/">
store.steampowered.com/ (http://store.steampowered.com/)</a>

AyaFarron
28th Aug 2012, 21:00
There isn't going to be a ff7 remake.

However, I doubt it will go on Steam.

member_10239333
28th Aug 2012, 22:35
Hopefully they´ll consider using Steam to get more sales but I think its going to take quite a while for them to do that.

amberfire365
28th Aug 2012, 22:52
I highly doubt that it will be on Steam, but it would be better for SE to use Steam since whatever company they did use is or was not doing too great of a job with the launch and Square really should have used Steam from day one of the launch. They did it with Quantum Conundrum they certainly could have done it for the relaunch of FFVII's PC version.

akjhu_
5th Sep 2012, 08:25
After three weeks of fighting with square and digital river I finally was able to play FF7, and I must say, it was well worth it. Thanks, square, for putting this together. I can only imagine many others are still having trouble but I hope that doesn't discourage you great folks from doing the same thing with XENOGEARS........pretty pretty pretty please??

PhilippTot0
5th Sep 2012, 09:53
Friend, please, for Christ 'sake, how did you manage to download the FFVII? And how do I send an email to Square Enix to find out WHAT SHOULD I DO TO BE ABLE TO PLAY WHAT I PAID FFVII?

kidamnesiac
5th Sep 2012, 09:58
Same question, how do I play the game I just paid for? this is ridiculous.

jtrichilo
5th Sep 2012, 09:58
yeah this is ****ing terrible. i have no idea where or how to download the game. what a **** site.

Grimoire
5th Sep 2012, 10:01
Unless you are going to talk about PC downloads in general...

I would like to remind you that there is a search function in the upper right corner of this page. It can't be overused.

Questions about [FINAL FANTASY VII] belong in the following forum:

[FINAL FANTASY VII PC Technical Issues and Support Forum]

na.square-enix.com/go/forum/view/139347/... (/go/forum/view/139347/236247/final_fantasy_vii_pc_technical_issues_and_support_forum)

akjhu_
5th Sep 2012, 10:05
Unfortunately, I can't offer much help, as I was able to download my copy in a fairly straightforward manner off the site after my purchase. If you have paid and been charged I imagine square will tell you to contact digital river support. They gave me what I needed fairly quickly and easily, and their email support seems quite responsive. Basically you download digital rivers download manager then you download the ffvii files so in sure you are gonna have to go through digital river.

no0b3h
5th Sep 2012, 12:45
Yeah I ordered a few hours ago and wasn't able to download so a waited a few because sometimes it takes awhile to process. The download link is still greyed out for me as of right now =/ I contacted support and now I'm waiting for a response.

JakeVII25
9th Sep 2012, 07:08
There will be a FFVII remake... in the future. I doubt it will be on the PC/Steam... because of piracy. Maybe a year later.

Grimoire
9th Sep 2012, 07:38
Wada: "We will not remake FFVII until we have made a game that surpasses said title. The Compilation has come to an end for the moment."

Bateman: "Yup, in short you shouldn't expect a remake in the foreseeable future. Truth is there are a number of projects we're working on and taking resources away from them to develop a remake would affect the quality of our games across the board."

osgZach
9th Sep 2012, 12:10
Yeah if you think they make crappy games now, just imagine having understaffed teams /tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-money-mouth.gif

Although I admit. Sleeping Dogs was awesome. And none of this day one BS with issues galore and not being able to play, let alone obtain the game.

I wonder why?

adin_hughes
16th Sep 2012, 16:36
I dont know where to post this comment and I dont care! I'm and TIRED, and I GIVE UP! I attempted to "link accounts" for the so-called easy approach. I admit I may be uneducated on the tech end of things, but I should NOT lose my save files when attempting to link accounts. No matter what I do, I cannot seem to get your system to realize that 3 different accounts all belong to me, and I want them merged! This happens not only here, but with ANY service where I attempt to link multiple accounts. Thanks to EVERY company online for the appearance of service but not allowing a way to talk to someone to get a problem fixed. You have caused such a headache, and this coupled with the "geographical discrimination" that SE seems to have wrote the book on, and the direction the industry seems to be going....I don't like it! Give me back an 8 bit cartridge! AT LEAST THEY WORK!!!! Good bye SE! I'm done wasting money on you.

Grimoire-135774
17th Sep 2012, 08:55
You should be grateful that you are able to log in at all. I seem to be unable to do so right now using my ordinary account, therefore I'll have to use my EU account today.

And: na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139231... (/go/thread/view/139231/29367625/Cant_link_my_account)

Grimoire
17th Sep 2012, 09:01
Seems like it was just a temporary glitch.

AyaFarron
29th Sep 2012, 21:39
I love FF7 a lot. But it's been milked so much. Did it really need 4 games, a movie, and an anime? Let's leave it alone. I love it as it is. Graphics don't make a game.

coreyb55
8th Oct 2012, 12:01
Final Fantasy VII was - IS - the greatest game ever created, in gaming history OR the history of Square Enix. The revamp has been put on hold due to the developers wanting to focus on new FF games, like FFXV. Personally, and I find little objection to this, Final Fantasy as a series has been tanking since FFX-2. Gamers continue to buy new Final Fantasy games in the hopes that they will get better. I will admit, 12 was alright. But 13 was nothing more than 7 remade with a female Cloud, and no one enjoyed that. Seriously, the most enjoyable part of that game was the baby chocobo.

Final Fantasy VII is the highest selling game EVER, and continues to be even after they've been out of production. A remake would have Square Enix raking in the dough. There are so many wonderful things about Square Enix, and I hate to see these half assed attempts at making games. For me, the Final Fantasy franchise ended with FFX. There is nothing beyond that, and nothing past will register on my radar.

Amen!!! A FF7 revamp has been overdue for way too long! Square Enix shoulg get their heads out of their **** and give us buyers, supporters, shareholders, etc... what we want!!! If everyone wants a complete remake then Make it!!!! The game will surpass anything else and would boost ratings and get more customers. I for one would buy it if it was for the xbox 360. It should be a multi platform game such as XIII. So please Square Enix. Give us what we want!!! The Buyers demand it so give it!!!

coreyb55
8th Oct 2012, 12:08
As I said before a revamp is long overdue!!! As FF7 fans we should not give up and rise together to get the remake we want!!! Join me and others, and lets make this happen!!! The legendary story of FF7 should live again! This time as a god!!!

alanman178
8th Oct 2012, 21:23
No ff game can really be labeled "the best in the series" (Unless you're Square-Enix counting units sold. lol). While my favorite is FF7, that doesn't mean the person next to me is just going to jump onto the bandwagon. All that us FF7 fans can do is just keep posting, and hope we get a remake some day. Personally, I'm hoping they do the remake after the release of FF15. I didn't like FF13. I can't play FF14. Versus is in limbo lol. So, bring on 15 I guess. :)

CocaineCowboy777
9th Oct 2012, 07:58
Best FF, duh.

Best game ever? Not sure.

N.Slann
12th Oct 2012, 06:45
vgsales.wikia.com/wiki/Final_Fantasy (http://vgsales.wikia.com/wiki/Final_Fantasy)

Sorry this is probably the most repeated thread topic of any forum.... ever....

I read that square had anounce that a full remake of 7 will not come to the light of day unil they manage to release another that can top the success of 7.

Looking at the figures about, we are bang out of luck. What amazes me is the figures of 8 becuase....Lets face it who wouldnt buy the follow up to an absolutly amazing game, not to say it wasnt a great game but it never stuck with me or anyone else I speak to like 7 has all these years.

So why would quare instead of seeing it from the point of veiw that a remake would kill the ff francise, not see a remake might be exactly what is needed to give the whole franchise the biggest kick start in history?

Its apparent that the demand is there, I mean come on just look on you tube, fans have even started remaking it themselves lol.

Supply and Demand.... or not as the case may be.

osgZach
14th Oct 2012, 11:36
The problem here is that you assume anyone at Squaresoft uses logical thinking.

Logically, slumping sales and a decline in the series as well as perceived quality of the series, by fans, would make you think that updating the old game would be a good idea.

But that's not how they think in the nth Dimension called Square-Enix. There are of course justifiable concerns about how to approach such a remake, what to touch and not to touch, what you can safely add in to expand the scope and clarity of the story, as far as new content is concerned, etc.

So rather than try and fail they'd rather bury their heads in the sand, and hope that some future game will bail them out.

alanman178
14th Oct 2012, 16:28
I've noticed some people are defending the recent titles with the "units sold" argument. That doesn't mean that every single person loved the games. I've bought new ff games over the years because, I enjoyed the previous titles, and there was always that hope that the next game would be even better than the last. You can throw all kinds of numbers out there, but I don't know too many people who have loved every single thing they've ever purchased. All of this is tough on the long-time fans of the series. The ff series had a certain style and tradition going for them from 1987-2000. There were all kinds of changes and new additions to the series over that period of time. There were a few gripes here and there. Then, Square decided to eliminate some things that were a part of the series for years. It wasn't because of "popular demand" or "limited technology". They simply CHOSE to alter the series. Square has only made things harder on themselves since that alteration.

FF6 of 1994, FF7 of 1997, FF8 of 1999.... These games are still loved after all of these years. They are definitely the most positively-talked-about ff games in the series. How many people are going to want a remake of FF13 10 or 15 years from now? There may be a few people, but I highly doubt it will cause an uproar in the likes of what we are seeing today.

I know there are people out there who say they appreciate Square-Enix for trying new things with the series. Personally, I'm all for trying new things. Just not at the expense of other things I've loved since day-1. I feel that they needed to "enhance" what they had, then implement some new ideas on top of them. From 1987 to 2000, the worlds of Final Fantasy were growing as technology was advancing. Then, Square decided to drastically change things. After that, yada yada yada, here we are today. lol

Square-Enix should come up with an epic remaking project involving FF6, 7, 8, and maybe other games in the series as well. They can do it. They have the technology. They aren't as limited as some people think.

NyRican814
14th Oct 2012, 23:37
i am pissed off at square enix what are you guys doing remastered? wow a remake should of been done final fantasy x and vii were my favorites and you can't remake them are you guys stupid do you relize how much money you would make stop making final fantsy xiii's and focus on your better games i hope you guys make full remakes of final fantasy vii and x on the next gen of ps4 and xbox 720 because i perfer xbox square enix you guys are slacking hire me as a game developer i would make the remakes possible after final fantasy x your final fantasy games sucked you need to go back to your roots at keep it that way wow im pissed at square enix get it togeather your losing alot of fans!!! and i know alof of fans agree with me to maybe if we protest we can make them relize it and maybe they will remake them!! who agrees with me

ckobbe
15th Oct 2012, 00:30
i am pissed off at square enix what are you guys doing remastered? wow a remake should of been done final fantasy x and vii were my favorites and you can't remake them are you guys stupid do you relize how much money you would make stop making final fantsy xiii's and focus on your better games i hope you guys make full remakes of final fantasy vii and x on the next gen of ps4 and xbox 720 because i perfer xbox square enix you guys are slacking hire me as a game developer i would make the remakes possible after final fantasy x your final fantasy games sucked you need to go back to your roots at keep it that way wow im pissed at square enix get it togeather your losing alot of fans!!! and i know alof of fans agree with me to maybe if we protest we can make them relize it and maybe they will remake them!! who agrees with me

I think gaming companies are so blinded by HD 1080p screening that they forgot all about the gameplay. If you ask me & many others what their favorite games are...There is no doubt many will list older games! Most modern games are all HD shooters. I think gaming companies are sticking to 'what they know' rather than risking absolute creativity.

What happened to great gaming?
-The overworlds & exciting environments!
-The feeling that you're playing the game! Rather than in the game with realistic graphics.
-Creativity!

Honestly I agree. Final Fantasy is going to hell with the direction Square Enix is selling out to...Furthermore so is just about everyother gaming company. The remakes are welcomed, but not great... I'm currently having a massive issue & demanding refund with FF7 PC...As are many others on the technical support forum. A console remaster of FF7 would have easily had me purchase both a copy & ps3 rather than sit here pissed wanting refund.

NyRican814
15th Oct 2012, 12:41

I think gaming companies are so blinded by HD 1080p screening that they forgot all about the gameplay. If you ask me & many others what their favorite games are...There is no doubt many will list older games! Most modern games are all HD shooters. I think gaming companies are sticking to 'what they know' rather than risking absolute creativity.

What happened to great gaming?
-The overworlds & exciting environments!
-The feeling that you're playing the game! Rather than in the game with realistic graphics.
-Creativity!

Honestly I agree. Final Fantasy is going to hell with the direction Square Enix is selling out to...Furthermore so is just about everyother gaming company. The remakes are welcomed, but not great... I'm currently having a massive issue & demanding refund with FF7 PC...As are many others on the technical support forum. A console remaster of FF7 would have easily had me purchase both a copy & ps3 rather than sit here pissed wanting refund.

conner you are right if someone asks me what is my favorite rpg games i will only name 2 from current gen and that is lost odyssey and blue dragon and lost odyssey was suppose to be the final fantasy version for xbox and they only made one game i was dissapointed on that to. square enix messed up bad when they merged with square soft square soft made really good rpg games i miss those games like chrono cross, final fantasy 7 and x
and much more if square enix can not make games like these anymore than remake the older ones keep battle system the same because i miss that and the open world i miss roaming and talking to random people in the game and free roam even free roaming was fun for final fantasy x why because there was so much to do in those past games plus bring new game plus with harder enemies and bonuses like they said final fantasy x hd is supose to feel like the first time we ever played if this is so it should be a remake not a remaster and they should wait until next gen so the graphics would look alot better plus gameplay will be really good to i like nice graphics but not if the gameplay sucks they sould focus on both stop making final fantasy 13's because those games are a dissapointment in the franchise bring back exp points and the ability to earn gill threw battles i want to feel like its my first time playing x and 7 all over again and i know 7 will for sure feel like a new game with 3d graphics bigger world and detailed characters make final fantasy 7 look like the movie advent children thats how the graphics should be and final fantasy x should loook like that to. square enix if you are reading this please make this happen you do not realize how much money you are goin to make with these remakes for next gen. im telling you with all these ideas square enix should take it in consideration us their fans are helping them create this game with ideas i think square got too lazy with their games. i think maybe the crystarium should be added as a option for these remakes also i mean you can use the old one if you like but keep the crystarium system as a option you know. i honestly think us the fans can make a better game than square in my opinion.

member_10830321
15th Oct 2012, 22:44
I honestlly do not think that sales will impact the possibility of a FFVII Remake. Square is just pumping as many titles as possible till they exhuast there new stuff and then most likely revisit the idea. Why remake something that isn't broken? Why Remake a game when people are STILL buying/playing the original. In the mean time they make sequals to games that are shakey to stabilize the franchise. Sales have absolutely nothing to do with the Remaking becuase it WILL be remade. Why not remake something that is great to something even greater. Its all about money and how much they can get before implementing a device to generate even more revenue....Just my thoughts.

vitornavarrete
15th Oct 2012, 23:57
Another topic: "XIII sucks. Remake VII." Why am I not surprised?

Anyways, FF VIII is a loved one? I think you should check again, because last time I checked people still hated the draw/junction/gf system. But well, I'm one that loved it. On the other hand I hate VI system (many people like it), but I just love its story. I do belive VIII recieved a lot of hate at the time, maybe not equal to XIII, but it is a closer contender. You guys can talk all you want, but some years in the future there will still be people who like FF XIII and think is the best in the series. XIII sold more than XII or IX, the game that brought all past elements of the series. Let's talk about low sales when FF XV sells less than 4 million. Then we talk.

ckobbe
16th Oct 2012, 02:05
Too bad the gaming companies just wont listen to the feedback, rather than the corporate demand!

If you're a fan of Nintendo...Look at what Microsoft did to Rare! They worthlessly threw out customer feedback to produce massive let downs.
-WiiSports
-Banjo Kazooie Nuts & Bolts <---- This. Was. WRONG!

I as a Nintendo fan pushed for Rare to continue working on...Donkey Kong Country series, Banjo Threeie, and maybe even Conkurs Bad Fur-2! Not happening ;)

Hopefully Square Enix does not let this happen to them as well.

alanman178
16th Oct 2012, 16:35
Numbers don't rate games. People rate games. That sounds like a "Guns don't kill people" speech. lol Anyway, I never really compare one ff to another. I compare each new game to the entire series. If that game steers too far away, I'm gonna gripe. lol I don't think there would be so much talk about remakes if the recent ff titles were as great as some of the previous installments. I'm now bracing for incoming attacks. lol

Final Fantasies 1-9 are not myths. They actually happened. They were created across 3 consoles over a 14-year period. One success after the next. It's no wonder to me why people want to see some remakes. I mean, is it really such a bad thing to want remakes?

crono1973-351830
20th Oct 2012, 16:10
Final Fantasies 1-9 are not myths. They actually happened. They were created across 3 consoles over a 14-year period. One success after the next. It's no wonder to me why people want to see some remakes. I mean, is it really such a bad thing to want remakes?

You know, the sales on the first 6 games aren't that impressive. Sure, Japan only but XIII sold better than VI unless you thin VI made 4 million sales outside of Japan.

alanman178
20th Oct 2012, 20:17

You know, the sales on the first 6 games aren't that impressive. Sure, Japan only but XIII sold better than VI unless you thin VI made 4 million sales outside of Japan.

I understand what you're saying. I'm just saying that Square had altered the style of the series after the 1st 9 games. A lot of people like the way the games were made back then. I'm one of those people.

As far as the sales on the 1st 6 games: The FF franchise wasn't as big in the US back then. We didn't see too much advertising until FF7 was promoted like crazy. lol Still, FF1, 4, and 6 did well enough to warrant the continuation of the series in the US. Those games were quite impressive back then. I remember the anticipation and excitement before a new title was released.

Personally, I'd love for everyone to be happy. But, I know that is highly unlikely to happen. So, I'll just keep posting on the forums and hope for the best. :)

vitornavarrete
20th Oct 2012, 21:54
alanman178, let's get things straight here. First you say:

"Anyway, I never really compare one ff to another. I compare each new game to the entire series"

and then you say

"I'm just saying that Square had altered the style of the series after the 1st 9 games."

So, let me get this right. First I would like you to say how the games 1 through 9 have the same style. Really, I can't see how you can put that many games under one only hood. Because, as many traits that you can say that I and VII have in commom, I'm pretty sure we can find that many traits in commom between IV and X, for example. Second, you do understand that if I to IX, for you, have a single style, and if X through XVIII is going to have another style, then this argument will be only half valid? And that, with each new title, 1~9 will mean less and less for the entire series?

But, the worst part is this one:

"Numbers don't rate games. People rate games." Do you know that, for what matters, people are numbers, don't you? If you can't treat people as quantitave data and want to make a qualitative analysis of each player tastes, you do know that we can't get anywere, don't you? And, for all that matter, if you didn't like X, X-2, XII, XIII and XIII-2 have you ever considered dropping the series? Or sticking to the old ones? Because, you liking them or not, those games are selling. And SE will not change it because of a small fan base that didn't like any of the games that they released in the past decade. It's like people complaning for each new RE that Capcom releases. If you don't like the way the serie is going and find another game to play. I dropped books and series for way less than this. And I do the same with games, speaking of RE, I dropped that one, the same way I dropped Mega Man.

And for the people claming for the remake of old games, that just prove so much. I can show you a bunch of people that want a Kingdom Hearts 358/2 days remake, but most of the KH fanbase think this is possible the worst game in the series. Does people claiming for a remake make the game a sure hit/imply the last games on the series are bad? I don't think so. You, for example, don't seems to like FFX, but I can show you lots of people complaning that SE didn't give any update on FFX remaster for Vita/PS3. How do we equate this? People want remakes/remaster for many reasons. Sure, one of them is that they don't like the latest games. But there are many others: they only like one/few game in the series; they think if FF I~IV had a remake/remaster, why can't the other games have one too? But, the principal one, people arre emotionally attached to some games. I can guarantee that I'm attached to FF VII, but I don't want a remake, but some people do. And, again, you also don't see to like FF XII, but I can dig a bunch of people who wants a FF XII remake/remaster for Vita, once they are done with FF X. Does it make the game good?

alanman178
21st Oct 2012, 16:48
You can't compare a game's "rating" to "units sold". Not everyone ends up liking everything they buy. That should be easy to understand.

People can attack me all they want. It changes nothing. I've been playing FF games since 1990. I'm not blind. I've seen everything that's happened with the series over the last 22 years. I've been there through the minor changes, and through the major changes. The last time I saw any kind of long line for a FF game was back when FF10 was released. It was with FF10 that we started to see major changes to the series. Personally, there were only 2 things I didn't like about FF10: No open-world approach, and Tidus. It was one of those "I wish they didn't do that" moments. I really enjoyed the rest of what the game had to offer. I thought Square was getting back on the right track with FF12. That game's world was opened up a lot more than FF10's was. I've never stated that I "hated" those games. I've simply pointed out what has happened to the series.

Over the past 22 years I've given each new FF release a chance. And I'm going to keep doing that. I'm certainly not going to drop the series just because I didn't like a few of the games. Prior to this year, I had never posted anything on any FF forum. It was FF13 that did it. After a couple of years trying not to hate that game, I had to start posting. lol I really tried with FF13. I tried playing through the game a 2nd time, but after multiple attempts, I just couldn't do it. I'm sorry, but that game was barely an rpg. It probably brought in a lot of "Action/Adventure" fans, though.

A FF7 remake. People want one. Is that such a horrible thing? Also, what if FF13's and FF7's years-released were switched. What if all of the ideas of FF13 were released as "FF7" with the technology of 1997. How many rpg gamers would enjoy walking that straight line back then? Would the series even have survived this long after that? What if all of FF7's ideas were released as "FF13" with today's technology? How many rpg gamers would enjoy that open-world approach that was so important to the series for 14 years? I don't normally compare one game to another. I just think FF games would sell even better today had Square stayed with that open-world approach with lots of things to do. Anyone who has played the series since FF1 should at least understand where I'm coming from. I'm not on here to attack other members. I'm just stating what I've seen happen to the series over the years. The "RPG" factor is slowly disappearing. I'm pretty sure there are many other rpg gamers out there who would understand and agree with that statement. If anyone thinks that Square-Enix has got it together these days, then those people must be out of their minds. lol

vitornavarrete
21st Oct 2012, 18:41
You can't compare a game's "rating" to "units sold". Not everyone ends up liking everything they buy. That should be easy to understand.

Fair enough. So let's look at metacritc and gamerankings, I think we both agree that they are more reliable than for gaming sites like IGN, Kotaku etc. As a statitician I have to say that the samples of those sites are very small, also, each game has a different sample size, so straight comparison is kinda of unreliable. But that's what we got.

Gamerankings: www.gamerankings.com/browse.html?search=... (http://www.gamerankings.com/browse.html?search=final+fantasy&numrev=3&site=)

FF XIII has 84,92%. While VI, VII, IX, X and XII have scores above 90%, games like FF III has 77,74% and FF Tactics 82,98%. So people are telling me that FF XIII is better than FF III and FF Tactics, a game that, for me, is the best in the series. For me, no numbered FF is better than FFT and I doubt some will ever be.

Metacritc: www.metacritic.com/search/all/final+fant... (http://www.metacritic.com/search/all/final+fantasy/results?page=0)

FF XIII has 83. That's the same as Crisis Core and FFT and more than FF III again.

So, people are saying that, between FF XIII and FF III, there were many good games, FF XIII is not the better in those, but it is still better than FF III.

People can attack me all they want. It changes nothing. I've been playing FF games since 1990. I'm not blind. I've seen everything that's happened with the series over the last 22 years. I've been there through the minor changes, and through the major changes. The last time I saw any kind of long line for a FF game was back when FF10 was released. It was with FF10 that we started to see major changes to the series. Personally, there were only 2 things I didn't like about FF10: No open-world approach, and Tidus. It was one of those "I wish they didn't do that" moments. I really enjoyed the rest of what the game had to offer. I thought Square was getting back on the right track with FF12. That game's world was opened up a lot more than FF10's was. I've never stated that I "hated" those games. I've simply pointed out what has happened to the series.

No one is attacking you. I was going to ask you to point were someone did this, but then you said you're not used to foruns, so I'll take that as the reason you think someone, including me, is targeting you. No one is. This is how discussion flows. If some FF XIII/Lighting fanboy gets here, then you'll now how a attack is.

So, you didn't like Tidus. Well, I didn't like Cloud or Squall, but that doesn't mean those games were bad. And the same way you're not blind, no one here is, or at least so I think, because that way, people wouldn't be able to play games. Actually there is a blind guy that plays Zelda better than me on youtube, but that's not the case. Anyways, everyone that play FF in more than one console generation can see changes, that's one of the main characteristics of the series. The ATB system was a big change. Removing anything that ressembled jobs, other than the limit breaks/weapons, in FF VII was a big change. I still know people who complain about this in FFVII/FFVIII.

I got the point, you don't like the changes. Well, that's how changes work. Some like them, some don't. That's work for the plot line and characters too. Some people enjoy then, some people don't.

Over the past 22 years I've given each new FF release a chance. And I'm going to keep doing that. I'm certainly not going to drop the series just because I didn't like a few of the games. Prior to this year, I had never posted anything on any FF forum. It was FF13 that did it. After a couple of years trying not to hate that game, I had to start posting. lol I really tried with FF13. I tried playing through the game a 2nd time, but after multiple attempts, I just couldn't do it. I'm sorry, but that game was barely an rpg. It probably brought in a lot of "Action/Adventure" fans, though.

If we're going to be fair, let's be totally fair. Final Fantasy is a JRPG, and that's a big difference that saying it's a RPG. JRPGs don't give you freedom, they act like they did. They aren't WRPG, you can't do what you want. Sure, at some time you go to a world map and have to make your way to the next dungeon/city but, hey, you cant go this way because there are mountains, you can't try to climb them. Also, you can't take a boat on the city to go using the river, the owner of the ship is travelling. And you can wait all the time you want, he will only be back when you defeat the boss on that dungeon over there. Sure, X and XIII doesn't even try to create the illusion of freedom and that's a pitty. But, the RPG fight mechanic is still there: custmization, everything is measured direct by numbers, you have to wait for your turn to do any action. So I don't think calling it "barely an rpg" is being totally fair, unless you have another way to classify RPG games that works for the older FFs and that FF XIII barely make it. And, about the action/adventure fans, we won't know unless we do a good research. But one thing is for sure, FF has been trying to appeal to the mainstream for a long time. It never was a more conservative niche game like Dragon Quest.

A FF7 remake. People want one. Is that such a horrible thing? Also, what if FF13's and FF7's years-released were switched. What if all of the ideas of FF13 were released as "FF7" with the technology of 1997. How many rpg gamers would enjoy walking that straight line back then? Would the series even have survived this long after that? What if all of FF7's ideas were released as "FF13" with today's technology? How many rpg gamers would enjoy that open-world approach that was so important to the series for 14 years? I don't normally compare one game to another. I just think FF games would sell even better today had Square stayed with that open-world approach with lots of things to do. Anyone who has played the series since FF1 should at least understand where I'm coming from. I'm not on here to attack other members. I'm just stating what I've seen happen to the series over the years. The "RPG" factor is slowly disappearing. I'm pretty sure there are many other rpg gamers out there who would understand and agree with that statement. If anyone thinks that Square-Enix has got it together these days, then those people must be out of their minds. lol

Well, I don't like this remake/remaster modus operandis that the developers are trying to force people on. But that's me. I want to see new games, new stories and new gameplay. If a want to replay FF VII I can play it on my ps2, ps3, psp or psvita. I already saw that story and played that gameplay. I prefer a mediocre new game that a more prettier old one. But, again, that's just me. Another problems with remakes is that it isn't the original team that is going to do it. There is always the chance that the game won't be well made. A remake made by fans would probably be better, because they love the game and would be carefull. A company doing it only to capitalize on previous sucess can go wrong, very wrong. And all this talk of VII being XIII and XIII being VII is like fans wars: "What if superman fought goku?" Is justy something to entretain you and it won't go anywere, so I won't address it.
And, do you play other genre of games other than RPGs? Have you noticed that this "straight line" is something that is spread as a whole over the genres? I really don't know if this is because of higher production/time costs, the fact that games are becoming easier, the fact that linear games sell more or if a bit of all those things togheter. Don't get me wrong, I want overworld maps, ships and side quest too, probably as much as you. FF XIII wasn't the best FF, but it also wasn't the worst. It wouldn't make my top 3, but probably would be on my top 10. And also, I think SE isn't in it better shape, as of lately, but acting as if the company is doomed, a.k.a "FF franchise sales dropping... goodbye FF VII", it's silly. And the worst thing is, people want to complain about SE, fine, let's do it. But let's do it right. FF XIII isn't the worst thing SE did with the franchise. FF XIV is. That's the real bomba. Some people liked FF XIII and some don't, but this always happens in the franchise. On the other hand, FF XIV was a broken game. But I don't see anyone here that seems to remember this. Also, SE is trying really hard to fix FF XIV. If they can recognize this mistake, why won't they recognize others? FF is a franchise that change directions from time to time. Kitase and Toriyama won't be there forever, even if people don't like what they did with XIII, Kitase is still the "responsible" for VII. You didn't like FF XIII, fine, that's your opinion. There are tons of threads were people are discussing what was wrong with it and how to make it better. But then people start to make thread over thread, each one more sensationalist than the other: "Toriyama is ruining FF, fire him", "FF XIII is the worst game in the franchise" etc etc. This is just plain internet rage that won't go anywhere and just pollute the forum with the same thread, over and over. Oh, and people don't wanna point what went wrong with the game, as you did, they just wanna say how they are disgusted with FF XIII.

alanman178
21st Oct 2012, 22:18
I just don't want Square-Enix to fail. I've defended them from the "Haters" for years. It's just that it appears they are spreading themselves so thin over so many different projects, and I fear we're not getting what we could be getting if they would just focus on a few things at a time. Maybe 3 MAJOR projects instead of 10 or 20 smaller and quick releases. Square-Enix says they won't remake FF7 until after something new beats it. Not in those exact words, but that's basically what they said. Then, they said that they don't have enough people to work on it, and even if they did, it would take about 4 years to do the remake. The people are there. They're all just working on a bunch of different things.

As far as worrying about messing up the remake: They have the old version to work with. It's the perfect tool for the job.

I've been seeing requests for FF7 remake for about 10 years now. That E3 tech demo from 2005(I think that was the year) made people want a remake even more. lol To this day, I still don't understand why they didn't show a demo of something that was in the works at the time. Or, anything else. They may as well have just kicked everyone in the privates after the showing. "Line up everyone!" lol

I think the remake will eventually happen. Square-Enix just has too many things going on right now.

gfunk23
31st Oct 2012, 04:18
SE wont fail miserably, we aren't even talking about the other game franchises. Yes they are not as big but with SE learning new business strategies like outsource, they will be fine. xiii was a good seller, and i still believe xiii-2 made up for x-2. I don't have the stats but It was much much better in the aspects that it needed.

The only thing I have to say is that if SE had high success all the way from vii to xiv and/or versus/the lightning game/multi console spin offs, the company would be the best in history. We r all die-hards but just let the world spin, FF series will raise the bar from the ashes like it tends to do.

Locke255
11th Nov 2012, 10:32
You folks are being a bit silly. You're trying to throw numbers and facts around when you really just want people to support your opinion.

I've been playing the series since the onset, and I have my favorites and I have my hated moments. The bottom line is I would love to see a FF7 remake. It's not shocking or surprising because it's become a pretty big topic of discussion in recent years. If someone doesn't want one, that's cool but what does that matter to me?

I'll keep hoping and waiting.

Grimoire
11th Nov 2012, 10:43
Wada: "We will not remake FFVII until we have made a game that surpasses said title. The Compilation has come to an end for the moment."

Bateman: "Yup, in short you shouldn't expect a remake in the foreseeable future. Truth is there are a number of projects we're working on and taking resources away from them to develop a remake would affect the quality of our games across the board."

&:

"Nomura commented on the idea of a Final Fantasy VII remake acknowledging the many fan requests. However, right now, Nomura is working on new titles, which are a higher priority at the moment. Nomura says he will try his best to make a game equal or possibly even more successful than Final Fantasy VII."

Gaialei_Strife
11th Nov 2012, 11:05
I'd say if anything, with a remake, there would be so much to do and to add, not to mention to change. You'd actually have to make more dialogue, especially for Cid and Barret, unless FFVII would be rated M for language, and the crossdressing (cause you never know...) As much as I would adore a remake, I'd rather them finish the story first.

tferr89
11th Nov 2012, 21:30
dang this is sad news... should listen to your consumers!!

squeenix1385
26th Nov 2012, 00:08
if you want final fantasy seven and dragon quest here in the united states comment on this post it can be our unnoficial petition!

Grimoire
26th Nov 2012, 02:03
These discussions do not belong in the [General Discussion (/go/forum/view/139231/233953/general_discussion)] forum, but in the [FINAL FANTASY VII (/go/forum/view/139235/233973/FINAL_FANTASY_VII)] forum or the [DRAGON QUEST Series (/go/forum/view/139251/234025/dragon_quest_series)] forum.

[General Forum Guidelines (/go/thread/view/139233/29068965/General_Forum_Guidelines)]

[Please use the search function placed at the top of the forum to see if your questions have already been answered. If there happens to be a thread with similar topics, please divert your questions to that particular thread.]

You may continue your discussions in the following threads:

[Remake Final Fantasy VII, why it is a good idea. and ideas for it.] na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139235... (/go/thread/view/139235/29172519/Remake_Final_Fantasy_VII,_why_it_is_a_good_idea._and_ideas_for_it.)

[Final Fantasy VII remake time????] na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139235... (/go/thread/view/139235/29169217/Final_Fantasy_VII_remake_time)

[Yoichi Wada discusses FF VII remake] na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139235... (/go/thread/view/139235/29202615/Yoichi_Wada_discusses_FF_VII_remake)

[A remake would make make SE filthy rich.] na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139235... (/go/thread/view/139235/29151463/A_remake_would_make_make_SE_filthy_rich.)

[Final Fantasy VII remake: guaranteed money maker for Square.] na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139235... (/go/thread/view/139235/29312991/Final_Fantasy_VII_remake:_guaranteed_money_maker_for_Square.)

[Final Fantasy 7 Remake: FF7 Greatest Game Created] na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139235... (/go/thread/view/139235/29158389/Final_Fantasy_7_Remake:_FF7_Greatest_Game_Created)

[final fantasy vii and x remake please no remaster!!] na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139235... (/go/thread/view/139235/29438745/final_fantasy_vii_and_x_remake_please_no_remaster!!)

[Dragon Quest X] na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139251... (http://na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139251/29161499/Dragon_Quest_X)

Virgo27
10th Jan 2013, 07:36
please remake final fantasy 7 and all the games connected to final fantasy 7 for ps3 along with dissidia and any other games that have to do with ff7 please ff7 is the best game ever

Grimoire
10th Jan 2013, 11:00
This discussion does not belong in the [FINAL FANTASY Series General Discussion na.square-enix.com/go/forum/view/139235/... (/go/forum/view/139235/235425/final_fantasy_series_general_discussion)] forum, but in the [FINAL FANTASY VII na.square-enix.com/go/forum/view/139235/... (/go/forum/view/139235/233973/FINAL_FANTASY_VII)] forum.

rlv-17
10th Jan 2013, 20:27
please remake final fantasy 7 and all the games connected to final fantasy 7 for ps3 along with dissidia and any other games that have to do with ff7 please ff7 is the best game ever

yes and the crisis core too for the vita i really want to play this game again

moooka
10th Jan 2013, 21:50
That's a great idea, but I wonder how long it will take to happen. Versus XIII took ages and it's still not finished.

SiiN
10th Jan 2013, 21:56
AAAANNNDDD!!! It'd be cool to play sephiroth's side of the story in FFVII.

catoplebas
11th Jan 2013, 13:03
Final Fantasy 7 is for me one of the best games of the series, but not the best, (i think FF 6 its the best). I want square enix decide to make a new FF7 version for PS3 or PS4, keeping the same story, but make some changes in the gameplay. I love the turns system with menu comands of FF7, this must be keeped in that way, the only thing must be change is the summon of materia in a similar way of FF10, to in that way control de summons and put limit breaks to that summons, and put diferent comands and abilitys to that summons, and i love that i could change caracters in batte in the same way of FF10. I hope square decide to make a new FF10, for sure it will be a success in sales.

Sorry for my english, its not my native language

ximacintoshix
14th Jan 2013, 23:14
Here's the reason why we're getting a FFX remake instead of FFVII

FFX already has prerecorded voices. less time effort and money spent getting voice actors together.

moooka
15th Jan 2013, 01:27
It is much easier to remaster PS2 games. The backgrounds of 7 are in mostly 2D so upscaling them will make things look very pixelated. 7 needs to be completely redone from scratch.

danieltylus11
15th Jan 2013, 11:46
i think it's time to move on people. They announced that they will not make the remake till they have a game that is better then FF7.

We all know that's not going to happen ever, with the BS titles they are coming out now (everything after FF9) i bet both SE and Sony will

go out of business before they succeed. It's been too long and they forgot how to make good games and they know it, there only chance

to make a good game is FFv13 and it's been in development for about 4 years, with less then a half a page of info and a bible size book

of rumors. I hope they realize that they are destroying their own business releasing games only in Japan like the also rumored

Kingdom Hearts Remix.

So no they will not make a remake, the people that will buy out there business will and they will make bank.

hydenfez-364959
15th Jan 2013, 12:02
not that it matters, but I think FF10 was a great game, better than FF9. I wasn't a huge fan of 10-2, heck I got that game brand new at gamecrazy for 5 bucks. So kinda shows that there wasn't much to hope for on 10-2. I got 13-2 but haven't even played it yet. I still need to beat 13 even. Not a huge fan of it, but will beat it when I have time to play it again. It would be nice if they were to remake 7, but like you and most everyone else, not holding my breath on it.

danieltylus11
15th Jan 2013, 21:10
not that it matters, but I think FF10 was a great game, better than FF9. I wasn't a huge fan of 10-2, heck I got that game brand new at gamecrazy for 5 bucks. So kinda shows that there wasn't much to hope for on 10-2. I got 13-2 but haven't even played it yet. I still need to beat 13 even. Not a huge fan of it, but will beat it when I have time to play it again. It would be nice if they were to remake 7, but like you and most everyone else, not holding my breath on it.

good luck on beating it, Had FF13 since it came out never got past the 1000 hour intro lol

alanman178
16th Jan 2013, 22:29
After I bought FF7 back in 1997, I remember always being in a great mood at work because, I was always looking forward to getting back to that game after my shift was over. That was the best game out at the time. It was "As advertised", and better. I know there are people out there who tend to "over-hype" games in their mind before they're released. I was one of those people who did that with FF7. That game actually lived up to that hype in my mind! I'm not exaggerating either. I can't honestly say that there has been a game that has done that since then.

If SE doesn't remake FF7 any time soon, that's ok with me. As long as they get back to making FF games with the amount of "depth" that they used to have. Every game has a story. I want more than that. FF used to have a LOT more than that.

fantasyfan202
19th Jan 2013, 23:46
I would love if they remade ff7 and just changed graphics not battle system not story line it was so deep almost like u was living the game. On the other had people r right it would have to be built from ground up everything redone so ur talking alot of money but look at what ur remaking. Its final fantasy 7 over 10 million sold world wide anyone who bought and played this game the first time without a single second thought in there mind will buy the remake i know i would be first in line waiting. The story was what it was all about i loved it and still play it today it was apart of my teenage life the greatest game i have ever played so ya i want them to make it and bring it back to life for our generation and the younger gamer to today who may or may not have played it. One thing is for sure the game will sell they just got to get in gear and make IT.

Asuha
20th Jan 2013, 17:02
Square Enix already said they'd rather spend time making all new games rather than remake FFVII.

alanman178
20th Jan 2013, 19:01
Square Enix already said they'd rather spend time making all new games rather than remake FFVII.

Yep. We keep asking for "eggs over easy", and they keep giving us "scrambled" because, that's what they'd "rather" do. Do we walk out? Not yet because, we've been eating and enjoying their food for years. Loyalty works both ways.

There's absolutely no harm in popular demand until the company refuses to meet it. I don't think some of the people at SE really understand why so many fans are asking for remakes. It isn't just because of a particular game. A lot of people miss that particular style of gameplay that the FF series used to have. SE keeps making games that do the series no justice, and worst of all, they expect us to get excited about it. Hence, the call for remakes. I highly doubt that remakes would be on the minds of even half of the people requesting them, if the games these days were as great as SE thinks they are. The games aren't "great" anymore". They're more compact, and the player is incredibly limited, so that knocks them down to about "ok" to "good". And that's being generous. lol

I thought after the Square and Enix merger we'd see the FF style grow larger and be enhanced to greatness beyond what any other company could ever possibly reach. That didn't happen. Some time had passed. People started missing that play style from what is now called "the old days". Those weren't "the old days" back when some of these arguments started about 12 years ago. I'm more excited about Skyrim DLC than anything coming from SE this entire year. I don't like that. Why is that, SE? lol

MethosX
10th Feb 2013, 19:46
I know as a die-hard FF7 fan, quite possibly the greatest RPG ever made, that a REMAKE of it would make all our dreams come true and could die happy! :)
Please consider our greatest wish... it would once again be the BEST SELLING RPG of ALL TIME...the most copies sold in a single week...the quickest game to 5 million copies sold.. etc etc...

Zench-XIII
10th Feb 2013, 21:24
The PC version was a re-release of the one launched many years ago. It was never stated that it was a remake.

MethosX
10th Feb 2013, 21:26
FINAL FANTASY VII remake! again the Final fantasy vii remake on pc sucked, psp version,The Ps1 and old version beat that by far away.

FINAL FANTASY VII remake i want a real one! where you can see everything like in ocarina of tme that is good otherwise... Sorry no!

exactly... a REAL REMAKE.. (not a half-attempt).. we need something like the one shown at E3 2005.... a tech demo- or better yet - like the one shown at E3 2012.. Agnis Philosophy...

www.dsogaming.com/news/the-impressive-ag... (http://www.dsogaming.com/news/the-impressive-agnis-philosophy-tech-demo-was-running-on-a-single-gtx680)/

www.agnisphilosophy.com/en/index.html (http://www.agnisphilosophy.com/en/index.html)

We NEED THIS......

MethosX
10th Feb 2013, 21:31
and your right Zench... that was NOT a remake it was just a re-release on the PC.

MethosX
10th Feb 2013, 22:31
Just re-release really? my apologies! but my opinion about a FINAL FANTASY VII remake still keep.

you would not like to to see a REAMAKE of the original with enhanced graphics like the Tech Demo for Agnis Philosophy....it would be like experiencing FF7 for the first time- is it that hard to understand.

Ur Not a true FF fan then. sorry

moooka
11th Feb 2013, 00:30
That would be epic! But I don't think Square Enix listens to what the fans want. They said it many times they don't want to make it.

Grimoire
11th Feb 2013, 14:33
[General Forum Guidelines (/go/thread/view/139233/29068965/General_Forum_Guidelines)]

[Please use the search function placed at the top of the forum to see if your questions have already been answered. If there happens to be a thread with similar topics, please divert your questions to that particular thread.]

[Final Fantasy VII remake time???? (/go/thread/view/139235/29169217/Final_Fantasy_VII_remake_time)]

[Yoichi Wada discusses FF VII remake (/go/thread/view/139235/29202615/Yoichi_Wada_discusses_FF_VII_remake)]

[A remake would make make SE filthy rich. (/go/thread/view/139235/29151463/A_remake_would_make_make_SE_filthy_rich.)]

[Final Fantasy VII remake: guaranteed money maker for Square. (/go/thread/view/139235/29312991/Final_Fantasy_VII_remake:_guaranteed_money_maker_for_Square.)]

[final fantasy vii and x remake please no remaster!! (/go/thread/view/139235/29438745/final_fantasy_vii_and_x_remake_please_no_remaster!!)]

[Final Fantasy 7 Remake: FF7 Greatest Game Created (/go/thread/view/139235/29158389/Final_Fantasy_7_Remake:_FF7_Greatest_Game_Created)]

Anime-Red
12th Feb 2013, 02:18
if not a remake how about a continuation of the game ff7-2 with the materia to be used on weapons and armor in unlimted combos heck addapting advent childern to it wouldnt be that hard. i myslef just want more of the characters from ff7. why not even just continue from the end of advent childern and build from there using the battle systems from 12 or 13. updating it with ff7 storylines and materia. yea ff7 remake would be awsome, but a ff7-2 that still would be great. why not bring back the old gang and add some new as well.

destruction7
12th Feb 2013, 08:05
if not a remake how about a continuation of the game ff7-2 with the materia to be used on weapons and armor in unlimted combos heck addapting advent childern to it wouldnt be that hard. i myslef just want more of the characters from ff7. why not even just continue from the end of advent childern and build from there using the battle systems from 12 or 13. updating it with ff7 storylines and materia. yea ff7 remake would be awsome, but a ff7-2 that still would be great. why not bring back the old gang and add some new as well.

FF7-2 if The final Boss and story were about fight Jenova origin ,where she came from,travel in the space and visiting planets,See galaxies, pirates,and try save the universe. would be amazing.

FatSqueek
12th Feb 2013, 17:00
I've had enough of FFVII thank you very much.

member_10438909
12th Feb 2013, 21:03
As much as I would love a remake, if you think about how much SE would probably change or would HAVE to change, the game may lose some of what made it what it is.

Can you imagine them attempting to remake the Wallmarket scenerio? How about Cid? The way he treats Shera, his language, some of his comments. How about Red XIII trying to walk on two legs and disguising himself as an infantryman? (that always makes me laugh) The game itself would have to go through major changes if it didn't want it to be awkward, get a rated M rating, or to be pounded on by political correctness.

Most of it's comedy would probably be taken out or changed. Not to mention that it would probably have voice acting and to me, I'm not confident that the emotion of the dialog could be properly captured by the VAs.

Think about Duke Nukem Forever. The older Duke Nukem games were good for their time, but a game like that just doesn't fly as well now a days.

Finally, if SE were to remake FFVII, it would probably be a last resort if they really needed cash and the FF franchise was plummeting to a point of no return.

FatSqueek
12th Feb 2013, 21:13
FFVII wasn't that great anyhow though. Wouldn't see the point in remaking it. I wouldn't mind a remake of Vagrant Story or Xenogears though, but considering all of 7 people played those games, I think Squareenix forgot they exist.

member_10438909
12th Feb 2013, 21:27
That's a matter of opinion. I will agree it wasn't as good as some of the other FFs, but it holds a special place in my heart for various reasons. Not to mention it was a first for many people and thus First Game Syndrome comes in.

There are several games that deserve a remake.

Vagrant Story, Xenogears, FFVI, FFVIII, FFIX, Secret of Mana, Chrono Trigger, Parasite Eve, Illusion of Gaia, Valkyrie Profile etc.

FatSqueek
12th Feb 2013, 21:41
I think they should remake the PS2.

OCDFIGHTER
12th Feb 2013, 21:51
As much as I would love a remake, if you think about how much SE would probably change or would HAVE to change, the game may lose some of what made it what it is.

Can you imagine them attempting to remake the Wallmarket scenerio? How about Cid? The way he treats Shera, his language, some of his comments. How about Red XIII trying to walk on two legs and disguising himself as an infantryman? (that always makes me laugh) The game itself would have to go through major changes if it didn't want it to be awkward, get a rated M rating, or to be pounded on by political correctness.

Most of it's comedy would probably be taken out or changed. Not to mention that it would probably have voice acting and to me, I'm not confident that the emotion of the dialog could be properly captured by the VAs.

Think about Duke Nukem Forever. The older Duke Nukem games were good for their time, but a game like that just doesn't fly as well now a days.

Finally, if SE were to remake FFVII, it would probably be a last resort if they really needed cash and the FF franchise was plummeting to a point of no return.

I had the same concerns abourt censorship. But if they keep to the spirit of the origional rather than the letter, it could turn out to be just as good in its own right. Wallmarket did a pretty good job of *hinting* its true nature in the origional, I believe the same feat can be accomplished today. Cid can still be rude to Shira, and it would still convey the correct story mechanics, while some squaresoft creativity could be put to work on a creative solution to the language issue... It IS a totally different world, mayby with its own swearwords. Anyway, not that my ideas are good ones, but I just don't wanna throw the baby out with the bathwater here!

I would also like to point out that Square addressed the issue of a remake at a stock-holders meeting... meaning individuals with controling intrest in square had to have been putting preasure on them. I've never heard of a statement like that, yoichi wada must have been backed into a corner to have made that drastic of a statement "the Final Fantasy franchise would be finished."

member_10438909
12th Feb 2013, 22:29
I know what you mean. I would still like them to one day make a decent attempt at remaking the game at some point. I dont mind if it takes a long time or if they want to focus on newer titles first. I hope they can handle the topics that are of concern now a days well.

And I honestly think Wada's statement was taken the wrong way. I'll say again that a FFVII remake is like a final resort. When the FF franchise has reached it's climax and they can do no more with it, then they'll go back and remake games like FFVII. That's how I saw it.

Actually if you want to talk FFVII compilation, I would like Before Crisis to either be brought over or remade. Interest from the director of the game has been shown to remake it for the 3DS. I'm up to play as a Turk.

sqex_3512591
14th Feb 2013, 00:08
i definitly hear you there HD graphics would e amazing on any of those games and ide jump at them in a heart beat especially final fantasy 9 with it being my all time favorite final fantasy. man though what i really want to see some time soon is for final fantasy 12 to make it to the PSN so square can take my money already lols. or even a HD remaster god ide die to have that game on my PS3 so i dont have to go buy a ps2 for it.

sqex_3512591
14th Feb 2013, 00:15
only problem with that is final fantasy 9 already surpassed 7 game was so much better..dont get me wrong 7 is an amazing game but 9 even better i loved how we went back to old style final fantasy with a old world steampunk setting. not to mention the amazing story and gameplay. i geuss it was largely i liked the fact that every character wasnt able to do all the same things as every other character we got variety even strategic gameplay with whom we chose to have in our party at any given time.

moooka
14th Feb 2013, 01:06
only problem with that is final fantasy 9 already surpassed 7 game was so much better..dont get me wrong 7 is an amazing game but 9 even better i loved how we went back to old style final fantasy with a old world steampunk setting. not to mention the amazing story and gameplay. i geuss it was largely i liked the fact that every character wasnt able to do all the same things as every other character we got variety even strategic gameplay with whom we chose to have in our party at any given time.

7 surpasses every other FF in terms of sales. It sold about 10 million physical copies. Wada meant that they will make a remake if an FF game sells more than 10 million copies, which is not gonna happen with the way they're doing the games nowadays.

destruction7
14th Feb 2013, 01:53
I think that Square Enix wants to release FF versus XIII and FF X HD first. Furthermore, this year was the 15th anniversary of Final Fantasy VII and we still have no information about a remake. I think -and this is a wild guess, so please think nothing of it- that the remake will be out for the 25th anniversary cuz it's always a big milestone for video game companies.

Until now no signal.

destruction7
14th Feb 2013, 02:00
They will prove new final fantasies are not specials.

OCDFIGHTER
15th Feb 2013, 18:08
If square were to remake FFVII for the next generation of consoles, naturally the graphics and sound would be updated&hellip; but should they really stop there? As those who appreciate the seventh installment of the series and understand it, what suggestions can we make to improve any potential remake for the next generation? It seems likely that if Square were to revitalize its crown jewel, there is an opportunity to expand the game-world and increase the overall quality of the experience.

Put quite simply, how might it be improved?

I would like to open the discussion by being the first to suggest expanding the environment of Midgar to truly feel like a large city. I understand the danger of how overcomplicating this could be, so to avoid a crippling experience for the player, it might be good if this added exploration came bundled with a side quest later in the game&hellip; possibly allowing one to visit the Plate at its conclusion.

FatSqueek
15th Feb 2013, 22:49
I simply can't play this game one its original consol no sir now how.

alanman178
15th Feb 2013, 23:04
I can't see how SE can expect to surpass their best work in the series without getting back to making the games the way they used to. You know, back when the games were about more than just the story and graphics. SE has attracted people who don't really care about that other stuff. There are also those who believe the series is only getting better. You'll find that those people usually only care about the story and/or graphics. As I've previously stated, the series used to be about more than just the story and graphics. It isn't nostalgia alone that's caused millions of people to scream for remakes.

alanman178
15th Feb 2013, 23:39
I like replaying it every now and then. I role-play with each character a little bit. I'll have certain characters only use certain materia. Kinda like a job system. The "Cover" materia for a "Tank", no magic materia equipped on "Melee" in order to eliminate STR penalties, "Restore" for "Healer", and a lot of other setups of course. I've done this kind of thing with many RPGs over the years. I'd like to see increased character customization in a remake of any RPG. I like being creative. You can't really do that in the FF series these days.

FatSqueek
15th Feb 2013, 23:49
Compared to other games, you really couldn't do that in old FFs either. XIIIs battle system is second to none, but the character stat/skill growth was dreadful. FFXIII had decent gear though, I'll give it that. Although almost no one knows how to efficiently use it. If you want customization, go with Ni No Kuni, although I'd argue that game has too much customization to the point of tedious micromanagement.

OCDFIGHTER
21st Feb 2013, 21:56
Frankly I would love any expansions on the story/environment to make the experience more immersive. Maybe a sequence where you play as Zack in a dream of Aris/Arith.

OCDFIGHTER
21st Feb 2013, 22:07
Oh wouldn't that be great? I'd at least like to find it in the app store if it has to stay on cell phones.

FinalDreamer11
22nd Feb 2013, 15:35
COME ON, THEY MADE MOVIES, SPINS OFF, RE-RELEASED THE GAME AND NOW SEQUEL? They Need To COME With The VIII!!! Most Selled ONE! I Don't Know WHY NOBODY SAYS THAT

destruction7
22nd Feb 2013, 19:35
Because they can make a real crap Final Fantasy 7 sequel,movie and others things.

MagiusNecros
24th Feb 2013, 11:17
FFVII wasn't even that good IMO. Good at the time when it made the leap from 2-D to 3-D sure, but I think people need to stop asking for a remake that won't happen for a while.

Besides FFV should come first, then FFVI, then FFVII, then so on. For fairness.

FatSqueek
24th Feb 2013, 14:20
Can we have a remake of FFXIII?

Mad_Angel
24th Feb 2013, 15:01

Yeah, that's an awesome idea. Heck, I hope the game Hashimoto begged us to be excited for is PS4's remake of FFXIII cause Lightning is such an awesome character and she deserves yet another game, three are just not enough. Crazy idea, maybe she should become a FF recurring character like Cid and appear in every FF game from now on.

Oh and if SE finds the time to fix some minor issues with FFXIII I would advise them to add an auto-run feature because FFXIII long corridors ruined the Y-axis of my dualshock controller. Additionally, it would be awesome if some of the cutscenes actually referenced the plot cause, although I love to read walls of text either from the in-game datalog or from ff-related wikis, it would be fantastic to see the game's plot rendered in 3D, something that apparently the PS3 could do but the PS4 may. I mean, don't get me wrong, FFXIII is perfect but maybe SE can spend another generation making the game even more perfect, if that is even possible.

FatSqueek
24th Feb 2013, 21:37
Now we're talkin' brodooskiii

member_10562789
24th Feb 2013, 21:56
Other then Lightning Returns, I don't believe they will have another FFXIII for another year (if they even make another). As for the new announcment, It will probably just be another look at Versus or just as likely, a release date on FFX from which I believe the Australian branch commented on earlier this year. We might also get to see a small mention of the new Kingdom Hearts. As for FFVII I doubt we would be seeing it or any other Post FF7 game remade for at least another 2-3 years assuming they start on one soon, which by all accounts does not sound like it.

Lito
4th Mar 2013, 19:34

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO FF7 = GREATEST GAME EVER MADE!

FatSqueek
4th Mar 2013, 19:40
Can we also have a remake of Crystal Chronicles? My hernia went away and I think I need another one soon.

Lito
4th Mar 2013, 19:40

I AGREE!!!! FINAL FANTASY 7 is the greatest game I have ever played. A better story will NEVER be told!

p.s. I heard a lot of rumors about game content being left out of the original version due to time constraints (e.g. resurrecting Aeris, fighting other weapons). If it gets remade, I hope that it is also 100% complete.

alanman178
4th Mar 2013, 21:35

I'm all for that. Maybe they can make it 'GOOD' next time. lol Nah, the game did kind of ok with what it had. The problem I had with it was that it didn't have much. Most of the FF games have their linear moments. But, they also have a decent amount of content and a little breathing room in between those moments. That little something for the 'RPG Geek' in all of us. :P

I hope we see more than just a FF7 remake in the future. I'd like to see FF6 and FF8 remade as well. There's nothing wrong with asking.

FatSqueek
5th Mar 2013, 06:45

I AGREE!!!! FINAL FANTASY 7 is the greatest game I have ever played. A better story will NEVER be told!

Snrk.

MagiusNecros
5th Mar 2013, 10:21

p.s. I heard a lot of rumors about game content being left out of the original version due to time constraints (e.g. resurrecting Aeris, fighting other weapons). If it gets remade, I hope that it is also 100% complete.

I think that's because it's the only RPG you played.

It's got a long way to go to reach BERSERK'S level of awesome.

FatSqueek
5th Mar 2013, 12:02
Isn't Berserk that crap anime based off that great manga?

Eurydemus001
5th Mar 2013, 20:56
I don't think FF7 should be remade while Square Enix is pumping out these awful Final Fantasy games. They're coming up with great stories and ****ing them over with really lame linear gameplay. Final Fantasy 10 was probably the last decent game. Even a slight change could leave people hating the remake more than anything else.

member_10146811
5th Mar 2013, 22:00
I remember reading that Square Enix has stated that they will not remake FF VII unless they need to in order the save the company. It seems as if the idea is a last resort to save the company if they were ever to get into an extremely bad situationt that could destroy the company. It makes sense, but I agree... it would be so awesome to play a modern FF VII. (Or FF VI for that matter because that was my first FF I ever played and I have a huge attachment to that game and story.) I hate to say it, but I highly doubt we'll ever see these remakes. :(

destruction7
5th Mar 2013, 22:16
This Final Fantasy is too old! no 1 million of people gonna care about this game to buy!.

Look Ni no kuni DS AND PS3 sales numbers!.

FatSqueek
6th Mar 2013, 07:23
Too bad Ni No Kuni was turned into an uninspired, cliche-ridden turd. Xenoblade and The Last Story were good though. Radiant Historia as well.

member_10012998
7th Mar 2013, 14:40
On the question of a remake for FFVII, I have lost all hope on this, but I would like to see it done. Part of that little kid in me wants to see it done so bad, but the grown up part is like... screw it, they won't do it.

MagiusNecros
7th Mar 2013, 18:50
Isn't Berserk that crap anime based off that great manga?

I only pay attention to the manga as it's far superior.

astrixstargax
13th Mar 2013, 19:38

VII, VIII AND IX WHERE GREAT GAMES. if the best parts of those games were compiled to a new game, maybe even use all the systems for different characters i think they may have something to go with, like a team with VII and IX characters would be epic. more items to find, make it a world crossover, the VII's highwind was a better ship then XI's, give the players a character customization option, weaponize the airships, design your own... bring all the chocobo games and events together, have mmo races, air battles, battle ring events, you name it. with the new games release they can really build up the game with re-releases turn it into the biggest game on earth! combine all the games and all the worlds, all the item, weapons, i can see a real boom. old gamers will come back to play their old favorites new gamers will get to see the beginnings, square has a chance here to dominate the gaming world. other companies could buy in and open shops in the on-line worlds... can you see it?

MethosX
24th Mar 2013, 17:07
thats not really saying anything....... even Square admits that FF7 was the most successfull RPG they launched... the CEO stated that they would conisder it for PS4 platform seeing as how successful it was on its initial launch- that was last year I believe. Only time will tell :)

alanman178
27th Mar 2013, 23:15
That would be epic! But I don't think Square Enix listens to what the fans want. They said it many times they don't want to make it.

And we're expected to accept that, and just mindlessly accept anything else the company feels like throwing at us. Some people say SE should 'not' remake the game. I guarantee that most of those people would still buy it. If SE announced a release date right now, it just might break the 'pre-order' record. lol A LOT of people would be all OVER it. Well, except those few people who didn't like the game, and hate the fact that they're in the minority so they blast the forums with the ever-so-popular term of "Over-rated". They only use that term to push some buttons. Well, that's what usually happens anyway. lol

member_10106548
28th Mar 2013, 00:10
I know as a die-hard FF7 fan, quite possibly the greatest RPG ever made, that a REMAKE of it would make all our dreams come true and could die happy! :)
Please consider our greatest wish... it would once again be the BEST SELLING RPG of ALL TIME...the most copies sold in a single week...the quickest game to 5 million copies sold.. etc etc...

won't happen any time soon, if it does i will probably need a new pair of pants.

alanman178
31st Mar 2013, 20:05
Maybe we'll see it after the PS4 has been out for a few years. The fans won't stop bugging SE until it happens. I remember people asking for a remake over 10 years ago. I remember thinking how cool it would be if they remade FF7 for the PS2. This started a long time ago. Long before the PS3 was released. Then, things REALLY got stirred up after the whole "Tech-Demo" fiasco. lol That ticked off a LOT of people. Myself included. That was the 1st time I got a little angry with SE.