PDA

View Full Version : Deus Ex: IW Music

Rain5467
27th Jul 2003, 06:14
Alex Brandon is doing the music again! How great is that?? This guy is my idol. One day I hope to create music as good as his. (fat chance). I have never had as big of an adrenaline rush as when listening to deus ex music. I think that is what made the whole game great. Just the neverending awesome music. Keep up the great work Alex! If you whip out more music as good as in Deus Ex, we will have another instant classic on our hands. I wish I knew his e-mail address because then I would send him money. I have all the deus ex songs on my hard drive. :D Here's hoping you read this and know how cool you are!

AlphaAssailant666
27th Jul 2003, 19:43
Yeah the music ws kick ass :cool: :D

soeren
27th Jul 2003, 19:57
Absolutely.

Hannibal
30th Jul 2003, 12:36
Did I read in another thread that the music will be eliminated and/or pared down?

BrainPrawn
30th Jul 2003, 12:38
Yeah. I remember reading sth about that too.

?

Gsus_5
31st Jul 2003, 22:37
Goddamnit! THat music so totally kicked ass....many of the "new" club-hits you can hear nowadays actually have sampled some of the Deus-Ex music...Not kidding!
Other great gamemusicbits are of course Hyperblade, OMF and OMF:Battlegrounds....hard-pumping stuff man! Downloads are possible from websites...

Picasso
31st Jul 2003, 23:35
DX2's music will be much more ambient than DX's. It will use tones and such, rather than (for example) an orchestral score. The goal is increased immersion.

Rain5467
1st Aug 2003, 04:44
Hey Gsus_5, can you post the links to that good game music? Picasso, I'm not sure it's possible to get more immersion than the original deus ex. I barely slept at all until I beat that game.
I think if Brandon is doing it, he will get it perfect. Although I hope Reeves Gabrels that did the club music is working on it too. I downloaded some of his music, I didn't like it nearly as much as his club music in deus ex.

If you think about it, every single classic game has had awesome music, with the possible exception of half-life. I don't remember the music from that game...

Gsus_5
1st Aug 2003, 12:03
Can't remember if there was any music in Half-life either... Anywayz, the music to OMF can be downloaded by searching for "OMF MP3 DOWNLOAD" at yahoo.com OMF:Battlegrounds-musicbits can be downloaded from www.omf.com but the hyperblade is really ****ing tricky to get a hold of...I've got the game, and the music is stored on the CD as .wav files, so I can just play 'em on my stereo...Guess they're availible of you search for "Hyperblade MP3 DOWNLOAD" at yahoo.com too...Also, check out the music that's in Mechwarrior 2...the best soundtrack ever! I think they used a longer period of time creating the music, than creating the game!

Hannibal
1st Aug 2003, 12:06
Originally posted by Rain5467
Alex Brandon is doing the music again! How great is that?? This guy is my idol. One day I hope to create music as good as his. (fat chance). I have never had as big of an adrenaline rush as when listening to deus ex music. I think that is what made the whole game great. Just the neverending awesome music. Keep up the great work Alex! If you whip out more music as good as in Deus Ex, we will have another instant classic on our hands. I wish I knew his e-mail address because then I would send him money. I have all the deus ex songs on my hard drive. :D Here's hoping you read this and know how cool you are!

How did you do that? Can you convert the music files from your hard drive? I downloaded a few, but I can't find some of my favorites, like the outside part of Area 51 and the top floors of the Versalife building.

The ambient music in Deus Ex was so awesome. It gave you the feel of being inside a really kickass action movie. I especially loved the MJ12 theme that came up a few times. It takes your breath away when you are in the Versalife labs, and you enter that huge, long red hallway and you hear that song.

soeren
1st Aug 2003, 15:48
Yeah, were you able to get the fight- and ending-music parts as well? Most players only let you play the main-part.

I used to be able to use Modplugplayer to listen to DX's music, but for some reason, it stopped working. It keeps aborting in the middle of the file.

sikko666
1st Aug 2003, 16:02
Deus ex music kicks so much ass!
How does he make it, is amazing, I can only wish...
+The music had bloody-well better be in the new 1

Ammo
2nd Aug 2003, 02:29
My favorite song on there is the one in the Underworld Bar at hells kitchen the first time your there. Its a keyboard doing a very simple yet awsome melody. And I love the theme song to.

sikko666
2nd Aug 2003, 06:42
I like the Hells Kitchen theme a lot, but I like most of the themes.
In fact Hells Kitchen is my favourite level over all, It was the best made, and it seemed so familiar if u no wot i mean. Its a shame they didnt add more to it, I could have explored that level for hours. Did u ever resque Ford Shick for smuggler from the secret MJ12 Hideout in the sewer system underneath Hells Kitchen? That, and smuggler were the best bits of that level?

Ammo
2nd Aug 2003, 13:10
Yes, I did rescue Ford the second time playing. Hell's Kitchen was a welldone level, though it seems rather strange going back so many times, I didnt know the fate of the world rested in a bum town in NY.

Hong Kong (as for level desine) was good, though the market place and mall was to small, the mall didnt have anything but that one store and Lucky Money.

Glassboy
2nd Aug 2003, 21:14
Originally posted by Gsus_5
Goddamnit! THat music so totally kicked ass....many of the "new" club-hits you can hear nowadays actually have sampled some of the Deus-Ex music...Not kidding!
Other great gamemusicbits are of course Hyperblade, OMF and OMF:Battlegrounds....hard-pumping stuff man! Downloads are possible from websites...

Where do you guys find all this stuff out?:confused:

Gsus_5
3rd Aug 2003, 03:40
We're just those kinda guys i guess...resourcefull...:)

Rain5467
5th Aug 2003, 04:43
Bad Idea Removed. Do not violate the community rules.

You mean Good Idea Removed. Jerks.

Le`Sauveur`De`Ces`Dames
5th Aug 2003, 10:37
I'm not sure this is the right place to post this...

doesn't such a deal break the rules on piracy, copyright, etc

I remebmer you this is the EIDOS forum....

Gsus_5
5th Aug 2003, 16:36
What was all this about then?

Rain5467
5th Aug 2003, 23:22
it was about me offering anybody who wanted one a cd full of deus ex music. I dont get how it violated community rules. Its not like they have a soundtrack for sale.

Picasso
5th Aug 2003, 23:35
There's a soundtrack in the GOTY edition.

Catman
6th Aug 2003, 00:24
Originally posted by Rain5467
it was about me offering anybody who wanted one a cd full of deus ex music. I dont get how it violated community rules. Its not like they have a soundtrack for sale. Offering copyrighted material to someone without the owner's consent is illegal. Whether it's for sale or not is irrelevant.

Gsus_5
6th Aug 2003, 00:45
I don't think Rain's idea was so bad...But I can see how someone might find it insulting...oh well, no harm done, eh? hehe...

Rain5467
6th Aug 2003, 00:50
Well wouldn't I like to get ahold of the owner. Would that be Alex Brandon, Eidos or Ion storm? I'm sorry I didn't know that the soundtrack is in the GOTY Edition.

sikko666
9th Aug 2003, 20:11
Ive been on army cadet camp and missed a week, but in reply to the fact that the hong-kong market palce and mall were not a. big enough b. detailed enough I AGREE!
Im sooooooo hoping that the new game will have truly intricate detail in the maps and some really big ones.

Florelle
10th Aug 2003, 14:53
My favourite music from DX1 was the Paris music - the ambient track with the piano sample. If anyone knows where I can get a hold of that I would be very grateful. I know you can get a few of the tracks at fileplanet but not all of them.

Lawnboy360
10th Aug 2003, 22:51
The theme, the intro, Paris and DuClare chateau are my favorites but they're all pretty good.

Florelle, the game of the year edition includes a soundtrack CD, so it should be easy to find. Maybe someone here has the mp3s?

drone1984
10th Aug 2003, 23:19
Hey Guys...

We all PAID for the Deus Ex game, and all the music is on our hard-drives if the game is installed - therefore THIS reply violates no rules.

The music is stored in standard Unreal Format - UMX, in the /music directory. Yes, you'll want to patch your game, because the patch comes with some new music. You can download a winamp pluggin to play these files here:
http://classic.winamp.com/plugins/detail.jhtml?componentId=49627
For those who want to change the medium [as outlined in fair-use laws, which RIAA has convieniantly forgotten, but I never will] you can use that input pluggin, as well as the diskwriter pluggin - and save them as WAVs. Note, this UMX pluggin only works for Winamp 2.x - in fact the new winamp 2.x release may have it already integrated... BTW - these are game music files, they are meant to be looped and faded - so the ends of them are quite chopped up.

Anyway... The music for DX2 being more ambient concerns me... While it's a cool idea to make it more and more immersive, sometimes it's nice to have that music. [like when you're saving & reloading while trying to beat a BOSS that's bigger than you] A game tends to get real hard in places - especially when you dont have much health left - and some good music will keep you in a good rythm, and help to carry the game through when you're having less fun than the other times... I REALLY liked the orchestral score of the DX1 music, in fact I listen to it a lot.

Oh well, I'm not going to condemn the music before the game comes out, lets see what they can do.

Trollslayer
10th Aug 2003, 23:39
The DX1 music was very good. There was only a problem to me, i'd find myself paying more attention to the music itself instead of the game at times :p Meaning id sometimes lose focus and started humming the tune, and then found myself surround by soldiers shouting "It's Denton! Aim for the head!".

So i guess it being more ambient and less catchy might help in that department :D

drone1984
11th Aug 2003, 00:07
Originally posted by Trollslayer
The DX1 music was very good. There was only a problem to me, i'd find myself paying more attention to the music itself instead of the game at times :p Meaning id sometimes lose focus and started humming the tune, and then found myself surround by soldiers shouting "It's Denton! Aim for the head!".

So i guess it being more ambient and less catchy might help in that department :D

LOL - I guess you're right, I remember that myself...

jegg
11th Aug 2003, 02:03
Hey, I own the original Deus Ex and I want to listen to the music. I tried to open the music files in Musicmatch Jukebox, but it turned into a UMX file, and I cant listen to UMX files, so how do I go about converting it into a mp3 so I can listen to music?

From_God
11th Aug 2003, 02:44
Uhhhhhhhhhhhh....
Don't send me letter bombs, or anything of the sort, please, but i HATED DX's muzak. I might actually be HAPPIER with no music or just a bit when i get discovered by enemies or the action gets hot.

From_God
11th Aug 2003, 02:48
Sorry. Just gotta say i did in fact LOVE the title music and I've found myself just staring at the metallic DX logo for like 10 minutes, listening to that music. I have GOTYE, so i have the CD that contains all the music. It's cool.:o

BrokenHelix
20th Aug 2003, 01:20
Du Clare Mansion was my favorite song group... Craving.... to play... getting stronger.... Bye guys. See you in a couple days, I'm digging back into the world of conspiracy and high tech augs again :)

cball05
23rd Aug 2003, 22:31
The DX2 music will probably be somewhat based on the first - look at this video http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=23024 and listen to the music as the helicopters fly away - sounds like a remix of the first DX tune. By the way, even if you don't care about the music that video is kick arse so check it out.

Machinax
23rd Aug 2003, 23:46
Music for the intro rocked. I especially loved the music that starts after the "WE'RE TOO LATE!"

I have the DX:GOTY edition, but not the soundtrack.

Favourite level for music was Area 51, above ground, before penetration.