PDA

View Full Version : Nemesis? possible spoilers.

4thSurvivor
27th Jul 2003, 05:53
I've only been lurking around the message board a few days, so I'm not sure if this has been brought up or if it's technically a spoiler. So I'll side with caution.

At the end of sr2, the creation of the soul reaver was averted when Kain pulled the blade out of Raziel. The fact that Kain is alive and Raziel isn't trapped in the blade (at least for the time being) mean much of the events of the BO1 timeline will be radically altered in Defiance. Without a Soul Reaver for Moebius to give to William and to Kain, how will the Nemesis' rise to power be averted? He could make a pretty cool boss for Defiance, as it would be up to Raziel or Kain to put him down.

I'm not even sure if this is a question. But I hadn't seen much talk of this here or on some of the other forums. If anyone has something to add I'm anxious to hear!

punkst4r
27th Jul 2003, 07:51
To me this sounds very interesting because I didn't really think about this at all...but don't worry there's a lot of people here who are hardcore fans of the series and I am sure that they will help you with you question.:D :) ;)

TwstdFate
27th Jul 2003, 08:43
Originally posted by 4thSurvivor
At the end of sr2, the creation of the soul reaver was averted when Kain pulled the blade out of Raziel. The fact that Kain is alive and Raziel isn't trapped in the blade (at least for the time being) mean much of the events of the BO1 timeline will be radically altered in Defiance. Without a Soul Reaver for Moebius to give to William and to Kain, how will the Nemesis' rise to power be averted? He could make a pretty cool boss for Defiance, as it would be up to Raziel or Kain to put him down.

Thats just it though the Soul Reaver will be created eventually. It doesn't really matter when it is created, because Moebius can travel back in time and place the reaver like he always has in the hands of William. Technically its already happened.

Unless something very unexpected happens Raziel's end game is predestined.

InsaneScorpion331
27th Jul 2003, 18:01
I think this is also being disscussed on the Nosgoth.net fourms.
Cheak thier too.:D

Matt
27th Jul 2003, 22:34
Gotta love bandwidth exceeded errors :/

Matt

Umah Bloodomen
28th Jul 2003, 00:39
Originally posted by Matt
Gotta love bandwidth exceeded errors :/

Matt

You don't receive that message from the forums. They are not hosted on the same space as the site.

Nosgothic Realm Forums (http://pub6.ezboard.com/bnosgoth.html)

I would also like to point out that there is a really good possibility that the William incident has been erased from the future due to the paradox at the end of SR2. It did happen at one point. The beginning of SR2 (which transpires 20 years after Kain murdered William during the events of BO) is proof of that. But the paradox occurred 470 years prior to this even. If it allowed for BO2, there is a good chance that the events of BO1 were altered as well.

TwstdFate
28th Jul 2003, 05:18
In that case Raziel should have been remembering things along with Kain. Also I believe that the events of BO1 had to happen just as they did for Kain and Raziel to even get to that point.

Its a domino effect, and I think something as important as the William event had to happen just like it did or else things like Raziel's first encounter with the physical blade in SR2 might not have happened. In that case his memories would have been altered just like Kains.

I could be totally wrong, because writers usually make up their own rules for time travel. I guess we will know in a few months.:)

Zephonim
28th Jul 2003, 09:21
Originally posted by TwstdFate

I could be totally wrong, because writers usually make up their own rules for time travel. I guess we will know in a few months.:)
They sure do so theres no point getting worked up about what coulda woulda,shoulda happen,tim e travel is strangeand with me its in one "era" out the other!

Matt
30th Jul 2003, 06:16
One thing that confuses me is the fact that early in SR2, Moebius says that he knew what Raziel would do before he [Raziel] did.

What I'm getting at is surely Moebius would know that Kain would show up and "save" Raziel and work around him. I dunno... its late and I get confused easily :)

Matt

Stukedogg
30th Jul 2003, 14:40
The Beauty of the whole thing is, yes he did know, he wanted it to happen.

Remember after Kain yanks the reaver out of Raziel (changing history big time) After all the new memories enter into his mind he says "The Hylden! We walked right into their trap." Mobius is in league with the hylden.

Zephonim
30th Jul 2003, 22:55
Yes Moby did build the eternal prison after all !and he was in league with the hylden all right how dya think they got Janos there before he was taken and used for the mass,cospiracy after conspiracy with these Dark gits