PDA

View Full Version : dsound.dll error message

ren102686
25th Jul 2003, 08:04
i'm getting this error message when pressing the "run game" or "settings" button before running aod:

"The TRAOD.EXE file is linked to missing export DSOUND.DLL:11."

not quite sure what this means... i just installed a new video card(i finally got it to work), could this be why? should i reinstall aod? any help would be appreciated... oh and another problem... when i go into the dxdiag utility and try to test the hardware acceleration, the screen flickers for a second then the window is closed and i can't see my mouse pointer! lol it's really weird, but i have to restart my computer when this happens. very strange... if anyone can help me with either of these problems, i'd be very grateful! thanks in advance.

GoranAgar
25th Jul 2003, 08:29
Reinstall your DirectX. Sometimes it doesn't notice the changes you make in your system.

Dino
25th Jul 2003, 09:56
DirectX 9.0b is now available on Windows Update.

ren102686
25th Jul 2003, 19:24
hey before yall replied i got annoyed and reinstalled AOD... well now every time i try to reinstall it, the pc locks up! argh... this is stressful... lol is there anything i can do to prevent it from locking up while installing?

vimmers
26th Jul 2003, 03:35
Originally posted by ren102686
hey before yall replied i got annoyed and reinstalled AOD... well now every time i try to reinstall it, the pc locks up! argh... this is stressful... lol is there anything i can do to prevent it from locking up while installing?

i got exactly the same error and will try to reinstall it
but cant i am in win2k