PDA

View Full Version : When's the second movie coming out?

RebeL_fARmeR
23rd Jul 2003, 12:20
I just want know how long I have to buy myself some AOD merchandise before Lara gets swallowed up by Jolie AGAIN and the only Tomb Raider merchandise we get is movie related.

Does Lara have long left... or should I place my order now in pre-empt of her dissapearance?

D3v1L80Y
23rd Jul 2003, 14:54
well you have two days....the release date for the movie here in the states is 07/25/03 two days away

DaveJ
23rd Jul 2003, 15:33
http://mysite.freeserve.com/ravana/ex_02.jpg

http://mysite.freeserve.com/ravana/ex_05.jpg

GoranAgar
23rd Jul 2003, 15:57
Let me help, Dave.

http://www.goranagar.com/SR/TRTNG.jpg

EddyBones
23rd Jul 2003, 15:57
Seriously, you can't dislike AJ that much. If Lara was played by anyone else you'd hate them too:rolleyes:

THE True Lara
23rd Jul 2003, 17:37
The official site did have an international release dates page, but it's mysteriously disappeared, and now the only date there is the 25th.

However I was watching Euro News just now, and there was a report which went something like this;
"traffic came to a halt on Hollywood boulevard today as Angelina Jolie attended the Premier of her new movie Lara Croft Tomb Raider 2: Cradle of Life .................will be released through out Europe during August."

And as my local flicks have no dates as yet, I'm still int he dark as to when it'll be out here. :confused:
hey ho.

Holly
23rd Jul 2003, 19:41
Originally posted by THE True Lara
And as my local flicks have no dates as yet, I'm still int he dark as to when it'll be out here. :confused:
hey ho.

August 22nd for the UK

The link is still there, you just have hit Enter the site then English Non North America then View International Release Dates

Lil Lara
23rd Jul 2003, 22:44
I'm excited to see it Friday and I think Angelina does a fabulous job! :D

Yeah, it is a bit sad that Lara merch (non angelina) is hard to find in stores, but you can find some online.

snake
24th Jul 2003, 01:22
To be honest, I didnt like the movie very much. Some parts were good and some not. I think though that Angelina was perfect in her role. Not only because her appearence is the most closer to Lara 's ,but also because she seemed to enjoy her acting as Lara. For people who are not TR players the movie looks trash. It happens with games which become movies. Mortal combat and resident evil are also trash. Actually I dont really care about next TR movie, it will be trash again. TR game is what worries me..............

DaveJ
24th Jul 2003, 07:52
Resident Evil was a fun, well made, effective movie.
Game purists may balk at the differences between the game and the movie, but to call it trash is a little unfair. One can like or dislike a film, but one must still be able to appreciate its technical and creative merits.

And to write off any film as trash before seeing it is doubly unfair.

Plus.... I think we all know enough non-gamers who have seen the movies in question and enjoyed them.

RebeL_fARmeR
24th Jul 2003, 12:10
Originally posted by Gandalf the Gray
Seriously, you can't dislike AJ that much. If Lara was played by anyone else you'd hate them too:rolleyes:

Hey woah, woah, what's all this HATE business? I don't HATE anyone... i'm just absolutely ****ing sick to the back frickin' teeth of seeing Anjelina bloody Jolie dominating the scene whenever the words Tomb, Raider, Lara or Croft are mentioned.

If it were someone else playing Lara then I'm sure I'd by now be sick to the back frickin' teeth of seeing someone bloody else dominating the scene whenever the words Tomb, Raider, Lara or Croft are mentioned.

THE True Lara
24th Jul 2003, 12:42
Originally posted by Holly
The link is still there, you just have hit Enter the site then English Non North America then View International Release Dates
That wasn't working for me for some reason though. :rolleyes:

That stinks that the UK have to wait another month for it to some out here. I'll be much happier when more companies start employing the single worldwide release date idea, a la 'X men'.