PDA

View Full Version : trailer#2: It rocks, but what if something in the game miss

Razielim BRA
22nd Jul 2003, 23:43
Hey everyone!! I´m new here. This is my first thread, although I have visit this Forum a lot.

and my question is: Can we really trust on these two trailers of LOk-Defiance?? I mean, do you remember a trailer of Sr2 that showed things that didn´t appear in the game?

well...I hope not be decieved this time...

Umah Bloodomen
22nd Jul 2003, 23:53
All games are subject to be edited many times before they are actually released. (As is very apparent in pre-release trailers).

I am sure many aspects from what we've seen via the current trailers will make their way into the final cut, just as there will be aspects that won't.

Besides, last-minute changes are good. It gives people like Blincoln a reason to continue their (his) site.

warpsavant
22nd Jul 2003, 23:54
I remember that one!

You are being deceived, but the trailer is real.

Zephonim
22nd Jul 2003, 23:59
Hi there and welcome to the forums good to see its still growing:D

As to your post i dont think we were deceived in any trailers just they released them before the game was finished ,then further down the line they need/want to change it so they do,and most of the time they cover there butts by saying "scenes contained within may not be in the final product" or something like that!

And i do agree with you tho i hope C.D start cutting out stuff we have seen but if they do well they will have there reasons .(probably to meet the release date of this year but i hope they get everything by then )
I say C.D take your time and keep it all baby!
http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/otn/angry/tdo3.gif

Kain's Ancient Blade
23rd Jul 2003, 00:56
Hey you forgot BO1 had sum stuff removed before release. Like the the cutscene where kain's human self is being murdered, and the human chess game with Vorador.

Wumpy Puppy
23rd Jul 2003, 01:31
Originally posted by DJpick
I'd say they're learning from each previous game about what will and won't work.
I think that Eidos has also (hopefully) learned by now not to push the developer to put out a game that isn't actually ready to be released yet, from what happened with BO2 and the latest Tomb Raider game.

Saitou
23rd Jul 2003, 12:25
Originally posted by Nelo
YEs i mean did ou see how HUGE her hands are ahhhhh!!!

Bigger then Moe's:(

Hahahahahaha, is that possible? I mean Moebius has some got some big ones. I hope they dont put pressure for the game to come out either, I want the best quality that CD has the potential to put out, with it being rushed mistakes can be made. On the kick of being deceived, I dont think thats what was intended with the two trailers, they just want us to have a general aspect on what to expect gameplay wise, they havent really revealed any story aspects so there cant possibly be deceptions, and I dont get the preception that there are going to be any that preview the story further, than what we already know.

jesta
23rd Jul 2003, 21:34
And who can forget they left out the most famous vampire never to make it into the game… Betty.

What a travesty that was.:(

The Amazing Rando
23rd Jul 2003, 22:41
Originally posted by jesta
And who can forget they left out the most famous vampire never to make it into the game… Betty.

What a travesty that was.:(

Technically, she was there, she was just hiding behind some rocks. And she wasn't the most famous, that honor belongs to Lord Butterfly, whose picture can be seen on inanimate objects, tho he doesn't appear.;)

jasonxxx
26th Jul 2003, 17:50
here is something kind of cool in the new trailer at about ten seconds in rith aroun no hero a quick pic of raz apears u have to pause it at exactly the right moment but it works

Zephonim
26th Jul 2003, 18:20
Originally posted by jasonxxx
here is something kind of cool in the new trailer at about ten seconds in rith aroun no hero a quick pic of raz apears u have to pause it at exactly the right moment but it works

You can pause the demo right at the start and use your keyboard arrows to scroll through the frames of the video and theres more than 1 pic of raz there(everytime there is words you see something)
This has already been spoken about in the new trailer forum aswell as others dont know how you misse it but there you go!:D

Shadow Man
6th Aug 2003, 17:14
Originally posted by DJpick
I'd say they're learning from each previous game about what will and won't work.

SR1 was the most DRASTIC change, I mean the whole ENDING was altered.

SR2 just had some reavers taken out, that didn't really alter the story TOO much, as well as some audio.

BO2 from what I remember, just had audio changes.

So Defiance will probably be pretty much an unedited game.

It would be cool to see the "Directors" cut of the first 2 games though, the SR ones I mean :)

You're pretty right but there was a good bit left out of BO1.

And Sr2, if I remember had areas, elemental reaver upgrade abilities, pillar glyphs, cathedrals, a whole chunk of storyline, and even complete eras in time left out of it.

While BO2 had changed events, deleted events, a steadily changing list of dark gifts, changed stealth abilities, and a deleted bonus mode when you completed the game left out.