PDA

View Full Version : DX2 gadgets!?

operative x
22nd Jul 2003, 23:41
What kind of gadgets do you think should be in dx2?! I was thinking how about that ap sensor thing from metal gear solid 2 that detects enemies and gives a little jolt of vibration from the controler, but for dx2 it could alert you by haveing a beep sound and as you get closer the beep gets louder. Or...(5 mins later)... hey! how about a hoverboard!... wait no, that doesn't really go with DX2, well anyway what do you think they should consider including in DX2.

Big Ragu
22nd Jul 2003, 23:56
Do you mean something like the heartbeat sensor from Rainbow Six? That would be pretty cool. Or a motion sensor like Avp.

How about a flashlight that you carry around so you don't use all your bioenergy in a dark area.

Or little spider robots like on Minority Report, you toss them them control them to see whats ahead. (I guess that is like a drone, but I would prefer spiders.)

Maybe different types of LAMs. One could be the regular explosion LAM, another could be a fragmentation LAM, another could ,after the initial explosion, break off into multiple smaller explosive charges then explode covering a much larger area than the regular LAM.

operative x
23rd Jul 2003, 01:09
wow! cool LAM idea. Or how about like in Splinter Cell Sam can slip a little camera/cord under a door and see who is inside. Or... how about a hook-shot like in batman and zelda.

Random
23rd Jul 2003, 05:27
Originally posted by Big Ragu
How about a flashlight that you carry around so you don't use all your bioenergy in a dark area.

In one of the E3 videos there's a flashlight on the pistol, so you may get your wish.

Big Ragu
23rd Jul 2003, 05:49
WOO HOO!

cball05
23rd Jul 2003, 14:58
I always wondered where that light came from - a flashlight is more realistic that a bioenergy light shining from your forehead.

Trollslayer
23rd Jul 2003, 16:11
You mean i don't get the chance imitate a walking flashlight again? :eek:

Damn, i was really looking forward to that </sarcasm>

nacr0mancer
23rd Jul 2003, 16:40
i heared there going to be glass melting upgrade on gun, so u dont break it and alert the enemy, sounds awsome. That be nice if they had something like holming bullets like in fifths element or ability to intercept enemy radio. Stuff like that would be cool, but im sure they will make something awsome.

Big Ragu
23rd Jul 2003, 21:17
I just think the ability to take over bots, see what they see, turn to a trooper and open up is going to worth buying the game, almost.

[SYN] Nexus
23rd Jul 2003, 21:42
Yep cant wait to control one of those big bots and shoot all those little soldiers to hell :)

Random
24th Jul 2003, 00:22
Originally posted by Trollslayer
You mean i don't get the chance imitate a walking flashlight again? :eek:

Damn, i was really looking forward to that </sarcasm>

It may well still be there, but the pistol light might be a weapon mod, along with that glass melter etc.

nacr0mancer
24th Jul 2003, 01:13
yeah glass melter is a pistol mod

cball05
24th Jul 2003, 01:24
Originally posted by Big Ragu
I just think the ability to take over bots, see what they see, turn to a trooper and open up is going to worth buying the game, almost.

that sounds like it wouldn't be too much of a jump from the camera system of DX1 - I hope you can control them just like the DX1 cameras and change them to fire at enemies

operative x
24th Jul 2003, 01:51
Have you guys seen the new multitool?! It looks like a freaken taser! What are they do'in to Deus ex2?!?!?!?!

Big Ragu
24th Jul 2003, 01:54
I think they are changing the effect of the multitool and simmerin' it down a bit before release.

operative x
24th Jul 2003, 01:57
They should just keep it how it was in the original but make it more *stylish* and more futuristic.

Big Ragu
24th Jul 2003, 02:19
I agree, instead of trying to show off graphics in uneccasary ways (multitool effect), I would be much more pleased if they used effects that would actually fit in with the world and be more realistic.

operative x
24th Jul 2003, 02:31
Geez I cant wait to see what they have done to the lockpick. :rolleyes: If that has not been droped to) They probably changed it into a danm glow in the dark spoon!:rolleyes:

PDenton
24th Jul 2003, 08:48
Originally posted by operative x
Geez I cant wait to see what they have done to the lockpick. If that has not been droped to) They probably changed it into a danm glow in the dark spoon!

I think that they've combined the lockpick and the multitool together. Though a glow in the dark spoon could be interesting. Mabee you could use that instead of the torch to save on bateries.

Le`Sauveur`De`Ces`Dames
24th Jul 2003, 09:23
I would like to see a ranged version of the prod (I know this exists in reality, and it wouldn't be too hard to implement)

unimatrix030
24th Jul 2003, 10:02
What about a prod mod that disintegrates the body's ya made?
So the AI can't find the guy ya killed... .

Le`Sauveur`De`Ces`Dames
24th Jul 2003, 10:40
you can already make the bodies disappear, by hitting them again when they are dead/unconscious

with a crowbar and untrained, it takes a lot of hits, but with good level in melee weapons and the dragon tooth, it's pretty fast

The_Monopolizer
24th Jul 2003, 13:56
That reminds me of something... I wonder - will the AI be able to see blood? That would be very encouraging for non-lethal. A huge blood streak leading to a dead body behind a dumpster could blow your cover...

I thought they mentioned this in an interview, but maybe it was just a discussion about the game, I can't remember.

WSimons
24th Jul 2003, 18:10
Originally posted by The_Monopolizer
That reminds me of something... I wonder - will the AI be able to see blood? That would be very encouraging for non-lethal. A huge blood streak leading to a dead body behind a dumpster could blow your cover...

I thought they mentioned this in an interview, but maybe it was just a discussion about the game, I can't remember.

That would be cool because it would be realistic, but I think I'd be caught all the time that way!!