PDA

View Full Version : EU Version - Language Options

Ritsu
31st May 2012, 23:54
I want to know if the American version of KH: Dream drop distance will come with multilanguage :0 I would like to reserve the "Mark of mastery edition" but don´t know if this version will come in Spanish : / I know many N3DS games have multi language and bring with Spanish option, I hope this game will not disappoint me, is the reason why I bought a N3DS.

Automaton
1st Jun 2012, 00:50
On a similar note, I really wish that we could see games like those in the Final Fantasy or Kingdom Hearts series recieve a "reverse-International" treatment: that is, being released stateside with the option to have Japanese language UIs and audio where it applies, much like Star Ocean 4's PS3 treatment. The precedent is there, but it's disappointing that it's not taken more advantage of.

As for KH3D, I've followed the game since its Japanese announcement, so I'm used to hearing it all in Japanese. (Miyu Irino and Mamoru Miyano. ;D) As for localized language support? The EU release will have it most likely but probably not stateside.

member_10818609
1st Jun 2012, 13:05
I don't know about multilanguage support, if past titles haven't had it than I'd assume KH3D won't either. ):

As for including the Japanese audio option, I can definitely see why it wouldn't happen on a DS title, there just isn't really room for it. But on the platform titles, fans would probably enjoy that huh.

Leoncito
10th Jun 2012, 23:37
Hello friends of Square-Enix, I know what will come language version of Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance for EU?, And if in English subtitles In what will come?, Thank you very much.

Automaton
11th Jun 2012, 18:17
Safe to assume English language track, with subtitles in English, French, Spanish, Portuguese, German, and Italian.

But that's only a guess.

InfinityFlame-185249
20th Jun 2012, 16:09
A product information update regarding KINGDOM HEARTS 3D [Dream Drop Distance]:

As we get close to the launch of Kingdom Hearts 3D [Dream Drop Distance], we want to make it clear to European fans which languages the game will be available in. Kingdom Hearts 3D [Dream Drop Distance] will be localised into English, French and German. The VO will be in English only, with English, French and German subtitles. In Spain and Italy the game will be available in Spanish and Italian boxes with accompanying documents, but the game itself will be playable in English only.

We want to make this completely clear for our European customers so there is no confusion. We hope all fans of the series will still be able to enjoy Kingdom Hearts 3D [Dream Drop Distance] and the fantastic new features it brings to the series; it’s a game we are really proud of.

I take this from the european site of Kingdom Hearts. What do you think about it? I am Italian and I really want play this game, so the only thing I ask you is to speak up and let us listen about this thing. Who is with me? (Sorry for the English...)

Giften
20th Jun 2012, 16:42
He's right, Kingdom hearts for so many years has been translated into Italian and Spanish!
It's not fair!
We are not the bottom of the heap! Shame!
You are a bad Software House!
If you sell it in Italy and Spain, you had 400'000 copies!!!!!

Zexych
20th Jun 2012, 16:44
I'm italian too.

I feel betrayed.

marcovolpe77
20th Jun 2012, 16:52
You made a very big mistake. Maybe in Italy 3DS hasn't been so popular, but in this way you will lose many italian and spanish supporters. You have to think twice.

theotherpromise
20th Jun 2012, 17:01
A lot of Spanish and Italian fans are thinking about not buying the game, even if they already got a pre-order. Square-Enix must do something about that like a patch, or otherwise this game i gonna get really poor sales in europe. At least a patch for the Italian-Spanish languages woul be good.

LizzieSora
20th Jun 2012, 17:06
I love Kingdom Hearts, it is my favorite video game. The English I don't know because in our schools don't teach well, so for me it would not be very fun to play a game where I'll understand little.
Please, let us get Kingdom Hearts 3D translated into Italian in Italy. Are ten years that we have the opportunity to play this beautiful game translated into italian, why you remove the subtitles right now? Why only Italy and Spain?
I love Kingdom Hearts and Square Enix, but now I'm disappointed.
I hope that the news given is just a joke.

Decay
20th Jun 2012, 17:24
I think not translating Kingdom Hearts 3D in Italian and Spanish isn't such a good idea because this will reduce the number of people who will buy it. Consider that the average age of the gamer of this fantastic Saga is around the twelve-thirteen years old, who are not very keen on English.
You have already done this mistake with Final Fantasy Dissidia 012: Duodecim, please don't repeat it!

Matquad91
20th Jun 2012, 17:33
Thanks for the consideration. In Italy Kingdom Hearts is very popular game. Despite this you don't translate the new game KH 3D in italian. Motivation? The subtitles are so expensive? There is talk of 50 € of game! Is very little hope for a location?

An what is the reaction to Nintendo's your choice? The reason why I took the Nintendo3DS is this game. Very nice.

Ritsu
21st Jun 2012, 00:47
I'm angry because this game will not be in Spanish and Italian!!! I Support for Spanish and Italian fans of the serie (And latin american fans too, we never been a kingdom hearts in Spanish or Portuguese in the american version), we deserve more games translated into our language!!
I had hoped that this game would include the Spanish language in the American version <__< but you are not even able to translate into to Spain, pretty sad!!! I have been disappointed, I buy a Nintendo 3DS just to play this game, i booked the mark of mastery edition, and you are not able to keep your customers happy :CCC Squeare Enix Please take better care of your fans, many people don't will buy your games only for the lenguage and is the and is the actual truth.

achico_xion
21st Jun 2012, 04:28
I don't get this commercial move. You digged a deep hole and then jumped in trying to break your legs...because it looks like this is what you wanted, lol.
As I wrote on SE's production informations about 3DS:

I have an italian KH's fanpage on Facebook, and a lot of people is disappointed...they're talking about never buying any Square Enix's game anymore, about signing the petition (www.gopetition.com/petitions/kingdom-hea... (http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/kingdom-hearts-3d-localization-for-spanish-and-italian.html)), about finding a way to crack the console and the game to patch it and things like this.
I'm know english a little bit, I think that playing it with english subtitles won't be a big problem. But, you know, this series is for CHILDREN...and trust me, children here in Italy don't know ANYTHING about english language.
I'm not going to insult you, or to say "I won't buy your games anymore!" (what games, anyway? FF XIII-13? Lol), but from what I've seen on italian pages and forums you won't sell many copies here. I even read that someone wants to buy the UK version, because anyway the game won't be in italian and because in UK games are cheap.
I'm...a little bit disappointed. You did this incomprehensible mistake with TWEWY, and now even with a big brand as KH? Do you spend your whole day having drugs?
Lol.
Bye, Square Enix. I will play this game on someone else's DS with an american copy...maybe in 2014, to make sure that I'll pay what this game really worth.

Sorry for the copy&paste, but since english is not my language I find writing this pretty hard and boring.

(sorry for my lame english)

francescodeleo
21st Jun 2012, 05:32
Please translate the game square enix kingdom hearts 3D in Italian and Spanish as well as many Italian fans Europeans were waiting with great anxiety, and since I know that kingdom hearts in 3D does not sell much in Japan here in Europe would make a clean sweep in many shops . So please do this even if you should move the European release date is not there pentireste because then you will be happy with the results I guarantee. Thanks for listening to me now is to decide what is most important to you or your money or many disappointed fans who lasciere the choice is yours.

Sorry for my bad English I wrote with the translator.

Dave
21st Jun 2012, 06:35
Wow Square, really? Are you letting down so many fans? Me and many others bought a 3ds just because of this game, and it isn't even out

yet. Is it because of the money? Because it's not profitable anymore? I can understand that. It would be great if you can give us this last

game translated in our language since it's many people's favorite series. Then, you can do whatever you want it's not like i really care.

You've been a huge disappointment lately and i don't wanna see another **** final fantasy game or similiar stuff.

Just so you know (and you probably do), people will still find a way to play KH 3D translated in their language.

Wheter it being getting a backup copy and translating it by themselves without paying for it, or signing as many petitions as they can and

bring their **** over there to scream how much they're pissed about all this.

Giften
21st Jun 2012, 06:42
I deleted the pre-order game, so you learn!
Do not tease the fans!!

You will have a meltdown on sales!

Boneless
21st Jun 2012, 07:04
Square-Enix, what are you doing? Don't you realize that if Kingdom Hearts 3D won't be translated into italian/spanish there will be a huge drop on its sales, and so less money for you in order to make new games? Do you really wat that bad to disappont your fans? If you keep on this way your name won't be enough to save you from bankruptcy, no one would buy games from a company which doesn't care about its costumers. You can't keep on spitting on us and think just about your wallet.

FenrirXVII
21st Jun 2012, 09:27
Please translate Kingdom Hearts 3D in Italian & Spanish, Please

I don't say other, because i cant

vincyotaku
21st Jun 2012, 12:10
I was very disappointed with the news that there will be subtitles in Italian game. After 10 I thought you had understood that in Italy and Spain there are many fans who have bought your products and gadgets. and the tenth anniversary so we left. the Italians and Spaniards are not junk, we helped ourselves in your market, we also helped to enrich. doing very well lose. Think about it.

Sans-pseudo
21st Jun 2012, 16:09
I support this, i hope it will be translated too.

darkshio
22nd Jun 2012, 05:17
Esto es una verguenza

1-/ al crear la cuenta no existe ni para elegir español, tuve que inventarme y poner venezuela ( sin racismo... salen todos los paises menos españa que grandes sois)

2-/ la gente esta que trina en españa, yo y muchos compramos la 3ds solo por este juego por verlo al menos con textos en español es indignante triste patetico y lamentable en siglo 21 una triple a como kh hacernos esta jugada ....

3-/ no me lo invento lo pone en meristation.com, 3djuegos.com , vandal.net todos hartos con ustedes miren los foros si no me creen

4-/ compre el final fantasy 12 el 14 y no son malos son lo peor el 11 de pc le daba mil vueltas que tiempos del 7 con squaresoft :)

5-/ en ingles va a comprar el juego quien yo te diga ale pa mi ya no sais mas que una empresa cutre y mal echa ojala seria todo como antoño como fue la gran squaresoft un abrazo

6 Good luck have fun

Matteo
22nd Jun 2012, 05:34
A product information update regarding KINGDOM HEARTS 3D [Dream Drop Distance]:

As we get close to the launch of Kingdom Hearts 3D [Dream Drop Distance], we want to make it clear to European fans which languages the game will be available in. Kingdom Hearts 3D [Dream Drop Distance] will be localised into English, French and German. The VO will be in English only, with English, French and German subtitles. In Spain and Italy the game will be available in Spanish and Italian boxes with accompanying documents, but the game itself will be playable in English only.

We want to make this completely clear for our European customers so there is no confusion. We hope all fans of the series will still be able to enjoy Kingdom Hearts 3D [Dream Drop Distance] and the fantastic new features it brings to the series; it&rsquo;s a game we are really proud of.

I take this from the european site of Kingdom Hearts. What do you think about it? I am Italian and I really want play this game, so the only thing I ask you is to speak up and let us listen about this thing. Who is with me? (Sorry for the English...)

Without a translation we aren't going to buy this game! Why do you do this to us? Talk to Nintendo and do something!

And look at this: www.gopetition.com/petitions/kingdom-hea... (http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/kingdom-hearts-3d-localization-for-spanish-and-italian.html)

Cryz
22nd Jun 2012, 06:04
Translations = Money. Is not very difficult, my dear Square Enix.

Matteo
22nd Jun 2012, 06:13
You can't do this to us Square Enix! We will never buy any of your new games if you don't translate it! At least create a patch! We aren't going to forgive you for what you've done.

Shiranui
22nd Jun 2012, 06:17
This is not fair!

It's already the second time that you do this. Dissidia 012 came to Spain only with a translation of the story and that's why I didn't buy it. I loved the first Dissidia game and when I saw that you were to release another game, I thought I would buy on the release day because I wanted to play it very much. Then, you sold it without a complete translation and I decided not to buy it...

I bought my 3DS because I also wanted to play Kingdom Hearts (it's my favourite game, or at least, it was...) and now, a month before its release day you tell us that it's going to come in complete English. Even in Italy. Before this, I was completely decided to buy it. Now, the most probable thing is that I don't buy. Maybe I could understand the game quite well but I think that Spanish and Italian people have the right to can play it in our own language.

The worst thing is that, besides you sell it only in English, German and French, it will be more expensive in Spain than in other countries which have the game in their language. It's totally unfair. You should think about it twice. I think most people would prefer that you postpone the release date if with that, we could get our game in our language.

And another thing, Square Enix... Spain isn't in the list of countries at the register options. Maybe you should change that.

If my English is not very good, Im' sorry, really. I hope that you can understand it.

-Ven-
22nd Jun 2012, 08:39
please Square, please! You can translate this game! We love the saga why do you haven't traslated the game?

You can make happy a lot of persons. You can't consider yourself a BIG company if you don't make happy us, your fans!

-Ven-
22nd Jun 2012, 08:40
A loto of fans bought 3DS for only this game! Please don't make bad your fans!

Excuse me but my english aren't very good.

Matteo
22nd Jun 2012, 11:21
Is there anybody here???? We need answers!!!

Lilletto
22nd Jun 2012, 13:57
S:E We wait for KH Italian Thanks

sLmOuYeah
22nd Jun 2012, 16:04
LOL What? No spanish? LOOOL!!!!!!!. Okay, I thought the fact they didn't release RE:Com in Europe YET was the worst thing they had done. But this is even more stupid. It's not hard nor expensive at all to translate texts into spanish, the second most spoken language over the world, or any other language.

If you are so RAT not to translate even the SUBTITLES of this game (yeah, we had already assumed we wouldn't have DUBS, thx, but SUBS??!) , and you don't even let fans perform a Collaborative Translation which would be translated in less than a week and for free, then all I can say to you is: GOOD LUCK, i'm not gonna buy this game at all, and i'll totally encourage other people to do the same. No more RE:COM again, THANK YOU.

What a shame, honestly. Money screws everything, I hate this... 2012... and no spanish translation.. Shame, totally... shameful. Period.

Don't be selfish, hire a translator,
or we now assure you'll regret it later.

You can condemn, or you can redeem,
it's all up to you, that simple and clean.

maurichio
23rd Jun 2012, 01:31
I thought buying this game as I am a big fan of this series, but I will not buy anything because I was disappointed by not including translation into Spanish. ARGENTINA AND LATIN AMERICA ARE ALSO ON PLANET EARTH

maurichio
23rd Jun 2012, 01:32
* I thought buying this game as I am a big fan of this series, but I will not buy anything because I was disappointed by not including translation into Spanish. ARGENTINA AND LATIN AMERICA ARE ALSO ON PLANET EARTH

maurichio
23rd Jun 2012, 01:47
Soy de Argentina, gran fan de esta serie, jugue a todos los Kingdom Hearts que salieron y esperaba este con muchas ansias incluso estaba juntando dinero para poder comprar la edicion coleccionista del juego, pero me decepcionaron much*simo al no incluir traducción al español, debido a ésto no voy a comprarme el juego hasta que Square Enix aprenda a tomar en cuenta a los que somos mayor*a en América, el pueblo Latinoamericano. ¿Por que solo sacar traducción al inglés y francés si el idioma predominante en América es el español? Soy un fan totalmente decepcionado...

English:

I'm from Argentina, big fan of this series, I played Kingdom Hearts all who came out and waited eagerly for this was even raising money to buy the collector edition of the game, but disappointed me greatly by not including Spanish translation, because I will not buy this game until Square Enix learn to take into account that we are the majority in America, the Latin American people. Why take only translation into English and French if the predominant language is Spanish America? I am totally disappointed fan...

(sorry for my english)

sLmOuYeah
24th Jun 2012, 07:41
News about translation:

img39.imageshack.us/img39/8580/troleosqu... (http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/8580/troleosquare.jpg)

YoungXehanort
24th Jun 2012, 23:58
Yeah I know, I'm mexican but this is kinda impossible, birth by sleep was the only who has it, because the localization was really long, we need to stop judging Square Enix for what they do in Europe at least they localized the game in english it would be worst in japanese you know, I know that America have only the KH games in english but dont you think that it helps for understand more lenguages, I'm writing in english because I learn alot with the untraslated games so I'm kinda fine that we wont have KH3D in spanish but to be honest if it is that would be better not only for me for all the NA KH fans.

B163F
25th Jun 2012, 09:25
Es una gran desepcion para todos los fans que han seguido la saga de kingdom Hearts ya que el nuevo juego tan esperado para el Nintendo 3Ds
Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop NO SERA TRADUCIDO EN ESPAÑOL

/tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-cry.gif/tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-frown.gif/tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-cry.gif en mi manera de penzar me desiluciona ya que estanba esperando la preventa de coleccion....
espero que este blog sea de gran importancia ya que no creo ser el unico fans que tuvo la desilucion al ver esta noticia en las diferentes
paginas como www.3djuegos.com/noticias-ver/126197/34-... (http://www.3djuegos.com/noticias-ver/126197/34-nintendo-remarca-que-la-decision-de-no-traducir-kingdom/)

Este es un llamado para SQUARE ENIX y para todos los Fans que esperan jugar Kingdom HEarts 3D En ESPAÑOl...... </pre>

Shinku_05
25th Jun 2012, 11:15
Hola!!!!! yo tambien quiero la traduccion y no soy la unica ^^
miren!!!!!!
www.gopetition.com/petitions/kingdom-hea... (http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/kingdom-hearts-3d-localization-for-spanish-and-italian.html)

no estas sola amiga ; )

Zonadictoz

cgreene
25th Jun 2012, 14:16
Hello Leal,

Thank you for posting about this issue regarding your desire for more translations of SE games. We appreciate your input and your enthusiasm for our games. In the future, these types of suggestions would be better directed to our feedback site at: support.na.square-enix.com. There, you can find places to leave feedback of this kind so that the staff responsible for making those decisions will see your comments and have the opportunity to take the appropriate steps.

Thank you again, and have a great day.

member_10057843
25th Jun 2012, 18:07
You guys are being very rude. Calling SE names and making threats of never buying their games makes you seem low; I felt bad for Italy, Spain and Latin America for not being able to understand the story; I even signed the petition. But now that I keep seeing so much bashing and stupid comments, I regret feeling bad in the first place. :/

jwood
25th Jun 2012, 19:06
Hello Jesus Manuel,

Thank you very much for posting your concerns over whether or not this Kingdom Hearts game will be translated into Spanish. However the Square Enix Members forums are an English language forum. While cultural differences are respected, please avoid excessive use of other languages on the forum. When posting on the forum, its best to allow everyone to read what you say, so that users from all sides can join on the discussion. Due to this we will have to lock this thread now. Thank you again and take care.

-SE MODERATOR-

sLmOuYeah
26th Jun 2012, 12:20
Joseph]

Hello Jesus Manuel,

Thank you very much for posting your concerns over whether or not this Kingdom Hearts game will be translated into Spanish. However the Square Enix Members forums are an English language forum. While cultural differences are respected, please avoid excessive use of other languages on the forum. When posting on the forum, its best to allow everyone to read what you say, so that users from all sides can join on the discussion. Due to this we will have to lock this thread now. Thank you again and take care.

-SE MODERATOR-

"When releasing a game, it's best to allow everyone to read what it says, so that users from all sides can understand the storyline."

-ME-

sLmOuYeah
26th Jun 2012, 12:27
You guys are being very rude. Calling SE names and making threats of never buying their games makes you seem low; I felt bad for Italy, Spain and Latin America for not being able to understand the story; I even signed the petition. But now that I keep seeing so much bashing and stupid comments, I regret feeling bad in the first place. :/

Yeah c'mon, it's not like english speakers wouldn't do the same or even worse if this game wasn't translated to english, don't you think? I thought so.

Hala
26th Jun 2012, 13:34
Actually translating games into other languages is very important.

Not only for satisfying fans, and selling more, but also it will inspire people in those countries and will attract them into gaming industry and developing games.

I don&rsquo;t like the fact that only America and japan are dominating on this industry.

I know it is not square enix fault, but it is part of it&hellip;.

Every year couple of games (big ones at least) should be translated into all languages.

But unfortunately, if they will not make enough money they will not do it (I&rsquo;m not speaking about square enix alone)

member_10057843
26th Jun 2012, 16:09
Only in an alternate dimention where Disney didn't speak English would that happen; and that's not the point, you're supposed to be convincing SE to give you guys subtitles and expressing how much you love the series and want to be able to understand the story this game has to offer. Not threaten them and spit out foul things...maybe it's just me, but that wouldn't convince me to do anything for you if I was in SE shoes. You're not wild animals. > >

bworley
26th Jun 2012, 18:58
Hello sLmOuYeah,

Please refrain from creating redundant threads to discuss a topic. You are welcome to discuss this issue here (/go/thread/view/139243/29191069/Translation_for_the_italian_and_spanish_fans). Thank you.

sLmOuYeah
28th Jun 2012, 15:47
Just watch any gameplay of this game in Japanese, before it is released outside of Japan, and read all the rude comments about it being in japanese and not in english yet. And those comments are just because it is not in english YET, I can barely think what they would do if the game was not translated to english at all. I leave that to your imagination.

PD: Spain and Italy winning Eurocup HAHAHAH I don't care who wins, what I find funny is that Spain and Italy are the only winners, the only ones you don't wanna translate to. WE AREN'T EUROPEANS EH? TAKE THAT!. GOOD LUCK TO SPANISH AND ITALIANS :D

Post update [09/07/2012 - 15:30 UTC+1]:

"Following our recent announcement that KINGDOM HEARTS 3D [Dream Drop Distance] would be localised into English with English, French and German subtitles only, Nintendo Ibérica has taken the decision not to act as distributor for this game in Spain. For those who still wish to buy the English version of the game in Spain, it will still be available through select retailers and it will be on sale from 20 July 2012.

We understand that there has been huge disappointment from fans in Spain, as well as other European countries. We completely understand this and we are sorry that we have not been able to fully satisfy all the fans needs for this version of the game."

Yeah, at least Nintendo supports the fans. Thanks for nothing Square, see you in p2p.

member_10057342
9th Jul 2012, 23:55
I feel so bad for the spanish speaking gamers... this is not fair for them or any country that really loves the series and want to play them. While I may be Mexican-American and speaks spanish and english, I don't think this is right. My cousins from Mexico really really love these games and are completely dissappointed that there is no translation at all!

My only question is why? Why now? I mean they used to do this to all the games and now, they don't want to accept their customers in spanish speaking countries? I don't get it. If anyone can clear this up for me... I'm confused.

member_10057342
10th Jul 2012, 00:03
Only in an alternate dimention where Disney didn't speak English would that happen; and that's not the point, you're supposed to be convincing SE to give you guys subtitles and expressing how much you love the series and want to be able to understand the story this game has to offer. Not threaten them and spit out foul things...maybe it's just me, but that wouldn't convince me to do anything for you if I was in SE shoes. You're not wild animals. > >

While I do agree with you that instead of just commenting things that will hurt the cause more than help it, some people just can't help it. I would be pissed off too if my favorite game isn't in my language. And HELL I'M HISPANIC AND I CAN UNDERSTAND BOTH LANGUAGES! But It's not right that this game, that everyone is waiting for, becomes unavailable to any spanish speaking or italian speaking countries!

But while I am not going to be saying things that will hurt this more, I say instead of just threating, keep making petitions and writing to them! No lewd language, just professional language where they understand why we want this translated. This may sound super american-ish, but divided we are useless, but united we are more powerful! I know if we keep making noise and posting, they'll listen. I know I seen it with my own eyes, I used to be part of the Ubisoft forums and when we didn't like something for Assassin's Creed, we made noise and the company listened. Just keep trying!

sLmOuYeah
10th Jul 2012, 20:24
They made their decision, nothing to do here anymore. Let's just wait for 2nd hand versions of this game for 9 &euro;, or fan-translated ones, so Square Enix don't see a single euro/dollar from us.

In the end, we win and they lose, they chose it that way, not us.

member_10057843
11th Jul 2012, 00:06
I can't say I'm surpised by the turnout. There's a lesson to be learned here, how NOT to react when wanting to solve issues. > >