PDA

View Full Version : Failed to setup Direct X?

LaraAngelOfDarkness
21st Jul 2003, 18:15
Ok can anybody help me with this I see this message when I try to start up Tomb 4. I'm not sure what to do. :( I'm pretty sure I have the latest version of the software but it refuses to let e play the levels.

dhama
21st Jul 2003, 19:49
This really is down to updating all your drivers. First off, make sure you have the latest directX drivers for Win 98, and then install the latest video card drivers. I feel sure that after this everything should work fine.

Collin
21st Jul 2003, 19:53
You can get directx9 at the microsoft site (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=a19bed22-0b25-4e5d-a584-6389d8a3dad0&displaylang=en) (just click the link)...... ;)

dhama
21st Jul 2003, 20:26
You should only use directX9 if your video card driver supports it. Check for updates at your video card's manufacturers website and read the 'readme' to to see if it's compliant. If the latest drivers aren't compliant, you should only use directX8 and no higher.
I also believe DX9 is really for XP etc. and not for ME and lower, but you should check out Microsoft website to make sure.