PDA

View Full Version : HUD question

cball05
21st Jul 2003, 14:57
I was looking at the circular HUD (which doesn't seem as bad as many make it out to be) and I was confused by the bars on top: one for health, one for bioenergy, and one for....? Any ideas on what that top bar is for?

Big Ragu
21st Jul 2003, 18:16
Its like in Thief, it shows the amount of light int the area. It helps a lot and adds to the stealth gameplay that the game DOES support.

cball05
22nd Jul 2003, 15:09
Thanks - i never would have guessed that, but it seems like a cool feature. that also implies better AI, if they can only see you in the light.

Le`Sauveur`De`Ces`Dames
22nd Jul 2003, 15:19
I think it was already the case in DX1. they could not catch you if you were hiding in the shadows (except if they had seen you before, and followed you)

Big Ragu
22nd Jul 2003, 17:44
Yeah, it just didn't have a nifty sensor like now.

cball05
22nd Jul 2003, 19:32
I was replaying the game and I was wondering - if you are using the dragon's tooth sword, it gives off light, right? So does that allow enemies to see you better? Is it possible to be stealthy while still using it?

Mr.Tellurian
22nd Jul 2003, 23:39
I don't think it works that way. You know Sam Fisher, right? You know his active-Nightvision-goggles, his greenish glowing PDA and stuff that can ALWAYS be seen. But they can't be seen by the enemies. That one the one hand cool and stylish but very unrealistic on the other.
I guess it is the same thing with the Dragon Tooth. Though I havn't tried it out... I put it away in situation where stealth was requiered just for the roleplaying factor, I mean even an standard issue blade is best not drawn until the very moment of the strike because it still reflects light...

Big Ragu
23rd Jul 2003, 05:54
I always had my dragon tooth out, good flashlight in tight places. But I can't remember any situation which I was spotted while trying to be stealthy and I had the dragon tooth out.

Bottom line to answer your question, 98% sure the dragon tooth dosn't draw extra attention.

cball05
23rd Jul 2003, 14:55
Thanks - i just felt stupid trying to be stealthy and holding a huge glowing sword at the same time. But it does seem to cast light, because it can be used as a flashlight...