PDA

View Full Version : Spoiler about Kain. (from a preview)

Embla
21st Jul 2003, 10:07
I just read another preview of Defiance, from Playstation.no (in Norwegian) where it says:

(Translated)
Kain can`t shift between the two planes the same way Raziel does, but he is improving his skills each time he enter the spiritual realm.

http://no.playstation.com/news/newsStory.jhtml;jsessionid=ZN5QFVU40B4JWCQSBLWSMFQ?storyId=104085_no_NO_NEWS&linktype=MPC

I can`t recall reading about Kain dipping into the spiritual world in other previews.

Matt from Spam Buddies
21st Jul 2003, 10:42
If I wanted to be sceptical, then I'd say maybe the article meant, "... but Kain is improving his skills each time Raziel enters the spiritual realm".
Like to compensate the fact that Raziel can enter the Spectral Realm and Kain can't, maybe Kain's skills improve more or faster than Raziel's.

But If I'm not sceptical, then I'd say... interesting. :)
I do hope the article's speaking the thruth... this sounds too intrigueing... :)

Thanks for sharing, Embla!

- Matthew

L_Master562
21st Jul 2003, 16:29
all could, couldn't they or something? Soul Reaver sez in the manual they all dipped into the underworld/purgatory, so who knows. Melchiah could have had an advanced form of that power.

Matt from Spam Buddies
21st Jul 2003, 17:10
Originally posted by L_Master562
all could, couldn't they or something? Soul Reaver sez in the manual they all dipped into the underworld/purgatory, so who knows. Melchiah could have had an advanced form of that power.

Yes, mate, we're quite aware of that, but I'm intrigued will they plant this feature in LOK-D for Kain and how is it supposed to work in-game... Interesting... I think we'll get more information next month, when the gaming magazines return from their summer vacations and another invasion of previews comes.

- Matthew

fneh
21st Jul 2003, 18:36
I've never seen Kain in spectral in sr1.

rahab didn't enter it either.

punkst4r
21st Jul 2003, 19:52
I read that only raziel can shift into spectral realm.

garbagefanuk
21st Jul 2003, 20:26
Melchiah could, so could Zephon for a second and i can't remember if Dumah could... Kain might be able to evolve it later on... never know

fneh
21st Jul 2003, 20:33
Dumah could fight in spectral......if you entered his throne room in spectral you can talk in spectral together then he'll attack you even though his body is impaled on the throne..

xarax
21st Jul 2003, 20:38
SR1, Raziel was originally supposed to get Kain's shift-at-will ability. The SR1 ending was changed, so Raz didn't get a chance to whack Kain. However, there are some SR1 bosses that could shift, and Kain did some kind of shifting/teleporting during the two fights (at the pillars and in the chronoplast room).

Kain wasn't visible in the spectral realm, although he could have been in a different temporal "slice" of the spectral realm. Time stops in the material world relative to the viewpoint of the spectral realm. If Kain and Raziel enter the spectral at different instants (even just milliseconds apart), then they would never see each other.

SR2 demons could also shift into the spectral *and* had the ability to shift exactly to the spectral timeslice where Raziel was at. Raziel couldn't hide from the demons by shifting to spectral. The demons were capable of timeshifting, as well as spectral shifting. Rather annoying...

Anyway, shift-at-will is probably not in LOKD, so there's not much point now in speculating whether Kain actually has that ability in the published LOK storylines.

Riovanes
21st Jul 2003, 21:20
Kain is actually visible for brief periods in the Spectral Realm when playing SR1. This occurs only during the time when you fight him for the Reaver at the Sanctuary of the Clans - shift to Spectral and just watch - he'll continue teleporting around the room, but he'll fade in and out much faster than he does in the Material Realm - I can only assume this is because his appearance in the Spectral Realm is indicative of the time it takes him to shift planes relative to his appearance in the Material Realm.

Anyway - if you're interested, go look - he can shift in and out as well. Zephon does the same thing.

BAH!!!

Saitou
21st Jul 2003, 23:13
Hey Nelo forgive me, cause I can see you dont know much about X-Men but dont ever call Nightcrawler the blue thing again bro:p Hahahaha J/K; but yes when Nightcrawler teleports he enters another dimension though he doesnt realize it because its basically instantaneous, you can tell because of the smell of sulfur and brimstone from the dimension he teleports to, he also leavs a bamf! sound. On topic though:D All of the brethern could enter the spectral realm and I'm assuming Turel could aswell and as Riovanes said Kain enters also but very briefly.

Dark God Francisco
22nd Jul 2003, 17:22
Originally posted by Riovanes
Kain is actually visible for brief periods in the Spectral Realm when playing SR1. This occurs only during the time when you fight him for the Reaver at the Sanctuary of the Clans - shift to Spectral and just watch - he'll continue teleporting around the room, but he'll fade in and out much faster than he does in the Material Realm - I can only assume this is because his appearance in the Spectral Realm is indicative of the time it takes him to shift planes relative to his appearance in the Material Realm.

Anyway - if you're interested, go look - he can shift in and out as well. Zephon does the same thing.

BAH!!!

Strange im playing that battle right now and im in spectral and I can't see Kain at all am I doing something wrong note im playing the PS1 version.

kain to raziel
22nd Jul 2003, 17:56
In BO1 isn't Kain also half in the spectral world and half in the material world when he wears the "wraith armour"?

Vampmaster
22nd Jul 2003, 18:45
No, it's just the armour that's in both realms. I think if Raz wore it it might shift with him. It would be interesting to see what effect it had on him other than making him take less damage.

kain to raziel
24th Jul 2003, 23:45
Then why did Kain's magic and health distribute evenly when damaged in BO1 when wearing the wraith armour? If not for Kain not being fully present in the material world and being half in the spectral world when wearing it. He had to be at least partially in spectral because his body was also transparent when wearing wraith armour.