PDA

View Full Version : " And the reaver is the Key "

Fox
21st Jul 2003, 05:49
Hello guys. Even thought I dont post here a lot I just had to put this up. My gut instinct is teling me that the same way Janos told raziel that the reaver is the key, I think that everybody has overlooked this. The second trailer says that there is nobody to stop this " evil " but it doesnt say there is something that can stop it " soulreaver ". Think about it kain has it, raziel has it. They could not exist at the same time or can they ? The soulreaver was forged for a purpose what is its purpose? we still dont know and I can bet you anything that it will come back to this in the end.

I just had to post this and something tells me I am right. Also the swords the rock demons are holding look awfully similar to the reaver, Dont you think ? We will see what happens but I would bet money on it.

Matt from Spam Buddies
21st Jul 2003, 09:22
Welcome to the forums, mate.

The stone statue Ancient Winged Beings wield stone replicas of the Blood Reaver, as Lucent said.

As for Your "gut instinct"...
I think that almost none of us, LOK fans, have overlooked Janos saying the Reaver is the key and the theories related to that...

- Matthew

Stukedogg
21st Jul 2003, 14:02
That's why in BO2 when the SL had control of the Soul Reaver, he had control of all of nosgoth and he was even able to open the Hylden Gate. It all makes perfect sense.

http://smilies.crowd9.com/otn/other/bulbool.gif

Matt from Spam Buddies
21st Jul 2003, 14:07
Originally posted by Stukedogg
That's why in BO2 when the SL had control of the Soul Reaver, he had control of all of nosgoth and he was even able to open the Hylden Gate. It all makes perfect sense.

Meh?

- Matthew

Stukedogg
21st Jul 2003, 16:21
meh?

Dude. Don't you see? I see now. When the Sarafan Lord took the Soul Reaver from Kain he finally had the key. That must be how he opened the Hylden gate. Isn't it wierd that whoever is in control of the soul reaver seems to be the one who is in control of Nosgoth. (for the most part.)

Matt from Spam Buddies
21st Jul 2003, 17:03
Dude. Don't you see? I see now. When the Sarafan Lord took the Soul Reaver from Kain he finally had the key. That must be how he opened the Hylden gate. Isn't it wierd that whoever is in control of the soul reaver seems to be the one who is in control of Nosgoth. (for the most part.)

Erm...

-scratches head-

The gate thang was due to the Nexus Stone, was it not?

I don't think the Soul Reaver held that much of importance in TLOKS-BO2... At least so it seems... I could be horribly wrong, but I don't think it was that crucial in TLOKS-BO2, mate.

- Matthew

§ycavier
21st Jul 2003, 17:38
but you guys are forgetting the first part of the statement

"the pillars are the lock and the reaver is the key"

and if my memory serves me right, in the murals in SR2 down in the basement of the pillars (where the elder god was). They showed the Ancients erecting the pillars and the hylden were being pinned down by them (the pillars). Making the pillars a device that held the Hylden down into their own dimension.

Also i think that its not just a coincidence that the elder god's origin is at the bottom of the pillars. And he is trying to slither up them as if trying to breech them from below. Mobius, who is in my eyes evil, serves the elder god. The elder also released the demons on raziel in SR2.

So basically i beleive that the elder is some kindof Hylden "thing" that has great power somehow and that the SL in BO2 used the Soul reaver in some way with the pillars to bring the Hylden back into Nosgoth. And that certain members of the human race are just puppets for the hylden.

Stukedogg
21st Jul 2003, 18:43
That's exactly what I was trying to say. They pillars are the lock and the reaver is the key.

fneh
21st Jul 2003, 18:48
The gate thang was due to the Nexus Stone, was it not?

no. the nexus stone sealed the gate. The gate was opened because of the rift made when kain chose to damn the pillars according to Janos.

The Hylden gate was open before the SL had the soul reaver. That's how he got out in the firstplace. The gate jsut got bigger over time I think.

The SL did rant about mastering the soul reaver during the final fight with him though............

I'm sure all will be revealed soon enough.

Vampmaster
21st Jul 2003, 19:23
If the Pillars are the lock and the Reaver is the key, then the nexus stone is the lockpick.

punkst4r
21st Jul 2003, 19:49
That makes scence the reaver is the key and the pillars are the lock or atleast the gate.Did you notice how the Elder God got bigger as the the pillars decayed even more?:confused:

Stukedogg
21st Jul 2003, 23:50
So the reaver has always been able to open doors. The pillars are a seal that holds the hylden in the demon demension. Maybe the reason they're related to the health of the land is because part of the demon demension merges with the real world. You know it leaks into nosgoth and causes corruption. That's why the demons from that realm were able to break into nosgoth to fight Raziel. And that's why they know so much, they're sided with the hylden.

Sade Lyrate
22nd Jul 2003, 04:59
Originally posted by punkst4r
...Did you notice how the Elder God got bigger as the the pillars decayed even more?:confused:

Or then his/its growth has all to do with just time...
and nothing/very little to do with corruption...

Personally, what teases me is the fact that there are
thousands of tentacles/likes littered throughout the
Dark Forge in SR2...

Have folks here considered that a key has another function,
besides opening locks? It can also _lock_ them...

Yours, with deference

Fox
22nd Jul 2003, 12:19
After reading pick's post about the balance guardian, I think that if you piece everything together it makes perfect sense but there is one thing, they changed the story and that played a big role in the fact that your theory is not the truth as it stands now. Because the legacy of kain franchise is very important to eidos they had to milk it a little bit more, hence the hylden. If what he said in his post where to have happened the series would have ended right there. Everything could have ended after soul reaver the first game but they decided to keep adding to the story as they went. According to amy the story is already written or at least a big chunk of it. I for one think she is pulling a George lucas on us and there is nothing wrong with this. They are writting it as they go. Not only that, more than one person is writting it hence the inconsistencies with blood omen 2 ( unless they plan to take three more games to tell the whole thing ) .

For example there is no bigger clue than the fact that the game is taking a whole new approach with defiance. Not only is it taking a new gameplay approach but it is also going to tell the story diferently than any other game before in the series with the exception of blood omen 2. It has been said that it will feaure chapter progression like blood omen 2, wondering why ? because to tell a story of this magnitude you cant be spending precious time moving blocks all over the place and now you are dealing with the point of view of two characters and their direct influences on everything. They need to make this " their knight in shinning armor ". If defiance sucks then the whole series is in jeopardy. They already screwed up with Lara and with blood omen 2. They have screwed up before with all kinds of glitches. For the sake of my sanity and the sanity of everyboard member here please dont screw this one up.

I guess that this really has nothing to do with the topic I started but just had to get it out there.

Johnny_anoniem
22nd Jul 2003, 12:41
Originally posted by Fox
big story...

You're comparing Lara with Soul Reaver, but you forget that, although they have the same publisher, they are both created by a different software house! And as for Blood Omen 2.. it was also created by different persons (within the same software house), but I'd have to agree with you that they never should have done that! Blood Omen 2 should've been created by the original Soul Reaver Team, but hey.. let's hope they show us all their skills again @ LoK: Defiance. I know the original Soul Reaver team is able to create a game that will totally own! :)

On Topic: Although the reaver is the key, I don't remind anybody (in the game) saying the exacts words that the reaver was the key TO OPEN THE GATE TO THE HYLDEN DIMENSION.. so it can be a key for anything! It could be the key to restore the pillars (in some kind of way not with a lock or something..) and by restoring the pillars it would also lock the gate again, I personally think in that direction :). Tell me how you guys think about that :). Also note that they never said that the reaver was a key as in a key to open doors etc. it could also be a key in the figurly (is this the correct word??) way of speech...

Stukedogg
22nd Jul 2003, 13:40
Dude, please.

You open doors with the reaver at every turn in SR2. And as

Janos so boldly states. "The Pillars are the lock." I guess that could mean many things, bit it could also only mean one important thing. The stories need each other so much, the hylden had to of been in mind from the very beginning. All I really know is I NEED ANSWERS.
http://216.40.249.192/s/cwm/3dlil/errr.gif

Johnny_anoniem
22nd Jul 2003, 17:52
Dude, please.

Janos so boldly states. "The Pillars are the lock." I guess that could mean many things, bit it could also only mean one important thing. The stories need each other so much, the hylden had to of been in mind from the very beginning. All I really know is I NEED ANSWERS.

If it's a REAL key in this circumstance doesn't mean that it always has to be one, does it? It might be a figurly key in the whole story...

punkst4r
22nd Jul 2003, 20:42
Dude, please.

When did janos say that "The Pillars are the lock"?I remember that he said the reaver is the key but that's it.;)

someguysteve
22nd Jul 2003, 23:49
When did janos say that "The Pillars are the lock"?I remember that he said the reaver is the key but that's it.

When he and Raziel met in the aerie they begin to talk of the Reaver, thats when Janos says the pillars are the lock, then Raziel replies and the reaver is the key and Janos agrees. maybe thats backwards but it both statements are implied to be true.

on the topic i think that when Janos says that the binding must be secured he means that they only did a partial job with the pillars in the beginning and the guardians were a quick fix. Raziel being special would then use the reaver to finalize the process ending the need for guardians and maybe even the lands dependance on the pillars. i'm not sure exactly how i came up with this though

punkst4r
23rd Jul 2003, 00:05
Originally posted by someguysteve
When he and Raziel met in the aerie they begin to talk of the Reaver, thats when Janos says the pillars are the lock, then Raziel replies and the reaver is the key and Janos agrees. maybe thats backwards but it both statements are implied to be true.

on the topic i think that when Janos says that the binding must be secured he means that they only did a partial job with the pillars in the beginning and the guardians were a quick fix. Raziel being special would then use the reaver to finalize the process ending the need for guardians and maybe even the lands dependance on the pillars. i'm not sure exactly how i came up with this though

I'm gonna check into this and then i'll let you know.

Stukedogg
23rd Jul 2003, 02:04
It's true. if you have the game beat just check the dark chronicle. It's right there.

jasonxxx
26th Jul 2003, 13:59
hey guy when janos says that the pillars are the lock and raz says that the reaver is the key. i am almost 100 percent sure that raz is talking about the sr but janos was talking about the blood reaver that makes sence because when the pillars were used to banish the hylden there would not have been a sr it would have been the br right so the key to wich u both keep refering is probably the blood reaver. or janos also says that the reaver was forged for u and u alone right. so what if janos knew that it would take razes soul to make it more powerful creating a kind of super key which could be used to banish the hylden for ever