PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye & thank you Jeremy Heath-Smith, -post your messages here.

THE True Lara
20th Jul 2003, 21:47
To reitterate what I said in the other thread;
-As we all seem to be rather unhappy about Jeremy Heath-Smith's departure, I feel it would be a nice gesture on our part - as forum residents- to send a collective email expressing out condolences, and thanks.

So if you'd like to post your messages below (nice ones only please), at the end of the week we'll see about forwarding them to him some way/ some how (I've not entirely thought that part through yet...)

If you've no idea what'm ranting on about check here;
http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=20550

Thank you.

Deekman
21st Jul 2003, 16:08
Re-iterating:

"Whatever the reasons for Jeremy Heath-Smith's exiting Core, I wish him the best. He's given us so much." - Deekman from previous thread.

Good luck in your future endeavors. Know that you've given us
hours and hours on end of pure fun and entertainment.

CatSuit&Ponytail
21st Jul 2003, 17:01
Originally posted 07-15-2003 10:34 PM by CatSuit&Ponytail
As to JHS's leaving. I think it is very sad. I would have liked to see the originals stay, but maybe he has plans like the Blizzard fellows. That might be a good thing. But I am sad to see him go. He was very pleasant to talk to, and very excited about AOD. He tried very hard to give the fans what they wanted, or so was the opinion I had of him. I wish him well.

My feelings haven't changed. Jeremy, it was a pleasure meeting you, and I want to thank you for a world of pleasure you will never realize that you and your crew made possible for me and my husband. Without Tomb Raider we would never have met. I thank you for the games, which have all been incredibly enjoyable, and all the things that have occurred directly because of them... I wish you some of the happiness you have helped to bring me. Have a bright future, friend.

Truly, Cat

DaveJ
22nd Jul 2003, 09:18
Jeremy
Wishing you all the best in your future ventures, and thanking you for many hours of escapist adventures in all 4 corners of the globe!

TR introduced me to the world of gaming, and to some truly wonderful people here in the forums, people who have become good friends in the real world too.

Regards,
DaveJ.

GoranAgar
22nd Jul 2003, 10:06
Wishing you all the best for your new adventures in the undiscovered country.

Thank you a lot for everything. ;)

Have fun,
GoranAgar

Tipsko
22nd Jul 2003, 10:33
Tomb Raider is travelling without standing up from your chair. I really appreciate that work!

Good luck and many thanks
Tipsko

TombRaiderChik
22nd Jul 2003, 15:55
Myself, and many many others, wish you all the best of luck! thanks soo much for what you've done for us die-hard Tomb Raider fans. :)

Yours Truly,
TRChik

LARAMANIAC
23rd Jul 2003, 14:57
May your future endeavours be as successful as Tomb Raider!! I thank you for the Tomb Raider experience from the bottom of my heart, I have spent many an hour invigorated, confused, but always happy with Lara Croft. Live long and prosper - to coin a phrase!!!! ;)

May the sun always shine on you,
Laramaniac

BlueSkiesXXV
23rd Jul 2003, 15:29
Good Luck and thanks for all those great games.
Lots of fond memories from playing Tomb Raider over the years!!!

Jewell
26th Jul 2003, 01:48
So sad to see you go...
I appriciate so much what you've created for us; a wonderful gaming experience and even more wonderful people to talk to on this forum, neither of which I'd have if it weren't for you.
I wish you the best of luck... and know you will be greatly missed.

-Jewell

JohnRaider
26th Jul 2003, 03:06
Jeremy,

It's been a pleasure playing tomb raider. I don't know what I could do without the series. I wish you the best of luck and thank you again for creating the world of tomb raider! :p

Jack_Raider

Raven
27th Jul 2003, 00:28
Jeremy, I was really sad to hear that you were leaving! I hope everything goes OK for you in the future, and you have my heartfelt thanks for all the fun I've had adventuring with Miss Croft.
Your work is, and will continue to be, greatly appreciated..... no matter where Lara goes from here on, we will never forget you or your part in the Tomb Raider story :)

~Raven

[As for how to send these messages onto Jeremy, THE True Lara....perhaps just send them to Core Design via their website with a request that they be passed to Adrian, who could then send them directly to Jeremy?)

THE True Lara
27th Jul 2003, 21:16
I emailed the directors PA a few days back on the matter, and am waiting for a reply (if any).

nowalruses
28th Jul 2003, 18:47
Jeremy, wherever you go and whatever you do, know that you made thousands of us happy. You gave us something amazing and we won't forget it. Thank you.

LARAMANIAC
29th Jul 2003, 22:28
Originally posted by THE True Lara
I emailed the directors PA a few days back on the matter, and am waiting for a reply (if any).

Any news yet TTL???

THE True Lara
30th Jul 2003, 15:51
Predictably no. :rolleyes:

I just hope J H-S gets the message. :(

Jinxxabelle
4th Aug 2003, 16:25
Good Luck Mr Heath Smith, it's been one hell of a ride. :)

owen10
4th Aug 2003, 16:41
Your involvement in the Tomb Raider series won't be forgotten. Thanks for all the happy memories. :)

D3v1L80Y
4th Aug 2003, 18:05
Thank you sir, your contributions to the video game industry shall not be forgotten. Luck be with you in your future endeavors.

midroth
5th Aug 2003, 03:22
Jeremy,

I would like to say you how great your Lara was/is for me, how many fun she makes to me, how good it was to relax with her, and, and, and. But all I can say now is:

Thank you very much for all, good luck to you and your family!

Sir, you have my respect.

Michael

Ben Landsberg Tomb Raider
10th Aug 2003, 22:41
Jeremy,
You changed my life FOREVER by creating Lara and don't ever think that we will forget about it. I will always remember you as the one who created my favourite person in the whole world.

thanhkim
31st Aug 2003, 09:35
Dear Heath-Smith,

Thankyou for always taking care of our dearest Lara and Tombraider you will be missed.

Thanhkim

Blind Intentions
4th Sep 2003, 18:00
I feel ashamed to say thank you from an Eidos forum, but it does not make it any less heartfelt. Thank you for the many years of fun and entertainment in the Tomb Raider series and wish best of luck to all in the future

marsoa
22nd Sep 2003, 18:32
Dear Jeremy,

the Tomb Raider game helped me a lot in my life. Not just because I enjoyed to play the marvellous game, but also because I found my true love in here just a short while after joining the Eidos forums, so...as you can see, Lara Croft has influenced my life a lot :)

The game helped me out of my life problems as when I played it, I discovered that I shouldn´t whine about my problems, and that my sorrow had been caused by supressing the real 'me'. That I should sort out my life and start living it the way I WANT. The game set me free which I am grateful for a lot :) :) :)

We will miss you very much, Jeremy. Good luck in the future and take care.

Thank You :)

marsoa X

Cleber
20th Oct 2003, 00:22
Dear Mr. Heath-Smith,

I would just like to say that you really changed History.
You have changed all our lives with your creations. You have always surprised us increasingly since the first Tomb Raider.
You must realize what greatness you have caused to us funs.
I truly hope and I am sure you will be forever in our hearts and the next generations's ones as well.
You are my idol. I realize how hard is to create anything that would bring happinness to our lives.
I wish YOU ALL THE BEST.

Cleber

shaggygrrl
8th Nov 2003, 06:11
Dear Mr. Heath-Smith,

I would like to extend my gratitude for all the Tombraider games you have worked so hard for... It's been a constant inspiration to all young men and women out there and it's given me access to places I can only dream of! I wish you the best of luck in your future ventures!

Chris Daly
10th Dec 2003, 22:57
Thanks Jeremy
I have so much enjoyed the game, , the possibilities
of what was coming up next , has had most of us
absolutely thrilled for years, and to quote your own
words "its just a matter of where and when"

Cheers / Chris