PDA

View Full Version : DD-Day

Zephonim
20th Jul 2003, 18:56
Defiance Demo Day,, the day when we get our first course of LOK Defiance
I want to know when we will get one and will it be announced on the Lok website as they dont have the new demo there (last i checked)
I doubt there will be one on the September(as they are released a month in advance here)console mags,but am keeping my Fingers crossed and hoping for a playable demo by September (October issues)
http://216.40.249.192/s/contrib/edoom/downloading.gif

Omni_Sephiroth
20th Jul 2003, 19:03
I wont a Downloadable 1 For PC

chaotic_blue
20th Jul 2003, 19:41
in all honesty... ive been waiting impatiently for this game a long time... so really, it doesnt matter what kind of demo i get. ill
take any demos of defiance i can get.

Matt from Spam Buddies
20th Jul 2003, 19:51
LOK-D PC demo? Hah. You're going to have to wait for a looong time, mate. I'd suggest You to get that desire out of Your head, immediately, unless You're a very patient person and don't mind waiting. :)
I even doubt they'll make one. Perhaps... No? Whatever.

As for the LOK-D PS2 demo... be on the lookout for PSM2 when it returns in the beginning of August from their summer vacation.

I know I will. ;)

- Matthew

Sarxis
20th Jul 2003, 20:45
Don't expect a demo. All of the LoK games are ports to PC.

Matt from Spam Buddies
20th Jul 2003, 21:03
Originally posted by Sarxis
Don't expect a demo. All of the LoK games are ports to PC.

Um... no, no, no...

We can expect a demo, but perhaps not for the PC.
But for the PS2 and Xbox, I do believe the gaming magazines will throw something out when the summer vacation's over.

And as for the "All of the LoK games are ports to PC", I think You meant the right thing, but that was inaccurate.

All LOK games are ported on the PC, from the console versions.

So yeah, I think we'll get the PC demo pretty much the same time the game hits the stores. You know, for people who don't pretty much know of the game, but see "Hey, a demo! Cool, I'll download it!" or something like that.

That or we wont get a PC demo at all... We'll see... Time will tell... time will tell...

- Matthew

Zephonim
20th Jul 2003, 21:22
alas poor pc only owners ,i feel for them.... well....not really;)

Matt from Spam Buddies
20th Jul 2003, 21:30
Originally posted by Zephonim
alas poor pc only owners ,i feel for them.... well....not really;)

You "feel for them"?

Feel what? Pop-corn? Ninjas? Pillows?

- Matthew

Zephonim
20th Jul 2003, 21:34
i meant i feel sorry u picky percy;)
and if i was feeling anything it would be my xbox controller in 1 hand and the ps2 controller and i would let out a mighty laugh haha:p

Zephonim
20th Jul 2003, 21:36
i meant i feel sorry u picky percy;)
and if i was feeling anything it would be my xbox controller in 1 hand and the ps2 controller and i would let out a mighty laugh haha:p
True that the left hand wouldnt know what the right hand was doing but id laugh still :D

Matt from Spam Buddies
20th Jul 2003, 21:40

You got one of them smaller Xbox controller versions that weigh only 10 kilos?

You know You can use an Xbox controller as a cold weapon, or for pounding a nail into the wall, or for grinding stone. You can also put it in a grizzly-bear's cage. So it knows that someone bigger's watching over him.

- Matthew

TwstdFate
20th Jul 2003, 21:56
hehe...Xbox bashing, my favorite sport.;)

I hope when a demo does come out for PS2 I actually have one.

Zephonim
20th Jul 2003, 22:03
there also approved by the American demolition ball corporation hehe
and no i aint got a small pad for it yet but i am getting a ps2 converter so i use my ps2 pad to play all types of games ,i aint got big yank hands with lightbulb fingers hehe joke joke

chaotic_blue
20th Jul 2003, 22:08
actually... about zephonims whole 'i feel for them' thing.
i felt as though he was relating to BO1. kains response to
nupraptors head...
"alas poor nupraptor, i knew him well...
well not really."

also, id have to say that xboxs were originally made to
be weapons. afterall, the weight enough to crush
an elefants scull. but they are also good for playing
halo... thats about it. oh yeah, if i were to get an
xbox demo of defiance, id take to one of my friends
who tragecly fell victim to the xbox scam...
you know, the one saying that they were good for
gaming.

Zephonim
20th Jul 2003, 22:32
you were correct i was refering to nupraptor Matt just likes to pick(you know u do)he knew aswell and can we @least mention demos while we are trashing xboxes(which i own and bought second hand)they are good for some games but back to the demo(for now)i wanna feel how the game runs ,its no use watching a video i wanna play now or soon

Matt from Spam Buddies
20th Jul 2003, 22:33
You should be solving crimes, chaotic_blue.

As for the Xbox controllers again... erm... oh wait... all out of Xbox controller jokes...

Well... You get the point, they're big and stuff. Crush things. Make Your own jokes.

- Matthew

chaotic_blue
20th Jul 2003, 23:05
unfortunatly, im only good at guitar and art. sorry, to let you
down matt... no crime solving for me.

by the way, how do xboxs run games like Blood Omen 2???
i mean with the controls an all. i wouldnt think itd be all
that bad with an S-type, the buttons are all lined up the
same... sorta. but those normal controls have the buttons
all goofy... i dont think i could handle playing a game like
defiance on it. i am too used to the ps controllers.

punkst4r
21st Jul 2003, 02:54
Playstation controllers are easiest to use.....and a demo would be good by now or any time as long as it's about a month or two from release.:D

chaotic_blue
21st Jul 2003, 03:08
punkst4r, that is the funniest gif image i have ever seen in
my life.

Rook
21st Jul 2003, 03:45
Originally posted by chaotic_blue:
punkst4r, that is the funniest gif image i have ever seen in
my life.
It's also obscenely huge! 330KB?! I'd advise changing it.

Originally posted by RedLegg:
Signatures Please note that signatures must be no larger than 150 pixels high x 450 pixels wide and have a file size no greater than 30KB. This size restriction applys to pictures and text. There can only be two lines of text included with a picture. No signature picture can include any copyrighted material, unless you can prove you hold said copyright or proof of permission from the copyright holder. Public domain pictures are acceptable. Signature pictures will not contain any material that is inappropriate. (see above) We or our forum leaders will have final determination as to what is appropriate.

Matt from Spam Buddies
21st Jul 2003, 09:11
Originally posted by chaotic_blue
unfortunatly, im only good at guitar and art. sorry, to let you
down matt... no crime solving for me.

Oooh. Nice. :)

Then You must come to the "Monthly LOK Fan Contest" thread and sign up for the art contests.
We're starting in August, You still have time.
And punkst4r, same goes for You. :D
The thread is located in "Community Chat".

Oh hey, click right over here (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=19090).

- Matthew