PDA

View Full Version : Opening Cutscene for Defiance

Kain's Ancient Blade
20th Jul 2003, 16:41
This is a thread i'm starting for people to discuss what they think is going to happen in the opening cutscene of Defiance.

Like how do Kain and Raz end up 500 years apart. Does Kain decide to grap the Reaver and Jump in a portal to prevent Raz from getting sucked into the Blade. Or is he thrust back in time, and then goes on a search for Raziel.

I'd like to hear everyone's opionion.

Omni_Sephiroth
20th Jul 2003, 17:37
I recon it will either start off with Kain Escaping the Sarifan Fortress or Raziel endin up some where like the Elder-Gods Chaber with him sayin "You have betraide me Razel you are not worth"
this is probhably nothing like what will happen though :D

someguysteve
20th Jul 2003, 17:51
i wonder if we'll see squiddy's body (instead of tentacles) in the first stage. i think for Raziel, in the first stage he'll be drawn deep into the earth by EG to keep Raziel from doing anything.

I wonder if Kain will get his own intro for his first stage, but with Moebious still around Kain will probably try to escape before he is disabled, finds the time streaming chamber is the only way out and chooses 500 years into the past of future (i can't remeber which) for some reason.

Valaquen_
20th Jul 2003, 18:14
I think it'll start the same way SR2 did, by showing what happened last, SR2 showed Raziel meeting Kain in the Chronoplast, Defiance might show Raz vs Raz, then after showing an FMV of the SR2 ending, it'll cut to the story proper.

Kain's Ancient Blade
20th Jul 2003, 18:16
1. What's to say the Reaver wouldn't turn on Raziel right there and again if he came into contact with it again. Raziel says himself that he had only postponed his inevitable destiny.
2. Thus maybe Kain jumping into a time portal to make sure it is prevented at the time being.

Zephonim
20th Jul 2003, 18:29
i also think it will be an fmv of what happened @ the end of sr2
then when raz slips into the spectral realm it will continue from there as raz says "and there waiting for me as always was the reaver ,my own soul " it seemed to me that he was gonna have some change come over the reaver as its now in unknown territiory(it should be in the blood reaver by now).
So basically i think we will find out the different attitude the reaver has to Raziel at the start of the game.
Oh and if im right about that then i think we will find out about how to shift realms aswell.

Kain's Ancient Blade
20th Jul 2003, 18:35
I can only imagine how awesome the FMV opening cutscene is going to be (and the whole game for that matter). I just so excited about it But I'm sure CD will suprise us all and will be totally shocked about it.

Defiance. My anti-drug.

warpsavant
20th Jul 2003, 18:39
I think Raziel getting sucked into the sword at the end of Sr2 had something to do with Moebius. If he took the sword from Janos in the Aerie I don't think that would've happened (i.e stab 'imself) That is not Raziels intended destiny and Raziel really has no clue about what he postponed because he is a twit.

I agree that it'll be an FMV, but I think maybe they will also show some other(unseen) event that is a result of the end of Sr2. Not sure.

Omni_Sephiroth
20th Jul 2003, 18:39
i wont the Demo or the Opening clip to be relesed on Eidos like for Sr2 :D

punkst4r
20th Jul 2003, 19:24
Originally posted by warpsavant
I think Raziel getting sucked into the sword at the end of Sr2 had something to do with Moebius. If he took the sword from Janos in the Aerie I don't think that would've happened (i.e stab 'imself) That is not Raziels intended destiny and Raziel really has no clue about what he postponed because he is a twit.

I agree that it'll be an FMV, but I think maybe they will also show some other(unseen) event that is a result of the end of Sr2. Not sure.

I don't think that raziel being sucked into the reaver had anything to do with Moebius....he was supposed to be sucked into the reaver that's why there was a paradox when kain saved raziel from being sucked into it.What happened at the aerie was supposed to happen thats why at the beggining of SR2 he saw the picture of Janos' heart being torn from him(because the wraith raziel lead the Sarafan to Janos Audren)....but I agree that non of that would have happened if raziel had taken the reaver from Janos.

http://smilies.networkessence.net/s/cwm/cwm/killtard.gif

warpsavant
20th Jul 2003, 19:47
Originally posted by punkst4r
I don't think that raziel being sucked into the reaver had anything to do with Moebius....he was supposed to be sucked into the reaver that's why there was a paradox when kain saved raziel from being sucked into it.

But all of that is a result of Moebius' game.

punkst4r
20th Jul 2003, 19:54
But wasn't raziel meant to be sucked into the reaver?

http://smilies.networkessence.net/s/cwm/3dlil/eek13.gif http://burns.thefinaldimension.org/ups/kamikaze/smilie_barf.gif

warpsavant
20th Jul 2003, 20:04
It looks that way, but, no one knows for sure. No one really knows what Raziel's destiny was/is or what the Ancients intended to happen with him and the Reaver. But its pretty obvious Moebius wanted him in the Reaver, as that is how Moebius manipulates Kain and William. I think Moebius has some serious problems right now since there is no Soul Reaver.

Osyris
20th Jul 2003, 20:08
i think that the CG intro to Defiance will probably map out the Legacy of Kain Series from Blood Omen right through to the last sceen in SR2.

the reason i say this is cause most of the time you find an artical about Defiance they go on about how they are trying to make the series more accessable to the uninitiated, and the backbone of the series is the story, so i think they'll try and emphasise that part of the game and draw folks in, in the intro.

Originally posted by Riovanes

Given that the first stage of Defiance is the Spirit Plane - I'm pretty sure the opening scene will have something to do with that, and likely involve the Elder God.

apparantly Kain starts the game (looking for raziel, im told), not raziel, so i think what became of raziel will be a mystery to begin with.

punkst4r
20th Jul 2003, 20:11
Which of the trailers do you think will be the official trailer for the game?

Zephonim
20th Jul 2003, 20:13
Originally posted by punkst4r
Which of the trailers do you think will be the official trailer for the game?
possibly the newest one as its more like the one i saw of sr2

Osyris
20th Jul 2003, 20:17
dont you think they would use a trailer featuring the completed game?

like with the matrix reloaded i seen 2 different teaser trailers before the full on theatrical trailer was released.

punkst4r
20th Jul 2003, 20:21
Theres usually two trailers the action one and the one that has to do with the story.
http://mindscraps.com/s/cwm/cwm/eek2.gif

Zephonim
20th Jul 2003, 20:21
Actually there wasnt any dialogue in the demo so there will hopefully be a longer one on the way:D

Osyris
20th Jul 2003, 20:26
that would be most cool. with Kain and Raziel coming out with some highly quotable statments im sure:D

Kain's Ancient Blade
20th Jul 2003, 22:37
i think that the CG intro to Defiance will probably map out the Legacy of Kain Series from Blood Omen right through to the last sceen in SR2.

Osyris that makes a lot of sense. I think your right. But that means it's going to be a long FMV sequence. Wait a second what's wrong with that.
Never mind. Good point.

jesta
21st Jul 2003, 01:28
...... The FMV's for the lok have all been good visually to look at and to draw you into the story.
I can remember when I first saw the Blood Omen intro thinking WOW and that one is still good even by today’s standards Bo also had a lot of cut seens to help the flow of the story that where also FMV's (How awesome where those Bat flight sequences?) something I would have liked to see in soul reaver 2 and 1.
Yes they had cut seens but not FMV's
But for, Defiance since there making it more action orientated to try and appeal to a larger market, I think that it would be wise to try and recap the story so far From BO and SR so to bring new people up to speed with the story, as this will be the first game with Kain and Raziel as playable characters I personally could not see any other alternative, But im not in charge so will have to wait and see how it goes.