PDA

View Full Version : This game should never have been released in this state

Phreaky
20th Jul 2003, 15:10
Sorry, but this game is woefully buggy, even with the patch installed. I've been trying to fix the annoying bug where after the 3 fmv intros finish, it freezes. Managed to fix that, only for it to go black straight after the fmv, and I can still hear the sound. If I hit enter (which I presume is the "New Game" tab), it launches into and overly pixelly fmv sequence, then I can hear the tutorial starting in the background, but get nothing but *another* black screen.

ALL Drivers are updated
ALL Methods of fixing the aforementioned problem on this forum (In the FAQ and elsewhere) AND in the Eidos support website, have FAILED
ALL Ideas have been exhausted.

I know some games are buggy, but they can usually be brought to a working standard with a few tweaks here and there, but this is just taking the biscuit!

I spent 4 hours earlier trying to get it to work, my pc has been rebooted 56 times (surely a record, and yes, I counted), and its still as messed up as it was when I first installed it.

Im hoping the customer support for Eidos is better than most game companies, and they might actually have some fiant idea of how the hell im supposed to play a game thats totally BLACK!

Sorry for being so upfront but this is really starting to annoy me, and that doesnt happen very often. :(

Phreaky

tomb_raiding
20th Jul 2003, 21:40
I have an Nvidia GeForce 4 Ti 4200 and the Game works Perfectly with no graphic bugs

What is your video card :confused: ?

and Which State ????

Poliz^
20th Jul 2003, 22:21
Hmm.. Try turning all settings to default. Also try to "Render Type" to "Fixed function hardware" in the video. And also in the "General" tab "Frame rate compensation" to "Fast" that should work.

And get the latest drivers for yer 3d card

jaki
21st Jul 2003, 08:00
"I have an Nvidia GeForce 4 Ti 4200 and the Game works Perfectly with no graphic bugs "

I have a G4MX460-vtp and this is not my problem.

My game keeps crashing at different scenes with or without additional "trainers" being used.

I am sorely dissapointed in this game and spent nearly $100 Aus. This sux I now know why I don't buy games. I was hoping that with today's technology and knoweledge that these sort of rolems would be worked out before,

The patch 4.2 doesn't help
I fixed sound but still think that this game was a BIG waste of hard earned money!!!

Phreaky
21st Jul 2003, 08:08
After carefully testing a few other alternative, I decided to do it the hard way - I reset the Detanator drivers back to default and gradually incremented them everytime I managed to get the game working. Suprsingly, it appears the Anti-Aliasing was causing the problem. Might want to chalk that into the FAQ.

BTW, GFX: GeForce 4 Ti4600, Detanator 44.03 drivers

simulation
21st Jul 2003, 11:26
A lot of people have recommended back dating to 40.72. They say the Anti-Aliasing works and the speed is good. Search the this forum for related messages.

Simulation

Boraean
21st Jul 2003, 12:43
Count yourself lucky, PC users can at least get patches.

Us PS2 users aren't so lucky.:(

jaki
21st Jul 2003, 22:04
I also noticed the amount of holes in the maps that you just fall through until eternity. The freezes after the patch was installed.

"Boraean" You have just made me realise why I don't want a PS2. But if they can connect to the net is there not patches available you can send to memory or something "PS2 novice here"

With the glitches, freezes, crashes, chipmunk Lara, error reports (that don't give alot of information) I can see Lara being burried by the dog

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Boraean
23rd Jul 2003, 16:56
Jaki,

The Playstation is where Lara was born, it seemed the thing to do to get the game for this platform.

I do have a stonking PC but didn't expect the PS version to be as buggy as the PC version obviously is.

Mr.Deflok
24th Jul 2003, 11:11
Originally posted by Boraean
The Playstation is where Lara was born, it seemed the thing to do to get the game for this platform.
Wasn't she born on the Dreamcast? I could be wrong.

I do have a stonking PC but didn't expect the PS version to be as buggy as the PC version obviously is. I've only encountered one bug on the PC version and that's pretty good for a PC game. Other than that minor problem I think the game is utterly fantastic... well the last few levels are so-so.

baylisst
24th Jul 2003, 12:01
Originally posted by Mr.Deflok

Wasn't she born on the Dreamcast? I could be wrong.

the original tomb raider was on PS, PC and sega saturn

the first, and only, one on dreamcast was TLR in 2000

go to http://www.core-design.com and click on softography for dates

Mr.Deflok
24th Jul 2003, 20:33
Whoops, I meant Saturn.