PDA

View Full Version : black screen from start.....

loveangel
20th Jul 2003, 14:06
1st of all I dont know alot about pc's 2nd I have been waiting for this game for so long and no work....me wanna play....everything downloads good all settings are correct with mine. The game starts and says hit any key to continue then shows the level then BLACK (talk about angel of darkness). A couple of times it has shown her standing there and I here her talk then colored squares kinda pop up all over...then all black again. I tried alot of things suggested on another thread and nothing worked. I downloaded the patch and the game wouldnt start up at all. I have tried everything I can think of....Has anyone found anything recently? Also what is up with all the graphic card talk? Shouldnt you be able to play this game without buying a new card? Sorry I dont even know what a graphic card is....Can anyone halp a big dummy?

Poliz^
20th Jul 2003, 22:28
You should "update" your PC. First of all, buy a new 3d card (=graphics card). Go to a PC shop and ask for more help there. Or if your friend knows.

Collin
20th Jul 2003, 22:56
How can you tell he/she needs another graphics card if he/she doesn't even know which one he/she has!? :eek: ARe you paranormal or something? :eek:

loveangel, just run dxdiag and post the results here.
On your desktop: click START, click RUN, typ DXDIAG and click OK. Then you get a little screen with all the specifications of your computer. There's also a button that let's you save your results: press it! Then just post everything in that file in this thread and we'll maybe be able to help you more........ ;)

Maybe it isn't necessary to do all this though.... In your settings for AOD, see if the Frame rate (or something like that, it's on the first screen) is set on Fast. Change it to Smooth. (I got a black screen when I changed those settings)

CyCro
21st Jul 2003, 00:30
Originally posted by Collin
In your settings for AOD, see if the Frame rate (or something like that, it's on the first screen) is set on Fast. Change it to Smooth. (I got a black screen when I changed those settings)

It's the Frame Rate compensation setting, and I had to change it from Smooth to Fast. So, just change it, whatever it is currently set to, and try again. Turning off the antialiasing in the video card options could be necessary as well if the first thing doens't work.