PDA

View Full Version : The Officially Answered Defiance Questions Thread

The Amazing Rando
19th Jul 2003, 08:02
*UPDATE* 7/18/03-Due to old thread going down the drain, this new thread has been made and locked to public. Updates will still be done here, but now there is another thread FOR QUESTIONS ONLY. I have just copied and pasted this from the last thread, so it looks identical, except for the update. I have added a sub-section, in the “secrets, characters, & voice actors” section, for the answers blinc received.

I have also reposted Chris’ posts from the last thread where he answered questions. I will make a comment at the beginning of each to signify which are which, in case it wasn’t clear. My comment will be in color (the same as this text) to set it apart. Aside from that, it is a direct quote, only in a post by me instead of Chris. If he wishes, he can just recopy and paste them himself to reduce confusion, but I thought they needed rescuing for historical purposes. Also added my thanks to the crew of the game in another post.

6/25/02-New update in teal. New answers from Chris (as seen below), plus a couple questions from another thread were added. Also threw in a promo for blinc's site. Probably no more minor updates for a week, if any arise, as I will be gone.

6/19/03-1st update in dark blue. Added new answers from Chris.

Due to the size of the other thread and amount of duplicate questions, and the fact that no one is apparently willing to read through it anymore, here's an updated list of questions answered already. These have already been answered by Chris, so you can quit asking these.

PLEASE USE THIS FOR LEGITIMATE DEFIANCE-RELATED QUESTIONS ONLY. NO SPAM/OFF TOPIC CHATTING, AND NO SIGS PLEASE.

*Note: I've tried to group these together into related areas as best as I could right now, as well as removing a couple identical Qs (tho more may be removed for space reasons). If you see any duplicates or if some question fits with another group that I missed, feel free to let me know via PM so that this thread doesn't too clustered. There are exceptions, as I will leave Chris' personal answers untouched, regaurdless of duplicates/relation to other Q's.

**Note 2:Questions are in bold, answers in italics, topics in red, and additions in other colors (blue for now), for easier locating new answers.

BOSSES:

Will There be bosses?

Yes, there will be bosses in the game. Can't say who yet.

VAMPIRIC ABILITIES:

Will there be glyphs and/or spells? or Does kain have dark gifts?

This has not been revealed yet. Kain has plenty of powerful vampiric abilities. This is the evolved Kain. I've seen many of them and they are really cool!

Will Raziel or Kain have spells/glyphs?

Not in the SR1 sense, no -- but both characters have a number of supernatural abilities and combat mechanics that approximate the function of SR1's glyphs.

Is Kain toned down to make the game a challenge or does he have a ton of dark gifts that compensate for his lack of reaver upgrades and ability to shift planes, scale walls, swim etc.

This is the powerful, evolved Kain people know from the SR series. We haven't "dumbed him down" to make him a playable character -- we've given him a suite of abilities which we feel encapsulate his swordsmanship, effortless strength and sorcery, without trying to include every single ability he's ever had in the LoK series (that would be impossible - what are there, 50 of them or something?)

Will Kain be able to swim, and climb walls etc, like Raziel?

I have not seen any swimming areas for Kain. He has lots of cool abilities and will gain more as you move through the game.

Kains Teleportation spell. Will it be in?

Not exactly, though Kain is able to travel long distances with ease.

Do I get SHIFT AT WILL for Raziel???

No longer aided by the Elder God, Raziel must devise his own ways to enter the material plane, which the player will discover over the course of LoK: Defiance. In other words, the old SR "shift at will" cheat isn't in the game, but he doesn't use portals, either.

What innate abilities will Raziel and Kain possess at the start of the game? Will Kain be able to transform like in BO1, or will his abilities be more like those in BO2? Can you tell us a few of their newer skills, or is that top-secret info?

Sorry that is “Top Secret Info”.

REAVERS, REAVER UPGRADES, AND COMBAT:

I’ve noticed that Kain wields the physical incarnation of the Soul Reaver… I’m all kinds of confused…

Both characters are armed with an incarnation of the Reaver -- Raziel with the Soul Reaver wraith blade, and Kain with the "Blood" Reaver (it's not the Soul Reaver, because it's still an empty vessel -- Raziel's soul is not in the blade).

Can kain get reaver enhancements like raziel?

Both characters acquire Reaver enhancements over the course of the game, which expand their combat abilities.

Does the Blood Reaver, also suck the Blood Away, like Raziels Blade the Souls?

Yes

In SR2 there were promises that elemental reavers would have some influence in the battle but it was cut out. Will elemental reavers have any battle abilities in this installation? It would be way too cool...

Yes, both characters acquire weapon enhancements over the course of the game which enable new mechanics within combat.

Will the upgrades for Raziel and Kain be in the same place where the other character found their upgrade? If so will it provide the same abilities for both characters or will they both receive different upgrades for each of their own reavers?

Raziel and Kain have different paths through the game -- sometimes they visit the same areas, and sometimes not. They acquire their weapon enhancements in different ways.

Can you fight using your bare hands, or do you have to always use the reaver?

Raziel and Kain do not fight with their bare hands. Why would you, when you've got the Reaver?

I have to say I'm a little disappointed about not being able to use my bare hands. Does this mean the reaver doesn't drain Raziel life anymore? I heard the reavers need to feed too. If you can't fight without the reaver how do you stop the reaver feeding instead of yourself? Oh yeah, About the reaver feeding: Does the reaver get powerful for a limited amount of time like SR2s reaver (then go weaker again until more souls are absorbed) or does it gradually become more and more powerful?

The Reaver behaves differently in LoK: Defiance than it has in previous SR games.

Are Kain and Raziel able to make stealth kills, like in Bo and Sr? Or at least able sneak up to an enemy without being spotted directly as in sr2?

Yes, but this isn't meant to be a stealth game. The combat is designed to be more over-the-top and aggressive, less about sneaking around.

Will you be able to dismember body parts during combat?

I do not believe you will be able to dismember body parts during combat.

And will you be able to fight underwater this time around?

I don’t think so. But the team is still working on the game, so we’ll have to wait and see.

CHAPTERS AND REPLAY VALUE:

Is the story told in a pure linear fashion (SR2) or is it more open ended (SR)?

More along the lines of SR.

How do the chapters work?

About the Chapters in LOK: Defiance

I think people are afraid that this will be linear and restrictive -- i.e., too much like self-contained missions rather than the seamlessly interconnected world of the previous SR games.

You shouldn't be concerned -- the chapters are just a way to tell the game's story, alternating between Kain and Raziel. It's not like the player is funneled into and out of the chapters without the ability to explore and play the game at their own pace. The world is still interconnected, and the player can choose to revisit already-explored areas, or take as long as they want to within each chapter. For example let's say Kain plays through chapter 1 in level x. His next chapter may take place in level y, but he can return to level x if he wants to.

Basically, within each chapter the game will feel and play just like the SR games, with freedom of exploration. The only difference is that sometimes you'll be playing Kain, and sometimes Raziel. Their paths will cross over the course of the game, and their actions will affect each other, but it's not a "buddy" game -- i.e., the player won't switch between characters to have them tackle problems together.

I have a question, it will be a longer game will it? SR2 was a bit short.

We're not giving estimates of game length yet (it's still too early). LoK: Defiance will be more non-linear and replayable than SR2 was, though.

SECRETS, CHARACTERS, AND VOICE ACTORS:

Will there be secrets? or Will there be secret areas etc?

Yes, there are secrets and bonus items. But you'll have to find them.

Will Old LOK charaters cameo?

Yes, old LoK characters will get cameos. Can't tell you who yet.

Will we meet the Elder and Ariel, again?

We're not confirming anything specific about the story at this point, but players can expect to meet some familiar characters.

Will Turel make an appearance in this game? If so, how big will his role be?

I'm not telling this! We don't want to spoil any of the story elements of the game.

Will there be any other vampires in the game (not Turel, vorador etc.) among the enemies?

I'm not giving out any story element answers.

Are there more human civilians as in SR? or Will there be any villagers/civilians like in BO2?

Same, not reveiling any story
You will see members of all walks of life in Nosgoth in Defiance. We are not revealing any of the characters in the game yet.

Will Simon Templeman and Micheal Bell be reprising their roles as Kain and Raziel?

We're not confirming anything specific about the voice talent yet, but fans can rest assured that consistency and quality are still top priority (as always).

Will we hear the usual from Raziel in 1 of the fmv and/or will there be more swearing, just a thought ,Kain would be cursing like a dog fighting all those enemies?

I have not heard any of the voice overs for the game, they have not been recorded yet.

Will kain keep his evil laugh(from bo2 when you kill the helpless people chained up) and will raziel have a "killing quote"?

At this time the voice overs have not been recorded. I expect Kain and Raziel will say many things, hopefully there will be "killing quotes".

I was wondering if the voice actors know how many fans they have out here in cyberspace? Are they aware of crazy people like us who spend hours of our lives debating the games? How involved are they in what they are doing? Would any of them be willing to offer their own insights into the characters, or is it just a job to them?

I would think the voice actors would be interested in their fans, although I have not had the chance to ask them these questions. For the most part they get their script, come to the studio and do their lines. I know some of them have attempted to play the games, but I am not sure how insiteful they are into the characters. You could try to find an e-mail address on the web for your favorite and send them a fan letter and ask them yourself.

Will there be multiple languages in the European version like in SR2, or only English?

We've always done multiple languages, so I'm sure that's the plan this time.

(Ed. Note-these are answers blincoln received from Amy as a responsed to questions asked at the NR forum. These were posted by blinc on 7/12/03, and were received by him the previous Thursday. These questions were answered while down in LA for the voice recording sessions. Unfortunately there wasn't time to pass them onto the actors themselves, but she was able to answer almost all of them anyway! Many thanks to both those individuals for the further information about our favorite voice actors.)
Where is Simon Templeman originally from, like what part of England? And does he know COkney Rhyming Slang?

Simon is from Sussex. Amy says they're hoping to include some candid bits of Simon on the Defiance disc, that way everybody would get a chance to hear what he sounds like normally. She describes his voice as less formal than Kain's, and that when he's not playing Kain he drops his t's. No word on the rhyming slang, whatever that might be.

How many characters are they going to be doing voices for in Defiance?

Since their voices are so recognizable, Simon is *only* playing Kain this time, and Michael will be voicing Raziel and one or two minor characters.

Has Simon played any of the games?

Apparently not. Amy also thinks he doesn't want to expose his kids to them =).

Are René and Richard that funny all the time? Michael obviously is.

Some of them are sillier than the others, but they all have senses of humour and joke around a lot. Again, they are hoping to include some of this on the Defiance disc.

How do they feel about the fandom? Simon, Michael, Amy, everyone?

All of the actors are flattered by the fandom, and most of them have even had people come up and ask them about the games. Amy says they think it's sweet, and that they're all nice people.

Which characters (not exclusively Legacy of Kain) that they've played are they the most attached to?

Simon's favourite roles have been Hamlet and Romeo.

PLATFORMS, PC VERSION INFO:

It seems to have been confirmed for the X-Box and PS2, but what about the PC? Will there be a PC version?

The only platforms that have been confirmed are the Xbox and PS2 versions.

Will there be any other (than Ps2 and Xbox) versions of the game?

At this sime I am only aware of the team working on an XBox and a PS2 version of the game. Although a PC version has not been announced, we normally port our games to the PC a short time after they are released on the consoles.

If there is a PC version will it be distributed for play on DVD-ROMS and/or standard CD's?

Unknown

Will the Game also come to Nintendos Game Cube?

There is no Gamecube version planned.

TECHNICAL, TEAM, AND OTHER MISC. QUESTIONS

Where does the Game start? @ The same Place, as in Sr2?

You will have to wait and see.

Will Defiance take the place of Soul Reaver 3 and/or Blood Omen 3? Or is Defiance a kind of 'spin-off' to wet our tastes for any future releases?

The franchise is being reunited under the title "Legacy of Kain", with Defiance being the latest game in the series. So there are no plans currently to specifically develop an SR3 or BO3.

Will there be multiple endings to LOK : Defiance?

There is only one ending to the game -- to tell a good story, all of the elements of the plot should culminate in an ending which is the perfect payoff for all the events that came before. This is compromised by trying to support multiple endings.

Do you know how many polygons the main character models are made of?

Around 5-6000 polys not counting the Reavers, or any SubdivisionLODs

In the game can we do close ups to the characters, I mean like put Kain/Raziel near the camera so that we can see the details of them?

Sure. You can always move closer to the camera.

Will Raziel have glowing wraithy eyes (while in the Spectral Realm) that leave eery trails just like the Sluaghs' eyes did in TLOKS-SR2? Uh... If not, wouldn't it be a nice touch? Can it still be added?

In the versions I have tested, this effect is not in the game. The team does read these forums, more then you would think, and it could still be added. We'll have to wait and see.

Will the Extras be present on the XBox version??

If there will be extras, they will be both with the XBox and PS2 versions of the game. Let us finish the game first before we start worrying about the extras.

Is LOKD the last game in the LOK series??

No. I'm sure Eidos will continue to produce LoK games as long as they remain popular. So tell you friends to get the game when it comes out!

Seeing that missions will be implemented into the gameplay, are there plans to allow for the potential of fan-created missions? (Much like what LGS did with Thief and Core has done with TR).

The game progresses through chapters, not missions per se. (i.e., chapters are a way to tell the story through our two protagonists). There are no plans to enable players to create their own missions.

Besides the features of the game will there be a soundtrack to Legacy of Kain: Defiance?

Don't know yet.

Are you thinking of remastering any of the songs/themes from previous LoK games and putting them in Defiance?

I'm pretty sure most of the music in Defiance will be original, but you never know what might get in to the final game.

(Ed. note- just a general form of the Q w/ official answer)Who did the music for the E3 trailer and what was the song's title?

In case you missed the other thread I started about the E3 trailer music, here it is again:

Since there were a few threads asking what music was in the LOK-Defiance trailer, I thought I would start a new thread. The track is called "In The Crossfire" from Connect's "Nu Rock Muthas" library CD. You can check them out on www.connectmusic.com .
Enjoy!

Is that music style going to replace the old gothic/epic music style, or was that just on ordinary song chosen fo fill the background?

The song for the Defiance trailer was added by the marketing people or who ever made the trailer. As far as the game music goes, the Audio/Video crew here at Crystal Dynamics are in the process of putting together the music. I have not heard any of it yet, but chances it will be on along the same style as the previous Soul Reaver games. When I get the chance to hear some of it, I will post more info.

Chris, do you know if there's any way to actually listen to the full song "In the Crossfire"? I can't seem to find it on the webpage.

(Ed. note-answer courtesy of blincoln, who I believe has checked into this, but is not a representative/employee for CD. He's just a really amazingingly knowledgable forum member and fan who looks into this kind of stuff, as well as for deleted material from the games, for his really awesome website, www.thelostworlds.net ) I'm sure the only way to get the full song is to buy the library CD, which non-professionals can't do.

I was just wondering how far along are C.D with the progress of defiance I mean are they confident that it will be released this year at all!

I believe the plan is to release Defiance before the end of the year. No firm release date yet.

When will us UK gamers get the game? Will it be winter also?
Unknown.

When will the official website be online?

Unknown

Are we going to get to see a trailer after E3?

I believe so.

Could you PLEASE put another movie of LoK: D, for us to download?

We just put one out a while ago, and you need another one already? I’m sure there will be another trailer before the game is released. Be patient.

I have heard there is a german soul reaver dvd is this true and if so will we see an english version????

At this time there are no plans for an English Soul Reaver DVD similar to the German one. And hey, this is supposed to be the Defiance questions thread.

Is it definitely Amy who's writing the story?

Yes -- Amy Hennig is writing and directing LoK: Defiance.

But what exactly was her (Ed. note-Amy) impact/influence BO2, non existent? Did she write a general idea and hand it off cause she was busy with SR2? Or is she changing HER story to account for the events of BO2?

BO2 was put together and written by an entirely different team. But Defiance will incorporate the back stories of all past LOK games.

Are you guys coming up with the rest of the story as you go? or have you thought of the story that Defiance is based on for a while now?

I believe all the Soul Reaver stories have been in Amy’s head since the beginning, but as you sit down and create the next game, things get changed for a variety of reasons as the game progresses.

I'd like to know how many people (ballpark) are working on this game. What Ive seen looks fantastic I was thinkin it was alot of people.

Estimated at around 20 or so.

Now these next answers are provided from Chris himself to the best of his knowledge, but they are not from Amy. Could be subject to change.

1.I've heard that defiance will be exclusive to XBox for the first 3 months of release. Is this true?

To the best of my knowledge the game will be released at the same time for the PS2 and XBox.

2. Are there any plans to release any type of, map or something with the game?

I've seen maps of some of the areas, no word yet on if a map will be included with the game.

3. Will Kurt & Co still be doing the music? Will there be an official soundtrack released?

Yes, our AV team consists of Kurt Harland, Jim Hedges, and Mike Peaslee. Unknown if there will be a soundtrack at this time.

4. How do you switch from Kain to Raziel? Is it at certain points in the game, or can you switch at will?

It will be at certain points in the game, you will not be able to switch at will.

5. If Raziel of Kain 'die' (game over) what'll happen? Will you just continue playing from the checkpoint or something like in BO2 or...

For the Demo it was a checkpoint system, not yet sure how if will be implemented in the full game.

6. My question, probably unanswerable, is: Are the elemental Reavers still a part of the game? Will we acquire the three we missed the last time, that is, Earth, Water, and Spirit?

We are not answering this. You will have to wait and see.

7. How much of a difference in graphics will there be between the 2 console versions?

From what I have seen of the 2 versions, they look virtually identical.

8. What will Kain's health bar be like?

For the demo it was a round circle of blood that emptied as he took damage. Not sure if this will be changed for the final version of the game.

9. Will there be easy/normal/hard settings?

Since the other BO and SR games did not, I do not expect Defiance to have difficulty settings.

10. Will Kain be able to drink the blood of dead victims as well or will he have to drink when they are at the edge of death??

In the demo Kain could only drink blood from enemies when they were almost dead, in their waver state.

Addition: If you can only suck blood of your victims when their almost gonna die then what will happen if you finish them off by mistake?

Then they're dead. Time to find a new victim to feed your blood thirst.

But before that was the only time you can suck their blood.
What happened? Does the neck bite have anythng to do with it?

In the original Blood Omen game all enemies had a Waver State before they died, and this was the only time Kain could feed from them....While their blood was still warm. In Blood Omen 2 This was not the case, but as far as I know this is how it will be in Defiance.

11. Will the bodies of the dead bad guys stay in the floor? Or they disappear?

In the Demo the bodies disappeared after a short period of time. I am pretty sure this will also be in the full version.

12. Are the other languages dubbed with different voice actors?

Yes

13. Since the game is supposed to be more action oriented will the story suffer or can we still expect a lot of cutscences like in SR2?

There will still be lots of story and cinematics. The story will not suffer, I believe the team just wants to make the game even more fun!

14. Are there really going to be boss fights like in SR1?

There will be boss fights, can't tell you exactly how they will be.

15. Will there be any appearance by the Butterfly Lord on a mural or block that may or may not be hidden/semi-hidden?

Great question. You'll have to wait and see.

The Amazing Rando
19th Jul 2003, 08:11
I would like to use this post to restate my appreciation for the entire LoK cast & crew for makin gsuch great games. I want to thank Chris for taking the time to get our questions answered, and keeping this forum as a place where I can come to enjoy conversation without a it being a total wasteland of flames and spam.

I also thank Amy for providing the answers. I would also like the thank the rest of the CD team that visits with us forum-goers for going above and beyond the call of duty in doing so. We appreciate you takin gtime to make our visits more enjoyable, something that many companies won't do.

I know I'm not the only one who appreciates everything you guys and gals have do and continue to do, and I hope the fans as a collective can be forgiven for some of the ingratefulness shown to you in the past, at the forums here as well as NR.

The Amazing Rando
19th Jul 2003, 08:13
This is the first of Chris' posts from the last thread as it appeared.

I know very little about the Defiance promotion other then what was listed on the web site. Hopefully Euro-fans will have the chance to participate in this promotion. If I hear anything I will let you know.
~Chris
Crystal Dynamics

The Amazing Rando
19th Jul 2003, 08:14
That's right, here's his second post of answers

Hello there,
Time to answer a few more questions about Defiance:

Do you know how many polygons the main character models are made of?
Around 5-6000 ploys not counting the Reavers, or any SubdivisionLODs.

Will kain keep his evil laugh(from bo2 when you kill the helpless people chained up) and will raziel have a "killing quote"?
At this time the voice overs have not been recorded. I expect Kain and Raziel will say many things, hopefully there will be "killing quotes".

I have heard there is a german soul reaver dvd is this true and if so will we see an english version????
At this time there are no plans for an English Soul Reaver DVD similar to the German one. And hey, this is supposed to be the Defiance questions thread. ;)

Will the Extras be present on the XBox version??
If there will be extras, they will be both with the XBox and PS2 versions of the game. Let us finish the game first before we start worrying about the extras.

I was wondering if the voice actors know how many fans they have out here in cyberspace? Are they aware of crazy people like us who spend hours of our lives debating the games? How involved are they in what they are doing? Would any of them be willing to offer their own insights into the characters, or is it just a job to them?
I would think the voice actors would be interested in their fans, although I have not had the chance to ask them these questions. For the most part they get their script, come to the studio and do their lines. I know some of them have attempted to play the games, but I am not sure how insiteful they are into the characters. You could try to find an e-mail address on the web for your favorite and send them a fan letter and ask them yourself.

Are you thinking of remastering any of the songs/themes from previous LoK games and putting them in Defiance?
I'm pretty sure most of the music in Defiance will be original, but you never know what might get in to the final game.

Will Raziel have glowing wraithy eyes (while in the Spectral Realm) that leave eery trails just like the Sluaghs' eyes did in TLOKS-SR2? Uh... If not, wouldn't it be a nice touch? Can it still be added?
In the versions I have tested, this effect is not in the game. The team does read these forums, more then you would think, and it could still be added. We'll have to wait and see.

Will you be able to dismember body parts during combat?
I do not believe you will be able to dismember body parts during combat.

Will there be any villagers/civilians like in BO2?
[I]You will see members of all walks of life in Nosgoth in Defiance. We are not revealing any of the characters in the game yet.

Keep the questions coming, I am happy to answer them the best I can. I've been testing some new areas recently, and this game is amazing. I think you will be blown away by it. :)
Take care.
~Chris
Crystal Dynamics

The Amazing Rando
19th Jul 2003, 08:24
And here's his third post of answers

Hey there again,
I've attempted to answer some more of your questions. Wish I could give away more of the game, but I can't. Would not want to ruin the surprise!

Are there many puzzles in? Are they (hopefully) more difficult than SR2's?
I have not seen all the puzzles yet, but the ones I have seen are very challenging and fun.

Since neither Kain nor Raziel can apparently discard their appurtenant Reavers... Can they hold anything? Can they fight while holding anything?
From what I have seen there will be objects to pick up for puzzles and other things. Not sure how the fighting will be when they pick up other items.

I know the ability to pause the cut-scenes was available in TLOKS-SR2, but will it be also in LOK-D?
Yes I believe you can both pause and bypass cut-scenes in Defiance. But anything can change before it’s release.

Could it be possible to implant a feature in the Spectral Realm - moving green thick eery fog. I loved this thing in WCIII-ROC, but it lacked of perspective. The moving fog would look so stylish in LOK-D.
At this time there is not a fog in Spectral, but it is slightly changed. You will have to see it, it looks really cool.

When the creators of the legacy of kain series made the Ancient God ( the squid) concept, Do they got inspire in the God Cthulhu?
I am not sure about this.

Will Kain be able to drink blood from anyone ala BO2, or will he have to be more discriminating? For example drinking the blood of peasants or the sick would inturn harm Kain, as drinking the blood of noble men/women/priests/Sarafan would aid Kain.
At this time we have not even announced what kind of characters will be in Defiance, but I do not believe any characters will have “tainted” blood.

Just curious if the dev team is planning on doing some extra graphical things on the Xbox version like the team who did Blood Omen 2 put in?
At this time both versions I have seen look identical. Not sure how things might change before the 2 versions are released.

Will there be any answers to the time travel of SR2?
I’m not revealing any story or plot details of Defiance, sorry.

Will Defiance get a massive advertising campaign or is that honor reserved only for 1st/2nd party games?
I do not know exactly what the advertising campaign for Defiance will consist of, but I do know Soul Reaver 2 and Blood Omen 2 both had TV commercials.

Is Defiance going to be scarier that the previous games?
It is hard to say until the game is complete. But the environments I have seen so far are beautiful and creepy.

Will we hear the usual from Raziel in 1 of the fmv and/or will there be more swearing, just a thought ,Kain would be cursing like a dog fighting all those enemies?
I have not heard any of the voice overs for the game, they have not been recorded yet.

Will Kain be able to swim, and climb walls etc, like Raziel?
I have not seen any swimming areas for Kain. He has lots of cool abilities and will gain more as you move through the game.

And will you be able to fight underwater this time around?
I don’t think so. But the team is still working on the game, so we’ll have to wait and see.

But what exactly was her impact/influence BO2, non existent? Did she write a general idea and hand it off cause she was busy with SR2? Or is she changing HER story to account for the events of BO2?
BO2 was put together and written by an entirely different team. But Defiance will incorporate the back stories of all past LOK games.

Are you guys coming up with the rest of the story as you go? or have you thought of the story that Defiance is based on for a while now?
I believe all the Soul Reaver stories have been in Amy’s head since the beginning, but as you sit down and create the next game, things get changed for a variety of reasons as the game progresses.

What innate abilities will Raziel and Kain possess at the start of the game? Will Kain be able to transform like in BO1, or will his abilities be more like those in BO2? Can you tell us a few of their newer skills, or is that top-secret info?
Sorry that is “Top Secret Info”. ;)

Could you PLEASE put another movie of LoK: D, for us to download?
We just put one out a while ago, and you need another one already? I’m sure there will be another trailer before the game is released. Be patient.

In the game can we do close ups to the characters, I mean like put Kain/Raziel near the camera so that we can see the details of them?
Sure. You can always move closer to the camera.

I was just wondering how far along are C.D with the progress of defiance I mean are they confident that it will be released this year at all!
I believe the plan is to release Defiance before the end of the year. No firm release date yet.

Keep the questions coming.
~Chris
Crystal Dynamics