PDA

View Full Version : who's 'cooler' - winston or kurtis?...

numb
19th Jul 2003, 00:24
1) they're both kinda disheveled & shabby-looking (kurtis in a youthful, rugged way & winston in a stately, shriveled-up way) ...

2) they're both a bit slow & uncoordinated (tho winston does have his age as an excuse)...

3) when knocked down, they both take forever to get back up...

4) they both have a limited variety of in-game sounds (kurtis says 'ugh!' & grunts; winston says 'oof!' & farts)...

5) kurtis seems able to dish out more damage, while winston seems able to take more...

6) they both have special gear, kurtis his magical disc, winston his magical bullet-proof teatray (with the difference being that winston's can be used in-game)...

7) they're both obviously experienced 'ladies men' (giveaways: kurtis's 'frisking' of lara, winston's unbelievably weary facial expression)...

8) lara doesn't really seem to know what to make of either of them...

(in case it's not obvious, i'm in winston's corner...)

Nobody
19th Jul 2003, 00:30
How the heck should i know...:confused:
but any was i voted to Kurtis...:D:p

tomb_raiding
19th Jul 2003, 00:35
LOL Winston (Jeeves) is a good ol'man but Kurtis is much COOLER :D

Crazyhid
19th Jul 2003, 01:01
that was funny that was really funny i dont really get a laugh much thank u :) opps im sad :(

Lord Pomposity
19th Jul 2003, 03:13
So far, the majority seems to think Winston is cooler. Maybe Eidos will take the hint and make him a playable character next game. :D

Imagine it! A level with a timed walk to get tea to Lara in time!

Raven
19th Jul 2003, 04:07
Originally posted by Lord Pomposity
So far, the majority seems to think Winston is cooler. Maybe Eidos will take the hint and make him a playable character next game. :D

Imagine it! A level with a timed walk to get tea to Lara in time!

*ROFL*

Winston or Kurtis? Well I know which one I'd rather spend time with ;)
I do like the bit about Winston's magical tea tray though.
I remember a couple of years ago seeing some (obviously altered) screenshot type things of Winston completing the Croft Manor assault course on Lara's quad bike.....highly amusing.

XanderD2
19th Jul 2003, 07:23
Winston, of course! Don't we all know that it is Winston who travels to all these distant tomb raiding locations before Lara gets there, and litters ammo, medpacks and secret items all over the place? Actually, he beat Boaz with his tea-tray, that's why they had to bring in Kurtis because she simply refused to fight Winston's mistress :D

moe888uk
19th Jul 2003, 10:48
I think Kurtis is just exceptionally cool. But no one can compare to winston. That guy is the standard by which coolness is measured. Kurtis's coolness level is 0.5 winstons.

numb
19th Jul 2003, 13:23
I remember a couple of years ago seeing some (obviously altered) screenshot type things of Winston completing the Croft Manor assault course on Lara's quad bike.....highly amusing.

http://www.semiconscious.com/winside.gif

more winston 'outtakes' here (http://www.semiconscious.com/winworks.htm) ...

XanderD2
19th Jul 2003, 14:27
^
|
|
Dual guns! Ahh, the good old days when she was able to wield dual guns!
:rolleyes:

LuxAngel
19th Jul 2003, 14:55
Originally posted by XanderD2 Don't we all know that it is Winston who travels to all these distant tomb raiding locations before Lara gets there, and litters ammo, medpacks and secret items all over the place?

LOL! I always assumed that some poor sucker that preceded Lara in the adventure didn't make it, but their goodies remained...:p But, there was one level, (don't remember the game), where a pick-up didn't exist until after Lara shot an animal, left the area, and returned; it clearly wasn't there before, and it wasn't a bug...Could the animal have left it just before dying, as a gratuitous gesture towards a worthy foe? Or, maybe it was Winston, after all!:p

-----------------------------------------------

Originally posted by numb
more winston 'outtakes' here (http://www.semiconscious.com/winworks.htm)

Wow! I visited that site, and those pics were great! What a laugh! I definitely will be bookmarking that site.

XanderD2
19th Jul 2003, 15:29
Originally posted by LuxAngel
LOL! I always assumed that some poor sucker that preceded Lara in the adventure didn't make it, but their goodies remained...:p But, there was one level, (don't remember the game), where a pick-up didn't exist until after Lara shot an animal, left the area, and returned; it clearly wasn't there before, and it wasn't a bug...Could the animal have left it just before dying, as a gratuitous gesture towards a worthy foe? Or, maybe it was Winston, after all!:p

It was Winston. ;) He is also the Cleaner (mind you, not the guy who tried to blow up Lara in AoD). He stole Cate Archer's stash of body remover liquid. :D

Raven
19th Jul 2003, 16:02
Winston is the shady figure responsible for all the unsolved mysteries in computer games everywhere.
Thanks for the piccies and link, numb! ;)

D3v1L80Y
19th Jul 2003, 16:24
well it has to be Winston.....haven't we all locked him in the fridge about a zillion times?......he should be plenty 'cool' by now....:D

Tomb Raider Fan
19th Jul 2003, 22:28
LoL that site is cool! Kurtis is cool but he's too cocky! lol
Nah it's just gotta be Winston..He's old and knows Lara better.....

Dracco II
19th Jul 2003, 22:53
Very funny LMAO... Winston of course..

Are they related ?

Raven
20th Jul 2003, 01:08
Yeah, maybe Winston is Kurtis' daddy!!! He wasn't murdered after all, he's been keeping an eye on Lara, knowing that she would one day be called upon to save his son's life.
The plot thickens.

LaraCroft_TombRaider
20th Jul 2003, 01:58
i think not.....

XanderD2
20th Jul 2003, 06:50
Originally posted by Dracco II
Very funny LMAO... Winston of course..

Are they related ?

We will see in TR7 when Kurtis starts to show the symptoms of a serious case of flatulence. :D

Justin888
20th Jul 2003, 08:38
*starts chanting* Winston! Winston! Damnit, he's losing by one vote. :)

D3v1L80Y
20th Jul 2003, 18:04
Originally posted by Justin888
*starts chanting* Winston! Winston! Damnit, he's losing by one vote. :)

if only I could vote a second time....I would once again vote for....

WINSTON!!!!!!!!!!! WINSTON!!!!!!!!!!! WINSTON!!!!!!!!!!! WINSTON!!!!!!!!!!!

RebeL_fARmeR
21st Jul 2003, 12:01
Just going to the "Winston screenshot gallery" is all I need to encourage me to say WINSTON RULES!!!

I mean, LOOK AT HIM! It's WINSTON, MAN!!! WINSTON! C'mon, it's WINSTON! I mean... WINSTON!

numb
23rd Jul 2003, 00:28
to all who voted (& especially those who had nice things to say about the webpage), thank you...

it's very gratifying to see the old boy can still more than hold his own when pitted against this 'new' young whippersnapper...

http://www.semiconscious.com/winston.gif

right! - let's have a spot of tea, then...

Notts Raider
26th Jul 2003, 15:13
Originally posted by numb

2) they're both a bit slow & uncoordinated (tho winston does have his age as an excuse)...

4) they both have a limited variety of in-game sounds (kurtis says 'ugh!' & grunts; winston says 'oof!' & farts)...

6) they both have special gear, kurtis his magical disc, winston his magical bullet-proof teatray (with the difference being that winston's can be used in-game)...

http://www.thefifthrace.com/ib/html/emoticons/lachen70.gif Excellent http://www.thefifthrace.com/ib/html/emoticons/lachen70.gif

insect
4th Nov 2003, 00:51
god, how I don't miss that old f*rt....:p

LoveKurtis
4th Nov 2003, 12:45
Kurits! He's the Man :D

angeleyes
4th Nov 2003, 13:20
Kurtis!! he's more...more...pretty?? (I think so):p :D

samisams
16th Nov 2003, 15:30
i think that kurtus is way cooler cos he can jump arond and all that lara does, but not better of corse! and winston was just and old fart that keepet getting in the way every time you tried to do the assult cosre!!!!!! i wish i could get the quad out and run over him a few mollion times. the only thing is, hed probobly get up again!!!!!!!!well, im off

TRWad
17th Nov 2003, 20:11
Originally posted by LoveKurtis
Kurits! He's the Man :D

The man to be replacing winston so winston could go adventuring with lara when kurtis keeps the house clean. I really wanna lock kurtis up in the freezer......

insect
17th Nov 2003, 23:31
:rolleyes: then we should create a special outfit for winston the adventurer....he might wear a thong or sth, so all winston-lovers could drool over him :D

Invincible
23rd Mar 2004, 02:00
Originally posted by insect
:rolleyes: then we should create a special outfit for winston the adventurer....he might wear a thong or sth, so all winston-lovers could drool over him :D

OMG. Now u put that image in my mind I can'd get it out.
ARHGGGGG *chasing insect with the chainsaw-od Dunava do Save*hehe ;D
LoL, I would love seeing some1 making that picture, I would laugh to death, his a$$ would look like a big wrinkly bag of wet clothes!! :D :D

insect
23rd Mar 2004, 22:27
Originally posted by Invincible
ARHGGGGG *chasing insect with the chainsaw-od Dunava do Save*hehe ;D

Nemoj tako! ;) LOL! I'm not sure if I want to see Winston's exposed backside. :D