PDA

View Full Version : How can Kurtis Trent kill this wolf beast?

Godfather
18th Jul 2003, 21:28
How can Kurtis Trent kill this wolfbeast without getting hurt too much? The beast is constantly standing up again! Grrrr!!

With the first 5 Tomb Raider-games, I never -once!- asked for the answer to any unresolved situation. I had too much fun trying to find out myself; even if it took a week or so. This is not the case with "Tomb Raider: The Angel of Darkness" and I am moments away of becoming the first member of this wonderful forum to actually put a personal stop to my entire Tomb Raider-career. For a very long time, I tried to neglect and deny what other people said; but unfortunately it's true!!

AOD is by far the weakest of the series and even makes Chronicles (which was a good game despite all unnecessary negative comments) look like an instant-classic! The more I play AOD, the more desperate I become because the more I'm convinced that the Tomb Raider-saga is dead and that Lara Croft has therefore really died in Tomb Raider: The Last Revelation!!

For the very first time, I don't feel the urge to even finish this game and it's only the question whether I'm gonna buy AOD 2 and 3! I've already made up my mind that I'm never gonna update my computer again since it's -simply put- way toooo expensive to spend so much money on a new computer merely for a mediocre game like this!

I don't mean to exaggerate, but I feel lots of things right now. On one hand, I could smash AOD against the wall in pieces (especially when one doesn't need the disc anymore to run the game) ... on the other hand, I wanna finish it ... just to see how much more awful it may become.

What is going on here?!!! This is like the ultimate nightmare in sequel-history (both in films as in games)!! Even the single worst second of all previous Tomb Raider-games is better than the single best second of AOD!! I sure as h€ll miss the original Lara Croft! This Lara Croft is/feels/sounds/looks like a bad copy ... that's it for me; I guess.

Jesus, I hope the game gets better!!!

So, how do I kill this stupid wolf?

(in tears and pain) bye for now!

I'm off to see "The Godfather" ... time for a real classic!!! :mad:

numb
18th Jul 2003, 21:33
whoa! (uh, does this mean lara isn't your 'precious' anymore?)...

you have to down the creature several (4?) times. approach it after you down it each time - eventually, you'll go to a cut scene that ends the battle (btw, it is indeed moronic)...

tomb_raiding
18th Jul 2003, 21:36
U don't have to get ALL that angry Godfather and u still keep faith in the TR saga (I've heard that TR7 is full of Tombs and Lost Cities, and "TR" bosses not some ugly abonomations .... anyway

Just beat down that Monkey (proto nephilum) 3-5 times and eventually he will never wake up againKurtis will beat his head with a shard

;)

KEEP FAITH IN THE TR SERIES :)

Godfather
18th Jul 2003, 21:43
Originally posted by tomb_raiding
U don't have to get ALL that angry Godfather!
KEEP FAITH IN THE TR SERIES :)

Oh, but I'm not angry. I really am not. I'm just utterly disappointed. I just hope T3 (because I'm an even bigger moviefreak than I am a Tomb Raider-fan) is gonna be one h€ll of a movie, because if the outcome is as weak as AOD ... http://mindscraps.com/s/otn/sad/whine.gif

Geez ... I thought 2003 was gonna be something special but I'm becoming afraid. Matrix Reloaded was very good but nowhere near as good as the first one, Hulk (although I couldn't care less actually) was a completely miss and AOD may very well sound the ending for me in playing TR.

Pffff ... i need a glass of mint-sirup/milk

And faith ... the only faith I have left is Hill -- Faith Hill ... and she's much prettier (and real :D) than Lara Croft! Geez, I'm starting to scare myself with these things that I say! DaveJ should hear me now, huh? :p

moe888uk
18th Jul 2003, 22:29
Cmon godfather, that wolf-beast is so easy. I beat it hand-to-hand. I am so skilful. My mother is right, I am special.

Dazed
18th Jul 2003, 22:32
xD hehe

well it is true though... damned easy.. didnt even have to start over.. :P

lara croft fan
20th Jul 2003, 08:11
I cant kill it either all I no is press triangle after it on ground and SSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHIIIIIIIIIIICCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it deod with shard in head.:D

Mr. Croft
20th Jul 2003, 10:34
AOD is a game that confused me a lot.
The gameplay is great.
But... the whole ''spirit'' in the game... it's no TR spirit. And the controls... those damn controls... why did they had to change them so much?
I just bought the game last night(I'm only on the second level yet) so it won't be fair to judge the game now. Wait for my new post about this subject in about a week.

D3v1L80Y
20th Jul 2003, 17:03
Originally posted by moe888uk
Cmon godfather, that wolf-beast is so easy. I beat it hand-to-hand. I am so skilful. My mother is right, I am special.

Yeah, I gots mad skills too, :D...I beat it hand to hand the third time I played the game...never fired a single shot

moe888uk
20th Jul 2003, 17:21
"Yeah, I gots mad skills too, ...I beat it hand to hand the third time I played the game...never fired a single shot"

we are so skilful. :D

D3v1L80Y
20th Jul 2003, 18:01
I beat it hand to hand the third time I played the game...never fired a single shot

I am half-way through my 4th outing of the game. I think I am gonna try this with Boaz this time around.

:cool:

RebeL_fARmeR
20th Jul 2003, 18:27
Shoot him!!!

Simple

D3v1L80Y
20th Jul 2003, 18:30
Originally posted by RebeL_fARmeR
Shoot him!!!

Simple

oh yeah.......I guess that'll work too

:D :D :D :D :D

Godfather
20th Jul 2003, 20:19
Originally posted by moe888uk
"Yeah, I gots mad skills too, ...I beat it hand to hand the third time I played the game...never fired a single shot"

Didn't you get hurt then ... at least once? :confused:

I can kick his *** too, but he'll bite me for doing that to him. :(