PDA

View Full Version : You are being mislead



warpsavant
18th Jul 2003, 19:44
Yeah, right. First the return of Janos is evil, then the Gamespy footage, and now the new trailer?

This is a setup.

Quicksilver
18th Jul 2003, 19:51
Misled, I believe.

warpsavant
18th Jul 2003, 19:56
*sigh*

Quicksilver
18th Jul 2003, 19:57
Gotcha

warpsavant
18th Jul 2003, 20:00
Got what?

Its MISLEAD *******.

fneh
18th Jul 2003, 20:23
misled actually.........


mislead would usually be used in sentences such as:

"this is all very misleading."


lead is pronounced like LEADER. Led is pronounced exactly the same as the spelling......





if you think i'm wrong then how come word doesn't give a spelling error on misled? that prooves both pronunciations are not spelled the same

Apocrypha Roxy
18th Jul 2003, 20:32
Has this become another grammar debate?

Sheesh... :p

warpsavant
18th Jul 2003, 20:40
*sigh*

Misled is an error because it's wrong Fneh, its mislead.

In fact, the Elder god says this to Raziel in Sr2, and if you look in the dialogue (where I got it) its MISLEAD.



Ghastly past, insufferable future, are they one and the same...?

fneh
18th Jul 2003, 21:06
misled DOESN'T give an error.......

Zephonim
18th Jul 2003, 21:16
well in the dictionary it says
mislead (mis-leed) (past misled) to lead someone astray
so fneh is correct methinx.
and i doesnt matter we all know what was meant by it!
some people like to pick i guess:D

warpsavant
18th Jul 2003, 21:17
Originally posted by fneh

lead is pronounced like LEADER. Led is pronounced exactly the same as the spelling......


Really? Its always pronounced that way?

http://63.240.197.92/cgi-bin/Dictionary?book=Dictionary&va=lead


And

http://www.dark-chronicle.co.uk/sr2script.html

Check out the Elders Warning.

I really have no desire to discuss how you say lead. If any gits wish to continue, feel free.

fneh
18th Jul 2003, 21:20
wow.


how bitter are YOU!???:rolleyes: :D :p

warpsavant
18th Jul 2003, 21:28
Actually, I am kind of bitter, (not to much so, I havent pointed this out to the mods yet or anything)because no ones's talking about the topic. Its all about how people pronounce mislead. NOT ONE OF YOU HAD ANYTHING TO CONTRIBUTE, just crap about mislead.

Zephonim
18th Jul 2003, 21:33
lol ok man chill warpy boy
anyway so you think were being fed a lot of crap basically with alll the info all of a sudden ,seems so unlike CD to release us so much at once but i aint gonna look a gifthorse in the mouth.

I am glad that not much of the plot has been spoiled yet just gettin us more worked up before they tell us its gonna .....be .......delayed nooooooooooooo

fneh
18th Jul 2003, 21:34
you mean not too much:p


now regarding your topic seeing as no one seems to be replying:

We're not being misled because we're not being told anything......So what if the ancients at the start of the new trailer looked all evil? We don't even know WHAT they are for sure yet. They might not even be our enemies.

Seeing as we're not being told anything I find it hard to believe we're being misled about anything.

Lucent
18th Jul 2003, 21:37
Actually, those weren't even ancients in the beginning of the new trailer at all those were a pair of the Ancient statue-guardians outside of Vorador's manor from near as I can tell, very early in the game.

Having fought them in the demo, I can assure you they are no more real than any rock of mud-puddle that happens to attack people ^_~

warpsavant
18th Jul 2003, 21:40
Originally posted by fneh
We're not being misled because we're not being told anything......So what if the ancients at the start of the new trailer looked all evil? We don't even know WHAT they are for sure yet. They might not even be our enemies.

Well, that's sort of my point. And I think those are just statue monsters, they are not really ancients. But its the impression it gives off...


Originally posted by fneh

Seeing as we're not being told anything I find it hard to believe we're being misled about anything.

Well, you are right, we are not told anything. But the Gamespy review and Trailer number 2 really only leave one impression.

Sarah
18th Jul 2003, 21:41
Well-there has been a lot of information released just recently showing gameplay, some minor character spoils, and action highlighting the new camera and action styles; it would be very very evil of CD/Edios to be purposely misleading us... why would they do that to us, their loyal, rabid fan base? What makes you feel mislead, warp?

Edit: Hee, the problems of posting in between doing other stuff... I really have been trying to keep an open mind about the whole "story line"-as I've been avoiding all those "This person is EVIL" posts/debates, I really think I may be able to play the game with nearly no pre-conceptions. Yay me! Ostrich approach worketh, sometimes, verily I say.

blincoln
18th Jul 2003, 22:41
I hate to break this to you, but Warp is right. The trailers are mockups made using 3dsmax. The real game is going to be Vehiculum Furtus Maximo.

Sarah
18th Jul 2003, 22:43
Is the multiplayer timed mode still going to be present?

blincoln
18th Jul 2003, 22:52
No, they discovered during testing (like Rockstar with GTA3) that multiplayer games are too much to handle with a gameworld that big. But if Kain swipes a carriage, he will be able to pick up ladies of the night.

warpsavant
18th Jul 2003, 23:03
This conspiracy is way larger than I ever imagined.

Sarah
18th Jul 2003, 23:04
Oh cool! But wait a sec... I don't remember seeing any concept art for "Aroused Kain"? Or are they just going to use his "Angry" face, too? And why just ladies of the evening-theoretically, couldn't he get a health powerup from anyone?

hee hee hee hee... this is much fun!

blincoln
18th Jul 2003, 23:30
They're going to use the animation from BO2 that a friend of mine describes as "Gripping-A-Chalice-Menacingly."

Sarah
18th Jul 2003, 23:39
:eek:
Well, not too menacingly, I hope.
:D

Zephonim
19th Jul 2003, 00:00
That will be why Kain and Raz are wearing their sunday best (boots, arm plate things)there going out on the town "picking up" chicks:D

xarax
19th Jul 2003, 02:29
Originally posted by Zephonim
That will be why Kain and Raz are wearing their sunday best (boots, arm plate things)there going out on the town "picking up" chicks:D

Yes, they are real lady killers...;)

SoulPsycho
19th Jul 2003, 09:08
LoL yes, lady killers indeed. But if you all don't, lets dispense with the comedy shall we? I don't mean to seem like a angry old grouch but with all of you arguing about pronunciations like little children, try to remember what this thread is about. Thank you.


We may very well be intentionally mislead, or we may not. Who knows? But it makes sense that we are.... I recall some saying earlier..."Why would they mislead us, their loyal and devoted fans?" Because we are loyal and devoted is the reason for which they would mislead us to thinking Janos is behind all of this, we all know there is plenty of evidence to support it. However it would not be unlikely for them to lead us down that path. Although the statues and mysterious figure in screenshots resemble Janos Audren, it is not prove...yet. We still do not know what time they are in. But one thing is certainly under question, if someone would bring Janos back to life, who and why? would it be Moebius? Unlikely. The Hylden? Maybe..but in BO2 they didn't require his heart. Raziel? Possible...."Kains warning was lost as I slipped into the spectral realm."

Why would Janos become evil after being revived? Perhaps he is fed up with the human intolerance and like Kain wants to rule. Or because they killed him he wants revenge. Only time will tell.

And speaking of time, in SR2 when Raziel entered Janos' chamber, many people thought Raziel and Janos met in a different time before, but it appeared to me that Janos recognized Raziel's voice and thought it "heartening" to hear his name spoken without contempt with the voice that cursed him at every turn. And at the sight of Raziel's appearance it shocked him to see Raziel so misshapen from his Sarafan form. Maybe all of these questions will be answered and more will surface in this up coming installment of one of the greatest and most intriguing stories of our time. till we speak again.........

warpsavant
19th Jul 2003, 17:28
Originally posted by SoulPsycho

We may very well be intentionally mislead, or we may not. Who knows? But it makes sense that we are.... I recall some saying earlier..."Why would they mislead us, their loyal and devoted fans?" Because we are loyal and devoted is the reason for which they would mislead us to thinking Janos is behind all of this, we all know there is plenty of evidence to support it. However it would not be unlikely for them to lead us down that path. Although the statues and mysterious figure in screenshots resemble Janos Audren, it is not prove...yet. We still do not know what time they are in. But one thing is certainly under question, if someone would bring Janos back to life, who and why? would it be Moebius? Unlikely. The Hylden? Maybe..but in BO2 they didn't require his heart. Raziel? Possible...."Kains warning was lost as I slipped into the spectral realm."

Its not proven, but the resemblance is uncanny. Why they(Moebius, the Hylden) would bring Janos back to life I think is simple. Janos Audron's plans/desires are a threat to Kain. Raziel would probably raise him out of guilt, more than anything, IMO.



Originally posted by SoulPsycho


Why would Janos become evil after being revived? Perhaps he is fed up with the human intolerance and like Kain wants to rule. Or because they killed him he wants revenge. Only time will tell.


I think evil is a relative term here, I doubt Janos wants to rule or is sick of the intolerance of the humans. He would be viewed as evil if his plans cause problems for Kain, even if his ultimate goal was for the good of Nosgoth.


Originally posted by SoulPsycho

And speaking of time, in SR2 when Raziel entered Janos' chamber, many people thought Raziel and Janos met in a different time before, but it appeared to me that Janos recognized Raziel's voice and thought it "heartening" to hear his name spoken without contempt with the voice that cursed him at every turn. And at the sight of Raziel's appearance it shocked him to see Raziel so misshapen from his Sarafan form. Maybe all of these questions will be answered and more will surface in this up coming installment of one of the greatest and most intriguing stories of our time. till we speak again.........

I believe they met in a previous time, and, as for Janos recognizing Raziel's voice, I think that has to do with the fact that the Retreat was set up so that only one being could make his way up to Janos Chamber. So as soon as someone made their way up there, Janos knew it was Raziel since he is the only one capable of getting up there. I also think he was shocked when he saw Raziel because he was expecting him to look more like himself, I doubt Janos even knows that the Sarafan Raziel would one day become the blue Raziel. We'll see.

Umah Bloodomen
19th Jul 2003, 21:26
Janos is flawed is much better than resorting to the fact he's evil, IMO.

Apocrypha Roxy
19th Jul 2003, 22:22
I'm thinking that Janos and Raz met in another time in his existance. To hear his name 'spoken without contempt', after so many years of being percecuted, is a relief - but he never expected the voice he was so used to to come from a ragged figure. Janos wouldnt know Blue Raz from Sarafan Raz, it was just bitter irony that the one he was expecting for hundreds of years would have an incarnation that would be his demise. And he was compassionate to the end.

I'm also thinking that Kain does not want Janos ressurected for the sake of him corrupting his plans, he wants Janos dead because he'd be used as a weapon in the Hylden's plan. And now with the Paradox at the end of SR2, the Hylden can change the ending of BO2. Kain would be destroyed, and the Hylden gate would not be closed. The mass would not have been destroyed, and the grand scheme would have been played out. Result - vampires dead. Obliterated. Painfully.

Janos is the unknowing, unwilling pawn in a dangerous game. As are Kain and Raz.

diuqSehT
20th Jul 2003, 04:31
MissLed is an excellent stripper name.

I love being toyed with. If they're playing with our minds, that just makes me more of a fan than ever.

Also, there should be human criminals on the streets so that you can choose to be a "good vampire" and feed on troublemakers instead of kind villagers chained to walls. It would be funny if they included some streetwalkers and Nosgothan Mafia types.

warpsavant
20th Jul 2003, 20:47
Originally posted by Apocrypha Roxy
I'm thinking that Janos and Raz met in another time in his existance. To hear his name 'spoken without contempt', after so many years of being percecuted, is a relief - but he never expected the voice he was so used to to come from a ragged figure. Janos wouldnt know Blue Raz from Sarafan Raz, it was just bitter irony that the one he was expecting for hundreds of years would have an incarnation that would be his demise. And he was compassionate to the end.

LOL, You need to read the "Janos raises Evil Lt Raziel thread." it gives new meaning to the phrase "My child, what have they done to you?"


Originally posted by Apocrypha Roxy

I'm also thinking that Kain does not want Janos ressurected for the sake of him corrupting his plans, he wants Janos dead because he'd be used as a weapon in the Hylden's plan. And now with the Paradox at the end of SR2, the Hylden can change the ending of BO2. Kain would be destroyed, and the Hylden gate would not be closed. The mass would not have been destroyed, and the grand scheme would have been played out. Result - vampires dead. Obliterated. Painfully.

But, Bo2 is a result of the end of SR2. They cant change the ending, IMO.


Originally posted by Apocrypha Roxy

Janos is the unknowing, unwilling pawn in a dangerous game. As are Kain and Raz.

I agree.


Originally posted by TheSquid
I love being toyed with. If they're playing with our minds, that just makes me more of a fan than ever.

I'm glad you feel that way. Alot of people seem to interpret it as some kind of practical joke, and I think thats like the furthest thing from the truth. I think it was all deliberate.


Originally posted by TheSquid

Also, there should be human criminals on the streets so that you can choose to be a "good vampire" and feed on troublemakers instead of kind villagers chained to walls. It would be funny if they included some streetwalkers and Nosgothan Mafia types.

It really doesnt matter to me.