PDA

View Full Version : Stuck in vent

Pleco
18th Jul 2003, 11:26
Hi folks.

I'm presently at the Strahov Fortress, in the stone cutting room. When I crawl into the above vent I do not seem to be able to crawl down at the other end where I see that the vent leads downwards. I'm either attempting to exit the vent incorrectly or this is a glitch. I've searched the forums and cannot find anything relating to a similar problem. I also looked into a walkthrough to see it there's anything I'm missing, apparently a cutscene is supposed to kick in at this point so maybe I've missed something that triggers it?

Any ideas?

This is the PC version btw.

Chaser
18th Jul 2003, 11:37
Just a shot in the dark here, but have you applied the patch for the PC version yet? If not, I'm thinking this would be the main suspect!
If you have, in fact, already applied the patch, then I would go back to a Savegame just before that point where you are stuck, and play forward again...

Wish ya well !! :)

Pleco
18th Jul 2003, 11:57
All my Strahov saves are from within the fenced stone cutting area and lead to the same result so I'll have to go back to the Monstrum crimescene and play from there.

When I was playing through I noticed a notebook entry when I got electrified on the door, but it killed Lara so obviously I didn't bother touching it again when I reloaded. But I wouldn't have received the entry again so could something this simple be a possible cause stopping the cutscene from beginning? :(

SVT_03
18th Jul 2003, 12:03
I don't think it's a glitch. You're just not hitting the right key to make Lara do a forward roll down the vent. You'll get where you need to go just fine after you do that. :)

Pleco
18th Jul 2003, 12:26
I'm not sure, can she even roll while in a crouch position? I've tried everything -- forwards, reverse, sideways, control button, jump, bashing random keys, you name it. :(

Chaser
18th Jul 2003, 12:28
Originally posted by SVT_03
I don't think it's a glitch. You're just not hitting the right key to make Lara do a forward roll down the vent. You'll get where you need to go just fine after you do that. :)

Ah, well then, if that's the case, I can help here. On the PC version, when you get to the end of the vent opening, just press the forward key alone, and she will do a forward roll out of the end of the vent.

Good luck !

TR-AOD
18th Jul 2003, 12:30
just a thought but did you crawl down the correct vent...
i dont even know if its possible to go down the wrong half, but its a thought ?? you want to be crawling down the vent in the direction you came from across the top :confused:

i think its control and forward to roll out of the end of the vent

Pleco
18th Jul 2003, 13:10
uhm my bad it seems. :o

I was pressing forward, with my finger held on the button, while pressing Ctrl thinking this was the correct procedure. All I had to do was tap forward and she just slides outta there. This was a manoeuvre I wasn't even aware of.

Thanks for the replies btw.

SVT_03
18th Jul 2003, 13:15
Hehe, yea seems I do that once in a while also, then all of the sudden, she does the right move. :D I've also learned a couple new moves by accident. Some of which are not explained well at all in the manual.