PDA

View Full Version : AoD and ATI Rage 128

Driber
18th Jul 2003, 10:20
would anyone care to guess if AoD is playable on a computer with an ATI Rage 128 GL ?
I have tried to look on the ATI website if this card supports TnL at all, but to no avail

system specifications:
- x86 Family 6 Model 8 Stepping 0 AuthenticAMD ~1666 Mhz
- 256,00 MB Total Physical Memory
- VIA AC'97 (WDM) Sound Device
- ATI Technologies Inc. RAGE 128 GL AGP, 16MB RAM

GoranAgar
18th Jul 2003, 12:43
I am pretty sure it doesn't support T&L. And then you are pretty close to the lowest requirements. Won't be much to look at if it runs.

jso2897
19th Jul 2003, 01:16
To play on a card like yours, or an onboard chip, you have to turn off all the shading and lighting and textural effects in the setup, I think. You won't get the benefit of all those pretty graphics. Anyway,you have an AGP slot, and the rest of your rig rates a better card. You could get a good 64mb TnL compatable card for a song these days - you don't really need one of the super cards that cost big$. Folks seem to be having the least trouble with the Nvidia cards, from what I'm reading. Go for it.

Driber
19th Jul 2003, 12:33
it's not my card or computer, but the answers were pretty much what I expected despite the fact that it says in the FAQ that you can run AoD even with a card of 8MB memory if you have a fast processor, which puzzled me.
thanks for replying jso2897 and Goran. I will tell the person to buy the PS2 version :)