PDA

View Full Version : CORE: I ready to be hired.....

ahch2003
18th Jul 2003, 02:31
ATT: THIS IS NOT A JOKE

Im very well prepared to replace Jeremy smith!!!

I have a lot of ideas for great games (never see before)
3 titles for now (I WILL NOT SAY NOTHING HERE)

Also I have ideas to improve that game... wich is the name.... TR: Angel of darkness?? right? anyway I can make a really very no, a excellent TR game!

I play all the series and I know how improve that. A lot.

so If you like have the best Game director in the world send my a Email to: ahch2000@yahoo.com

I will wait for your ask. Come on I know that the situation of your company is not too good after this mess.

Mgardiner
18th Jul 2003, 05:49
Yeah...right....:rolleyes:

The Amazing Rando
18th Jul 2003, 05:54
well, chances are good that Core isn't going to hire someone who incessently bashes their product and their intelligence about their game, without ever having played said game. Also, you're going to need to send a resume to them, they aren't gonna come to you. It's a rare occasion where a job hunts a worker.

Third, chances are good that they are gonna take one look at your resume and laugh. Jusdging by the interview thread, your English is lacking some of the polish of his, which might be important for interviews etc. So, they no call you to be best direktor series ever seen.

XanderD2
18th Jul 2003, 07:39
Hmm, the greatest stumbling blocks for you may be:
a) your great ideas may not correspond necessarily to those of the fan base;
b) your English is rather unconventional, which might prove to be a questionnable factor with regard to the success of your PR activities; ;)

As to the situation of Eidos, apparently you missed the post in which somebody told us that AoD was selling extremely well (yes, in spite of all these nasty bugs, controls issues and whatnot).

GoranAgar
18th Jul 2003, 08:08
Originally posted by ahch2003
I WILL NOT SAY NOTHING HERE
What a splendid idea. :)

owen10
18th Jul 2003, 08:25
I'm sure they'll be contacting you very shortly.

BlueSkiesXXV
18th Jul 2003, 09:32
:D :D :D :D :D

That has started my Friday off rather well.
My sides are still hurting.

Come on ahch2003, give us some more reasons for taking the job of MD!!!!!!!

Mangar The Dark
18th Jul 2003, 12:53
I'm sure you have a fantastic chance of being hired, ahch2003. Just a bit of advice: Make sure your resume is NOT written in crayon... it gives a bad first impression.

moe888uk
18th Jul 2003, 13:01
achchoooo

yah i couldnt come up with anything funny.:D

ahchcoo's idea for the next game "lets rid get kurtis off, money make we lot of"

tomb_raiding
18th Jul 2003, 13:06
NO DON'T WORK AT CORE DESIGN OR ANY EIDOS GAME, You r an amtaur and u'll ruin them all, I mean know nothing about directing a game :( ;)

grfegfg
18th Jul 2003, 13:13
Haw, Haw

grfegfg
18th Jul 2003, 13:14
Originally posted by owen10

i agree, probaly today

moe888uk
18th Jul 2003, 13:21
ok one more

ahch's ideas for AOD2:

"Then there should be a level where karel replicates himself into other people and then lara fights 100 agent smiths...i mean. karels and then she finds out its not the real world and then theres an architect and some vizavi and some ergo and some other big words"

better? hmm, needs some work.

I hope they kill off lara and make kurtis the main character.:D :D

BkBaby999
18th Jul 2003, 13:35
I thought, considering the quality of AoD, that you ALREADY worked at Eidos or Core.......;) I hate to be mean but the brightest bulb around here.......isn't you!

my bad!

they may be hiring for game tester.....oh wait, you're still not qualified because you actually have to play the game to form an opinion............

dude, don't play yourself like this anymore!:rolleyes:

Mangar The Dark
18th Jul 2003, 14:22
Originally posted by BkBaby999
I thought, considering the quality of AoD, that you ALREADY worked at Eidos or Core.......;)

Oh man! I don't know who you insulted more in that statement, Core, Eidos or our little "Kurtis-hater." Good one!

LuxAngel
18th Jul 2003, 14:30
Confession: I admit, I laughed when I read all the above responses. Okay, I laughed a lot.

Comment:
I'm assuming that English is not the first language of ahch2003. At least, I seriously hope not. If my assumption is correct, then, shouldn't we all be a bit more merciful about his/her post?

EDIT: Okay, I have to add that even though I KNOW it's not kind to ridicule others, that little part of me bursts out in laughter each time I reread the responses. *SIGH* human nature, I guess. :D

JohnnyZ
18th Jul 2003, 14:51
LMAO!!! thanx for that, i wouldnt hold ya breath by the way lol

RebeL_fARmeR
18th Jul 2003, 15:03
Heh, it's not quite that easy, my friend.

Cdczq
18th Jul 2003, 15:10
Tell the truth, I can not accustom myself to the new control system in AOD. Why did they change that? Secondly, I found there were more bugs than the other series. I should say postponing the release date maybe a good chance. I'm looking forwarder to the next TR.

bonnie :)
18th Jul 2003, 16:01
Originally posted by Mangar The Dark
Oh man! I don't know who you insulted more in that statement, Core, Eidos or our little "Kurtis-hater." Good one! Maybe someday he/she will be laughing at all of you....you never know :D

Mangar The Dark
18th Jul 2003, 17:27
Originally posted by bonnie :)
Maybe someday he/she will be laughing at all of you....you never know :D

Bonnie, you're relatively new here, so you probably haven't read a whole lot of ahch2003's posts. If you did, you would understand why we're laughing at him. A part of me is really convinced that he makes all of these posts just so he can sit back and watch everyone's reaction. He probably IS laughing at us for taking him seriously enough to bother responding at all.

Katie_Fleming
18th Jul 2003, 17:31
I think the proper way would be to submit your resume to them, not posting on the forums. Just a little advice

BkBaby999
18th Jul 2003, 18:54
Maybe someday he/she will be laughing at all of you....you never know
if s/he got a job, I guess s/he would get the last laugh!

ATT: THIS IS NOT A JOKE
yeah......yeah it was :rolleyes:

....nobody should take this seriously :D and it's not about the bad english or grammer or anything as to why I said what I said......

Lil Lara
18th Jul 2003, 19:16
Originally posted by moe888uk

ahchcoo's idea for the next game "lets rid get kurtis off, money make we lot of"

aahahahaha.

alright, I think we've poked fun at his plead for employment enough, now. ;)

Mr_Furious
18th Jul 2003, 20:21
and I don't wish to insult you, is a grasp (be it fully or lightly) of proper English language grammer. What you could have done is "Copied and Pasted" your post into one of the commercially sold word processing programs (Microsoft Word come to mind) and performed a "Spell Check". It would also look for grammatical errors.

And limit your resume to one or two pages in length. No prospective employer EVER reads anything longer then two pages. :D

Lord Pomposity
18th Jul 2003, 20:38
Is this a poster, or the AoD AI program?

BkBaby999
18th Jul 2003, 21:16
lol
I'm playing original TR and the gorillas and wolves even run away when I shot them which is more than the humans in AoD do, and they put up more of a fight :D

Riovanes
18th Jul 2003, 21:20
Originally posted by Mr_Furious

And limit your resume to one or two pages in length. No perspective employer EVER reads anything longer then two pages. :D

As long as we're picking on grammar and proper word usage...

It's PROSPECTIVE employer, not perspective. Perspective is a way of seeing things, prospective is indicative of possibility. Further, it's not proper to say "longer then two pages," because "then" is a temporal reference. It should be "longer THAN two pages."

Like you, I'm not trying at all to be insulting, but it seems unwise to pick on someone else's language when yours isn't perfect.

Rio = holder of a degree in English = word ninja.

*Edit*: Wanted to add realistic word-ninja noise: Hwaaaaaaa!!!

BAH!!!

Mr_Furious
18th Jul 2003, 21:39
Or a temporary lapse of sanity...

Or I'm so drunk that I can't type to save my own life. :D

Anyway, one error. Thanks for letting me know. Now I'll cancel that suicide I planned because "I cannot write good english". :rolleyes:

mikeR
18th Jul 2003, 23:26
I think some of the people in the forum need to develop a sense of humour.Its actually put me off coming here , because I noticed quite few cases where senior members kind of gang up on people. I saw one post where some guy innocently posted a query asking if his system was up to scratch, only to receive an insulting reply . lighten up people, we come here to escape from real life.
As for insulting peoples english skills, well that's just pathetic
:(

18th Jul 2003, 23:45
Originally posted by mikeR
I think some of the people in the forum need to develop a sense of humour.Its actually put me off coming here , because I noticed quite few cases where senior members kind of gang up on people. I saw one post where some guy innocently posted a query asking if his system was up to scratch, only to receive an insulting reply . lighten up people, we come here to escape from real life.
As for insulting peoples english skills, well that's just pathetic
:( I agree. I figure whether or not this person is joking, bashing & insulting is not necessary & that's why I wrote my previous comment. Too many people on this forum, argue & bash others instead of talking about & helping with the games....which is what the forums are all about. :)

Riovanes
18th Jul 2003, 23:56
Originally posted by mikeR
I think some of the people in the forum need to develop a sense of humour. As for insulting peoples english skills, well that's just pathetic
:(

I really, REALLY hope you noticed the ironic joke in my post - because otherwise I'm at a loss as to where you're coming from if this is directed at me.

BAH!!!

tomb_raiding
19th Jul 2003, 00:00
Well not ALL Senior Members :rolleyes:

I'm a new "Senior Member" and I love to help people with there problems :)

tomb_raiding
19th Jul 2003, 00:03
Originally posted by Riovanes
I really, REALLY hope you noticed the ironic joke in my post - because otherwise I'm at a loss as to where you're coming from if this is directed at me.

BAH!!!

You r so mysterious Riovanes I never understand what u really mean :D

BAH!! LOL I love this word :D

The Amazing Rando
19th Jul 2003, 01:08
Originally posted by Riovanes

BAH!!!

Nah, I doubt it was at you (for once :p) in this case Rio. They're prob referring to me in this thread. Tho, now your other thread makes much more sense. :rolleyes:

BkBaby999
19th Jul 2003, 01:59
I think some of the people in the forum need to develop a sense of humour

do you not think that ahch was not starting off making a joke....saying that s/he could do better with his/her limited skills....because that's what I think.

we'll just have to wait for ahch to come back and some 'splaining. I do believe that ahch was kidding about the job thing and some of us were kidding back (some of us were serious tho....but I can understand where it came from due to having seen previous posts by ahch, who deliberately seemed to try to tick people off while blatantly saying that s/he hadn't even played the game but arguing and bashing the game a lot, but since s/he hadn't played the game, couldn't provide any helpfulness).

but the english thing.....it's wrong too cuz it's the world wide web and not the english wide web.....but do I think ahch sounds any smarter in his/her native language :rolleyes: I'm just gonna let it go now!

19th Jul 2003, 03:31
Originally posted by Mangar The Dark
Bonnie, you're relatively new here, so you probably haven't read a whole lot of ahch2003's posts. If you did, you would understand why we're laughing at him. A part of me is really convinced that he makes all of these posts just so he can sit back and watch everyone's reaction. He probably IS laughing at us for taking him seriously enough to bother responding at all. I see but after reading most of his posts, he/she is writing his/her own opinion which is acceptable on this forum. As for argueing, bashing & insulting, that should not be allowed. :)

Lone Raider
20th Jul 2003, 21:02
I cannot help it, I´m having as much fun reading these kind of posts as reading my daily jokes my sister-in-law sends me.

Here´s one I got for you all, enjoy!

Ode to the Spell Checker

Eye halve a spelling chequer
It came with my pea sea
It plainly marques four my revue
Miss steaks eye kin knot sea.

Eye strike a key and type a word
And weight four it two say
Weather eye am wrong oar write
It shows me strait a weigh.

As soon as a mist ache is maid
It nose bee fore two long
And eye can put the error rite
Its rare lea ever wrong.

Eye have run this poem threw it
I am shore your pleased two no
Its letter perfect awl the weigh
My chequer tolled me sew.
:D

tomb_raiding
20th Jul 2003, 21:28
LOL :D

Who invented Grammar anyway :D

D3v1L80Y
20th Jul 2003, 21:35
Originally posted by owen10

I am surprised they haven't already!!

projo
21st Jul 2003, 02:22
quote:

"Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves." Carl Jung

Not that it can't also be funny !
:D

The Amazing Rando
21st Jul 2003, 06:48
Originally posted by BkBaby999
we'll just have to wait for ahch to come back and some 'splaining.

After the few posts I had seen f his, I don't believe that he'llbe able to return and 'splain. I could be wrong, but there's really only one way to find out.

Goran, could you shed some light on whether my suspicians are correct or not?:D

GoranAgar
21st Jul 2003, 08:26
No, you are not correct. S/He could return if s/he wanted.

snake
22nd Jul 2003, 13:24
Can you hire me as your assistant? I also have some brilliant ideas.:D :D :D

moe888uk
22nd Jul 2003, 13:32
LOL:D