PDA

View Full Version : What part of the game did you have the most trouble with?

Verbal Dagger
18th Jul 2003, 01:57
What, specifically, did you have the hardest time with in the game?

Was it a certain puzzle that you just couldn't figure out? A jump that you just couldn't make? A boss?

Please be specific with where you got cought and wether you kept dying or it just took you forever to figure out.

owen10
18th Jul 2003, 02:01
The Breath of Hades before I learnt the hop move. :rolleyes:

felixthamuss
18th Jul 2003, 02:07
Ooooohh yeah Owen10 - I died about 50 times doing that bit!! Wasn't that keen on the earth room either though with those crumbling pillars - died ALOT in that also.

numb
18th Jul 2003, 03:34

remembering that i wasn't playing 'resident evil' during the kurtis levels...

chris.allison
18th Jul 2003, 08:41
After the hall of seasons, I end up in a room with 5 statues holding a glowing painting. I have used more ammo than the US marine core but whatever I do, I can't get one. Playing on pc. What signals the fact I can approach a statue and take the painting ?

phoenixrising
18th Jul 2003, 08:57
Chris,

I had lots of trouble with that also. What I did was:

1. go very near a statue with the the blue light on. Not too near or the light will go off.

2. Stay there in crouched position and keep shooting at the red ghost.

3. don't move any of the direction keys. just keep facing the statue with the light.

4. After a while the ghost will stop howling and stay in one place.

5. approach the statue. A hand will appear. grab the painting and leave through the open door.

Oh, and I turned down the resolution on my PC to minimize the slowdown ...

Good Luck

XanderD2
18th Jul 2003, 09:06
Originally posted by Verbal Dagger

Was it a certain puzzle that you just couldn't figure out? A jump that you just couldn't make? A boss?

Please be specific with where you got cought and wether you kept dying or it just took you forever to figure out.

I played the PC version.

Brother Obscura (the red wraith): I figured out that somehow I need to stop the ghost so I can grab the painting, I was just unable to figure out if it stopped because of my shooting, or simply because it was preparing for its next swoop.

Boaz: Not enough ammo. Target switching did not work. After dying 1000 times, I think it was sheer luck that I managed to kill her, with about 1% health remaining.

Laras_BF
18th Jul 2003, 09:47
BOAZ!

I really hate playing kurtis :mad:

Dragen
18th Jul 2003, 11:09
graveyard was the worst... all those ugly slowdowns

Finiz
18th Jul 2003, 11:10
Still trying to put the Strahov Boxes in the right place....damn it's hard ! (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=20603)

Dragen
18th Jul 2003, 11:11
finiz: remember to turn of the gas! theres a valve near the roof near the circle!

Finiz
18th Jul 2003, 11:15
Originally posted by Dragen
finiz: remember to turn of the gas! theres a valve near the roof near the circle!
(offtopic) I know, I know, but before you are able to do that, you must get your strength upgrade by putting the boxes in the right place ! And I just can't do that....

Dragen
18th Jul 2003, 11:18
nah, just use those boxes near the valve

moe888uk
18th Jul 2003, 11:24
how about some kind person take a screenshot and show it finiz. I am on the ps2 thats my excuse.

So most troublesome bit: In 'the lost domain', theres 3 jumps to be made before a door closes. Kept trying trying and finally got the strength upgrade and still didnt know what to do.

Turned out to be sprint+jump together. Doh!

Spent quite a lot of time on that.

The strahov boxes took a lot of time.

Some reason I find boaz and the red ghost with blue light very easy.

tomb_raiding
18th Jul 2003, 13:17
I didn't have much trouble in the Game, it was very easy for me "BOAZ" was the coolest boss and Kurtis showed some skill there

I think the hardest for me was WRATH OF THE BEAST :eek: I died about 7 times there

PS why doesn't the eek smily animate :(