PDA

View Full Version : To Snake.... (or for the players that dont like kurtis)

ahch2003
18th Jul 2003, 00:54
Snake: when you say...

And I dont think we need a macho man instead of Lara.

.... meaning that you dont like Kurtis, right?

Because if is true... YOU ARE NOW MY NEW BEST FRIEND HERE!! :D

I think that the game was perfect without another playable character.
Thanks to Jeremy smith Tomb raider start to Die.

Good for EIDOS or CORE to FIRE him. (Nothing personal Jeremy, but you can not continue making TR games.)

midroth
18th Jul 2003, 01:04
I think: That he is in the game is okay. BUT that we have to PLAY him stinks!

The Amazing Rando
18th Jul 2003, 01:08
Have you (finally) at least played it yet? :rolleyes: Even if you have, I think everyone here gets the point that you don't like the idea of him being a playable character and won't give the game a chance because he's in there (from what I understand) for ONE WHOLE LEVEL :eek: :rolleyes:, so you can quit making 15 threads about how you hate Kurtis, even tho you may or may not have played the game at all.

ahch2003
18th Jul 2003, 02:06
Really?? all here knows my??

EXCELLENT!! COOL!!! EXELENTE!!!

grfegfg
18th Jul 2003, 03:37
for all kurtis fans out there: he died after killing boaz!

Mangar The Dark
18th Jul 2003, 13:02
ahch2003:
Still jealous that Kurtis gets to hang out with Lara and not you, huh? :rolleyes: Well, here's some consolation-- real women are better than polygon women. Based on your posts, I'm assuming you're still very young, but when you hit 12 and 13, you will see I'm right.

moe888uk
18th Jul 2003, 13:07
"for all kurtis fans out there: he died after killing boaz!"

At the end you can see his sun disk still has some power, meaning he still has some life left

Holly
18th Jul 2003, 20:15
Originally posted by grfegfg
for all kurtis fans out there: he died after killing boaz!

Hopefully Core will make him stay that way! Let the dead rest in peace and the "might be" dead rest with 'em!

TRWad
18th Jul 2003, 20:28
Originally posted by moe888uk

He never reached Boaz. He died 10 seconds after I got controls over him (Does this say enough about my opinion about him?).

XanderD2
18th Jul 2003, 22:57
Originally posted by ahch2003
Good for EIDOS or CORE to FIRE him. (Nothing personal Jeremy, but you can not continue making TR games.)

Let's get one thing straight - Mr. Heath-Smith left Core because of his statement about the possible delay of AoD which led to a 10% drop in Eidos' shares. Not because of the inferior quality of AoD. A company does not care about the quality of its product if the public continues to buy it en masse.

tomb_raiding
18th Jul 2003, 23:47
What's wrong with Kurtis ahch2003 ?? I mean if ur jealous go get ur self a REAL Girl (LARA isn't real (your mind makes her real LOL :D)
OR please state clearly whats wrong with kurtis :)

sercha
19th Jul 2003, 12:21
i did not mind kurtis being in the game but controlling him sucks!!!!!!!
lets hope if he does come back in any future games he handles like lara:)

Laras_BF
19th Jul 2003, 17:10
It`s Lara Croft Tomb Raider !!NOT!! Kurtis Trent Tomb Raider.
And i dont care if you only had to play him for a few levels.
Keep him in the FMV not the actual game.
I really enjoyed playing AOD with Lara, but i did not with Kurtis.
Was not a real tomb raider feel when playing Kurtis.
And i hope more feel the same

Stormgard
19th Jul 2003, 17:38
Originally posted by moe888uk

At the end you can see his sun disk still has some power, meaning he still has some life left

Why do you assume that just cos it shook around a bit that it means he's alive? There's no evidence to support that assumption.

The Amazing Rando
19th Jul 2003, 19:26
Originally posted by Stormgard
Why do you assume that just cos it shook around a bit that it means he's alive? There's no evidence to support that assumption.

Well, no evidence except the interview around here somewhere saying that they'll keep him alive if he's popular enough. Basically, it sounds like it's up to the fan base to decide. He still had some power, now it's if Lara can reach him in time-aka, they can kill him off if they need, or save him if it'll help the product in their eyes.

moe888uk
19th Jul 2003, 19:54
"Originally posted by Stormgard
Why do you assume that just cos it shook around a bit that it means he's alive? There's no evidence to support that
assumption."

Ill be repeating 'the amazing rando' but read adrian smith's interview.

Grave_Robber
19th Jul 2003, 20:12
He was crap, his movment was slower than laras like the roll it takes him 10mins to get back up. The only good thing about him was the disc but u didnt get to use it anyway so he was totaly pointless.

The worst bit about the game was when lara became friends with him. Lara was showen all tough in the game, then some guy comes along and steals an obscura painting off her clearly pissed she chases after him to get it back. Later on he then traps her in a room comes back ages later and for some crazy reason she likes him, no one on this planet is gonner like some one they dont know that locks them in a room. plus she had the dual pistols then, made that scene more crap and annoying.

PLAYA INC'S BIG THUG
19th Jul 2003, 20:37
Originally posted by midroth
I think: That he is in the game is okay. BUT that we have to PLAY him stinks!

I agree but, it dosen't stink it bites butt (in other ways to put it)

snake
22nd Jul 2003, 21:11
Sales is the first matter for EIDOS of course, but the delay itself cant be the only reason for Mr Heath Smith 's leaving. Bad quality of a game or bad comments and reviews can actually drop sales down. People have bought the game this time because we all expected sth very good. The problem is that many of us are dissapointed and we will be very hesitants to buy the next TR game. You think EIDOS doesnt know that?