PDA

View Full Version : Unknown Picture

LaraCroft_TombRaider
17th Jul 2003, 23:41
I have never seen this part in the game? Where is it.

http://www.laracroftonline.net/cgi-bin/aod_screens/images/large/9989.jpg

Tipsko
17th Jul 2003, 23:51
don't know, but i've also seen A LOT pictures which do not appear in the game, I think they've changed a lot in the 'final' game.

Tipsko

salvestrom
18th Jul 2003, 00:23
It's got Lux Veritatis written all over it (figuratively speaking) but doesn't look like any part of the game I've played through.

My understanding is that they effectively chopped off the start of the larger story that makes up the triology and turned it into AoD. Who knows how much of the other two games is actually finished at this time, particularly in terms of level design.

Tipsko
18th Jul 2003, 00:28
that move is also impossible in aod

Grave_Robber
18th Jul 2003, 01:00
yeah she got dual pistols there too :D

Mr_Furious
18th Jul 2003, 01:14
the Vault of Trophies.

owen10
18th Jul 2003, 01:59
In early previews, I read about a puzzle involving a banner you had to grab and pull. Could be that.

Grave_Robber
18th Jul 2003, 02:01
it looks like it is Vault of Trophies, it may well have been but removed as it wasnt finished and they had to get game out. Vault of Tophies how it is now is far too small which is probably why ppl dont seem to assosiate it as a tomb on the forum

Lr&Kt
18th Jul 2003, 02:05
Oh i get it now, i support that chopping off aod to make a trilogy theory, and the somersault CAN be done in the sequels, as lara get´s more exp, she can do new things and have new weapons, that´s gonna make us want the sequel i bet:rolleyes:

jodman3
18th Jul 2003, 02:28
It's that one place with the timed door, with the spikes and darts.
I guess they cut it out.

TRaiderGurl
18th Jul 2003, 21:57
I dont think that the flip is impossible cause i can do it, It looks like gettting that much air is impossible!:eek: I have yet to jump that freakin high!

moe888uk
18th Jul 2003, 22:04
Maybe there were bugs in parts of the original game that were very hard to get rid of, the only alternative was to get rid of that part of the game to meet the deadline. Hmm, no wonder the game seems so short. Then again, if this game is short what would you say about splinter cell and mgs2. I finished splintercell in half the time it took me for AOD. I am only comparing it to them, coz they are my other favorite games.

traider28
18th Jul 2003, 22:16
If you have DLed any of the TrAod movies, one of those movies shows it at the first of it and it kinda looks to me that it is in the Hall of Seasons. To me that is!! The movie is titled (aod-e3-game) and its 1.27mb and the author is crofter. Lara has to jump up and grab that flag or whatever it is called and then swing and kick the statue. The screen show her after she has kick it. So, she is in her backflip in the screen. I wish they could have left all of the original stuff in it.:(

TRaiderGurl
20th Jul 2003, 18:51
Well if in that pic, she as already did her stunt to trigger whatever she is triggering, as you say, then she has quite a fall ahead of her. There is no way she can land from that hieght without dying.

traider28
20th Jul 2003, 19:39
Watch the movie and you will see.

Dad
20th Jul 2003, 20:19
Originally posted by traider28
Watch the movie and you will see.

You are correct I remember that in one of the early on movies.:D