PDA

View Full Version : Need Help! Kurtis VS Boaz spider thing..

mrdefender
17th Jul 2003, 22:51
Ok. I've managed to get the the 2 front pods (front left and front right..) destroyed but I can't get the other 2... :(

I keep running around trying to shoot the back pods but I always seem to aim for her.. err.. it's ? stomach ...

The official Prima Guide says;

TIP If your not able to target the correct pods, press the 'Switch Target' Button to aim for an intact (non-damaged) Pod.

Which is nice and dandy for the PS2.. but what's the switch target button for us PC users?

Suffice it to say Kurtis just isn't doing much at this point... Not to mention all that green gew that keeps making me slip and fall then 2 blobs come out and im dead..

Anyone?

Dazed
17th Jul 2003, 22:59
ye, this was so frustrating.. Ive been playing it time and time again after I decided to do the same thing as you..

press your roll button while u are targeted to an automatic target and she'll change target.. once u can do that Boaz is a peace o cake..

I just CANT believe that they didnt trow that in he manual.. nor that u could go prone.. I really _really_ start to dislike core/eidos.. but thats no longer a secret I guess :P

and if u run out of ammo, there's a repsawning ammoclip in the arena.. everytime ur ammocounter will hit rock bottem u can pick it up..

mrdefender
17th Jul 2003, 23:28
Yah. I noticed some clips around that keep poping up...

Good thing too cause Lame Kurtis only carries one gun. :(

His psychic abilities are neat but whats the big point if you cant use any of em ?? (only used in cinematics) ... Though that xena thing looks nice.. shame I cant use it...

Id aim it so it makes chili and fries out of Boaz! :D

Thanks for the help. I'll go and give it a try now. Thanks again.

grfegfg
18th Jul 2003, 13:17
on a pc, push end to switch target to aim at the back wholes

LittleSpender
18th Jul 2003, 14:46
I had trouble with Boaz to start with, but then found a tactic which seemed to work as follows...

Put your gun away or Kurtis just does his own thing, and keep running round the room. When Boaz get's near to you, she will stop and stamp at you but if you keep running, she won't be able to get you. This gives you an opportunity to get some distance between you and Boaz, so run to the other side of the area but not too close to the wall.

Turn around and draw your weapon. I suggest not rolling as Kurtis appears to have the athletic ability of a fat middle-aged bloke who drinks and smokes too much. Just turn on the spot. When Boaz is in range, put a few bullets in her head, and she will stop running towards you and start spraying you with goo. Immediately put your gun away, and run round to the side which is gooing you. You may knocked down a few times by the goo, but it didn't seem to hurt me too much, just get up again. Draw your weapon and make sure you're aiming at the pod spewing goo (press roll to change targets if you're not) then blast it a few times. Don't rely on keeping the fire button pressed, as you can fire twice as quickly by repeatedly pressing the fire button.

When it turns yellow, holster your weapon and run away again. You've probably used all your ammo by now so pick up the clip which will appear again, rinse, and repeat. I can kill her every time now in about 5 minutes without losing more than about 50 percent health using this method.

This is on PC mind, PS2 might not play the same.

rodsok
21st Jul 2003, 16:21
That boaz chick is a hotty.I sure would like to slay that bitc%!!!
I have tried every thing to kill her or even hurt her for that matter.I have tried to switch targets,but it doesn't work.I have ps2 and I try to hit the square button while I am shooting,and nothing seems to work.Is there another way to destry Boaz?:mad: :confused:
frustrated in tacoma!!
Rod

lizley
21st Jul 2003, 20:23
I am soooo frustrated at this point, I've been hacking away at Boaz for about 45 mins, I'm still not sure how many pods I've blown off , I've only got 1/2 a health bar left, no medi packs and a sore left thumb. I am running around the area then K will turnaround and I'll fire a few times into Boaz face then I run to the side and start to shoot the pods. There are flaps which open and close on her back ... are they still the intact pods or what? I am switching targets by using the square button, K is firing away but there's no pods exploding...................... I'm tired. Pls somebody help me !

moe888uk
21st Jul 2003, 20:38
hi lizley, once you shoot at one of the pods on the back side of the bug, it might have blown without you realizing it has. In my game, the front one became darker green when they blew up, but the back ones never changed colour. So you might have blown up one of the back one without realizing, so now just go on the other side of the bug and blow up the 4th pod. Hopefully it will work out right. (or might have not blown the 3rd pod yet :)

lizley
21st Jul 2003, 22:03
Well I went back to the game just after posting up my distress call and I'm telling you I wasn't even trying to kill the beast but I did it yaaaayyyyyyyyy, I'm so proud of myself. Thanks anyway for your help.... now I'm stuck again. I am at the time trial jump in the next area, I've pulled the lever and jumped to the first platform ( have got my power up ) am excuting a dash + jump to get to the door before it closes and man I'm not kidding you I have got killed evertime by either falling off the ledge or she wont jump at the very end of the second platform and I just fall off. I made it only twice to the door just as it shut in my face...... I'm even more frustrated than Boaz... she was a piece of cake compared to this jump sequence. I could feel the pressure building up and I was getting too stressed out so I had to come off the game for a while to calm down. Has anyone got past this and how did you do it.

SVT_03
21st Jul 2003, 22:15
Hi lizley. One big thing helped me save a few seconds in this area. I moved Lara and started my first running jump during the cutscene, after you pull the lever. If you notice, you can still see her, AND move her. It might take a couple tries to get her lined up correctly, but once I did, I made it with ease. I also used the sprint jump on the last big jump, just because it's fun to watch. Good Luck :D

lizley
21st Jul 2003, 22:21
Thanks. I might go back and try that, I actualy saved my game just after I pulled the lever so I wouldn't have to keep doing it, but I think I have an earlier save that I could try... I hope. If it helps to shave a few secs of the time Im up for it. I'm off to bed now... tomorrow is another day!:(

rodsok
22nd Jul 2003, 14:59
Hey Lizley,
You and I have been stuck in the same place I think.Where you are at trying to get to that door before it closes,you have to go the other way first,then use the sprint jump to get across both slabs or platforms.Thats how I did it!Yeah Me!!!!
not so frustrated in tacoma!!
Rod:D :cool: :p

moe888uk
22nd Jul 2003, 15:18
"not so frustrated"

And you wont be frustrated any more either the end boss is easy.

lizley
22nd Jul 2003, 20:14
Hi Guys

Well I did it, I'm all done with AOD, just kicked the last Boss's as$, there was a moment there when I thought it was going to be another game thrown in the drawer unfinished but no ... I DID IT YAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYY !!

richard
24th Jul 2003, 20:40
In most fighting situations in this game there has been a hard way and an easy way...I find the fighting way in this game to be terrible and prefer using the bugs inherent in the game or doing something easy like kicking a skeleton off a cliff easier then trying to out shoot it with them ...I haven't defeated this spider thing yet...and there should be non shooter way to defeat it since eidos made the cntrls and reaction time so lousy for it to be a shooter game at all. Has anyone found it?...maybe just a posted save past this point, saves me damning my computer everytime I lose...lol

bonnie :)
24th Jul 2003, 21:00
Originally posted by Richard
In most fighting situations in this game there has been a hard way and an easy way...I find the fighting way in this game to be terrible and prefer using the bugs inherent in the game or doing something easy like kicking a skeleton off a cliff easier then trying to out shoot it with them ...I haven't defeated this spider thing yet...and there should be non shooter way to defeat it since eidos made the cntrls and reaction time so lousy for it to be a shooter game at all. Has anyone found it?...maybe just a posted save past this point, saves me damning my computer everytime I lose...lol Well, if you're using the correct target switch button/key, then all I can suggest is try to side-step while aiming on each side & get closer. Be sure to have some ammo left 'before' you shoot out the last pod. Good luck