PDA

View Full Version : The new hero from Tomb Raider: Mr. Kurtis Trent!!!!

Godfather
17th Jul 2003, 21:44
First of all: I was not one of the many members who, months before the game came out, already started bashing onto this new character that no living (or dead) soul had ever played with before.

On the other hand, I didn't know what to think of Kurtis Trent. I could never think he would make a very interesting character, but I've always kept an open mind on him.

Now, I just started playing with Kurtis Trent and I think the man is in one word ... COOL

I love the way he talks (yes: even walks) and how he kicks with his bare hands. I think it's a very nice and refreshing change to finally have a partner for Lara Croft and to make that partner male. Coz I remember saying multiple times that it would've been better to give Lara a female partner (since I'm thoroughly convinced that Lara Croft is a lesbian ... hey! We still didn't get married ... doesn't that mean something? :D) but I agree that having a leading man in Tomb Raider sheds an entirely different light upon this game.

I sincerely hope that Tomb Raider will continue with Kurtis Trent (and maybe even more new characters ... wouldn't it be cool that you play with 25 different characters with each and everyone of them their own special abilities?) and give him of course even more screentime.

Bye for now! :)

Riovanes
17th Jul 2003, 22:05
While I agree that adding a new character does give the game a whole new dimesion...

Adding 25 sounds too much like an arcade fighter.

"TombFighter: The Lost Combo"

It just wouldn't work...

BAH!!!

Straw Dog
17th Jul 2003, 22:08
Originally posted by Godfather
and how he kicks with his bare hands.

Man, I wish I could kick with my bare hands..by the way..how the hell do you kick with your hands?

Godfather
17th Jul 2003, 22:21
Originally posted by Straw Dog
Man, I wish I could kick with my bare hands..by the way..how the hell do you kick with your hands?

Well, you make a fist and hit. :rolleyes:

Dazed
17th Jul 2003, 22:28
ya know... im just not that hyped about the dude.. actually I dont like him.. HE'LL STEAL LARA!!! err... rite.. nah..

he's ok I guess.. just hate it that he isnt as agile as lara.. maan.. he's swinging those ledges for hours before he finds anything that u could call balance :P

BkBaby999
17th Jul 2003, 22:35
Kurtis seems more homosexually oriented than Lara....if you're watching the way he walks :rolleyes:

and he still looks scuzzy like he needs a bath or something, maybe he could go on that gay male makeover show.....

snake
17th Jul 2003, 23:18
May be she is not a lesbian. She is a sientist, an archeologist ,so she is discreet with her boyfriends. She wouldnt take them with her in her adventures would she? I think Kurtis is her lost brother but she doesnt know yet the truth. She will find it in next sequel.(If there is next).
As for the 25 people in the game, EIDOS could create a wonderful RPG tomb raider game following your ideas.
Bye my friend.

Godfather
17th Jul 2003, 23:35
Talking of which: actually I'm stuck with Kurtis Trent after I already killed dozens of those pretty annoying mummies and now I'm in this kitchen-shaped room where one guy lies dead (and I just picked up his pass so that I could pass one of the doors in the former rooms) and there's this beast hanging in this glass box.

What to do? What to do?

Please? :(

Thanks!

Also: does anyone else lose pretty much life when fighting only one of these mummies? I mean: the first time it worked to kill one of them without losing life, but after that I lost more than I could hurt the mummy and then I switched to using the gun, but apparantly one has to be careful with ammo coz there's a moment where Kurtis Trent'll have to fight a big boss and that's a moment where multiple Tomb Raider-gamers were left without bullets, it that correct?

Thanks again!

Bye for now

tomb_raiding
17th Jul 2003, 23:51
OH MY GOD 25 , AM I PLAYING DIABLO HERE, I mean even diablo doesn't have 25 character :D

Raven
18th Jul 2003, 02:32
Hi Godfather. Pleased to see there's another Kurtis fan out there.
It's a shame that some male Raiders seem to be jealous of him :) I think he's a great counterpart to Lara.

Anyway, as to the part where you're stuck, you need to retrace your steps and use the pass card in the console which is on top of the raised walkway in the cafeteria. If your game has the same glitches mine does, the walkway will be transparent, in which case take care because there's a gap in it halfway along which you have to jump over. Use Walk or you won't be able to see it.
Yes, you need to conserve ammo....I couldn't kill the mummies with hand-to-hand without losing loads of health either, but you can save bullets if you fire at a close range, just keep backing off so they don't get too close.
There is unlimited ammo in the room with the boss fight, but getting to it can be tough. I explained this fully in the thread "Issue with Kurtis......." -check that one out for details.

The Godfather
18th Jul 2003, 08:14
Thank a lot, Raven! Err ... although I already did that part which is why I mentioned this "and I just picked up his pass so that I could pass one of the doors in the former rooms) in my previous post, but it must have been me who wasn't too clear on things. My question is actually: where do I go from here? Because that's the moment where I am really stuck. I knew that I had to use the pass somehow and I did and killed this one remaining mummy whilst investigating the place, but now it seems I've got nowhere else to go! :eek:

Please? Help?

Thank you ... come again!!

Bye for now

Godfather
18th Jul 2003, 09:33
HEEEEELLPPP!!! :(

(sorry, i just lost it)

arwen59
18th Jul 2003, 14:03
Originally posted by Godfather
First of all: I was not one of the many members who, months before the game came out, already started bashing onto this new character that no living (or dead) soul had ever played with before.

On the other hand, I didn't know what to think of Kurtis Trent. I could never think he would make a very interesting character, but I've always kept an open mind on him.

Now, I just started playing with Kurtis Trent and I think the man is in one word ... COOL

I love the way he talks (yes: even walks) and how he kicks with his bare hands. I think it's a very nice and refreshing change to finally have a partner for Lara Croft and to make that partner male. Coz I remember saying multiple times that it would've been better to give Lara a female partner (since I'm thoroughly convinced that Lara Croft is a lesbian ... hey! We still didn't get married ... doesn't that mean something? :D) but I agree that having a leading man in Tomb Raider sheds an entirely different light upon this game.

I sincerely hope that Tomb Raider will continue with Kurtis Trent (and maybe even more new characters ... wouldn't it be cool that you play with 25 different characters with each and everyone of them their own special abilities?) and give him of course even more screentime.

Bye for now! :)

i totally agree!!!!!!!!!:D

Mangar The Dark
18th Jul 2003, 14:17
One thing I would like to see is a "Project Eden"-style team play system with Lara and Kurtis. In other words, rather than dedicating particular levels to either Lara or Kurtis, let us switch between them to solve certain puzzles that require two people.

A simple example-- There's a closed gate. Kurtis can pull a rope to lift the gate, but if he releases the rope, the gate slams shut again. So, have Kurtis lift the gate with the rope, then switch to Lara, and run through. From the room Lara reaches beyond the gate, she can pick up a broomhandle (or whatever) to wedge under the gate and keep it open so Kurtis can follow.

I really think such puzzles would add a whole new (and welcome) element to the TR series.

moe888uk
18th Jul 2003, 14:29
the switching characters idea could be good(but only for a few levels).

Imagine this we play as lara and we kill of all the baddies and we search and search and search but cant find a code to for a door, we switch to kurtis and use his farsight ability(which we should be allowed to do ourselves) and use the sight to find the code. Of course, it would only be fun for a few levels. I like being alone with Lara most of the time.

Agree with godfather, Kurtis is just cool. I think the voice actor has done a great job for the character.

snake
22nd Jul 2003, 22:38
I liked Kurtis, especially his psycic powers, but I wouldnt like to see him instead of Lara. They can leave him there, but only to enrich the scenario and may be as Lara s new boyfriend. Playable ONLY for a couple of missions and more agile, not so heavy.
I laughed with his aoutses. He was so funny.

tomb_raiding
22nd Jul 2003, 23:57
ahch said you hate Kurtis Snake :(

numb
23rd Jul 2003, 00:16
One thing I would like to see is a "Project Eden"-style team play system with Lara and Kurtis. In other words, rather than dedicating particular levels to either Lara or Kurtis, let us switch between them to solve certain puzzles that require two people.

if you haven't played 'primal', you need to immediately (tho be warned - scree, jen's (extremely nimble) gargoyle partner, blows kurtis completely out of the water :) )...

myself? - no use whatsoever for kurtis, thanks...