PDA

View Full Version : I got dual pistols on PC version, you can too !!

Chaser
17th Jul 2003, 16:15
Yep, it's true, I tell ya !! I've read and read about those elusive dual pistols that everyone wants to know about. Well, I'm here to tell you that they ARE in the game, and here is when/how you get them...... Remember, this is on the PC version, and I do not know if it's the same for the PS2 or not.....

When you are in the Aquatic Research area, and you have made you way into section numbered 2, Laura reaches a point where there is a cutscene, and she is seen changing into her short legged wetsuit. After she is completely changed, and the cutscene ends, she will be standing there, and what do you suppose she has gained, other than a change of clothes?

Yep, it's true, she now has two guns, one in each holster!! This is the FIRST, and ONLY time in the game where she has two pistols at her disposal. When she advances into the Hall of Trophies, she loses the dual guns, and reverts to one gun only.

OK, so there you have it, the truth at LAST !! There ARE two guns in this game after all !!!

What's that you ask??? How did I use them both? Well now, I didn't say that I could use them, I just said that I found them, and had them.... :rolleyes:

I actually never did get Laura to draw and shoot both guns at the same time, but I didn't spend a lot of time trying button/control combinations either... Perhaps someone with more time could do a bit of experimenting with the controls to see if it's possible to use both at the same time??

D3v1L80Y
17th Jul 2003, 16:26
This happens in the PS2 version as well. But being that you cannot use them it doesn't really count. And as you said as soon as you change clothing again you lose them. So they are never really 'at her disposal' they are merely disposed of when she changes.

jinhamasaki
17th Jul 2003, 16:31
I don't remember needing to shoot anything anyway, lol.

D3v1L80Y
17th Jul 2003, 16:34
Originally posted by jinhamasaki
I don't remember needing to shoot anything anyway, lol.

This is true. And when you are under water, you cannot shoot your guns anyway. (unless you have a harpoon gun like the older games...but there isn't one in this game anyhow)

Leigh Croft
17th Jul 2003, 17:20
and i'm sure u meant Lara............

T_Rex
17th Jul 2003, 17:31
Originally posted by Chaser
...you have made you way into section numbered 2, Laura reaches a point where there is a cutscene...

...I actually never did get Laura to draw and shoot both guns ...

I see I'm not the only one to point out something wrong with the original post. That's a big Tomb Raider forum no-no!

Chaser
17th Jul 2003, 17:53
Originally posted by Leigh Croft
and i'm sure u meant Lara............

Ah, Ha!!! So, this is what it feels like to have egg on my face, eh?? :o

My sister is named Laura, so I believe I'll just call it a Fraudian slip, and let it go at that, alright??

/me going to the blackboard and writing Lara, Lara, ... (100 times)

Leigh Croft
17th Jul 2003, 17:55
And when youve finished that I've made u an appointment to have "Lara" tatooed to the inside of youre eyelids! :p

Chaser
17th Jul 2003, 18:45
And when youve finished that I've made u an appointment to have "Lara" tatooed to the inside of youre eyelids! :p

Gee, thanks!!:D But I think I'd almost rather go back and kill Boaz again..... LOL

LittleSpender
17th Jul 2003, 18:49
Ah, Ha!!! So, this is what it feels like to have egg on my face, eh?? :o

My sister is named Laura, so I believe I'll just call it a Fraudian slip, and let it go at that, alright??

/me going to the blackboard and writing Lara, Lara, ... (100 times)

I'm sure you mean't Freudian...

D3v1L80Y
17th Jul 2003, 18:51
Originally posted by LittleSpender

again with the zing!!...:)

Chaser
17th Jul 2003, 19:00
Originally posted by D3v1L80Y
again with the zing!!...:)

Say...... I hate to tell ya all this, but I'm outta blackboard space, AND chalk !!

Or, is that * out of *....... LOL

D3v1L80Y
17th Jul 2003, 19:15
Say...... I hate to tell ya all this, but I'm outta blackboard space, AND chalk !!

Or, is that * out of *....... LOL

That's OK Chaser, we forgive you......hehe:D

Raven
18th Jul 2003, 02:58
Anyone else noticed that Americans tend to pronounce Lara as Laura anyway?

Justin888
18th Jul 2003, 06:01
In response to Raven's post, yes and no. GAMERS don't, but news reporters and the like who only talk about the movie do.

RebeL_fARmeR
18th Jul 2003, 12:29
Ah, Ha!!! So, this is what it feels like to have egg on my face, eh??

I can see some bacon too... :D

Naa, I'm sure that seeing as you can't draw the guns it's just a bug. After all, what's the point of having them for 5 minutes in an underwater part of the game?

Mangar The Dark
18th Jul 2003, 12:40
Originally posted by LittleSpender

...and I'm sure you meant "meant," not "mean't"... lol

Chaser
18th Jul 2003, 12:45
Originally posted by Mangar The Dark
...and I'm sure you meant "meant," not "mean't"... lol

Wow, what a rough crowd in here..... LOL I'll be sure to run my Spellchecker, my Syntax checker, my Punctuation checker, and my Thought checker before posting in the future !! Har, har...

Leigh Croft
18th Jul 2003, 16:34
Gee's! What did I start!?

Chaser
19th Jul 2003, 03:59
Gee's! What did I start!?

Can I stop writing on the blackboard now? Please?? I need to get back to the game... :rolleyes:

Leigh Croft
19th Jul 2003, 19:05
Hmmmm, 200 more lines and then we'll see if youve learnt a lesson.

dhama
19th Jul 2003, 20:03
Ok.... now you've spoilt it for me. I ain't reached that point yet :mad: Humphh!!!!!

BTW, what happened next..............?