PDA

View Full Version : a strahov headache

Finiz
17th Jul 2003, 14:31
I've been playing Tomb Raider-Angel Of Darkness for exactly one week now, and it seems I'm one of the few enthusiasts here, because I really (really) love it !

Nevertheless, I find it a bit too easy; Paris was like a training level, the guards at the louvre were just plain stupid, I had almost no problems with the Hall of Hell and the ghost took me a few hours.

Untill now....I'm stuck at Strahov; where you have to move those boxes. I tried nearly everything, but I just can't get that 'strength upgrade' (strange Lara; pulling and pushing like hell, but she will only feel stronger when she puts the boxes in the right place !)
Even walktroughs can't help me, so I guess I must be doing something wrong.

Help ?

Uploaded a few pics to show where I am (what's with that notebook ? It keeps popping up several times during the game...)

Strahov boxes (http://users.skynet.be/bk284908/aod.html)

D3v1L80Y
17th Jul 2003, 14:47
First, when the notebook pops up, it means there is an update to it. The notebook is in your inventory, and when you choose it you can read VonCroy's and Lara's entries and updates.

Secondly,

it appears that you have the boxes in proper order...go to the other side of the warehouse and you see two crates stacked on each other..pull them to the area with the valve and you should see your strenghth upgrade

moe888uk
17th Jul 2003, 14:57
I think the box on the toppest level has to be on the left than where it is currently. i.e it should be exactly below a pipe on the cieling. To be sure get on top of the toppest box and look up, there should be a pipe and when you jump lara can hang off it.

Godfather
17th Jul 2003, 15:00
Hey Finiz! Ik zag net dat je uit België kwam en nog straffer: je komt uit Antwerpen!! Dat gebeurt hier niet vaak! Ik denk dat wij de enige twee zijn die uit België komen; laat staan Antwerpen! Waar woon je ergens precies?

Tot later!

Hey Finiz! I just noticed that you were from Belgium and even more so: you're from Antwerp!! That doesn't happen much around here! I think we are the only ones that are from Belgium; let alone that someone is even from Antwerp!
Where do you live exactly?

Bye for now!

Heidiho
17th Jul 2003, 15:04
I didn't push any boxes around, Just get on top of the tallest big black pipe,face the bypass and jump to it.

BlueSkiesXXV
17th Jul 2003, 15:12
yeah, the highest box is in the wrong place, it needs to be moved to the left.

Finiz
17th Jul 2003, 15:40
Thanks. I'm not there yet (still moving boxes) and I'm sure it will take a while before I will :( (For me this is actually the most difficult part of the game untill now.... I spent most of my time figuring out how to get past that fence)

First, when the notebook pops up, it means there is an update to it. The notebook is in your inventory, and when you choose it you can read VonCroy's and Lara's entries and updates.

I didn't see any updates in the notebook ? And it's kinda weird that she 'updates' her notebook by walking behind a wall, or something like that.

Hey Finiz! Ik zag net dat je uit België kwam en nog straffer: je komt uit Antwerpen!! Dat gebeurt hier niet vaak! Ik denk dat wij de enige twee zijn die uit België komen; laat staan Antwerpen! Waar woon je ergens precies?

Hey Godfather ! Ik kom uit Burcht, da's vlak tegen Antwerpen, 'over 't water' ;) Ik dacht dat ik hier de enige Belg was, maar ik merk dat jij zelfs al 'Senior Member' bent, dus d'r blijken toch wel wat antwerpse Tomb Raiders te zijn :D

Hey Godfather ! I'm from Burcht, very close to Antwerp. I thought I was the only Belgian here, but you seem to be already 'Senior Member', so apparently there are some Belgian Tomb Raiders ! :D

His_Zutusliness
17th Jul 2003, 16:38
heyhey, zeg er zijn dan wel drie mensen van België, ik ben wel van Leuven :p

Godfather
17th Jul 2003, 19:47
Originally posted by His_Zutusliness
heyhey, zeg er zijn dan wel drie mensen van België, ik ben wel van Leuven :p

(Translating out of respect for the non-Dutch speaking members ... i mean: there still are many more of them than of us, right? :D)

Heyhey, well: then there are even three people from Belgium, but I am from Leuven :p

tombed
18th Jul 2003, 22:55
First off, kill the dog because he will bite you through the fence! Next, the box that is over by the wall, pull it over to the other stacked crates and push it up against the fence. Climb up on that same crate, and push the crate right in front of you all the way over. Now, climb up on that crate and on one side should be fence and the other should be the highest up crate....this is where it gets tricky, but it can be done, I did it last night. Position Lara in front of this highest up crate and pull the crate towards.....I know, you're thinking no room, right? Wrong, it will move, but just slightly. Now, pull it again, and again...each time, it inches closer and closer to Lara. Now, get down off that crate and not by climbing over that high crate because the gas will get her and she will die. Get down on the floor, walk around to the side where the highest up crate once rested and jump up....there will be just enough space to let Lara up there. Now push the highest up crate all the way toward the fence......this should give you your power up.

Get down now, go to the other wall, where the lights are, and pull the doublestacked crates over and under the AC unit up on the wall. Climb up on top of the AC unit, turn the valve, and the gas is off now. Get back up on the movable crates, grab the bar on the ceiling (tuck though legs!) and shimmy to the other side of the fence.
I copied the for you from another reply, but thats exactly how its done. It takes about 25 pulls before you can get up on the back of the box to push the highest one.