PDA

View Full Version : TR4's revolver

Mangar The Dark
17th Jul 2003, 14:08
Did anyone else have a problem with a non-existant revolver in TR4? I needed the revolver for those carnival games at the Coastal Ruins, but I didn't have one by the time I reached that level, and there wasn't a revolver anywhere in that level either (or in the other levels I could reach from there.) I remember consulting various walkthroughs, and they all mentioned where to get the laser site (in Jean-Yves apartment), but none of them mentioned where to get the revolver itself (it was NOT in his apartment... at least, in my version it wasn't.) Anyway, after running around that part of the game for several days, exploring every possible corner, I finally had to use a cheat to get a revolver in my inventory.

I completed the game several years ago, but I always wondered if this was actually a flaw in the game design. Did anyone else experience this? And why didn't the walkthroughs mention the location of the revolver?

Dino
17th Jul 2003, 15:33
The Revolver is not found until the beginning of the City of the Dead in Cairo.

The Prima Strategy Guide is wrong when it says to equip the Revolver with the Laser Sight to shoot the targets in the Egyptian Adventure in the Coastal Ruins in Alexandria.

Pick up the Crossbow in the Egyptian Adventure before you go to the targets. Equip the Crossbow with the Laser Sight. One explosive arrow should take out all of the targets.

Mangar The Dark
17th Jul 2003, 16:05
Ahhhh... Odd, though, I don't remember seeing the crossbow either, or I'm sure I would have tried that. But who knows? It's been so many years now, I can't say for sure. Thanks.

CyCro
17th Jul 2003, 21:38
The crossbow is in the mirror room with the spikes...

John Carter
18th Jul 2003, 04:31
Wow! Check it out! Been at least 6 months since the revolver question last surfaced!

Prima guides--pretty to look at, not so good to play the games by.

For TR walkthroughs, check www.tombraiders.net/stella

Best ones on the web, IMO.

Tells you all about the revolver/crossbow thing.

ggctuk
22nd Jul 2003, 09:53
Do the weapons cheat in TR4