PDA

View Full Version : Why I Love TR:AOD

phoenixrising
17th Jul 2003, 07:47
I am now in the aquatic research facility but I am just taking a breather to say that I absolutely LOVE this game! Now before you all criticize me and call me another rabid Lara fan, I will state my reasons:

1. I am running the game on a 3-year old machine (PIII 600 MHZ with TNT2 card) and let me tell you, this is the ONLY new game that runs very smoothly on my PC. I am even on high-res with all the graphical bells and whistles but the game is still just as B-E-A-U-T-Y ful.

2. Graphics are AWESOME. I especially like how water looks in this game. so pretty.

3. Lara looks as magnificent as ever. I hated the way she looked on Last Revelation -- seemed like her head was too big for her body. This new version of lara just looks smashing.

4. Loved the story. More engaging than ever.

5. New playable character. I know this may not be a bonus for some of you, but Kurtis is a great character and a good match for Lara.

6. Controls are better. I died less in this game than any other TR game.

7. TR:AOD is only US$30.00 in Asia where I am right now :)).

8. I've never played Metal Gear Sons of Liberty, Splinter Cell, GTA, or any of the games they compare AOD to. Because I simply can't with my PC. No basis for comparison means no disappointments.

9. Varied environments. Am I the only one who hated TRLR? I got bored stiff with that game. AOD is a good mix of tombs and "normal" environments.

10. Lara can now do hand-to-hand. Not the best but at least she's not poor and defenseless like before.

This is my second fave TR after the first. I have some suggestions for the next game, but I think they got a lot of things right on AOD. Peace.

Marco-Fogg
17th Jul 2003, 11:01
Originally posted by phoenixrising
6. Controls are better.

Thats just completely wrong. How anybody can arrive at that conclusion just baffles me.

Marco-Fogg
17th Jul 2003, 11:05

8. I've never played Metal Gear Sons of Liberty, Splinter Cell, GTA, or any of the games they compare AOD to. Because I simply can't with my PC. No basis for comparison means no disappointments.

Thats like saying 'I've never had anything else to drink other than my own p*ss. No basis for comparison means no disapointments.'

If you had played those other games, then you would be able to see quite clearly why AOD is so disapointing and frankly outdated.

JohnnyZ
17th Jul 2003, 12:00
and maybe u could see that not everyone dislikes the game as much as you obvoiusly do, everyone has a right to their own opinion and trying to make someone look stupid just cos they dont agree with you is petty. i really enjoyed AOD and am looking forward to the next one, you obvoiusly dont or didnt so find something u do like :)

RebeL_fARmeR
17th Jul 2003, 12:06
6. Controls are better. I died less in this game than any other TR game.

Tell you what, you go and fetch your jacket and I'll phone the mental institution and they'll take you away... don't worry they're good people... goooooooooood people! :D

Only joking, I'm pleased for you actually, glad to see someone is liking the new control system. Personally I think it's donkey sh**e but we all have our own tastes...

As for AOD being out of date, I really don't agree with that, ergonomically it was a bit restricting but graphics, audio, animations, looked very up-to-date to me.

moe888uk
17th Jul 2003, 13:24
The controls on the pc might be bad(i wouldnt know) but for the ps2 they are incredibly good. Now its so easy to get in the position you want.