PDA

View Full Version : the game can't process

night
17th Jul 2003, 05:55
I think I've got a horror when I play it.

When I finished the installion and try to start the game,
After clicking the "New game" button.
and it started loading the data.
but when finished, it will close the game itself.

I don't know what's going on, can anybody help?

gangstaplay_the_third
17th Jul 2003, 08:02
There could be any of a huge number of causes for this. Seeing as most of the bugs people are experiencing in the game are due to graphics problems - I would have a look at your graphics settings (poss turn down the resolution just to test that). Also, you should install the patch as that fixed a couple of crash errors (or so Eidos claimed).

night
17th Jul 2003, 08:26
Originally posted by gangstaplay_the_third
There could be any of a huge number of causes for this. Seeing as most of the bugs people are experiencing in the game are due to graphics problems - I would have a look at your graphics settings (poss turn down the resolution just to test that). Also, you should install the patch as that fixed a couple of crash errors (or so Eidos claimed).

I am sorry that my English is not good,
can you explain it a bit further?

1400x1050 16bits you mean this?

gangstaplay_the_third
17th Jul 2003, 08:51
Yeah - that's the one. You could try reducing that to something like 800 x 600 and 16 bits.

If that doesn't work then you could turn it back up and try something else. Have you installed the patch?

http://www.eidosinteractive.co.uk/support/search.html?gmid=134

gangstaplay_the_third
17th Jul 2003, 08:53
If that doesn't work have a look here:

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=135

night
17th Jul 2003, 09:23
I have read out the topic and download the patch,
but nothing is changed.
800x600 16bits also can't fix the problem.

does AOD not support Window ME?

gangstaplay_the_third
17th Jul 2003, 09:32
It should support Windows ME because it supports Windows 98. Which graphics card are you using?

night
17th Jul 2003, 09:42
Sound card
3D or display card?

I just know they are Creative....
don't know their details

gangstaplay_the_third
17th Jul 2003, 09:52
It was the display / 3D card that I meant. To find out your card type select Start > Run and type:

dxdiag

and then click OK. Next click 'Display' at the top. You should then see the card name towards the upper left of the window. If you tell me what that is I may be able to tell you if it is supported.

Also, have you installed the latest drivers for your graphics card (3D card)? Did you select to install DirectX 9.0a when you installed Tomb Raider?

night
17th Jul 2003, 09:58
3D Blaster Banshee PCI/AGP

I can't find the latest drive...

I have installed dx9 before install AOD

GoranAgar
17th Jul 2003, 10:01
A Vodoo Banshee will not play TR: AOD. Sorry.

night
17th Jul 2003, 10:04
Originally posted by GoranAgar
A Vodoo Banshee will not play TR: AOD. Sorry.

Oh....
It means I need to buy others to play?

gangstaplay_the_third
17th Jul 2003, 10:26
Yeah - The game uses quite a few special effects and requires a graphics card that supports DirectX 9. Most new cards available now will do. It might be worth looking round these forums to find out who is having most success with TR AOD.

Wape
17th Jul 2003, 16:59
I bought this game (TR AOD) for my daughter. The game loaded ok. The beginning music was ok. I could get into the setups. Video, Audio, Mouse, Keyboard. When I tried to play a new game the screen went all WHITE and then died. I loaded 9x from Microsoft Homepage (was 8X). Still does same thing. Load latest drivers (I think) from Matrox Home Page. Still does same thing.
I'd appreciate ANY help. My daughter would like to play the game.

System: Windows 98
Intel P4 1.0 Gig
256 RAM
Video card: Matrox Millenium 450G Dual Head