PDA

View Full Version : The Edge

Davidg
17th Jul 2003, 05:45
At the very edge of the new, combined galaxy, life stirs. A long, spinning, cylindrical ship slowly move through the area. The vessel was launched shortly after the stellar colisions. The ship was made with what little resources a band of refuges fleeing their wartorn nations, to seek a new life in the Undiscovered Country. It has no hyperdrive, and no artificial gravity, and only rudimentary rail cannons, and sheild systems. The gravity is provided by the rotation of the outer hull around the central engine and storage core. In the modules on the outer hull, lie 20,00o people, of various races, in suspended animation, in pods similar to sleep pods. The ship is silent, the air stale, after four-and-a-quarter centuries travel.

System Star-up
>
>
>
Primary Matrix Intialized
>
>
>
Analysing sensor Data
>
>
>
Stardate 68565.2, Mission Year 423, Ship Log, SS Voyager, Computer Control System 01, Reporting

Anomalous Reading Detected, Awaken Key personal, as directed by Mission Protocol. Beginning reanimation sequence. All systems, moving to ready status.

Medical Grey
18th Jul 2003, 10:01
Ahhh, so you took my idea. I'm writing a fanfic though.

Senor v2
19th Jul 2003, 11:30
I expect we are all looking forward to it medical grey.

Sunrise
19th Jul 2003, 13:12
The only suitable reply i can think of is this.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Davidg
20th Jul 2003, 06:04
In a pod close to tge center of the ship it was silent. Only the faint humm of the ship's drive. The air was stale after three and a quarter centuries travel. In the center of the circular chamber, there are five sleep pods, the paint is still yellow, even after the ages of travel. Suddenly, the pods swing upward, and the hatches swing downward, into the floor, revealling the ship's command staff. A grey, turrekkan, kasvagorian, targ, and a salt hog . They step out, slightly bleary eyed. The computer's crisp female voice spoke.

Command Staff, please report to the bridge, it intoned.

They file out of the room, to a lift, which accends to a tower at the top of the large ship, the command center. All of the consoles are dark, in the circular room. The captian, a Targ, flips a switch, all of the consoles flash on. The crew takes their respective stations, shocked at what they see.

Medical Grey
20th Jul 2003, 08:06
Errr, mine is actually pre collision but anyway, looking DavidG

Davidg
21st Jul 2003, 07:03
What they saw was amazing a system of planets, all inhabitable. Some were warm and lush, some were cold, but still livable, and some were deserts. many of the planets matched the physical parameters of the crew's respective homeworlds, that is why the computer moved to investigate.

Captian: My goodness, we may have reached the end of our journey!