PDA

View Full Version : Kurtis a Better Fighter than Lara

phoenixrising
17th Jul 2003, 05:18
I just came from playing AOD, the part where Kurtis had to face the proto nephilim.

Basically, I defeated that dang beast using just kicks and punches (wasted my ammo on the mental patients). Just an observation: Sure, Kurtis moves like a gorilla especially when in the crouched position. I don't think he can jump as far as Lara either. But he is a much better fighter than Lara, which I think is pretty cool. :)

XanderD2
17th Jul 2003, 05:59
Sure, he has extra powers, some of which work like a lousy Jedi mind-trick ;) and he managed to catch Lara by surprise, but his performance against Boaz was less than stellar (the horrendous controls [in the PC version] being the main culprit). I'm sure Lara would have killed the proto-Nephilim as easily as Kurtis did it so we have no real basis for comparison.

RickyBoi
17th Jul 2003, 06:39
Only reason you think Kurtis is a better fighter then Lara, is cos thats all he did. Ran around killing stuff. Lara's with the whole puzzle solving and stuff. Kurtis was all action and death :D

SCrow816
17th Jul 2003, 09:49
i found when playing kurtis that he moved way to slow his punches and kicks were slower then Lara and his running speed seemed slower, and his rolling was slow as hell (although rolling isn't really needed in this TR with the quick turn around)

and slght spoiler

if Lara chose to kill kurtis instead of that beast that was behind him he would have been dead much earler in the game
Lara has been known to be merciless when she chose to be (ie. TR3 the pilot in the end of the game she could have just thrown him out of the chopper instead of shooting him in the head)

BkBaby999
17th Jul 2003, 10:59
Kurtis was lame!:rolleyes:

RebeL_fARmeR
17th Jul 2003, 11:54
Kurtis is a bit of a naff fighter, I tried beating up one of those homicidal mental patient guys and I got whooped! Knocked out about 70% of my health and then I pulled my gun and finished him off before he got the chance to finish ME off!

snake
17th Jul 2003, 15:18
Except all the other "perfect" stuff of the game now we need the macho Kurtis. Kurtis raider sucks.

Holly
17th Jul 2003, 15:45
Agreed. If Core had spent more time focusing on optimizing the graphics engine and not creating the Trent Weenie, I think we'd all be a lot happier. BTW, Jeremy Heath-Smith (which one is his maiden name?) has said over and over the fans wanted a new playable character; funny, I thought I was a fan and I sure as hell never asked for another playable character, especially that goober....

D3v1L80Y
17th Jul 2003, 16:43
yeah, I never heard of anyone I know wanting to play as anyone BUT Lara