PDA

View Full Version : I Need Serious Help!

mrdefender
16th Jul 2003, 23:44
OK THIS IS FREAKING INSANE!

I've got the damn stategy guide which is no help at all so another 20$ down the drain thank you very much.

I'm fighting this 'Brother Obscura' (acording to the guide). It says that I must fight off the ghost and when he stops to run for the blue light Immediatley.

IT'S FREAKING FU^#^%#^ IMPOSSIBLE!

AS SOON AS I GET CLOSE IT JUMPS TO ANOTHER STATUE!

I tried jumping to it (backflip, normal jump (ala 'jump + forward), side flip), getting the ghost close with me to the statue, dancing, doing the limbo. Squat!

Get this. I even stayed put for 3 HOURS! And IT NEVER MOVED! and yet when I get within arms lenght of it IT MOVES!!!!!!!!!

So Hurry Up MY #%@!

COME ON!!!! HOW DO I GET THIS DARN THING!!!!

Like the Hades thing wasnt hard enough, they toy with me!! Not to mention the fact my comp lags when he gets close (the ghost) and I seem to do some wierd dance when im 'in' him (standing and he's in me, or im in him.. i keep turning left and right like crazy).

COME ON!! GIMME ME AWNSER!! IF I HAD A CAMERA, ID GET ON MY KNEES AND BEG!! BUT I DONT!! BUT IM BEGGING YOU!!!

PS: All this for a painting??? What? Did GOD paint this himself or something???

PLEASE!!!! HELP ME!!!!

TR-AOD
16th Jul 2003, 23:50
ok firstly lay off the damned coffee

secondly its not you that has to stay still its when the ghost is still that you can get the painting. shoot at the ghost until he stops screaming and diving at you (this is tricky to spot and only lasts a couple of seconds) then while the ghost is stood still put your gun away and make a dash for the painting, its all in the timing.

there are many other posts on this forum offering help to get past this beastie

salvestrom
16th Jul 2003, 23:59
the reason you are continually rotating is because while you are standing, with a gun drawn, the computer keeps you constantly facing the target.

You have just 2 seconds to grab the painting when the ghost stops moving (it will make no sound). You have to be close to which ever statue is holding the painting, but not too close you make it move.

mrdefender
17th Jul 2003, 06:03
Yah... Figgured that rotating part out :D

Sorry for being mad... :( After spending hours trying to find a way to figgure this thing out, getting within 2 inches of the painting only for it to disapear...

Very frustrating.. Especially for a new commer to this series of games (AOD is the first tomb raider I played).

I'm not sure how exactly.. All I know it cost me alot of ammo and alot of jumps (not to mention health.. :D )

I got thru it!! Yay!

Thanks for the help though!

Please tell me that's the worst of it!! :D

D3v1L80Y
17th Jul 2003, 15:30
Originally posted by mrdefender
Please tell me that's the worst of it!! :D

OK...ummmm....that's the worst part of the game.:rolleyes: