PDA

View Full Version : The Mona Lisa jump.

salvestrom
16th Jul 2003, 21:00
First time round, after taking so long trying to find the power up box to pull, which was right under me nose, I didn't have the mental energy to figure this jump out, so I did some quick button pressing and kept topping Lara's health up til I was out of trouble.

Second time round I was determind to figure it out - burning health packs didn't seem to make sense. The first thing I discovered is that standing round the sides of the ML's glass cabinet puts you out of harms way of the gas.

So, I made the jump, grabbing the Cabinet at the far right edge then shimmied round the corner, just in time to avoid being "knocked out". I topped her health up and hung there a few, noticing that there was also gas pouring out of the top rail of the lasers, as well as from the floor. I tried to climb up and crawl into the shaft, but she died too quickly and that way lay more health pack burning, so I scratched it.

Next I notice that the left hand side, the lasers go wider than the right. Eventually I made this jump, getting multiple control issues. Unresponsive side stepping, the jump key not responding quick enough and running me of the first cabinet multiple times. Anyway, eventually I made the jump and shimmied around to the left where, sure enough, I wasn't toucching any lasers and the gas shut off. Right up until I climbed up, which triggered them and left me furthere away from the vent than jumping to the other side had done.

In the end, you guessed it, I opted to just make the jump normally and burn some medi-packs.

Has [i]anyone[i/] made this jump without using multiple medipacks in a mad dash for the vent??

gangstaplay_the_third
16th Jul 2003, 21:07
Yeah - turn off the lasers. :)

salvestrom
16th Jul 2003, 21:16
Bah :P. I'm gonna go take a look at that now :P. EVen if you're right or wrong I shall return and give you another :P just for good measure.

Sal

SVT_03
16th Jul 2003, 21:19
Yep, he's right. There is a place in the corner of the room, next to the glass case where you got the power up. Use the pass you got from the guard and swipe it. The lasers will then turn off for a short period of time. :)

salvestrom
16th Jul 2003, 22:52
Yeah. I saw it as soon as I loaded up the game again. I think I took it for just another "thing" on the wall first time round.

Thanks both of you though. :)