PDA

View Full Version : Double Guns Myth - Have you got them in the game?

D3v1L80Y
16th Jul 2003, 20:13
Hi there! I am wondering, just like many of you are I am sure, who here has actually received the double guns in the game?
Please respond with either a 'yes' or 'no'.

I have played and completed the game three times to no avail.
If anyone votes 'yes' , then please read this thread:

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=20521

and respond accordingly with exactly how you obtained them.

Grave_Robber
16th Jul 2003, 20:38
should have clearly mentioned u dont want anythin on gameshark and patches.

D3v1L80Y
16th Jul 2003, 20:43
Originally posted by Grave_Robber
should have clearly mentioned u dont want anythin on gameshark and patches.

That is why I provided the link to the other thread, so I didn;t need to repeat the long explaination.....:D

Granted, perhaps I should have been a bit more clear on the post, but I did request an explaination as to how one may have received the double guns....:)

Also, the poll itself is entitled 'Have you honestly obtained the double guns'.....if one was honest, they would not cheat and use a GameShark..... :p

TR-AOD
16th Jul 2003, 23:04
i didnt answer your poll because that would be telling, then it would no fun for others trying to get hold of em.

Ssssh i think i said too much already :eek:

BkBaby999
17th Jul 2003, 00:28
yes I honestly have obtained (seen the double guns with my own two beady eyes) them but unfortunately I'm not sure how it happened or why and they were there for a minute and now they are gone.

I did not sell my pawn items
I spoke to Pierre
I did attack the cleaner before he fell down the stairs
I did not touch the burnt reporter

I saw a grey metallic gun in Lara's left hand as I was approaching the last Obscura painting (I don't even know how long she had it :D ) I couldn't holster it, I couldn't make it fire. I could pull out other guns while she held it. I was punching and kicking the 2 Knights and it fired on its own about 3 times. :eek: Then after Boaz fight....it's gone.

This is a true unmade up story and I wish I had proof but I didn't know that it would show up and then just disappear *poof* when it showed up and I saw it I was like WTF?

I wish I had proof but I checked my saves and I already saved over it.

And please don't ask me to play the game again.....I'm through!

But I personally saw it, so I believe!!! I don't have Gameshark or anything or have used any cheats at all (and most of you should believe me....do you really think I'm spending more money on the game anyway) or maybe it was a weird glitch again.

tomb_raiding
17th Jul 2003, 00:38
You can see Lara's Double Guns in her hostler when she wears the Wet Suit, but u can't unhostler them, and then they disappear in the next Level :(

Deserteagle_girl
17th Jul 2003, 01:31
Ok so, if u have the double guns, u fire 2 bullets @ the same time. 4 some reason, whenever i fire, the gun uses 2 bullets, even though i didn't get the double guns.
Anyway what's so special about the double guns anyway?I finished the game without them, & i don't fell bad @ all!:)

D3v1L80Y
17th Jul 2003, 14:38
Originally posted by Deserteagle_girl
Anyway what's so special about the double guns anyway?

The double guns are special because they are a trademark item for the character of the game. When you think of Lara Croft, you think of her spelunking around some ancient tomb, and blasting away at baddies with her "two fisted" pistol assault. The double guns, in a way, define her character. When you take away a character's signature move or trademark item, you take away part of the reason that character is likeable in the first place.

Not only that, it is false advertising on Eidos' part. At the very least it is a misrepresentation of what the consumer actually purchases. Preview shots of the game, promo pictures and items for stores to display and even the actual packaing the game itself comes in shows her with brandishing and blazing away with two guns in hand. This is not what actually happens in the game, thereby making all of the above false images of the actual product.

Bottom line is it was 'bad' of them to release the game without Lara having the use of her trademark weapons.

Deserteagle_girl
17th Jul 2003, 17:28
ok D3v1L80Y so they took away her double guns, but they kinda took away the tombs too!... Come on an ancient tomb beneath the Louver? That is pretty silly!
It is true that u can't imagine Lara without her double guns, but let's think a bit shall we?Ok in every Tomb Raider game she starts with the duo guns, cuz in every game she knew her mission from the beginning.
In this game however she just pays Von Croy a visit and he gets killed. In the first level u r unarmed! U start finding guns as u play.

I know it's bad cuz they took them out and yeah it is true that on the CD Lara has her double guns. OH and have u ppl noticed that in the instructions booklet that u get with the game, there is a screen shot with Lara shooting a bad guy with her double guns!(it's on page 14), but hey maybe there is a pair of double guns somewhere out there...who knows?

D3v1L80Y
17th Jul 2003, 17:43
Come on an ancient tomb beneath the Louver? That is pretty silly!

I agree. I have made the same statement in different threads.

Ok in every Tomb Raider game she starts with the duo guns, cuz in every game she knew her mission from the beginning.

The only game in the series, at least to my recollection, where she actually had a mission that she knew about beforehand was the first one. Natla hired her to find the Scion.

In this game however she just pays Von Croy a visit and he gets killed. In the first level u r unarmed! U start finding guns as u play.

She goes to visit him at his request,and the mission she has is to find out the who/what/when/why/where and how of the Obscura Paintings. True, you begin unarmed and you do find guns throughout the game, in fact you find the same gun several times....why not be able to 'combine' them like in previous games when you could combine items?

And finally, they took out the tombs starting with the second game....each game since with the exception of Last Revelation has had less and less tombs.

Deserteagle_girl
17th Jul 2003, 22:04
D3v1L80Y, 2day started 2 play from the beginning. In the first cut scene, when the police chased her, the police dogs got her backpack. I think that her duo guns were in it. Since she didn't go 2 the police station the get it back(I don't blame her) we don't have the duo guns.

Grave_Robber
18th Jul 2003, 01:28
Ok never mind screen shots how about the cutscenes ingame. every cutscene when u see lara after u have finished parisian ghetto area she has the dual pistols.

An ancient tomb beneath the louve, why not. there maybe an ancient tomb near where u live that no one knows about. u neva know :D

owen10
18th Jul 2003, 01:45
This is a bit OT, but I don't see how a tomb beneath the Louvre is any sillier than fighting a T-Rex or tigers roaming the Great Wall of China. Tomb Raider has always been "silly" on this level, and introducing a bit of reality doesn't, and shouldn't, change this.

Grave_Robber
18th Jul 2003, 02:05
every one knows T-rexs can survive in enclosed spaces for 1000s of years :D