PDA

View Full Version : Proto Nephilim - The Angel Of Darkness???

BlueSkiesXXV
16th Jul 2003, 16:29
Is the Proto Nephilim the 'Angel of Darkness'?
That guy in the madhouse said he was just a truck driver and they were all being fed to the BLACK ANGEL.

So are Core referring to the Proto as the angel of darkness???

owen10
16th Jul 2003, 16:34
Lara was the angel of darkness, before Core refocused the story's content. It was originally going to be much darker, but was softened up as time went on. That's my take, at least.

numb
16th Jul 2003, 16:57
'fallen from light, reborn in shadow...'

of course, it's now obvious to a number of us that jeremy heath-smith was, himself, the 'angel of darkness'...

BlueSkiesXXV
16th Jul 2003, 16:58
Yeah, not that dark though was she :D

D3v1L80Y
16th Jul 2003, 18:09
I believe that the term "angel of darkness" refers to the Nephilim in general.

Angels consist of nine classes and three orders, upper, middle and lower. The upper order is composed of Cherubim, Seraphim, and Thrones: these are called 'priests' ,'chief priests,' and 'bearers of God's throne.' The middle order is composed of Lords, Powers and Rulers: these are called 'priests', because they receive revelations from those above them. The lower order consists of Principalities, Archangels and Angels: and these are the ministers who wait upon created things.

Being that Nephilim are not a true class of angels I would think that Core fabricated the angel class 'Nephilim' to represent the "dark angels" hence the Angel of Darkness

salvestrom
16th Jul 2003, 23:53
Core didn't fabricate the "Nephilim class".

Nephilim are exactly what is stated in the game, a cross breed that came about when a bunch of Angels took off the Halo and entertained some human females.

The Book of Enoch is part of the Apocryhpa - a series of books once part of the Bible but deemed by the Church to not be true (sometime around 300-400AD in the case of this particular book).

The Nephilim were such large babies they had to be cut out of the womb. Many died. Those that lived grew to large proportions and comitted unspeakable crimes. I forget what destroyed them. I think it was Angels sent by God.

Goliath (as in David and Goliath) was suggested to be a Nephilim.

It was after the mating of angels and women that God took away the genitals of Angels.

Sal.

PS. I'm confused. The series of classes you described come from Enoch. In the current version of the Bible there are very few angels that get named and in the New Testament only two are named. In the Old Testament they're just called an Angel. My lagging point being where did you get your info from? =D

PSS Angel of Darkness is referring to Asrael, one of the Archangels, in this case the Angel of Death.

RickyBoi
17th Jul 2003, 00:23
You people know waaaaay to much about this stuff. It's slightly scary...:eek:

tomb_raiding
17th Jul 2003, 00:40
Yeah You r giving me the creeps, Am I seeing Angels now, nop I'm just seeing thos grumpy old Ghosts :eek:

I agree the "angel of darkness" has somthing to do with the nephilim race, specificly either {Spoiler}Karel or The Sleeper

Apocrypha Roxy
17th Jul 2003, 02:49
The Nephilim are indeed real - featured in the Book of Enoch (part of the Apocrypha). They're a cross between human women and angels who desended to Earth. The Angel Turel was one of these - as a fan of LoK, which has a heavy biblical/mythology influence (most of all its 2 main characters: Raziel and Kain), I know this. Scary, ain't it? :p

The Apocrypha are the Dead Sea Scrolls - dismissed by all but the Catholic Church (and some Jewish mysticism, I believe) as 'extra', you could say.

There are 9 classes of Angels: Cherubim, Seraphim, Thrones, Lords, Powers, Rulers, Pricipalities, Archangels, and lastly Angels. For more info, check out Gustav Davidson's A Dictionary of Angels: Including the Fallen Angels.

Still have to check what Azrael's name means...

Cool topic. :)

D3v1L80Y
17th Jul 2003, 13:33
I will have to read through my 'Lost Books of the Bible' and "Dictionary of Angels' again, as I obviously overlooked this.....I was wrong and I stand corrected...(see....I can admit when I am wrong,:D )